Abbey's Suggestions
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Abbey's Suggestions Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Abbey's Suggestions

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Abbey's Suggestions Empty Abbey's Suggestions

Post by Abbey Dawn Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:28 pm

I got alot of ideas on how to make the site better from Amelia and Khatt's suggestions, so some of mine might sound a little like their's. If they do, I'm sorry!

1.) I think that everyone should try to start not making grammatical and spelling errors in their posts. I know a majority of the people who come on here come from the US, but those who don't I think, are the only ones who have an excuse when it comes to this. I know some people will also be annoyed if we start to address this issue, but it really bugs me, and it know it bugs Amelia too from reading her suggestions.

2.) I think we should also get stricter on how many characters people can have. I know that when I had two other characters besides this account, I got really overwhelmed and never got the time to go on my other accounts, so I deleted them. I believe the site is starting to become overcrowded with characters that nobody uses, so I think that people need to have some accounts that they focus on, and if there are accounts they don't use, they should delete them.

3.) I also noticed that people are having topics that seem to have no point in them, and that have no good roleplaying in them. There are alot of topics that are going no where, so I think it would be a good idea to start becoming stricter on topics.

4.) I really liked Khatt's suggestion on having awards for good roleplaying and a certain number of posts. If we reward the people who are putting alot of effort into the site and who seem to genuinely care about it, then I think that will start to make the other roleplayers who come on who aren't doing as well to do better on their roleplaying in general.

That's all I have to say! Please tell me if any of this was at all helpful! Smile
Abbey Dawn
Abbey Dawn

Number of posts : 2143
Special Abilities : Telekenesis, Apparation

Back to top Go down

Abbey's Suggestions Empty Re: Abbey's Suggestions

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:38 pm

I think you have a lot of good suggestions, but I think there are a lot of "wandering threads" to give folks something to do so they don't get bored. Or, sometimes it is to develop relationships between characters so those alliances or enemy relationships can become more important in bigger plots later. I'm not so bothered by them so long as the people involved in them are enjoying themselves and doing their best to follow site rules, basically.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22611
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Abbey Dawn Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:59 am

Hmmm, I never thought about that before Khatt. Thanks! I think that threads for those people are okay, but have you noticed any of the threads going on that are kind of dead around here?
Abbey Dawn
Abbey Dawn

Number of posts : 2143
Special Abilities : Telekenesis, Apparation

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:38 pm

OMG!!! They're rampant!! And they multiply like rabbits!! LOL

I agree w/ you there.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:11 am

Nice suggestions Abbey Smile

Well I dont think we need to restrict topics really. Some topics go well, and some well.. dont. But we shouldn't restrict those. I definately agree with suggestions 1 and 2 though. I think that the max for characters should be 3, because any more than that can get a bit overwhelming. And forumotion really needs to get spell check :/

As for the awards idea, its an awesome suggestion. I've been checking around other sites and I think it'll work well.
Darren
Darren

Number of posts : 22273
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Leglimens,

Back to top Go down

Post by Jemma Tiquelle Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:38 pm

I don't think anything regarding post count would be a good idea. We've had it before and it just made lots and lots of people spam.

Spellcheck, well apart from Internet Explorers most browsers have a built-in spell check. I know Firefox and Chrome do, and they're the 2nd and 3rd most popular browsers for PA users. I think Safari and Opera do too, though I'm not 100% on those two. It's just IE that fails. As usual.

Ok, I think I posted this in another topic here, but I'm going to post it here again. I think for characters you should be able to have two, then for every further character you need to PM a certain admin (have one that deals with it all, as multiple admins doing it would be confusing) to get permission from them before making the app. Just a quick PM saying 'I want to create a 5th year huffie/gryffie girl, can I?' would be fine.

Abbey's Suggestions Qw9nLyk
~ enjoying her sixties ~ divination professor & head of hufflepuff ~ single ~ seer ~
~ biography ~ thread tracker ~

Set made by me. Want one? Accepting requests here.
Jemma Tiquelle
Jemma Tiquelle
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 6601
Special Abilities : Seer, Occlumens, Apparation and Astral Projection.

http://www.zazzle.com/magicalmalteaser*

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:26 pm

But, Darren, it took me forever to decide to add Andrew. I dont' want to get rid of him this soon. Can we say 4? Compromise? Just a little? Or come up with better guidelines on how to use these multiple characters instead? I mean, i think the characters need to be active and doing something, fairly regularly. Those are some of the first things I think of, off the top of my head.

Or--I like Jemma's thinking--perhaps 3, with more by admin permission. (I know she said 2, but I'm trying to "bargain" a bit here) lol
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Elijah Krum Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:29 pm

We can't have four! I'll have to delete two xD I think it should be how many a player can handle.
Elijah Krum
Elijah Krum
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 4833
Special Abilities : Occlumens, Parseltongue, Animagus
Occupation : Owner of Eli's Fine Dining, Artist, Deputy Minister of Magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Jemma Tiquelle Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:27 pm

^That's why I said you can PM an admin for more, because some people CAN handle more. It's just, some can't. Lol.

Abbey's Suggestions Qw9nLyk
~ enjoying her sixties ~ divination professor & head of hufflepuff ~ single ~ seer ~
~ biography ~ thread tracker ~

Set made by me. Want one? Accepting requests here.
Jemma Tiquelle
Jemma Tiquelle
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 6601
Special Abilities : Seer, Occlumens, Apparation and Astral Projection.

http://www.zazzle.com/magicalmalteaser*

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:28 pm

Ok, Jemma and Eli. That works for me too. I don't want Eli to delete anybody either. LOL

Can we just consider this decided? In other words "SOLD!" ROFL
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top