Dancing flames lure me to sleep
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Dancing flames lure me to sleep Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Dancing flames lure me to sleep

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dancing flames lure me to sleep Empty Dancing flames lure me to sleep

Post by Preston Underwood Tue May 30, 2023 4:42 pm

Sleep was usually something easy to Preston but tonight wasn't the case, his mind was constantly thinking about today now that it was midnight or maybe a bit after that honestly he lost track of time. Laying on the couch watching the fire dance off the walls, teying to see if it can lure him into a lullaby of sleepiness he desperately needed for upcoming day of classes. Maybe because he knew what today was he couldn't sleep, Merlin how he missed his mother so much it was a constant heartache whenever this day came, he wished Patch was a Hufflepuff but Penny always made him feel better and he loved his twin to pieces. A soft sigh knowing he kept looking at the fire tears in his eyes as a soft whimper came out of him, a cry for his mother who was looking down on him. He knew it was bad to say, but he wished his father took her place instead of her he absolutely hated his father.

Trying to be quiet so his cries don't wake anyone but it was hard seeing how he missed his mother so much, weird how a sickness can take everything away from you. Although magic was supposed to do the fixer of almost everything, it wasn't for her it was too late. Wrapping his arms around himself, he rocked himself back and forth trying to shut his mind down from everything but knew it was impossible. He needed comfort but didn't want to wake Penny up when she was sleeping peacefully, Patch said he could call or text him anytime but he didn't want to intrude on his sleeping and he was probably with Hayden sleeping peacefully in his arms.
Preston Underwood
Preston Underwood
Fourth Year Hufflepuff
Fourth Year Hufflepuff

Number of posts : 394

Back to top Go down

Dancing flames lure me to sleep Empty Re: Dancing flames lure me to sleep

Post by Hayden L. Fawkes Jr. Tue May 30, 2023 5:24 pm

Hayden found himself losing track of time while bidding Patch goodnight. He had spent an extended period of time cautiously navigating the castle, evading the watchful eyes of professors and prefects. As he finally returned to the dormitory, he noticed that the room was nearly empty, save for Preston Underwood, the younger brother of his boyfriend. Softly approaching him, Hayden's eyes brimmed with concern. "Hey Prest," he whispered, his voice laced with worry. "What's happening?"
Hayden L. Fawkes Jr.
Hayden L. Fawkes Jr.
Ilvermorny Student
Ilvermorny Student

Number of posts : 241

Back to top Go down

Post by Preston Underwood Fri Jun 02, 2023 7:53 pm

Lifting his head he looked up seeing Hayden and smiled weakly, he was really nice and now realized why Patch loved him so much. Sitting up he wiped his tears on his shirt and ran his hands through his hair tugging it trying to keep tears from escaping his eyes once again. Why couldn't he be strong like Patch? He was so strong and put together. "I..It's just been three years since my mother died, and I still miss her." He missed her sweet voice and hugs as well as her stories and her book of poetry that she read them that now belongs to Patch.
Preston Underwood
Preston Underwood
Fourth Year Hufflepuff
Fourth Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayden L. Fawkes Jr. Fri Jun 02, 2023 11:04 pm

Hayden let out a compassionate sigh, taking a seat beside the younger boy. With empathy resonating in his voice, he offered words of reassurance, "I understand, my friend. I, too, would miss my loved ones in such circumstances." Grief, a weighty emotion, held no mercy, especially for someone as tender and young. Seeking to ease the boy's burden, Hayden inquired gently, "Tell me, what comforting measures does Patch typically employ to alleviate your sense of solitude?"
Hayden L. Fawkes Jr.
Hayden L. Fawkes Jr.
Ilvermorny Student
Ilvermorny Student

Back to top Go down

Post by Preston Underwood Sat Jun 03, 2023 1:41 am

Looking at the fire with a look of dejection in his eyes and face, it was clear his soul was aching longing for his mother who was in the star and sky above. Looking at Hayden with a look of sorrowful heartache that he can't get over no matter how hard he tried. "He would always read a happy poem out of mama's book and he would tell me stories about her that made me smile, we would also roast s'mores until we crashed." Patch was the best big brother ever, it was clear how much he loved and cared for him and Penny. "Y..You don't have to do that, but if you do I'll be forever grateful."
Preston Underwood
Preston Underwood
Fourth Year Hufflepuff
Fourth Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayden L. Fawkes Jr. Sat Jun 03, 2023 1:52 am

Hayden smiled at Preston, “I don’t have any stories about your mother that would make you smile, but I might know a pome or two thanks to Pat.” he settled into the sofa next to his boyfriends little brother. “The day I fully fell for Patch he read some to me. My favorite that day was you are my happiness.” the thoughts of that day brought Hayden many happy thoughts as he began to recite the pome. “You are my happiness, you are my sun and my warmth. You are my glow all over filling me with hope.

