Alone for once (Jesse)
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Alone for once (Jesse) Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Alone for once (Jesse)

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Alone for once (Jesse) Empty Alone for once (Jesse)

Post by Guest Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:35 pm

Chase curled up under a tree. Her knees tucked to her chest, her chin resting on them. The sky was cloudy today, a wind blowing on her hair as it flew all around her wildly. Chase sighed softly. News had spread like wildfire on the attack done to her on the grounds. Because not long after that she had been taken to the Hospital Wing, where she had been given a heavy amount of Shock reducing potion. And then sent to St. Mungo's for more tests. Chase could still feel the pain in her bones that not even potions could fix. The memories were so vivid. So clear. She shook her head concentrating on something else.

The sun peeked out from behind a cloud and shone onto the lake. She smiled concentrating on that for a moment. The wind blew again and she shivered. Today she wore shorts and a tank top, but of course it was barely thick enough to keep her slender frame warm. She moved a strand of hair out of her face and kept her eyes on the sparkling water. Somewhere far off in the distance, thunder rolled. She glanced over the forest and smiled seeing the dark clouds rolling closer. Maybe she'd get soaked. That would sure keep her mind off of..things.

But for now Chase's mind was free to wander. First stopping on Thomas. The boy she had met over the summer, the boy who had been so nice to her, the boy who ended up torturing her on the lawns. Of course no one knew that. No one was brave enough to ask Chase who had tortured her. And even if they had, she would have said something like "I didn't see their faces." Or something lame like that. The moon had been shining brightly that night, she had seen everything clearly. She shook her head again. "Stop thinking about that Chase."She whispered to herself. Looking around she realized she was the only one on the grounds.

Not bothering to get up she buried her face in her legs. Once so happy and carefree, she was only happy if she was with other people. They got her mind off stuff, but free to think..she was dangerous. Thinking of things her mind should have been far from. Like the look of pain she had glimpsed on Thomas' face before he tortured her. She shook her head again. She really needed a distraction.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Alone for once (Jesse) Empty Re: Alone for once (Jesse)

Post by Guest Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:44 pm

Ever since the attack on the grounds a few days back, things had been a little weird around Hogwarts. Everyone was stressed out and ready to go back home, Jesse on the other hand was finished with all of his exams and he was in a happy mood. He was one of the few people who still even went outside, everyone was afraid they were going to be next in the attack. Jesse knew they were not stupid enough to attack again, and part of him even hoped they would attack again, and he would get revenge for that poor girl in his house that was attacked, and the young Ravenclaw.

The rumor was that two current students had pulled the attack off, but Jesse did not believe it. If they had, surely they would have been caught, especially from a blatant attack on the grounds like that, and unforgivables had been used. The word was that the injured Ravenclaw had tried to use the killing curse, he was going to be questioned heavily because of that, and he might even be expelled, but considering the circumstances Jesse was not sure.

It was not until he was about to reach the lake when he saw someone who looked to be in a state of sadness and confusion. Her head was buried in her legs and she looked to be in a really bad mood. Jesse, not wanting anyone to be alone on the grounds, made his way slowly over, approaching her carefully. Upon closer observation he realized who it was, it was the girl who was tortured.

Jesse stopped and was not sure if he should approach her or not, she probably had a lot on her mind and did not want to talk, but then again she also looked like she could use someone to talk to. Carefully he walked over and quietly sat down next to her, not saying anything for a few moments, just looking at the lake.

"You believe there is really a giant squid under there?"
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:49 pm

Chase didn't notice Jesse until he talked. She tore her head up and turned to stare at him. She felt a small smile appear on her face. "Yeah, did you know it stalks the grounds at night and anything moving gets taken to it's underground lair."She said an involuntary giggle leaving her throat. She looked a bit surprised and looked away quickly her cheeks pink. That had to be the first time she had actually giggled since the attack. Staring at the lake she smiled slightly. Thunder rolled in the distance. She smiled again unable to hold it back. "I love the rain."She said her voice distant and quiet. Once upon a time she had been a loud hyperactive girl. Who wore crazy skirts and spun in circles for the heck of it. Maybe one day she'd be like that again, but not for a while.

She glanced at him and then away quickly. "What are you doing out here? It's going to rain."She said softly her mind elsewhere. Her eyes, once curious and so full of innocence now looked clouded, distant and tired. "I've seen you around."She said suddenly. "You're in my house aren't you?" She asked looking at him her chocolate brown eyes wide.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:58 pm

Jesse laughed at her comment about the squid, and he let her alone to think until she spoke again. Even though she had been through so much, she seemed to be alright. Still, Jesse knew that most of the time when something so shocking like that happens, some people try and play it off like nothing ever happened. They will hide their fear behind a mask of fake happiness and humor, but Jesse would not press the subject. If it made her feel better, that was all that mattered.

