We need your opinion - Focus - Page 3
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

We need your opinion - Focus - Page 3 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

We need your opinion - Focus

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Which group should the site focus on?

We need your opinion - Focus - Page 3 Bar_left100%We need your opinion - Focus - Page 3 Bar_right 100% 
[ 15 ]
We need your opinion - Focus - Page 3 Bar_left0%We need your opinion - Focus - Page 3 Bar_right 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 15

We need your opinion - Focus - Page 3 Empty Re: We need your opinion - Focus

Post by Ne'Os Emof Sat May 29, 2010 9:37 pm

Headmaster Vincent Majere wrote:They will not be alienated if they make new characters. Perhaps we can restrict grads to old members only, besides, as I pointed out, new members make students mainly.

But really Khaat, if you, Matt and Jess are all saying we should keep PA the way it is, why make this topic? Just keep it as it is, since obviously its going along so successfull. So why change it?

I kinda like this idea for old members to use grads.
Ne'Os Emof
Ne'Os Emof
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 5547
Special Abilities : Wandless magic, Invisibility

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Sat May 29, 2010 11:28 pm

But majere, your examples were incorrect...

The battle at the ministry - Grads only

The RoR battle - Students only

That's what the problem was, no we don't have enough people to focus on one group while the other operates, but we have enough people to focus on both, and have it work. Because, though you say that the admins focus on both, the plot doesn't, we constantly have these grads only and students only plots, but if we came up with a really good grads and students plot we'd have enough of both to pull it off.
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 14221
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Seer, Flying, Legilimens

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1356010139

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Quinn Sat May 29, 2010 11:40 pm

Thank you, Jess! I evidently was not saying it correctly.
Brian Quinn
Brian Quinn
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 636
Special Abilities : Healer, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 29, 2010 11:46 pm

The idea of only allowing older members to have graduates is a bad one. I hardly ever choose to make student characters (as a madder-o-fact, I've only ever made one) because of the fact that RPing as a student isn't nearly as fun as playing an adult character; you can get involved with bigger plots that way (granted, a few students have managed to become super important characters to the plot, it does not happen so often), not to mention the fact that there is almost always more to adults characters than students. I’m sure I’m not to only one with this opinion either.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincent Majere Sun May 30, 2010 9:42 am

Well obviously some people are not going to like it, but the point is that that is one of the few ways we can encourage people to make students. Besides, we have to many grads already, and far too few jobs for Grads to do.

Also Jess, one event was for students, and other one was for grads, which shows we were focusing on both at that time, and neither of the events went well. Because we don't have enough grads to pull off a battle, nor enough students to do something like a party at Hogwarts. Actually, we don't even have enough students to have a class Rolling Eyes
Vincent Majere
Vincent Majere

Number of posts : 836

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Jess Potter Mon May 31, 2010 10:15 am

What i think Majere meant was that we'd stop accepting grads, and let all the current ones stay, not older generation members.

And that's what i'm getting at Majere, we could make a plot that involved both, and we'd have the numbers for it, but as it is we have no choice. Yes, i think that if we focused on one, students is the choice, but i'd rather focus on both.
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 14221
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Seer, Flying, Legilimens

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1356010139

Back to top Go down

Post by Willow Ashers Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:11 pm

I also agree with Sandra. It should be focused onn students since it's a Hogwarts RP site. Duh:) Besides, most of the grads don't have student charries, right? And the ones who don't can make some, which PA needs more of right? So it would really be helping PA:)
Willow Ashers
Willow Ashers

Number of posts : 736

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Clementine Lovegood Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:12 pm

Grads. The last plot was students so it is only fair if the grads have their turn. Plus I agree with Keera way back on page one. How can students handle both battles AND classes? Smile
Clementine Lovegood

Number of posts : 2053

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top