A Birth day - Page 54
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 54 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 54 of 100 Previous  1 ... 28 ... 53, 54, 55 ... 77 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 54 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Mar 13, 2023 1:04 am

Jack nodded to Angus "that's good" he listened to Cutter and smirked " I can see that" he said looking from the boy to Cutter. He heard Angus and smiled " Hey Ruby is good at fighting and she stands her ground when counted, so I'd say she's as steady as you, well she's working on it for you," he said then looked at Cutter " shes his girl, she's a little flighty but shes become steady over the few months since she's had their daughter." he said and turned to look back out over the water.

"I think I see some blue sky, or maybe not," he said as a flash of lightling lit up the wheelhouse." is it me or is this torm getting worse by the minute?" he asked flicking a switch to turn on some wipers so they could see alittle better out the window. He glanced at the compass then rolled his eyes at the mistake as it just spun in its housing in front of him.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 4141

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Mar 13, 2023 1:19 am

"Stand down, Jack," Angus said gently. "You don't need to get so defensive. Nobody's attacking her or making fun of her. I'd defend her if they were. She's not perfect, nor do I expect her to be. None of us are perfect, and she'd be the first to agree with that. I just want her to be happy." He saw Jack looking at the compass. "A magnetic storm can toss a compass off," Angus told Jack. "I'm taking my bearings from the sky itself. What you're seeing is the storm moving around us. It's traveling around from the northwest to the southeast because the high winds are moving the clouds really quickly. I don't think we're much better, but we really aren't much worse either. If I keep pushing it, we may outrun it by a few minutes, just enough that we're not hammered when we disembark."

"Now, don't get cocky, Son," Cutter said. "You can only muck with Poseidon so much." Angus laughed, knowing that Cutter didn't know his skills enough to know that he wasn't being cocky. He just had a pretty good idea what he was capable of.

"If you want the wheel back, just say so," Angus said. Cutter shook his head, laughing. Meanwhile, in the salon, Robert was outlining the ideas he had for Fenrir's pack to Fenrir, who was just listening.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22611
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Mar 13, 2023 1:25 am

Jack looked at Angus and nodded " sorry mate" he said "I was thrown off what with the sea sickness" he said then heard his explanation of why the compass was not working " oh okay, that's some skill knowing how to navagate by the stars, old school stuff im betting" he chuckled as he looked out the window " would be nice not to get blown away when we arrive" he added he looked back at Cutter and chuckled at his assumption that Angus was being cocky. Jack knew better.

Moving back down to the cabin he sat down listening to Robert talk to Fenrir and once more dozed a little, dreaming of the open field and Jess being beside him along with his children who were all in Hogwarts at the time.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Mar 13, 2023 1:35 am

"Sometimes old school is still the most reliable," Angus told him. "Edward taught me the stars when I was a boy so that if I ever got lost in the woods I could find my way back to camp, and they do still ask that stuff for a master's certification. So I was glad I knew it." Ruby knew well that Angus knew the skies and the stars because she was learning it from him.

It was a very rough trip home, but Angus got them safely through it to the docks. Cutter tied the ship while Angus finished pulling the ship to the dock. The storm was just a about two minutes off shore behind them. Angus could see it rolling up, and he saw the sheets of rain looking to overtake them again.

"Look sharp,' Angus called down to the salon. "We've got two or three minutes before the storm is on us again. If we don't want to get wetter, we will make tracks back to the portal to head home. If we make it to the portal in time, we should have about ten or fifteen minutes before the storm sets in at home."

"A portkey will work just fine from here," Robert told him. "You two want to go with Fenrir and me, or do you want to head home on your own? I'm going to take Fenrir home and then right to his pack. They'll want to see him straight off, I'm sure."

"I'll go home with you, if you think you can go up to the pack from there without me," Angus said.

"I think I remember the way," Robert said. "Jack? Going with us or separately?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Mar 13, 2023 1:41 am

Jack was glad when the finally made port and docked He stepped off and breathed a sigh of relife at being back on dry land again " oh I'll come with, need to make sure the pack understand we did this because hes innocent, not for any other reason" he said " but I'm sure they do understand" he said glancing at Fenrir as he spoke. "besides I'd like to check in on the little girl who helped us find her sister while Im there." he said smiling at her Robert say porting back home.

Back home Ruby had made a slow cooker chicken casserole for dinner with new potatoes and baby carrots for after she had made an apple cake with fresh homemade custard to go over the top if anyone wanted it as she had a feeling the men would be hungry after there sea trip. She'd managed to make it thanks to David's help with Caprice " your good with babys" she said moving to finally sit down with a pt of coffee " help your self if you want" she said seeing Caprice giggling in her bassenette.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Mar 13, 2023 2:15 am

"My pleasure," David said. "I have my own, you know. "It's been awhile since mine were this size, but I don't think its a skill you forget. Oh, look. They're back. And that must be Fenrir with them. I've heard of him, of course, but I've never actually met him."

