LONDON CALLING - Page 72
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

LONDON CALLING - Page 72 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

LONDON CALLING

Page 72 of 100 Previous  1 ... 37 ... 71, 72, 73 ... 86 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

LONDON CALLING - Page 72 Empty Re: LONDON CALLING

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Oct 10, 2022 11:09 pm

"Well, you should mention that the school plans on letting students go to the carnival, and as I understand it, the time for them to be back varies a little by grade level. I think, if I'm remembering right, the seventh years have to all be back at the castle by eleven that night. I'm sure the boys are going to want to go, and hopefully Suzanne and Tom stay away, but I can't see Angus not going if the boys are going to go. I fully expect him to go to try to protect the boys, despite his magic limitations. It's worth discussing with him, I think."

Ruby asked about girl names.

"Well, I'd start with asking yourselves if there are any names that you both particularly like, or if there is some woman that either of you really admire or love that you would like to name her after. Keeping a name within a family can be really popular, but I can't see that Angus is going to want to name her Benjamin or Eileen or Suzanne for that matter. Maybe you should explore your family trees or something for some ideas. Do you want me to pick up a baby name book for you while I'm out?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22716
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Oct 10, 2022 11:22 pm

Ruby listened to Kate and nodded " yeah, I agree, would be bad if anything happened to them and he wasn't there, I will talk to him" she played with Abby and listened to Kat talk she winced when her mother and fathers name was mentioned " oh no never those names" she said " hum. what was Angus's grandmother's name?" she asked placing the piece he held into the right place.

She looked at Kate and nodded " that would help a lot" she said picking up another picture card " ok what's this?" she asked Abby placing the card in front of her. " I do like the name caprice, " she said and looked at Kate.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 4246

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Oct 10, 2022 11:36 pm

Abbey struggled with a puzzle piece and couldn't get it to fit. She turned it every direction but the right one, and finally, she laid it down and pounded the piece with her little fist, trying to make it fit. That made Kate laugh out loud.

"I can't honestly say I've never thought about doing that," Kate said, watching Abbey struggle. "Although, I don't expect it to work for her." She listened to Ruby consider Caprice as a name. "Angus showed me some pictures of his grandmother. Wait. I think I know where he's stashed a couple." She went to his office and found the notebook that Angus took to culinary school to take notes in. There, tucked into a pocket inside the back cover was a photo of Edward and Caprice together. She got the photo and brought it out to show Ruby. "I almost forgot, but he kept a picture of them in his notebook for culinary school. He said her face was encouragement for him when he got tired or discouraged. Here. This is Caprice Donohue. I think she's really the only other woman to capture his heart besides you. Edward always said she was a beautiful woman, and he was right. She was." She handed the photo to Ruby so she could see what Caprice looked like.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Tue Oct 11, 2022 12:06 am

Ruby looked down at Abby and smiled as she pounded the peice into position but it didn't work " Abby  its this way" she said taking it and turning it the right way and it slot in. She also listened to Kate as she spoke of Angus's grand mother and went to fetch some pictures . Ruby moved to sit and look at them.

"She was beautiful, they were a perfect match" she said smiling as she looked at them " I think caprice would be a great name but I also think a second might be good to" she said " I think carice and I might have gotten along, not that simone and I don't , shes fantastic just as you are " Ruby said chukaling seeing Abby at the puzzle again.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Oct 11, 2022 12:28 am

Abbey watched Ruby turn the piece to fit in the puzzle correctly.

"How you do that?" Abbey frowned, not understanding how Ruby knew to turn the puzzle piece.

"Well, thank you," Kate smiled. "Do you mean a middle name? You have time for that. There are lots of ways to go about that. One way is to use one syllable middle name since the first name you're thinking of is two syllables and the last name is three syllables. A one syllable middle name would make it easier to say. Or, you could use something from the stars since the stars mean so much to you. I think you should give it some time and play with some names. It isn't like she's coming today, after all. Take your time and try some different names. I think Angus and Edward would be absolutely delighted that you thought about Caprice as a name. From what Angus has said about Caprice, I think she'd have loved you, and I think you would have gotten along swimmingly. Angus says Caprice loved cooking and gardening and crocheting and all sorts of things. Apparently she was into all sorts of needle crafts like knitting and crocheting, embroidery, needlepoint, sewing. She loved it all. And she loved music. She played piano, and she had a collection of muggle record albums. Angus said Edward and Caprice considered Glenn Miller's 'Moonlight Serenade' as their song. It was what they played at their wedding. Somewhere, Edward and Angus each have a wooden chest full of some of Caprice's completed needle projects, though I've never seen any of them. Maybe you'd find some inspiration there."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Tue Oct 11, 2022 12:36 am

Ruby chuckled at Abbys shock and smiled " you look at the shape, see this side as a piece missing that goes with that sticky out bit and the other has the out peice to fir with th missing peice " she said and showed her " its a shape that is the opasite of the other" she looekd at Kate and smiled liking what she was hearing about Caprice. When she mentioned a wooden chest around with Caprices craft work she smiled " I'll have a look in our basment or the loft" she said and palced a puzzle peice down again " might even ask Edwrad when he comes back if he has it ." she said smiling as she stood " okay, how about some snacks and juice " she said moving to teh kitchen to grab soem cookies and a carton of juice for Abby and a cup of tea for herself and Kate.

