LONDON CALLING - Page 94
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

LONDON CALLING - Page 94 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

LONDON CALLING

Page 94 of 100 Previous  1 ... 48 ... 93, 94, 95 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

LONDON CALLING - Page 94 Empty Re: LONDON CALLING

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Oct 26, 2022 9:37 pm

"Coffee, please," Marcus said. "And I'll tell Angus. We'll let you know before we go. They won't be gone long, you know. Its only a little over seven weeks before Christmas. It'll fly by for both you and them. Trust me. My kids are all there too, so I know."

"And I'll have tea, please," Kate said.

Andrew had found the bottle of energy potion, and now he set it down on the table in front of Angus so he could tuck it in his pocket if he wanted it. Sam immediately snatched it up and read the label.

"Thanks, Yulong," Andrew said. "I think they boys are looking forward to seeing their friends again.

"What's this?" Sam scowled hard at Angus, holding the bottle in his fist. "When did you get this? What is it, and how long have you been taking it?"

"You're welcome to read it. it's an energy potion," Angus said quietly. "Robert helped me buy it, so, yes, I am following his direction with it."

"Why do you need it?"

"Because the fatigue is still a problem, and I'm going back to work," Angus said.

"You're not ready to work yet, are you?" Victor demanded, sitting at the table.

"It isn't a choice," Angus said. "It's my job. It's what I have to do."

"Well, who said? That's bullcrap," Sam said defiantly. "No. We're family. You've been telling us that since you met us. You taught us family stays together, and we stand on it together. If that's what we do, then we're not going. We're staying right here. We'll help you. I don't know what we're helping you with, but you wouldn't abandon us, so we're not abandoning you. We'll do it together. Screw school, screw all of it. If we're family, then we're not going to let you be alone."

"We finally have a decent dad, and we're not going to let you buggar that up," Victor told Angus angrily. "We're not going to just dash back to Scotland to do whatever this is by yourself."

"I'm not alone," Angus replied, not wanting to show them his quickly building frustration. One dose of an energy potion, and the boys were treating him like an addict. He wanted to bean them both. He held the bottle up to the light to show them how very little was out of it. "Look. One dose. I really don't have to justify myself here, but one dose does not make me an addict."

"Yeah, well, our other dad, and our mom? They did all kinds of stuff. Ruby never knew, and neither did Jessie. That happened after they both left us there with them. So you might need to just get a clue that we aren't going to support you doing it," Victor said sharply and bitterly, leaving the house, slamming the door.

"I'm not going back, and you can't make me," Sam said, equally as angry, and now he stormed out of the house too.

"Sorry," Andrew told him. "I had no idea it was going to set them off."

"No problem. I didn't either," Angus said. "And I don't have the energy to go after them."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23615
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Wed Oct 26, 2022 9:51 pm

Ruby poured Kate and Marcus their respective drinks and then placed the pots on the table as she turned she heard Sam and Victor talking to Angus about the potion Andrew had given to Angus. She was about to say something when Angus said exactly what she was about to say, listening she wanted to Gibbs slap the pair of them but they both walked out of the house " they have to go back" she said softly " they have to finish there education, should we ask Robert to talk to them or would you prefer I do that?" she asked looking worried at Angus.

You heard Angus and nodded Seeing the boys leave he turned and walked slowly out the back door to find them. Finding they sat to gether he walked over and stood not too far from them " you know If a jade is not cut and polished, it can’t be made into anything." he looked at them as he spoke again" A wise man from my country once said, At home, a young man should be a good son, when outside he should treat others like his brothers, his behaviour should be one of trustworthy and proper, and should love the multitude at large and keep himself close to people of benevolence and morality. If after all these activities, he has any energy to spare, he should read widely to stay cultivated, his name was Confucius." He looked at both boys
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 4796

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Oct 26, 2022 10:11 pm

"Nobody questions whether they should go back or not, Ru," Angus said calmly, trying to reel in his frustration. "You can't get so anxious about teen boys having a temper tantrum. Stop and think before you spazz. Just because they said they aren't going back, it doesn't mean they're going to get their own way. Parenting is not a personality contest. It isn't about making them happy all the time. It's about doing the right thing. I really don't care if they're pissed at me or not. They can diagnose me as an addict when they get their medical degrees, but until that happens, they're going to shut, or they're going to learn very quickly how determined a Donohue can be."

"You don't get it," Sam said to Yulong. "Our real parents were crooks. Our dad was a man who killed people and got paid for doing it. He was a hired assassin. Our mom 'entertained' dark wizards for money. They weren't worth the oxygen they breathed. And they did all sorts of potions--all the stinking time. Vic and I are not putting up with another dad that does the same thing."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Wed Oct 26, 2022 10:25 pm

Ruby listened and nodded " your right," she said and looked out to where Sam and Victor sat with Yu stood not far from them talking to them " not much point in stressing," she said smiling as she looked at Angus once more.

You listened to Sam talk and shook his head " you can't put Angus in with your parents, as bad as they were" he said softly " From what I have seen about Angus, We can't learn without pain. Tyrants preserve themselves by sowing fear and mistrust among the citizens by means of spies, by distracting them with foreign wars, by eliminating men of spirit who might lead a revolution, by humbling the people, and making them incapable of decisive action, A man called Aristotle, " he told them " Angus is nothing like your parents, he cares for you in a way that he put himself at risk multiple times just for your safety, and from what I have read and been told He would do that everytime." he said then turned to face them " you would honer him more by staying in school and learning, being the strong men he knows you too be."
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Oct 26, 2022 10:42 pm

"Dude," Victor looked at Sam after considering Yulong's word, "maybe we didn't ask the right question. If he feels pushed into going back to work too soon, what we don't know is why. He wasn't like this a few days ago. All he said was that he has no choice. That doesn't sound like he wants to go back to work. It sounds like he feels forced. Is somebody telling him he has to go back before he's well, or..."

