I come home in the morning light - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

I come home in the morning light - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

I come home in the morning light

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I come home in the morning light - Page 2 Empty Re: I come home in the morning light

Post by Véronique Dupont Wed Mar 29, 2023 4:48 pm

"You always start out with the best intentions, of course!" Vee joked in response. Those two often seemed to find ways to get into trouble and such - their intentions to behave never seemed to last very long as far as she could tell. She wondered when their next trip out would be, it must be soon, they wouldn't want to wait long, especially given how keen they seemed on these guys.

"Nothing super juicy - well, I don't know really. I keep seeing a stranger which is weird, I don't usually see stuff about people I can't recognise. I'm still trying to figure it out, walking around the castle usually helps clear it up but it didn't help today. It's really annoying. I might go ask Prof Tiquelle about it if I can't." she was pretty open about it, more so than normal - though to be fair, a random vision about a stranger wasn't giving much away. She hated not knowing what she was seeing. Usually she was fine these days, but these occurrences still came up on occasion and frustrated here to no end. She'd rather not have to ask her grandmother if she could avoid it, but sometimes needs must.
Véronique Dupont
Véronique Dupont
Fifth Year Ravenclaw
Fifth Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 31

Back to top Go down

I come home in the morning light - Page 2 Empty Re: I come home in the morning light

Post by Cecilia Attwood Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:17 pm

“Chase asked me for help on Charms the other day,” Cecilia answered quietly, “Something about extra assignments.” She flipped another page in the book in front of her, “This one is a muggle book about elves.” Cec added and moved to lay down on the bed, her feet in the air and her chin in her hand before going Silent again as Vee told them about her vision. This was always something that intrigued the girl. She wondered what they could be showing Vee. “What does he look like?” She asked, speaking a little louder than before. A strange man. She began wondering who this man could be, and why Vee was seeing him. “Do you see where he is?”
Cecilia Attwood
Cecilia Attwood
Fifth Year Ravenclaw
Fifth Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 662

Back to top Go down

Post by Margo P. Richards Fri Mar 31, 2023 8:28 pm

note: slight godmode, hope that's fine!

Molly quietly reached out to take Cecilia's book to read the back cover while Molly tittered about the Chase tea. "Extra assignments? She's not failing is she?"

Margo was enthralled by Vee's visions. She'd kept on with Divination because she always seemed to luck into a vision. Sometimes she'd just repeat gossip without names and in a future tense while looking at her teacup and she'd pass.

"Yeah, what's the stranger doing?" Margo added, curious. "Why would you be seeing someone you don't know? How do you know it's not just a regular dream?"

Margo P. Richards
Margo P. Richards
Fifth Year Ravenclaw
Fifth Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 156

Back to top Go down

Post by Véronique Dupont Fri Mar 31, 2023 8:56 pm

"Apparently lots of teachers do extra stuff when exams are near. Maybe they start early for seventh years? It sounds horrible." she hoped she didn't get extra assignments, though she probably could use them in some subjects.

"Yeah I don't know it's weird. I only like saw him a little bit, I've seen him a couple of times. Sometimes I need to see something multiple times though before it gets fully clear. He just looks like a normal like old man. Well not like old old but a bit old. Like I can't see him very clearly yet. I think he was in Diagon Alley this time, but like everyone goes there sometimes so that's not really helpful. It will probably be clearer later."

Vee told them what she knew, though it wasn't really much at this point. She really wanted to know who it was, but she had no idea. It was strange though, but it seemed important - she rarely saw strangers, so she figured it must be important.

"It's definitely a vision. I used to not be able to tell them apart so well but I can now. They just feel different. And make me wake up in the middle of the night a lot with them too and have to walk around for a bit afterwards."
Véronique Dupont
Véronique Dupont
Fifth Year Ravenclaw
Fifth Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Cecilia Attwood Fri Mar 31, 2023 9:33 pm

Cecilia didn’t complain when Molly took her book. There was one time before she knew she had magic that she had caused a huge mess of a library when her book was taken away. Molly didn’t cause the same reaction in the girl, though it did help that she kind of liked her. Cecilia pulled her knees up to her chest and listened to Margo and Vee talk about the man Vee had been seeing in her visions. It was intriguing “It does tell us he’s magical…” she added to the conversation, “Muggles don’t go to Diagon Alley.” She had grown up in the muggle world not knowing magic existed outside of the weird things that happened when she had a heightened emotional response.