Jack walked in and washed his hands " hey ladies" he said as Jessie followed not far behind sweaty and having looked like he ran a marathon. " don't worry he ran the assault course, did well untill he hit the ropes and then fell." Jack explained Jessie washed his face and hands and looked up at Kate.

"Needed to blow off some steam" he said " im good now." he smiled at Abby as she played.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Oct 11, 2022 12:48 am

Nigel walked in the back door, looking a bit frustrated.

"I didn't even know you were out of the house, Nigel," Kate said.

"Ah, well, I apparated over to the duplex to see Angus, and by the time I was done, I needed a bit of a walk," Nigel said. "Your lad is pushing my patience, Ruby. He got away from his keeper over there, and I found him out behind the garden, with Sam, and the two of them were climbing a bloody tree. There is no way Angus is ready for that. I have no idea what he thought he was going to accomplish, and, quite honestly, I was too irked with him to even give him a chance to explain. He's still way ahead of schedule on his rehab, but Andrew's going to have to put him on a leash and chain him to the house."

Kate poured Nigel a cup of tea, and Nigel left to go up to his room, muttering to himself, venting about feeling sure he was going to have to set some sort of broken bone whenever Angus would finally get tired and fall out of the stupid tree.

"When Robert gets home tonight I'll have Robert have a word with Angus," Kate laughed. "I'm sure Angus has a reason for it. Nigel has a point, though. Some activity is good for him, but I'm not sure trees should be on his list quite yet."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Tue Oct 11, 2022 1:04 am

When Ruby heard Nigel spack of Angus and she could not hide her smirk " oh im sure " she said trying hard not to laugh " you know hes a stuborn one right" she said and looked to Kate " I think hes just trying to get back on his feet quicker , he truly is tired of being in that chair" she said then chuckled " but climbing a tree, with Sam?" she said and could not help laugh at the sight. " boys will be boys hes indipendant." she said smiling at the thought he was enjoying himself.

Listening to Nigel she shook her head " hes fine , Im sure he of all people knows his limits, as will Robert im sure." she placed  her tea cup down next to her and took a cookie and ate it smiling at the thought of Angus getting back up on his feet again. " Kate when are you ging the alley?" she asked
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Oct 11, 2022 1:12 am

"I need to leave soon," Kate said. "Maybe I should go soon so I can get back. I'll try to bring lunch home for everyone. I doubt I'll be gone very long. Abbey, you be good for Ruby, won't you?" Abbey barely heard Kate talking to her because she was busy trying to fit a piece into her puzzle. She finally turned the piece upside down so that the plain cardboard side was showing and she found a way that the piece sort of fit. Kate smiled and ported out to London, leaving Ruby and Abbey alone.

"Deez hard to do, Rooby," Abbey sighed, frustrated. She was about ready to give up when Fudge made it out of his tree and came over to them. He started chattering at Abbey, and Abbey clearly understood that he did not approve of where she had put the puzzle piece.

"Well, you do it, then," Abbey scowled at Fudge. The bowtruckle gave her a bit of chattering that sounded exceptionally sarcastic, and the bowtruckle flipped the piece back right side up and shoved it at her, wanting her to try again. "Is for big kids, Stickee. I no can do it," she sighed. "I no smart."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Tue Oct 11, 2022 1:22 am

Ruby nodded and Kate decided to leave and do her shopping , she looekd as Fudge walked over to the puzzle peice. " Abby you are smart and you will get big, but don't let it beat you, theres a muggle saying, if at first you don't succsed try, try, try again." she said softly to her " it means the more wrongs you get, only the right way remains, just keep trying you'll get it" she said smiling at her. " and to be truthful I was no good at puzzles at your age too, I liked painting and drawing, oh and driving my brothers nuts" she chuckled Jessie looked over at them.

"oh too right ." He said and walked over to them, " ecven though she was the oldest she would terroise us by playing tricks and running away." he said "you know she put snezzing powder in her teachers desk before summer break." Ruby smiled and nodded.

"he sneesed for at least a week I was told."Ruby looked down at Abby and smiled "Just keep trying eventually, you'll get it and when you do it will feel fantastic." she smiled at her.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Page 72 of 100 Previous  1 ... 37 ... 71, 72, 73 ... 86 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top