"Or is somebody not pulling their weight?" Sam asked, finishing Victor's statement.

"Exactly. And I don't think he's the kind to toss somebody under the bus by telling us who is forcing him to go back to work or who isn't doing their job. Even if we did know, what would we do?"

"Throttle them," Sam said bitterly.

"I'd like to, yes," Victor replied. "Maybe we need to write a letter to Edward, and let Edward handle it when he gets back."

"Maybe."

"Hey," Victor looked at Yulong, "who really is his boss? It's Brian's house but Robert seems to be the big cheese around here. If we wanted to talk to someone, who would that be?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Wed Oct 26, 2022 10:49 pm

Yu looked at Sam and Victor and smiled as they finally understood. He listened to their conversation and then spoke " Robert is the Boss, as you put it" he said " if you wish to speak to him do so, he will not turn you away" he added glancing at Angus " but you should talk to Angus first, he is the boss of your family or talk to Ruby, you do not go to a work boss and talk about family issues you talk to the family" he said " communication makes for a harmonious and happy family, so does going to school and learning." he added with a chuckle.

Ruby watched as Yu continued to talk to the boys. " you think they are listening or drawing their own conclushions out there?" she asked, cashualy to nobody in paticuler as she placed the food down on the table for every one to eat then pored her self a cup of tea.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Oct 26, 2022 11:00 pm

"I really don't care either way as long as they get on the damned train," Angus replied.

"Why would they think that they have any other option?" Robert asked, finally arriving in the kitchen.

"My sons are outside having a meltdown because they saw my energy potion, and now they think I'm a potions addict like Suzanne and Reginald," Angus said.

"Well, one of two things are happening, then," Robert said. "It brought up a painful memory for them that they don't know what to do with. Or--they're idjits."

"Idjits," Angus said, simply venting because he was irked at them for the moment.

"Have you tried to talk to them?" Robert asked Ruby. "I could try to dispel that notion for them, but that might not get to the real root of the problem, whatever that is."

"What's your plan for getting them on the train?" Marcus asked Angus.

"I'm gonna find one of you that will cast a petrificus totalus on their little behinds, and then I'm going to shrink them and toss them in their own packing trunks and stick the trunks on the damned train," Angus said.

"Oh, they did rile your temper, didn't they?" Robert cast Angus an amused look.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Wed Oct 26, 2022 11:07 pm

Ruby listened to Robert as he spoke then stood up and walked to the back door " I'll go talk to them now but Yu is doing that too" she said heading out the door and over to wher they stood " all right whats wrong, you know you can talk to me." she asked gently so not to sound annoyed, even though she wasn't " you know Angus is only taking that potion to help his recovery after his acident, hes not on it perminatly and its not adictive, Robert made sure of that, other wise I wouldn't be taking my pregancy potion ether." she said " and before you go acusing me too, it helps aliviate the rough pregnacy stuff like morning sickness and fatigue." she paused and waited to hear what they would say.

Yu stepped to one side and looked at both boys as Ruby walked over and spoke to them When she paused he nodded his head to them "talk and tell her how you feel , let her explain." he simply said his arms folded across his chest as he waited.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Oct 26, 2022 11:23 pm

"Did you know that our fantastic parents did mammoth amounts of potions, and they always had a stinking excuse? Mom's was, 'You don't know what I have to do for a living to feed you and clothe you.' Dad's excuse was that he was a grown man and he could do whatever he wanted," Sam said, unable to hide his bitterness. "So our loving mother blamed her addiction on the fact that her children needed food and shelter and clothing. And even then she didn't provide it. Angus needs to knock that crap off. He's supposed to be a better dad than that. He's not supposed to do that."

"I don't understand you, Ruby. What does your pregnancy tonic have to do with Angus' potion," Victor said. "Nobody said you didn't have a reason but he's been doing fine. Hasn't taken anything, and now all of a sudden he just has to do this? Says he has no choice? That makes no sense. He's making on bloody sense. Why is it that he doesn't think he has no choice but to go back to work before he's able to do it?  And why all of a sudden does he have no choice now? What the hell has him doing any of this?"

"So what have you told them?" Robert asked Angus.

"Nothing. They wouldn't get it. Sometimes your kids don't need to know every stinking little thing," Angus said angrily.

"These boys know something's changed, and they're not blind. Telling them nothing will not do," Robert told him.

"It's none of their business," Angus replied.

"And that isn't going to cut it either, my boy," Robert said gently. "Let's see how Ruby does."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Wed Oct 26, 2022 11:33 pm

Ruby lookd at both the boys " what its got to do with it?" she repeated " everything , there made by the same man, Robert and Angus hasn't been coping energy wise, he might be inproving but its slowl going and it takes all his energy to stand and do what he does for us." she told them " He lost his energies threw our mother and father trying to kill him becuse he is in love with me and were planning to get married, our mother could not stand that e were happy and she wasn't, He has a lot of bad things happen to himself too, with his own perents trying to turn him into a werewolf from being young, Jess could help with his energy but it would take all of hers and possibly kill her, so the potion is the safest option just untill his magic regenerates by its slef , which it is as you guys have seen." she explained.

Yu walked over and placed his hand on her shoulder seeing her waver a little sending some of his energy into her to keep her going. " I have done just as she has explained, I am healer and fighter " he said to them " she is right it takes control to not send too much energy into the person you are helping."
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 94 of 100 Previous  1 ... 48 ... 93, 94, 95 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top