Cecilia Attwood
Cecilia Attwood
Fifth Year Ravenclaw
Fifth Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Margo P. Richards Thu Apr 06, 2023 12:18 am

Molly silently handed the book back with a quick nod to Cec as she did. Margo had rolled so she was lying on her stomach, chin in her hands and feet kicking in the air.

"Good point!" she echoed as Cec pointed out the stranger must be magical. "It's wild that your brain just... tells you stuff," she said, shaking her head. "You promise to always tell me if you get visions of me, right? Even if you're not sure what they are?"

Molly had slipped out of bed and was lazily rifling through her wardrobe, looking for an outfit for the day. Without looking at them, she called, "You should try shrooms, Vee. I bet your visions would come in crystal clear."
Margo P. Richards
Margo P. Richards
Fifth Year Ravenclaw
Fifth Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Véronique Dupont Thu Apr 06, 2023 8:26 pm

Vea laughed and nodded at Molly's comment about telling her any visions. Her dorm mates had always been interested in visions and as Vee saw more clearly these days she was happy to share. She'd remembered in her first year how she'd been really nervous to tell them she was a Seer. She was so glad to have them now as friends who she was happy to spill all the details too.

"Yeah that's true Cec. Though I've only ever seen magical people really, I don't really know any muggles so I guess I haven't seen them. Though I've not seen strangers before really either." she thought aloud, "Wait there are some muggles possibly in Diagon Alley though, the muggleborn students brought their parents I remember. Though it's unlikely I guess. Plus he was alone so must be a wizard." Vee finished her rambling train of thoughts. She often talked too much when it came to what she saw.

"Not sure on the shrooms though. Maybe. But even like just coffee or regular alcohol is weird, like it makes me see things that I think are proper visions but it makes them weird. It's cool in a weird way but I can't be sure of any of it so it's super unreliable." Vee had tried coffee when she was younger, plus a bit of alcohol that her friends had smuggled in before. She liked the effect in a sense, but it definitely messed her up a bit differently to everyone else.

"You planning something then? Something fun?" she asked, wondering if Molly was planning something.
Véronique Dupont
Véronique Dupont
Fifth Year Ravenclaw
Fifth Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Cecilia Attwood Thu Apr 06, 2023 9:00 pm

cecilia nodded gently, taking the book back from Molly and placing it on the bed next to her. The thought of a stranger, a man, made her wonder if he could somehow see her father. It surprised her that she had vocalized this thought, as she usually didn't talk much about her parents while at school. She didn't have much to tell about them in the first place. "I didn't mean to say that out loud," she quickly muttered, her hand flying up to her mouth in embarrassment.
Cecilia Attwood
Cecilia Attwood
Fifth Year Ravenclaw
Fifth Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Margo P. Richards Tue Apr 18, 2023 11:06 pm

Molly held up a Smiths t-shirt and a pair of ripped jeans, regarding it as she tried to make up a plan for the day. At Vee's question she shrugged, stifling a yawn as she said, "Going to need to eat eventually. Need to return a book too." She turned and offered Vee the tiniest hint of a smirk. "Probably should wear clothes to do so."

That was when Cecilia suddenly blurted her thought. The girls' heads all turned to fix their eyes on the quiet girl, waiting for more.

Molly, so often silent, was somehow stunned into speaking. "That's a leap, isn't it?"

Margo let out a gasp and threw a pillow at Molly, who grabbed it and sat on the bed, attentive. Margo turned back to Cec, understanding that this was a rare opportunity to hear more from the girl who was so secretive.

"Why do you think it's your father?" Margo asked, more gently, more encouraging. "I don't think you've mentioned him to us before."
Margo P. Richards
Margo P. Richards
Fifth Year Ravenclaw
Fifth Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Véronique Dupont Thu Apr 20, 2023 8:11 pm

Vee turned to look at Cec along with the others, curious about her father. The girl never ever talked about her family. Despite having spent almost five years together in the dorm, she barely knew anything about Cec's family.

"It's OK." Vee started, worried Cec seemed uncomfortable about this topic, "Did you want to see your father?" she asked, trying not to be too pushy.
Véronique Dupont
Véronique Dupont
Fifth Year Ravenclaw
Fifth Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top