I come home in the morning light
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

I come home in the morning light Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

I come home in the morning light

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I come home in the morning light Empty I come home in the morning light

Post by Molly Minerva Weasley Mon Mar 27, 2023 10:45 pm

“Margo.”

“Mmm.”

“Margo.”

“Mmm!”

It was a shove that finally rolled Margo over, and she picked herself up from the tangle of dirty boy laundry on the ground she and Molly had made their bed. The Hogsmeade trip the night before might have ended with the two of them running into recent grads who had made the village their home. A particularly handsome Squib there age had been the particular temptation to party, and before long it’d been too late to sneak back to the castle.

But dawn was rising, and so must they.

Margo blearily blinked up at her best friend, who had that particularly disheveled look that only Molly Weasley seemed to pull off. She was lighting a cigarette. “Come on, let’s go home.”

Being in the Weasley family afforded Molly certain perks that Margo then inherited, chief among them was the secret entrances and exits her Uncle George had been quick to share with his nieces and nephews. Still, it was early, so the sneaking in had to be careful.

By the time they got back to their dorm that early Sunday morning, Molly was the only one that had the wherewithal to change into a nightshirt. Margo collapsed in her clothes.

But to be fifteen was to be invincible, long night or no.

Margo was softly snoring when Molly slipped out of bed and stretched, stifling a yawn. Her makeup was smudged across her eyes,her face heavy with the exploits of the night before.

“No, no, I said the priest, not the cowboy,” Margo murmured in her sleep. Stunning.

Molly realized a few of her other dormmates were already up and at ‘em. She rubbed her eyes and yawned out, “Any chance someone brought up coffee? I’d trade my soul for some.”
Molly Minerva Weasley
Molly Minerva Weasley
Fifth Year Ravenclaw
Fifth Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 169

Back to top Go down

I come home in the morning light Empty Re: I come home in the morning light

Post by Véronique Dupont Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:28 pm

[[OOC: I'm rusty, so apologies in advance! Also let me know any backstory/dynamics/etc. I should know about any of the other characters. Vee just wants to be friends with everyone and is probably slightly jealous of others that are closer to each other.]]

Véronique had been up early this morning. She often woke up annoyingly early as she frequently had weird dreams. Some Seer related, some just normal nonsense - she would have to record everything if she wanted to figure it out later on. It usually meant she couldn't get back to sleep though, so would often randomly wander around the castle, exploring and finding out new things. One day she wanted to find something Molly didn't already know, that girl seemed to have all the castle secrets in her head, but Vee was convinced there could be something more.

As she came back to the dormitory, Margo still sound asleep, but Molly was up now.

"Morning. No coffee here, I've not been for breakfast yet. You want to head down now?" she responded to her as she re-entered the room. Despite being up early, she hadn't even considered it. She could never eat in the morning anyway, and never really had coffee anyway as it tended to mess up with her visions. 

"Margo not getting up yet?" she asked Molly, as she glanced over at the sleeping girl. She saw Margo clearly wasn't dressed for bed, with make-up still on and all. Of course Margo would be out doing something fun, Vee thought, slightly jealous of what those two were probably up to.
Véronique Dupont
Véronique Dupont
Fifth Year Ravenclaw
Fifth Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 31

Back to top Go down

Post by Cecilia Attwood Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:04 am

The one day that Cecilia didn’t wake up early there had to be noise, and a lot of it. Coffee, why were they talking about coffee? Couldn’t they talk about it in the common room instead? With a groan Cec sat up and reached over to the table between her bed and an empty bed for her wand, with it she conjured a drip coffee maker (the kind that didn’t need electricity) and four mugs. Might as well have one for herself, but first she had to complete her morning routine. “Here” she said, getting up she made her bed and sauntered out of the room.

In the restroom she washed her face, brushed her teeth, and scrubbed her hands clean, as she did every day. They never seemed clean enough the first time so she did it again before returning to the dorm room, and poured herself a cup of coffee. Sitting back on her made bed she sipped the coffee and grabbed the book she had been reading before bed.
Cecilia Attwood
Cecilia Attwood
Fifth Year Ravenclaw
Fifth Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 662

Back to top Go down

Post by Molly Minerva Weasley Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:45 am

Molly was sitting on the side of her bed, her spindly legs askew, arms dangling loosely, head tilted from the weight of the building hangover. At the suggestion of going down for breakfast, her eyelids fluttered slightly, and it was with an almost imperceptible rise of her eyebrows that she answered simply, “Nah. People.”

