LONDON CALLING - Page 65
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

LONDON CALLING - Page 65 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

LONDON CALLING

Page 65 of 100 Previous  1 ... 34 ... 64, 65, 66 ... 82 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

LONDON CALLING - Page 65 Empty Re: LONDON CALLING

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Oct 07, 2022 9:59 pm

Andrew turned and headed upstairs, feeling that Angus was most likely awake now. He found Angus was awake, and was sipping on cold coffee since the cup Ruby had sent up had gotten cold.

"Let me fix that for you," Andrew said, flicking his fingers at the cup to reheat the coffee.

"Thanks," Angus yawned, not really that awake. Andrew helped Angus wash up and shave and dress. Angus had chosen jeans and a sweatshirt hoodie. While Angus was eating breakfast, Andrew changed the sheets on the bed and made up the bed and gathered up the laundry and put it all in the hamper, with the intention to do the laundry a little later. He set the breakfast dishes aside on the dresser and then apparated Angus downstairs.

"The muggle phone is more of a concern, honestly," Marcus said, "since those actually are forbidden by wizarding law. We only use them if its a real emergency. Robert's pretty strict on that because he doesn't want to bring the Ministry here because someone is violating the law. One of us needs to talk to him. I'm actually not close enough to him to do it. Anyone else feel comfortable talking to him to find out what's going on?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22904
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Fri Oct 07, 2022 10:09 pm

Jack stood up and looked at Marcus " okay, I'll talk to him" he said and headed to Jessie's room where he found him sitting on his bed head held in his hands. " okay so what with the phone you know it's against wizarding law" Jessie handed it to him but said nothing, he didn't even raise his head.Jack took teh phone and placed it in his pocket " so tell me whats bothering you?" he asked as he sat next to him.

"Kaden broke up with me said he couldn't handle the stress of not knowing if I wolf out again." he said as tears rolled down his face " I though he was the one" Jesie said but Jack just held him as he cried.

After a moment Jessie puleld away from him and wiped his eyes " sorry, for the phoen and.. getting you wet. " he said Jack just chuckled and patted Jessies back lightly.

" you'll get to know with time who will last and who won't, you'll find some one else who will stay with you even knowing what you are." He looked at the door way to see Jess smiling at him " I did, and if this ugly mug can you can too" Jessie chuckled and let out a brath he didn't know he held feeling relaxed at Jacks words. "now wash up your face and don't let me catch you using a muggle phone again , okay" Jessie nodded.

"don't worry I won't" he said " again thanks" Jessie stood up and went to his adjoning bathroom while Jack moved to Jess who kissed him. " glad we don't have that problem" he said softly to her as he gently kissed her.

"nope I knew what a pain in the ass you were before I married you" she said and laughed as he pulled a face as she moevd down stairs. " morning Marcus, Ruby, Marcus that situation up stairs is handled." she told him.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 4434

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Oct 07, 2022 10:26 pm

"Thanks," Marcus told Jack. "No point in someone getting in trouble unnecessarily."

Angus decided to go over to the duplex to see how the progress was coming. He went outside and saw that someone had taken his outdoor chair back out on the porch. He changed chairs and headed over to the duplex. The crew had the front doors open to both sides, and Angus left his chair on the porch and got up and walked in and sat down in one of the first chairs in the living room that he came to. When the foreman came down from upstairs, Angus talked to him at some length to find out what had been done and what hadn't. The foreman knew that Edward and Simone were not going to be home for a few days so he had directed his crew to finish Angus' and Ruby's side first. He believed that it might be possible for finish Angus and Ruby's side by the end of the day today. Then they would focus on finishing Edward and Simone's side so it would be done when they returned. Angus was glad to hear that he and Ruby and the boys might be able to go home either today or tomorrow. The crew was down to finishing up the rooms upstairs. The rooms downstairs were done but they just needed a good cleaning now. From where he was, everything that Angus could see looked exactly like it had before the fire. Angus wrote a note to Ruby to tell her the good news and to tell her that they needed to clean the downstairs today, and maybe the upstairs when the crew finished so they could move back home this evening. He whistled for Pip, and when Pip arrived, he handed Pip the note and told him to take it over to Ruby.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Fri Oct 07, 2022 10:36 pm

Jess nodded her hed " I agree Marcus, Jack has the phone and will givwe it to Robert to dispose of" she said as she saw Pip fly in threw the open back door. Ruby finished making dinner preperations when Pip landed next to her and dropped the note that Angus had writen . " thank you Pip " she said handing him a treat then turning to Fudge and giving him one also."The house on our side is almost done , we can move back later today or tomorrow" she said smiling at Marcus and Jess " as nice as it has been I realy miss my own bed and things too" 

Jess smiled at her " oh that will be nice for both of you" she said and saw nod her head with a smile. 

"it will be good for Angus too having his things around and being able to have his own space , even for the boys too." she said just as sam and Victor walked into the room " talk of the devil" she chuckled seing their faces " we can move home tomorrow of later today, you get your rooms back."
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Oct 07, 2022 10:50 pm

"Cool!" Sam said. He almost dashed out the door and then ran over to the duplex and found Angus inside without his regular chair. "What do we need to move back in?" he asked Angus.

"Well, I could use my chair, first of all. And then we really do need to clean in here. We need to be working on the downstairs while they finish the work upstairs, and then we will have to clean the upstairs before we can sleep here," Angus told him.

