Butterbeer Detectives.
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Butterbeer Detectives.  Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Butterbeer Detectives.

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Butterbeer Detectives.  Empty Butterbeer Detectives.

Post by Maddie Kane Fri Mar 31, 2023 11:57 pm

As Maddie made her way towards Hogsmeade, she couldn't help but feel excited for the change of scenery. Being cooped up in the castle for weeks on end had become mundane, so the prospect of exploring the nearby village was a welcome break. She had chosen to dress comfortably in her favorite pair of jeans and a long-sleeved t-shirt for the occasion.

A few weeks prior, she had made plans with Vee and Mason to meet up at the Three Broomsticks for a butterbeer, and now she was on her way there. As she walked, she checked her WizGiz to see if there were any updates from her friends. There were no messages from Mason, but the fact that Vee hadn't backed out was reassuring. She put the device back in her pocket and pulled her sleeves down over her hands to stave off the chilly air.

Mason's sister, Michelle, had suggested that Mason might have feelings for Maddie, and Vee seemed to agree. Maddie wasn't so sure, though. Mason was like a brother to her, and they had their fair share of arguments. They got along well enough, but she couldn't imagine anything more than friendship between them. She shook her head to clear the nervous thoughts from her mind.

When she arrived at the Three Broomsticks, she waited outside for her friends, shifting back and forth on her feet and fidgeting with her nails. It was just butterbeer, she reminded herself. She took a deep breath and tried to calm her nerves. She was looking forward to spending time with her friends.
Maddie Kane
Maddie Kane
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Number of posts : 3155

Back to top Go down

Butterbeer Detectives.  Empty Re: Butterbeer Detectives.

Post by Mason Cuffe Sat Apr 01, 2023 6:34 am

Mason wasn't sure if it had been right decision to go with Vee and Maddie to the Three Broomstick to have butterbeer with them. He had been trying to figure things out for awhile. He was acting so weird around Maddie. They did get along more than they should lately. He took a deep breath and walked towards the Three Broomstick.

he soon saw Maddie standing there. He stopped on his tracks and wasn't sure if he should go forward or just skip it. There was these weird feelings again. He took a deep breath. He soon walked over to Maddie. "Hey, Kane," he said and wondred if he should say something to her more.

---------

Michelle kind of had agreed to meet up Vee and Maddie here too. Mostly to see what her brother was up to. She had this odd feeling that Mason liked Maddie. She was trying to figure out if this was true.

She soon made it to the near Broomstick and she saw there Mason and Maddie standing. She looked at them. "Oh, hey you two," she said happily to them. She hugged them both now. The girl at times did it to annoy them.

"So what is going on here?" Acting like she had no idea that Mason, Vee and Maddie supposed to meet here. She did wink at Maddie. To make this plan of theirs. So Mason won't suspected that she was here on purpose. "Can I join you guys?" She asked
Mason Cuffe
Mason Cuffe
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 398

Back to top Go down

Post by Véronique Dupont Sat Apr 01, 2023 3:02 pm

Vee walked up towards The Three Broomsticks, hoping she'd be able to find the others easily. It often got really busy, as basically all of Hogwarts was in Hogsmeade right now. She had gotten a little distracted along the way, as she always did - her desire to know absolutely everything often caused her to follow a cat down a street, or in this case to try to figure out where a postal owl was heading. Luckily it didn't take her too long to decipher the owl was heading towards London on an uninteresting shopping order, so she continued on her route.

When she arrived, she was grateful to see the others waiting outside, though hoped they hadn't been waiting too long. They'd agreed to meet to get the details on why Mason was behaving so oddly. This was Vee's thing, finding out far too much information on what everyone was doing all the time. She was overly excited for this, though was trying not to show it too much.

"Hi everyone! Sorry I'm a minute late, got a little distracted. Shall we head inside and find a table? It will probably get busy soon I bet now we're all here." she suggested. She was really curious as to what they outcome would be, and wanted to especially keep an eye on Mason for any clues that dropped.
Véronique Dupont
Véronique Dupont
Fifth Year Ravenclaw
Fifth Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 31

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddie Kane Sat Apr 01, 2023 3:16 pm

As Maddison waited for Vee to arrive, Mason approached her with a greeting. She responded with an awkward half-smile and wave, unsure of what to do next. "Should we wait out here or find a table inside?" she asked him, fidgeting with her hands. Before Mason could answer, Michelle's voice interrupted their conversation, bringing Maddison a sense of relief. "Hey, Elle," she said with a smile as she embraced her friend's hug. Maddison wanted Michelle to join them, but she left it up to Mason to decide if it was okay. "Of course, I don't mind," Maddison said, glancing at Mason and tilting her head to the side. Finally, Vee arrived and Maddison breathed a sigh of relief. "You're not late," she said with a smile, waving at the Ravenclaw. "Yeah, let's head inside," she gestured, raising her arm to allow one of them to lead the way.
Maddie Kane
Maddie Kane
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Mason Cuffe Sat Apr 01, 2023 4:47 pm

Mason looked at Maddie and his thoughts were interrupted by her sisters voice. He looked at her. He wondered why she was here now. This looked weird but didn't say anything about it. "Sure, you can join, sis," he ended up saying to her. Soon vee came here. "Oh hey, Dupont," he said with a small smile. Mason ended up opening the door for to all the girls to get in now. He could be nice.