Not to mention the noise. And having to put on robes. Not worth it.

At the mention of Margo, Molly lifted a heavy arm and gestured towards Margo, who was spread eagle in her bright pink top and jeans. Margo let out another snore and rolled over, muttering something about Twinkies. That was explanation enough.

Cecilia stirred, looking grump, and Molly didn’t fault her. She usually spoke with a quiet, low voice but the pounding in her head and the slight bit of tinnitus might have made her louder than she realized. At the girls offer, Molly pressed her palms together in gratitude, briefly zoning out as she watched the coffee brew.

Twinkies. Right.

She slid out of bed and went over to Margo’s trunk. Instead of her books, the girl had tons of snacks sent from home. Molly rifled through, tossing a sealed water bottle onto her bed for herself, before lifting up packaged pastries. “Anyone?” She tossed them to the girls who asked, before tossing one Margo’s way. It hit her face and the girl slept on. Molly shook her head, “Mental.”

She returned to her bed, taking a big swig of water before opening her pastry. Usually Margo did the morning small talk, but she was still out. So Molly leveled her gaze on Vee and asked, “Sleep well?”
Molly Minerva Weasley
Molly Minerva Weasley
Fifth Year Ravenclaw
Fifth Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 169

Back to top Go down

Post by Véronique Dupont Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:03 pm

Vee went over to her bed as she watched the others slowly wake up. She sat cross legged on her bed, and poured herself a glass of water as the others got their coffee, and Cec left the room for a bit. She was feeling a bit awake now, despite technically having been awake for hours.

She shook her head as Molly offered her one of Margo's sweet snacks, still not feeling food yet.

"Not great. Well fine for a bit, but woke up early, vision stuff again. Been around school for a bit, to sort through it all."

Vee was a bit more open these days about her dreams and other Seer related things. When she first started at Hogwarts she'd been nervous to tell everyone she was a Seer. She'd hidden it at first, though she was so bad at lying and hiding things it didn't last long. Lucky the other girls were fine with it though, often wanting to know what she had seen and if she could predict stuff - kind of like how her sister used to be.

She also got pretty restless once she woke up. She didn't want to be annoying and wake everyone up pacing around the dormitory, so liked to wander around the school a bit. It was much easier now she was a Prefect though. She had spent a lot of time trying to avoid getting caught, and in a few detentions, from being out of her house at night in her younger years.

Vee glanced over to Cec as she came back, though she went straight back to her book. Vee figured she didn't want to be disturbed then, so turned her attention back to Molly. Margo was usually the one she chatted with more in the dorm, but Molly seemed to be making an effort this morning.

"What about you? Or were you up with Margo last night?" she asked, guessing the two were probably out together - they usually were, after all.
Véronique Dupont
Véronique Dupont
Fifth Year Ravenclaw
Fifth Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Cecilia Attwood Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:25 pm

Cecilia wasn’t sure how Margo could still be asleep, between the talking and the food being thrown at her face. She found it kind of annoying, though she was typically endeared by the other girls’ personality, this was not one of those times. She glanced at her wand that she had laid back down after summoning the coffee, then she glanced at the other two girls. Cec was forming a plan, and luckily for her she knew just how to get Margo to wake up. She placed her coffee on the table and picked her wand up again. Keeping her wand close to her body, she tried to be sneaky, she pointed the wand at Margo and whispered the incantation, “Rictusempra.” a mischievous smile on her face as she hid her wand away before Margo could realize what she was attempting to do.
Cecilia Attwood
Cecilia Attwood
Fifth Year Ravenclaw
Fifth Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Margo P. Richards Wed Mar 29, 2023 12:27 am

The coffee maker made that tell-tale sputtering noise and Molly slipped from her bed to fill up a mug, before resting on the edge of her bed again. She cupped the mug and drank, wincing in preparation for the heat, desperate for a relief from her pounding head and exhausted limbs.

