Huffelpuff Training No.3
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Huffelpuff Training No.3 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Huffelpuff Training No.3

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Huffelpuff Training No.3 Empty Huffelpuff Training No.3

Post by Mariana Diggory Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:41 pm

Mariana had scheduled an evening training this time.It was around 8 PM when she arrived at the stadium carrying a big box which had qwaffles,bludgers and the golden snitch inside in her left hand while her right hand was busy carrying her firebolt.She put the box on the grass and sat on it waiting for the rest of the team to arrive hoping they would be more awake then the previous time when she scheduled training at dawn.
Mariana Diggory
Mariana Diggory

Number of posts : 16276

Back to top Go down

Huffelpuff Training No.3 Empty Re: Huffelpuff Training No.3

Post by Abbey Dawn Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:33 am

Abbey walked onto the pitch and glanced down at her watch to make sure she was on time. She slung her beaters bat over her shoulder and dragged her broom across the dead grass, crunching through tiny ice droplets that had formed on the blades on the very tips of it. She yawned and hugged her hoodie even tighter around her cold body, and glanced into the night air.

Abbey saw Mariana carrying a box full of all the Quidditch supplies and smiled; nothing made her feel any better than taking a night flight on her broom in the crisp air. Abbey walked up to Mari and placed her broom on the ground where no one would step on it. "Good evening!" she said, looking around the deserted pitch; usually people were sitting in the bleachers to watch the practices so they could place bets againest each other on the best team. Abbey plopped down on the first bleacher and asked, "What did you have in mind for tonight's traning?"
Abbey Dawn
Abbey Dawn

Number of posts : 2143
Special Abilities : Telekenesis, Apparation

Back to top Go down

Post by Miseria Lupin Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:19 am

Right after Abbey, Miseria was the one who reached the quidditch stadium, broom over her shoulder, and hair made up as a ponytail. She walked up to both of them, Mariana, and Abbey, nodding to both of them:"Good evening," she greeted them with a soft smile. For the first, she was little bit disturbed that this training will be this late. Why not at the day time? Though, she had her homework ready, and she had nothing to worry about anymore.

Glancing around, she was a bit surprised that anyone but them three weren't here yet. "I think that they may be having dinner..." she murmured to herself, and took the broom from her shoulder. "What will we practise today, Mariana?" she then asked, looking at the captain of their team. Sadly they lost the last match against Gryffindor, but still - maybe they'll win in game against Slytherin.
Miseria Lupin

Number of posts : 3782

Back to top Go down

Post by Alice Longbottom1 Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:49 pm

Alice was glad that this training was later than the previous. Maybe that would be the catch, them being awake. Alice hadn't thought it was a problem before, she was fine, but most all others were drowsy. She just got up earlier than most of them. Something she'd been trying to stop doing, but with not a friend to her name, all the consultation you get is yourself. So if she thought it was a good idea, she had to do it, with out asking Mo and Po.

"I'm here, Mari." she grinned, and walked over next to... Abbey? She was positive, yes. She often mixed Abbey up with her muggle friend back in Wales, Jenna. She flopped the stick of her broom on the ground, and made the impression that she was leaning on it. She'd seen some cooler people do so.
Alice Longbottom1
Alice Longbottom1

Number of posts : 473

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariana Diggory Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:23 pm

Mariana looked as three of her team mates already came so she felt like starting already.It was pointless to waste more time since she couldn't keep her team on the pitch whole night. "Hey Alice,Miseria,Abbey..." she said as she stood up from the box full of quiditch supplies. "First of all i would like to tell you i am very satisfied with your game on the match especially with chasers.One who actually screwed up was me and i do apologise for that,but everything is not lost yet." she said wondering if the speech was encouraging or not. "We are playing against Slytherin in 2 weeks more or less so we'll train hard these days." she notified the team wondering what would they think of it.

"Anyway without wasting more time...Today i am going to teach you not to fall off your broom when a bludger hits you.I know it sounds ridiculus since you saw me falling without trying to mount my broom,but it's better late then never." she said as she left the box behind. "If there's not any questions mount your brooms and don't go too high in the air." she added quickly as she levitated 3 meters from the ground and waited.
Mariana Diggory
Mariana Diggory

Back to top Go down

Post by Abbey Dawn Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:37 pm

Abbey mounted her broom and rose above the grass. She turned to Mari and asked, "Would you like me to hit some bludgers towards you guys for practice?" Abbey knew that Mari was going to want her to practice not falling off her broom when a bludger hit her too, but Abbey wasn't exactly excited for the idea; she'd been hit by a bludger before, and it did not exactly leave a good mark on you.
Abbey Dawn
Abbey Dawn

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariana Diggory Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:06 pm

Mariana looked as Abbey flew up in the air.She made line with her. "Maybe later,but no bludgers for the moment.I want you to practise a move first. Now since you want to try it first Abbey i'll tell you what to do.Go 1 or 2 meters up please." she said as she made enough landing space for her.
Mariana Diggory
Mariana Diggory

Back to top Go down

Post by Abbey Dawn Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:22 pm

Abbey nodded and followed Mari's orders. She let her broom move up the two meters Mari had instructed her to do, and then looked down at her fellow team members farther below her. "Ready Mari!" she called, giving her a thumbs up sign.
Abbey Dawn
Abbey Dawn

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariana Diggory Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:24 pm

Mariana looked up as Abbey did what she told her. "Okay Abbey as much as what i tell you to do might sound a little weird just do it." she said as she flew up for a few inches. "I want you to slip off your broomstick.Try not to fall just catch it with your both arms and hang there for further instructions." she said hoping it was simple enough to remember.
Mariana Diggory
Mariana Diggory

Back to top Go down

Post by Abbey Dawn Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:14 am

Abbey nodded and gulped. She knew she shouldn't have done it, but she snuck a peek at the ground. Oh my God,, Abbey thought. I am going to die.. She quickly averted her eyes from the ground and finally got up the nerve to try what Mari had told her to do.

Very slowly, Abbey slid down her broom until she got to the very edge. At the last moment, when she was sure that she was off her broom, Abbey snapped her arms above her head, and clutched onto her broom for dear life. Abbey sighed, glad that she hadn't splattered into a million pieces on the cold ground. It was actually sort of relaxing, dangling in the cold night air from her broom. Abbey looked up at Mari and said, "Okay, what do I do now?" Abbey hoped Mari answered soon, because her palms were beginning to get sweaty from hanging so long.
Abbey Dawn
Abbey Dawn

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top