In the darkest of nights you are the moon and stars, you got through black lightning in the sky to get me through the path.

You are my happiness, you are my pride and joy, you don't make me sad it's being apart from you. You are the one I love and adore, you are ny happiness and I could never ask for more.”
write it better
Hayden L. Fawkes Jr.
Hayden L. Fawkes Jr.
Ilvermorny Student
Ilvermorny Student

Back to top Go down

Post by Preston Underwood Mon Jun 12, 2023 4:51 am

Preston nodded, he knew he didn't know any stories of their mother but he could tell him several that he remembers. Smiling a teary smile, he nodded. "Patch knew almost all of mama's poems in that book, he had them almost memorized he's a lot like mama." Hearing Hayden talking about Parch, he seen how his eyes sparkled with love and happiness. "You really love him huh? Patch loves you so much, and I'm happy he found his happiness he deserves it." He meant every bit of it, he was happy his brother found happiness after so long.

Listening to the poem he smiled softly. "Wow.. you memorized it as well, it's beautiful and you said it very well."
Preston Underwood
Preston Underwood
Fourth Year Hufflepuff
Fourth Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayden L. Fawkes Jr. Mon Jun 12, 2023 12:52 pm

Hayden's gentle chuckle filled the air, accompanied by a tender gaze as he endeavored to console his boyfriend's younger brother. "Indeed, I wholeheartedly share your sentiment. Patch, just like all of you, deserves nothing but genuine happiness," he murmured, his voice infused with warmth and sincerity. That particular day, etched deeply within his memory, played on an endless loop in his mind, each detail meticulously preserved. "When Patrick confided in me, it meant the world to me. I cherished it, committed every word to heart, knowing it was a precious gift from him."
Hayden L. Fawkes Jr.
Hayden L. Fawkes Jr.
Ilvermorny Student
Ilvermorny Student

Back to top Go down

Post by Preston Underwood Sun Jun 18, 2023 5:18 am

Looking at the flames he looked back at Hayden and smiled weakly before shaking his head. "Patch deserves it more then me and Penny, the things he went through with that boy and dad..." Swallowing hard keeping down the bad memories he replied; "Patch deserves a world of happiness, and I'm glad he's getting it." Preston knew how Patch wa, he was quiet and reserved , scared to open up to anyone but him and Penny. "To have Patch do that takes a lot, he never opened up to anyone after mum got sick and died." Holding back tears he looked at Hayden. "It's hard to look at Patch cause I see so much of mama in him, thr way he so compassionate about poetry and how he sees the bright side of things." He truly admired his older brother and his bravery, no wonder he was a Gryffindor he truly was one.
Preston Underwood
Preston Underwood
Fourth Year Hufflepuff
Fourth Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayden L. Fawkes Jr. Sun Jun 18, 2023 2:39 pm

Grief, an unwelcome visitor, had touched Hayden's life before, but its weight and depth paled in comparison to the burden carried by the Underwood siblings. Yet, despite the vast chasm of their experiences, Hayden's heart swelled with empathy, driving him to bridge the divide and offer solace in their darkest hour. He recognized the gravity of their loss and resolved to be a pillar of support, a compassionate listener, and a beacon of comfort.

As the tears welled up once more in the young boy's eyes, Hayden's voice, gentle and tender, wafted through the air like a soothing balm. His words, a poignant melody, expressed his unwavering dedication. "I would move mountains, traverse unfathomable depths, and bend the fabric of reality itself if it meant granting your brother solace," he murmured, every syllable infused with heartfelt sincerity.

A knowing smile graced Hayden's lips as he spoke of the absent figure, the beloved big brother. To him, the departed soul was more than a mere sibling; he was a guardian, a protector, and an embodiment of courage. "He possesses the spirit of a valiant lion, an unwavering force that I hold dear," Hayden softly shared, his voice carrying the weight of profound admiration.

In this tender exchange, Hayden acknowledged the depth of their pain, offering his unwavering support in the face of their loss. Through his words, he sought to honor their departed mother, nurturing the flame of her memory with love and reverence.
Hayden L. Fawkes Jr.
Hayden L. Fawkes Jr.
Ilvermorny Student
Ilvermorny Student

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top