The beginning of a new life! - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

The beginning of a new life! - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

The beginning of a new life!

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The beginning of a new life! - Page 2 Empty Re: The beginning of a new life!

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:27 am

"Not on this floor, but in the emergency room when a patient who was bewitched by a powerful spell went crazy. Fortunately, my father happened to be right there and rescued me so I wasn't hurt, but it certainly can be very frightening. That's why we want very experienced healers around any patient who has that sort of potential. "

She motioned them to follow her to next floor. "This floor and the next three are very very busy and will be where you concentrate most of your training. The floors were rearranged duriing the remodeling to reduce traffic as much as possible. We placed offices and rooms that are used just for staff the farthest away from the ground floor because it would need the fewest access by the public. The contagious and psych units were placed on the fourth because it would have patient rooms but not ones we wanted a great deal of traffic from the public to.

"The third floor now holds the OB/GYN units and the delivery rooms, the surgery rooms, intensive care, pediatrics and the nursery for newborns--which is inside pediatrics, Extended Care for patients that might have to stay for weeks or months at a time as they recover. There is also a very pleasant sunroom here for those who are recovering. You will, certainly, do some training on this floor at some point. One of my favorite places to come when things get a little overwhelming for me is the nursery. It's a place where it reminds you, when the day is maybe not as pleasant as it could be, that there is new life all around us and always something to be happy about."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22716
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophia Granger Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:44 am

Sophia's eyes widen as Khaat her the story of when she was attack by someone. "I hope that nevers happens to me."said Sophia softly. Who was she kidding? she worked at a place where they dealed with craziness every day. "Oh wow... I could get use to this floor!"said Sophia laughing her tinkling bell laugh. "MOM!"said Sophia rather loudly as she seen her mom coming out of a room. "Khaat, did yu know that my mom was up here?"Sophia asked her softly.
Sophia Granger
Sophia Granger
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 11575

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:24 am

"Yes," Khaat smiled, "I did. I saw her here earlier, but I didn't get a chance to talk to her. She stays very, very busy." Khaat smiled at Emmy and said, "Hi, Emmy. I'm just showing our newest healers around the building."

She turned her attention back to Soph and Mari, " One of the things we will have you both doing is working with different healers because everyone does things just a little differently. And that's fine by us, so long as it makes people better. Some people prefer to use potions. Some prefer to use spells. And from those who use spells, there are some who use their wands primarily and those who heal with their hands--by touch. My father and I both heal by touch. That's why we want you to work with as many healers as possible so that you learn as many different ways to heal as you can. Oh, and there are many, many good books on healing that you can look things up in between my office and my father's office, and you're always welcome to use those books."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariana Diggory Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:41 am

Baby-sitting adult patients wasn't excatly what Mariana had in mind, but she just laughed for herself before she was able to procssed with Khaat and Sophia to the next floors. Psyhiatric department didn't seem rather attractive considering she spent a few weeks there not so long ago. "So when does our offical training start Khaat? I can't wait to learn how to save lives." asked Mari with enthusiasm. The only reason she came her was because she was tired at looking how people die so instead she prefered to watch them live.

Her enthusiasm went as quick as it came once she saw Sophia's mother Emanuelle getting out of her office. She had no idea that Emmy was working there. Sense of guilt was eating her from the inside. If Emmy ever found out that she dated her housband Mariana would wish to bury herself in the ground from the guilt.
Mariana Diggory
Mariana Diggory

Number of posts : 16276

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:50 am

"Well, you can start that as soon as we finish the tour," Khaat said. "But I doubt that your first duty will be to save a life. First you do have to learn some basics, just like you had to learn to walk before you ran. Have either of you done any healing at all? Do either of you know any healing spells? We need to see what your natural healing skills are. Perhaps when we get to the nonemergent care we can find something that see how your skills stack up. Let's see what you both can do, and then we'll know more."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariana Diggory Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:53 pm

"Yeah i figured that would happen." Mariana replied happy to turn her thoughts to something more intresting then think what would Sophia's mom do if she found out Mari dated her housband. "Well Wilson did teach us some though i only remember Episkey which is no good for saving life, maybe for fixing a toe, but yeah. And Vulnera Sanentur which can save a life. I didn;t really pay attention to what he was saying.." she replied trying to remmber though the lecture just came in on one ear and came out on other one.
Mariana Diggory
Mariana Diggory

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:50 am

"Well, you certainly will need those," she smiled. "We do see a lot of small wounds that require Episkey and an awful lot of sectumsempras. Remember that Vulnera Sanentur is the only spell that resolves the damage that is done by a sectumsempra because it is a severe magical wound that causes massive bleeding. We will definitely be sure you can both cast those spells effectively. Let's head down to the next floor."