"We can do that. I'll get your chair and be right back," Sam said. He went back to the main house, told Victor that Angus said the house needed a good deep cleaning, and then he got Angus's indoor chair and returned. Victor left and went over to the duplex, and Andrew soon followed. Sam brought Angus' chair in and put it close to Angus. Angus got in his chair while Andrew got out the cleaning supplies. Victor started dusting, and Sam started sweeping.

Andrew set a spell in place to start washing all the dishes and the pots and pans and other kitchen supplies while he started to clean the pantry and the fridge. He quickly saw that the refrigerated foods would all need to be replaced, and he got Angus to start with a handwritten list of provisions that would need to be restocked in the pantry and the fridge. Andrew took all the sheets and pillowcases and blankets to the laundry room in the basement to wash them all so they would be nice and clean. He planned on doing all the towels and washcloths next, and then all the clothes. That would be a steady flow of laundry all day but it would be well worth it.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:05 pm

Ruby chuckled at Sam and Vincent's enthusiasm at returning home " now that's something I thought I would never see, both boys smiling at the thought of going home, I have to admit I'm looking forward to it to" she said finishing dinner prep.

Once every where was clean she headed to the duplex and entered to a flurry of cleaning and washing " wow" she said smiling " you guys work fast" she smiled moving to brush some dust off Sams nose as she smiled then moved to Angus " do you have a list of pravishions, I can send it off and we'd get them this afternoon" she said " the supiler knows we kneed things asap" she said looking in the cupboards thet were now empty.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:16 pm

"I know. Working on it," Angus said, still writing. "It's going to take a little time because we'll have to basically start fresh. A lot of what's here will need to be pitched and the containers washed because the food will smell and taste like smoke. You could work on that if you want to help. Anything that isn't in an airtight container will have to be pitched. And the outsides of all the airtight containers will need to be scrubbed. Andrew has already dumped everything in the fridge and the freezer, and he's washing the inside of the fridge and freezer. We'll have to scrub the shelves, the walls, and the floor in the pantry before we put new food in it. We'll have to wash the insides and outsides of the kitchen cabinets and the kitchen drawers, all the countertops, the stove, the oven, and all the appliances. Everything."

Angus had started making his list by listing the refrigerated foods, and once that was finished, he rolled his chair into the pantry to take inventory there and to start adding to his list.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:27 pm

Ruby moved next to Sam and started to wash the containers clean of soot and excess food that was still in the tubs. She watched as the others moved to clean effectivly but cleanly too so they could get home. She was already half way threw the tubs and moved to teh bowls and plates to wash them clean while Victor dried and put them back in the clean cupboard.

Soon most of them were done but Ruby felt like she'd done a full work out " I have to sit down" she said moving to a chair and sitting for a moment. " I hope some one started dinner." she said
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:50 pm

"Don't worry about it. Someone can always heat up some of the barbeque leftovers from last night," Angus told her, still writing. "Unless you were scheduled to be working right now, and if that's the case, then we do need to start something or order something for delivery. If you're supposed to be over there, you probably need to leave this to us, and then when you catch your breath, you might want to see if someone can give you a hand. I presume Jess and maybe Kate and Rowan might be over there. Robert isn't necessarily a cook. He can do some nice campfire things during survival training, but there are other things he does far better."

Sam finished the sweeping and started to fold a huge, heaping laundry basket of clean sheets and blankets and pillowcases--until he got to the fitted sheets. He struggled with them and got instantly frustrated, chucking them back in the basket. Angus rolled his chair over to Sam.

"Calm," Angus said gently. "Let me show you how it's done. There's a trick to it, but once you know it, your fitted sheets will look every bit as neat and tidy as your flat sheets." He showed Sam how to turn both corners one end of the fitted sheets inside out so they could be properly folded over the fitted corners on the other end of the sheet. Then he showed Sam how to fold in the sides of the sheets, and then finally, how to fold the sheets into the same size as the flat sheets. He had Sam try it, and Angus talked him through it. Then Sam could successfully fold the sheets, as Angus finished his provisions list.

"Nice job, Sam!" Angus said. "Couldn't have done better myself. Now, to keep them together, take one pillowcase and put the matching flat sheet, fitted sheet and the other pillowcase inside that first pillowcase you took out. So, now, when someone wants a set of sheets, all they have to do is to grab a pillowcase, and its all in there except the blankets."

"Cool!" Sam seemed to be impressed that Angus's organization was so simple and made so much sense. "I bet you have a weird way to fold towels too." Angus laughed.

"Well, I don't know how weird it is, but I roll them, a bit like a burrito. It saves space and it allows for a lot more towels to be placed in the cabinets or the drawers."

"Of course you roll them. Everybody else folds towels, and only you would roll them," Sam teased.

"Bring the towels up when they're ready, and I'll show you," Angus laughed.

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:56 pm

Ruby smiled " I agree" she said as she watched every one working around her then after a break she headed back to the main house to start dinner. as she entered she saw Jess standing in the kitchen "I thought you could use the help" she said and Ruby smield .

"thank you" she said and began to put together a caserole that could slow cook while the desert was being made. She had chosen a sticky toffee pudding with home made vanilla custard to go over the top since the weather was getting colder. She also made fresh bread rolls to go one the table incase any one wanted any.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Page 65 of 100 Previous  1 ... 34 ... 64, 65, 66 ... 82 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top