At Vee’s question, Molly opened her lips but–

Her ever-so-pleasant dream about a particularly fit Hufflepuff and a mountain of sugar rapidly drained from her mind as the sensation of tickling caused her to jerk, then wiggle, and then begin to laugh. A peal of giggles left her lips as her eyes flew open and she grabbed her sides, calling out, “Knock it off!” Though her voice was full of mirth.

Margo Richards shoved herself up, expecting to see someone tickling her, before the scene came into view. No, her dormmates were not the type to wake you up by jumping on top of you and tickling you out of sleep. That was much more her speed.

Margo didn’t notice the lazy flick of Molly’s wand that stopped the spell, and giggles continued to burble out of her lips as she reached up to rub the sleep from her eyes. “Well good morning to you all too,” she said. “Ugh I don’t think I even got to fall asleep.”

Molly’s eyes slid over to the other two, giving them a knowing glance, but she busied herself with her coffee.

“Gods, last night was fun. Molly and I met these fellas, massive rides, one of them had this Squib cousin!” Margo gave them all a dramatic look, rolling her eyes at the mention of the particularly fine specimen of nonmagical man. “They were all so aloof, but Mols walks right up, right, and just holds out a ciggy. The one Squib says nothing just opens his mouth, she puts it between his lips–hot stuff, I’m telling you! And from there, the night was off.”

She heaved a sigh, before sniffing. “Is that coffee? Oh god, is that my pastry?” She grabbed the snack Molly had thrown at her and tore it open, finishing it off in no more than two bites, before grabbing her own coffee. She winced, asking, “Any sugar anyone? Cream? Pumpkin spice?”
Margo P. Richards
Margo P. Richards
Fifth Year Ravenclaw
Fifth Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 156

Back to top Go down

Post by Véronique Dupont Wed Mar 29, 2023 12:34 pm

Vee was looking at Molly, who seemed like she was just about to say something, when she heard a fit of laughter coming from Margo's direction. She looked over at her and Margo seemed surprisingly wide awake and didn't appear to be in control of her laughter. She couldn't help but let out a few giggles herself as she looked back at the other two in the dorm.

Margo didn't seem to care too much though, immediately going into the details of where they were last night. It sounded fun, though Vee had never been good with guys - everyone was fine being friends with her, but not really anything more.

"Were you out in Hogsmeade then? Sounds like you had fun there! You going to go out and see them again then?" she asked, then thinking that she wasn't really supposed to encourage this kind of behaviour. She'd never been the best at stopping it though. She wasn't sure if she made a very good Prefect, she'd been excited when she was chosen, but often wondered if someone else would have been better than her.
Véronique Dupont
Véronique Dupont
Fifth Year Ravenclaw
Fifth Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Cecilia Attwood Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:25 pm

Cecilia smiled, as Margo woke up giggling uncontrollably, she was pleased with herself as her charm had worked. She flipped the page on her book as Margo babbled about the previous night's festivities. From Vee’s words Cec deduced that she was intrigued as well by the conversation. “I didn’t conjure any,” she mumbled in response to Margos request for sugar and creamer; it hadn't crossed her mind at the time.

Cecilia didn’t add much to the conversation, but she had grown to enjoy being in the vicinity of the girls in the room. Margo radiated joyfulness through her attitude,Vee was a nice girl, and she liked Molly too. It was a nice change to enjoy being near another person. Different than the characters in her books.
Cecilia Attwood
Cecilia Attwood
Fifth Year Ravenclaw
Fifth Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Margo P. Richards Wed Mar 29, 2023 4:04 pm

“I’ll survive,” Margo said, heaving a sigh at Cec’s comment. She rolled off her bed and headed for her trunk again, fishing through for another pastry. She found one and threw herself back onto the bed, opening it as she answered Vee.

“Yep, started the Hogsmeade trip with all the best intentions to behave,” Margo said.

”You going to go out and see them again then?"

Margo grinned. “Maybe!”

Behind her Molly shook her head, licking the last bit of icing from her fingers.

“What about you too? Read anything good, Cec? Any juicy premonitions, Vee?”
Margo P. Richards
Margo P. Richards
Fifth Year Ravenclaw
Fifth Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 156

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top