Robert ported the four of them home together, and when they landed, Fenrir looked around at the massive log home and all the smaller log homes, the apartment building, the duplex, the barn, and all the rest of it.

"Where are we?" Fenrir asked.

"This is Khaat's home, hers and her husband's," Robert told him. "It is quite a large working farm with many acres of land. It is well protected. Your pack is here and is safe."

"You trusted us enough to bring your pack here?"

"You helped Angus's sons--Edward Donohue's grandsons. They are like grandsons to me too. As far as Angus and I were concerned, you helped our family, so we helped yours," Robert said.

"And you helped me when no one else would have even thought about it," Fenrir said. "My pack..."

"Your pack owes me nothing," Robert said.

"We are not accustomed to kindness," Fenrir said.

"And as I told you on the ship, I bring you a box of bottles of wolfsbane so that your pack has a supply. I apologize on behalf of St. Mungo's for whoever robbed your pack members of money for the medicines that should have been free to them."

"You have fed my pack for days, and you still provide around the clock medical care for Ginger. We will speak of the medicines no more," Fenrir said. "You said I can see her?"

"Certainly," Robert said. "Would you like to see her or your pack first?"

"The pack, please. I can see her after the incoming storm, if that suits."

"It does indeed," Robert said. Fenrir turned to look at Angus.

"Your grandfather should be proud of you. You did no less than what he would have done today. You help to prove that Donohues can be men of honor. Well done, Junior," Fenrir told him.

"Thank you. It was my pleasure to help you since you helped me save my sons," Angus said. "And I owe a girl in your pack, Anise. She was hugely helpful to me recently. That's a tale in itself, but I owe her my life."

"I look forward to hearing how a child helped a fighter like you," Fenrir seemed amused.

"If we have your permission, Edward and I will visit your pack in a day or two, and we'll share the story," Angus said. Fenrir nodded.

"Your pack is this way," Robert said, motioning Fenrir to follow him towards the northwestern sector. Angus watched them walk away, and he headed for home. Angus walked inside just as it started to sprinkle outside.

"You might want to close the windows in a moment or two. We're about to get a strong storm. It followed us home from the north," Angus sighed, glad he was home finally. "I don't know what I'm smelling but it smells incredible." He never liked the trip to Azkaban, but he was glad this one was over and that he was home again. he went over and poured himself some coffee, wanting to simply have a part of a cup of coffee before he tucked into food.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:38 pm

Ruby smiled at David when he said it was a skill you never forget how to do then mentioned he had kids " ah yes Molly right" she said and smiled when he mentioned they had returned " thank goodness, sorry I shouldn't worry about him being out on a mission, but a little part of me is always glad when He's home safe" she said smiling " hum that big guy must be Fenrir, hes huge, bigger than Jack" she said looking out the window.

Turning from the window she moved to the kitchen and checked the casserole smiling as it ws almost done. She smiled brader when she heard Angus talk close to her " chicken caserole, with new potatoes and carrots, wanted you to have something hot and filling for when you returned" she said lifting the casseraol dish from the oven and lifting the lid to show him " i think there still some tarte left for afters if your still hungry" she ooked over at David and nodded " for you too if you want some, hes been a great help today." she said placing it down on a pan stand so she culd dish up once she had drained the carrots and potatoes so they could eat.

She pored a glass of fire whiskey and sent it over to Angus " thought you could use this before we eat." she said placing it next to him.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Mar 13, 2023 10:10 pm

When Robert landed in the yard with the team, Abbey felt immediately the presence of a "doggie," and she went dashing out of the house. When she got to the back deck, she stopped and froze in complete and utter terror. This doggie was the biggest being she had ever seen in her young life, and she could feel the dark magic that was still within him.

"That's Greyback, for certain," David said. "Greyback has struck fear into the hearts of wizards now since about 1955. He was a holy terror even as child, from what I've read, and he made most of his reputation from not just his savageness but also from his relentless bounty hunting. He was the werewolf responsible, when he was about 20, for turning your boss's younger brother into a werewolf. He's also the one who turned James Blood and countless others. At his height, I think he clearly would be taller even than James Blood. Greyback might be an old man now, but if I were you, I would never ever make the mistake of thinking that the savagery that he is known for is gone. He clearly seems to be the top werewolf in our country, that's for certain."

He watched Angus come in and pour himself coffee.

"How was the weather on the trip?" David asked.