She took theme down to the second floor where patients who suffered injuries or noncontagious diseases who had to remain in St. Mungos were being treated. The floor also had a sunroom. She showed them around the floor and explained that this floor was very busy because most of the patients who were admitted were here.

Then she took them down to the first floor. This was the floor that held the Healer's Clinic--a special clinic that allowed walk-in patients for non-emergent are, routine medical follow up appointments, and all sorts of other routine care. She showed them their own offices that were located here, along with the offices of all the other healers. This would allow them quiet places to do paperwork or to meet with patients in private if they needed to. She also showed them where the Mental Health/Counseling Services were located on this floor. "You may decorate your offices however you like," Khaat smiled. "Your names will be added to the doors later today. If you need help conjuring furniture or anything else, my father and I will be more than happy to help you. Do not ever be afraid to come to either of us for anything you need. Not ever. So, are you ready to go downstairs to the emergency room and see if there is anything that we might be able to test your abilities with?"

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariana Diggory Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:24 pm

Mariana raised an eyebrow not sure how surprised she was right now. "I had no idea interns get their own office." was the murmer that hardly understanably came out of her mouth. "Don't we need white uniforms before we get our practise Khaat? I mean only for hygene purposes you know..." she asked now loud enough so Khaat can hear her not sure if questioning her boss was best way to start this job.
Mariana Diggory
Mariana Diggory

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:57 pm

"You will," Khaat smiled, "Sophia has hers. Her mother bought it for her. There is one downstairs for you, Mari. Beginning healers will wear red robes until they are through with their 90 day probationary period, at which point you will find your new white robes in your office. Unless you work in pediatrics and the nursery. If you work with children, you will wear blue robes. So now, let us go to the ground floor. I want you to meet a friend of mine. He's your volunteer for practice today. "

She took them to the ground floor,explaining that St. Mungos had a basement and a subbasement that they had yet to see--another 2 floors, but she wanted them to stop here first. The ground floor had the main entrance to St. Mungos, which she was sure they knew. It also had the emergency care wing, along with a gift shop, a meditation room for meditation or prayers, the hospital kitchen with its gourmet chef and its newly refurbished dining room that looked fresh, clean and done in contemporary elegance. There was a smaller tea room for gourmet coffees, teas and quick snacks, a beautiful sunroom, and an enormous conference room that was the size of a large ballroom that was used for all sorts of trainings, gatherings, and large scale events.

Khaat led them through the energency care ward and asked a clerk if they were setup for her. The clerk gave her a treatment room number, and she led her new healers inside.
She was pleased to see her dear friend, Brian Quinn waiting for them. "Good morning," she smiled. "Ladies, this is my very best friend in all the world, Brian Quinn. Brian, this is Mari Diggory, and I believe you know Sophia."

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Quinn Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:12 pm

Brian smiled, "I certainly do. Hello, Sophia. Nice to see you again. And Mari--hello, nice to meet you. So, I understand you want to learn to be healers. Well, Khaat here has recruited me to be, basically, your training dummy. The plan is very simple. Khaat will cast a spell on me that will create the illusion of various injuries. Those injuries will look at behave as though they are the real thing. Your task is simple. Fix it. Do you think you're ready? Oh, and don't worry if you dont' know the proper cure. Khaat and I are both healers and we will guide you to the real solution. There are a number of bottles of potions that have been placed in the cabinet that will make a certain injury disappear while not harming me. If you choose the wrong potion, it will merely be ineffective. That may not be the case with a real injury or illness. You also have spells to choose from. You will use wands for this exercise that will respond harmlessly to the illusion that Khaat will create. Today we will only look at injuries. We will look at illnesses another day. So--any questions?"
Brian Quinn
Brian Quinn
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 636
Special Abilities : Healer, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top