-----

Michelle just smiled at her brother and soon Vee when the girl reach here smield again. "Hey, Vee. I hope it's okay I come along too," she said with a wink to the girl. She tried to act like she wasn't supposed to come here. She hopes Vee catches on. When her brother opned the door for them Michelle had to raise her eyebrows. She just stood there looking at him stunned. Okay this was new.
Mason Cuffe
Mason Cuffe
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 398

Back to top Go down

Post by Véronique Dupont Sat Apr 01, 2023 8:32 pm

Vee smiled at the girls and Mason, glad she was having butterbeer with them. Hopefully she would learn something useful too!

"You can call me Vee, it's cool, I know having a French name is a bit annoying for everyone." she told Mason, as he called her surname, the way all English people said it. There was a reason everyone called her Vee these days, her name whilst considered fairly standard in France, it was way too long and French for most people here. She liked being Vee now anyway, it suited her - plus she was feeling less and less French these days, so had embraced the English nickname she'd been given by her friends here.

"Of course you can join us!" Vee beamed at Michelle, keeping up the pretence that they totally hadn't planned for her to meet them here. She followed the others into the pub and glanced around, looking for a free table.

"I think there's a free spot in the corner", she pointed and began to make her way across the room to it. They could get drinks later, they needed to grab a table before it got to crowded in here first.
Véronique Dupont
Véronique Dupont
Fifth Year Ravenclaw
Fifth Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddie Kane Sat Apr 01, 2023 8:45 pm

"Um Thank you," Maddie whispered nervously as she walked past Mason into the pub. Vee pointed to a table over in the corner that was empty. "Yeah, that looks like a good spot." walking over to the table she picked the seat next to Vee leaving the siblings to sit next to each other. the atmosphere around them was joyful as other students gathered around them.

"Hello," a friendly waitress came over greeting the group. "Is there anything I can get you today?"

"I'll have a butterbeer." Mads answered, it was why they had come here in the first place. It all started with a cloud shaped like a glass of butterbeer. Now everything Maddie thought she had known about her friend and her brother seemed to be changing. "You all too? I'll pay." she offered.
Maddie Kane
Maddie Kane
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle Cuffe Sat Apr 01, 2023 8:50 pm

Michelle just sighed and eyed her brothere now. She raised eyebrows when she walked past him. He was acting more weird. She just walked past her brother to the table where Vee had pointed. She sat down and did let Mason sit next to her. "One butter for me too, Please" Elle said.

----

"Sure, I will keep in mind to Call you, Vee," he ended up saying to Vee. "Same for me," he said to the waitress and smiled at her a bit, even if it was no genuine one. For once he wasn't in the mood to flirt with these waitresses here. He didn't care about them. Only girl who he was interested these days was Maddie. His eyes soon drifted at Maddie. But soon enough he ended up looking at the table. He felt suddenly quite nervous about all of this.
Michelle Cuffe
Michelle Cuffe
Fourth Year Slytherin
Fourth Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 392

Back to top Go down

Post by Véronique Dupont Sat Apr 01, 2023 10:10 pm

"Butterbeer for me too please." Vee added to the order, hoping they wouldn't take too long with the number of students that were here right now.

She was glad to be here with the others, it was great to get a chance to get out of the castle. All the classwork had been so stressful so it was a well-needed relaxing weekend for all of them. None of them were big on studying really.

"So, how have you all been recently? Up to anything exciting?" Vee asked, trying to keep the conversation open, whilst glancing across the others. She'd gone into the zone where she was paying close attention to everyone in case some subtle cue came up.
Véronique Dupont
Véronique Dupont
Fifth Year Ravenclaw
Fifth Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddie Kane Sat Apr 01, 2023 10:31 pm

As the four friends sat at the table, they placed their orders with the waitress and were left to wait for their drinks. Maddie was the first to break the silence, eager to fill the awkward void. "I've been doing pretty well, besides running into Alex," she said, recounting a recent encounter with Alex, who had been acting creepy as usual. "I managed to get some class work done and also had some practice before the big game coming up. How about you guys?"

Mason's piercing gaze caused Maddie to fidget, her discomfort palpable. Trying to keep her nerves at bay, she crossed her legs at the ankle and began swinging her feet back and forth, hoping the movement would distract her. However, her careless movement resulted in her accidentally kicking Mason's knee. "Oh, I'm so sorry," she stammered, her face flushing with embarrassment. Quickly tucking her feet under the chair, she hoped to avoid any further mishaps.
Maddie Kane
Maddie Kane
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top