"Lousy, but then the North Sea always is," Angus said. "Chicken sounds wonderful. Thanks, Ru. And that firewhiskey looks even better. This time of year, the water temperature in the North Sea is only about 6 degrees centigrade, and it certainly was mighty cold. One of the crew members fell overboard, and we had to haul him back aboard, so I saw my share of sea water."

"Sounds like you had a lively trip," David said. "Hey, who's the little tyke out on the back deck at the main house?" Angus got up and went over to the window.

"That's Abbey, Robert's granddaughter," Angus said. He watched her for a moment and saw she wasn't moving. It took him a second to see what she was looking at. "Oh, I see. Fenrir's got her frightened out of her wits. She's too afraid to move a muscle." Angus felt sorry for her. No child should be that terrified ever, he thought. "Ru, I can't stand it. I have to go get her. Keep that chicken hot. I'll be right back."

Angus walked over to the back deck at the main house and scooped her up and wrapped her close. She wrapped her arms around his neck and hid her face in his shoulder.

"I just saw her and was going to come and see if she was alright," Nicky said.

"That big werewolf frightened her. I'll take her to my house for a bit," Angus said. "We're just about to have lunch. She can stay with us for a bit."

"She can identify a werewolf when she sees one?" Nicky asked.

"Oh, yes. Absolutely," Angus said. "She's seen them before. She'll be alright, though. Just let her grandparents know she's with us, would you?"

"Certainly," Nicky said. Angus carried Abbey back over and brought her into the duplex and sat down at the table, holding Abbey on his lap to soothe her. He picked up his glass of firewhiskey and took a swig, liking the feeling of the warmth that was chasing away the North Sea chill.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Mar 13, 2023 10:16 pm

Ruby nodded " thought it would" she said and smiled then looked at David " yeah never underestamate any werewolf old or new, especialy not one that size." she said " did you know it was James Blood that turned Jack." she said glancing at where Angus now looked. "all right, bring her here we have enough she could eat with us" she said watching him walk out and over to Abby to pick her up.

"that girl will have nightmares for weeks " she said softly as she saw Angus return. When he sat down and drank his whiskey she moved to refill his glass then start to dish up the casserole and its acutramonts. Taking the plate to Angus she knew he would most likly share with Abby so had added a little more to his plate. She handed David a plate and went to get her own with a soft drink for Abby.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Mar 13, 2023 10:40 pm

"Ministry file on James Blood," David said. "The Unspeakables do a good job of getting the little details, somehow, on their most wanted criminals, and James has been at the top of their radar since he attacked Khaat and nearly killed her a few years ago, when it made all the papers. His file there is quite thick, and when I knew that Robert was calling me here to work on Brian's estate, I figured I ought to read up on Blood. Never hurts to know who I might be up against."

"Three and four year olds are normally lucky to know their farm animals, much less their lethal magical creatures," David said.

"The women in the Lupin family come from a long line of strong seers--and her mother and grandmother are no exception," Angus said. "Abbey's one of those rare cases that started to show accidental magical ability straight from day one."

"That's not just a little rare, that's exceptionally rare, Mate," David said. "That makes her potentially worth a massive amount to someone like Gelding."

"Oh, absolutely," Angus said, seeing Ruby put a plate down in front of him. "Thanks, Ru. It looks fantastic. W are very aware of how much he would want her if he knew about her skills. We do our best to keep her hidden from him."

"Most wise," David agreed. "Thanks, Ruby. I've been smelling that all morning, and I hate to admit it, but I'm starving." He sat down and tucked into his lunch. "Delicious. Well worth waiting for."

Angus took a tiny bite of chicken and a little piece of carrot and gently coaxed Abbey to take a bite. It took him a moment, but when she did, he looked at her face and wiped away a couple tiny tears from her cheeks.

"I've got you, Abs," he told her softly. "You're safe. That doggie isn't interested in hurting you."

"He naughty, Aggie," Abbey told him in a tiny, frightened voice.

"Yes, he is frequently naughty. You're right, but he knows if he doesn't behave here, your Papa will make him leave."

"I no like him," she said.

"That's okay. You don't have to like him. Here. Take another bite of chicky," he said. "I know you like chicky." She nodded. He fell into a rhythm of feeding her a bite and then taking a bite for himself. "Ru, this is wonderful. Thank you for thinking of it." As she was eating, Caprice let out a loud wail, and Abbey nearly jumped out of her skin. "Sorry, Abs," Angus said calmly. "Sorry. Just a noisy baby, that's all."

"What she want?" Abbey scowled, annoyed that the baby had frightened her. Angus tried hard to hide his amusement. He couldn't blame her, really.

"I don't know, but I'm sure Ruby will take care of it. Eat your lunch," he told her.

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 54 of 100 Previous  1 ... 28 ... 53, 54, 55 ... 77 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top