We need your opinion - Focus - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

We need your opinion - Focus - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

We need your opinion - Focus

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Which group should the site focus on?

We need your opinion - Focus - Page 2 Bar_left100%We need your opinion - Focus - Page 2 Bar_right 100% 
[ 15 ]
We need your opinion - Focus - Page 2 Bar_left0%We need your opinion - Focus - Page 2 Bar_right 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 15

We need your opinion - Focus - Page 2 Empty Re: We need your opinion - Focus

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat May 29, 2010 3:33 pm

Well said, Jess.

K.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22716
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophia Granger Sat May 29, 2010 3:46 pm

I agree that we should combine it, I think maybe we should have a plot that involves both students and grads and maybe have a huge battle that brings both of them together. Of course I mean the older mature students like 4-7th or something like that but I do think we should combine it,
Sophia Granger
Sophia Granger
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 11575

Back to top Go down

Post by Ne'Os Emof Sat May 29, 2010 5:30 pm

Focus on Both HP did
Ne'Os Emof
Ne'Os Emof
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 5547
Special Abilities : Wandless magic, Invisibility

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincent Majere Sat May 29, 2010 6:24 pm

Wow, Khaat, Jess, Wilson, your missing the main point. We don't have enough members to focus on both Grads and Students. Did the battle of Ministry go well Jess? Or the Student Party thing at the RoR? No, because we don't have enough members. Thats why we need to focus mainly on one of them. Though I have to agree that none of the Hogwarts plots are really good Rolling Eyes
Vincent Majere
Vincent Majere

Number of posts : 836

Back to top Go down

Post by Miseria Lupin Sat May 29, 2010 6:48 pm

Though, I am playing a student here, I do agree with Majere that the mods/admins should focus mostly on the students, because yes, we don't have much of the users, and like this party, all the threads will just die. So first of all, maybe this forum should just bring back to life all those who were here like... 5-6 moths ago, even more, however, I do know that this is the time when most of us (I concider myself in it) are doing their studies for the upcoming exams.
And surely we do need to focus on one of them, but there is the logic thing, too.
If we focus on students, give them the lessons, etc, then what should the graduates do? I do think or even know that you will possibly think out something, Razz

Sad that here is no such vote as "neutral" or something like that, but I'm giving my vote for the students.

That is all. XD
Miseria Lupin

Number of posts : 3782

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Sat May 29, 2010 7:09 pm

I didn't miss the point on anything, Vincent. It seems to me that when a group like ours has, basically, two groups---half our bunch is students, and half our bunch is grads--that such choices become incredibly difficult. I am not at all willing to alienate half our members. I would like to see everyone and anyone who wants to be a part of PA to feel valued and welcome and have opportunities to be involved.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3100
Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincent Majere Sat May 29, 2010 7:45 pm

They will not be alienated if they make new characters. Perhaps we can restrict grads to old members only, besides, as I pointed out, new members make students mainly.

But really Khaat, if you, Matt and Jess are all saying we should keep PA the way it is, why make this topic? Just keep it as it is, since obviously its going along so successfull. So why change it?
Vincent Majere
Vincent Majere

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Sat May 29, 2010 7:57 pm

First of all, I don't believe that's what any of the three of us are saying, Vincent. I feel I need to make that clear so that other members who read this are not mislead. I, for one, am in favor of change. But the beauty of a forum like this is that we are all entitled to our own opinions. I would like to see a plot change, for one thing. But just because I would like a more mixed focus does not mean I am not in favor of change for the site. There are other ways to change the site besides simply shifting the focus.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3100
Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Sat May 29, 2010 8:30 pm

ok i voted and read the threads and in my opinion i feel if you concentrate on the students many will leave , I personaly can not play a student as I have not for a long time been a child. One reason i made a teacher when i first joined. Once those students have graduated what then, the person will have to make another student and some will not be willing to do that so once graduation they will just leave, making no sensein just students . I agree there has to be a balance to this for grads and students a like, you can't have one with out the other.

My sugestion would be to have some activity where grads and student interact not a dance nor an attack may be an illness. That takes down the grads or student and each ahs to figure out what caused it and take that person or thing down while some work on an atadote to cure it. Those wanting to be healers could work along side seasoned healers on the antadote. While others who want to become Aorurs could help grad aurors as each falls ill.

But that is my sugetion I feel if there isn't a balance, then leave alone right now, as its working ok right now , I feel it was better the old way and have said all along the changes never worked right . If it gose to students I will have no alternative but to leave because i just can't play a student, I had one emily and i had to let her go as I just couldn't do it.

this is just my opinion I am one of a few remaining member from the first site as i have been here allready over a year and been threw two changes.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 3077
Special Abilities : Legllimancy, Speaking to Animals

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincent Majere Sat May 29, 2010 8:40 pm

Of course Khaat, we should keep the mixed focus. After all, with 1 teacher, two students, 3 death eaters and 4 order members, we can pull off any plot.

Not. We don't have enough members to keep the current mixed focus. It worked once upon a time, a long time ago. Not now.
Vincent Majere
Vincent Majere

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top