Jesse smiled when she said she loved the rain and he looked at her with a playful look of shock in his eyes, pretending he was surprised and speaking in a high voice "How weird! I love the rain also!" In fact, he had mixed feelings for the rain. Some days he liked it, and some days he hated it. He preferred sunshine, but if rain made her feel better, then it would make him feel better. When she asked her next question he shook his head "Yep, I am in Gryffindor alright. Best house... ever!" He laughed again.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:03 pm

Chase laughed softly. "I used to dance in it."She said wistfully. She smiled again and turned to look at him. "Yeah, it is."She said laughing softly. Though her house had been the main reason she had been attacked. She shrugged her shoulders. More to herself then to him but she grinned at him. "I don't think I've seen you around much."She said tilting her head to the side looking at him her eyes sparkling with amusement. "Do you hang out in the common room a lot?"She asked carefully. "I don't spend much time up there, that could also be why I don't see you around."She said smiling at him, one arm still wrapped around her legs as she held up a peace sign using her fingers. She giggled and rested her head on her knees, her head turned to look at him. "Oh, I'm Chase Moor by the way!"She said lifting her head up. "Gryffindor 6th year."She said holding out hand for him to shake.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:09 pm

Jesse listened when she said she used to dance in it, and immediately a smile crossed his face and he looked up into the sky to see how far away the rain was. The thunder was starting to happen more often, the low rumble almost soothing to Jesse. Then he turned his attention back to Chase and smiled "Nice to meet you Chase Moor! I am Jesse Daniels." He smiled and he tilted his head and gave her the peace sign back with a grin. "No, actually I spend most of my time in the library. I am a bit of a nerd and love to read, so whenever I get free time I usually go up there." He made a mental note not to mention the attack on her. After she mentioned her name he knew it was for certain, she was the one who had been attacked.

"What about you, how come I never see you. You aren't one of those nature freaks are you?"
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:13 pm

Chase laughed. "I'm never in the library unless I have to be!"She said laughing. "No, I'm usually hanging out with my friends in a corridor somewhere."She said laughing, her head thrown back, her mouth wide open like it was the funniest thing in the world. Her normal laugh. She giggled and looked at him her eyes sparkling for the first time in days. "I don't think I've ever even BEEN in the library...if I need a book someone else usually goes and gets it for me."She said thoughtfully a small crease appearing between her eyes as she frowned.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:17 pm

"Really?" He looked at her like he was offended, and then he crossed his arms and pretended to be angry "Well I just cannot believe that. The library is full of mystic and wonder!" He looked at her with a serious face before he broke into laughter, then, a crack of thunder and rain slowly began to come down on them. It was light rain, but it was slowly beginning to pick up. He smiled and he stood up and he offered his hand out to her with a smirk across his face. She said she used to dance, he was going to try and make her happy again.

"No more of that used to talk." He grinned, giving her a warming smile "Lets see what you've got."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:21 pm

Chase looked startled when he held out his hand to her to dance. "I.."She stammered and slowly took hold of his hand. She blinked a few times looking up at the sky, the rain coming down harder and harder now. The beat of it filled her ears, giving her her own rhythm. Her own song. She held onto his hand for support for a second. A stab of pain had ran through her body and she almost doubled over, but just managed to escape it with a flash of pain crossing her face. She took a deep breath and then smiled at him. He seemed different. Everyone else she had met had looked at her and said. "That's the girl who got attacked" And they would walk away. It was especially odd when her parents came to the school and talked to the headmaster. Having been called out of class for it she felt very odd.

This boy however, he hadn't said one thing about the attack, though the look of recognition on his face when she had said his name showed her that he knew who she was. But he seemed determined to make her smile for some reason. She smiled at him and curtsied. Not as grand as she used to, but enough to pass it off as a real curtsy. "May I have this dance my dear gentleman?"She asked looking up at him, soaking wet and her eyes twinkling.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:26 pm

He saw the flash of pain cross her eyes, but she was determined not to show it. It pained Jesse to see things like this, but he did not want to mention it. He wanted her to feel as normal as possible, and pretend for a little bit like that day had never happened. He knew it would not be something that would make her completely forget about it, but at least for a few moments she would have a good time, something that meant a lot to Jesse and he was sure meant even more to her.

He bowed his head, his long hair dripping with water now, and when he lifted from his bow he shot up hard, sending his hair flying back behind his head. He smoothed it down with a smile and said "Why of course, I would be a fool to pass up a dance with you." He smiled and he grabbed her hand and put one hand above her shoulder and the other on her hip, he smiled trying to keep her from feeling uncomfortable about it, he was an outgoing guy and things like this did not bother him.

"If it bothers you, me being this close, just picture some famous wizard in my place." HE grinned broadly and began to sway back and forth, keeping a firm grip on her and giving her a stable body for her to dance with.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top