LONDON CALLING - Page 56
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

LONDON CALLING - Page 56 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

LONDON CALLING

Page 56 of 100 Previous  1 ... 29 ... 55, 56, 57 ... 78 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

LONDON CALLING - Page 56 Empty Re: LONDON CALLING

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Oct 03, 2022 1:39 am

Angus asked Brian to take Ian and a couple other chefs to his office to get the cake and the topper, his recipe book, a bucket of white fondant, and the leftover fondant leaves and flowers. Brian was more than happy to do so. The other culinary team members stepped right up to clean the mess.

The boys headed inside to take a quick tour of Robert's house and to find what bedroom they were going to have for the night. Edward came over to Angus and gave him a big hug.

"I know you were behind that menu," Edward smiled. "What a wonderful gift. Thank you. Now, you really do need to get some rest. You look completely done for the night, and it's going to be a long day tomorrow. You need a good night's sleep."

"I'm going to," Angus said, lying to Edward. "You and Simone need to do the same."

"She's already headed upstairs to get a soak in the tub," Edward laughed. "I'm going to find a shower and then I'm going to read a little."

"That's my usual routine," Angus smiled.

"Do it soon, Lad, before you fall asleep out here in your chair," Edward smiled. "Sleep well. I'll see you in the morning." He went inside, and Angus started to try to size up the outdoor pantry and fridge to see if it had everything he needed to bake a second wedding cake. Robert came up to him.

"I thought you were going to be done for the day after supper," Robert said.

"Me too," Angus sighed. Robert sat down near him.

"So what is it?" Robert asked. Angus handed him the note. "You have caterers and planners. So what is it that you're doing?"

"I don't know that my cake is going to be big enough. I may very well need to be up tonight making a second cake."

"No," Robert said absolutely. "Absolutely not. Your caterers can come up with another cake even if it isn't decorated like the wedding cake. These people were not invited, even if they are family. You don't owe them a second wedding cake. Let the caterers deal with this. Edward would not want this for you. If you owe anyone in this situation, it's him. He doesn't know about this, does he?"

"No. He didn't invite them, but he wont turn them away either."

"Then they'll get whatever they get for a dessert. What else is going on?"

"Ruby's a bit of a mess," Angus sighed. "Her medicine apparently isn't holding."

"It should be," Robert frowned. "If it continues, I'll try to give her an extra medication she can try when things flare up. I don't think I can make her prenatal potion any stronger. It's already stronger than normal for her. If it continues, I'll have to try something else." Angus sighed. "Calm," Robert said gently. "Some women just have trouble, that's all. You cannot get this on your mind at this hour. You need to get some sleep. If you want to talk, we can do that after the wedding, maybe tomorrow evening or on Sunday morning, alright?" Angus nodded, not really wanting to discuss it with anyone. It really was none of his business anyway. It was really between Ruby and Robert to decide. "I'm going to send Andrew out to get you to help you upstairs. Go to bed. Get some sleep. Your mind is working overtime tonight, so I'll bring you a dose of a mild sleeping potion tonight." Angus just nodded. He really didn't have any intentions of needing to take a sleeping potion. "It'll be alright," Robert stood up. "Trust me." Robert went inside to find Andrew and send him out to Angus.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22692
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:02 am

Ruby knew Angus's mind would not rest until he'd sorted things out with the cake. Walking around she saw Robet talking to Angus and walked over " sorry to interupt , did Angus mention about my stomach earlier, I don't think its the potion, I think its just nerves but we thought you could check." she said taking out the small bottle from her pocket placing it on the table in front of them " I'll leave it with you" she said moving to kiss Angus on his cheek " I'll see you in our room, and listen to Roberts advice, rest for tomorrow." Ruby smiled and stepped back giving them some space as she saw Andrew walking over " please talk him onto resting and not baking please " she said softly with a smile on her face.

Ruby aw Kate and walked over to her " um Kate can I ask when you were carrying Khaat did you have any unplesant effects?" she asked moving to sit next to her. " becuse I am realy not liking some foods or rather the baby isn't , I eat something I think should settle it and bamn i feel sick, I talked to Robert but I realy need the advice of some one whose been there, you know " she gighed " I know im rambling again."
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 4222

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Oct 03, 2022 12:42 pm

"Ruby, I don't really need to check your potion," Robert said. "I made it, remember?" He held the bottle up to the light to check it for color and then opened it to sniff it and put just the tiniest drop on the tip of his little finger. He closed the bottle and handed it back to her.

"The potion is fine," he told her, "I think its far more likely that this is about anxiety. You tend to have more issues with anxiety anyway just by nature. Even so, I think its fair to say that you've been exceptionally anxious a good portion of the time recently, and it has affected you in all kinds of ways. I can give you a trial of a calming potion but I will not leave you on it indefinitely.  Consider this. In its simplest terms, anxiety is thought based--negative thoughts about things you're afraid might happen. You can learn to control your thoughts, and that will help you to reduce the anxiety. You can also learn to change some of your anxiety driven behaviors, and that will change the thoughts and then the feelings. And frankly nearly all the things we worry about never come to pass anyway, but when you ruminate on them and spin them around and around endlessly they just get bigger and bigger and more unmanageable. And I think that's exactly what you've been doing. Whatever you feed gets bigger. If you feed anxiety, it becomes flat out panic eventually. If you feed calm, you shrink the anxiety and the stress starts to dissipate.

"Take a look at what you're running through your head so much. For example, you really do need to come to terms with your parents and your past and what you do and don't want for your future. You need to get a handle on the fear that Angus is going to leave. To the best of my knowledge he has never ever mentioned anything about that to you--not once.  And I'm sure those aren't the only negative thoughts spinning around in your head. But you need to get that under control. If you manage to do that, and I think nearly all of this extra nonsense will resolve itself."  

Andrew heard Ruby ask him to talk Angus into getting some sleep.

"I'll do my best," Andrew replied, understanding why the cakes held such extreme importance to Angus. He was also hearing Robert telling Angus in no uncertain terms that he didn't want Angus to stay up all night. Andrew actually believed Robert's plan was a good one. He didn't want to see Angus stay up all night for wedding crashers, even if they were family.

"Every woman's experience is different," Kate told her. "And, of course I had some of the typical hormonal changes and things that we all go through. Nerves can add extra symptoms though that have nothing to do with pregnancy. I think you're giving your baby  too much credit if you think that all of these things that you think are turning your stomach are because the baby doesn't like them but that list was relatively small. I can certainly remember having a little of that, but this seems like more than you probably should be having, and certainly more than you should have with your prenatal potion. There are some foods that could give you trouble. That's for sure, but I think, perhaps, your nerves are getting to you," Kate said. "When I was pregnant with Khaat, Remus's curse was out of control and that was before he was taking the wolfsbane potion because it was bloody expensive in those days and nigh onto impossible to get until Robert learned how to make it himself. It was frightening having an uncontrolled werewolf in the house. Robert was also going to Paris regularly to battle Tom Gelding's father, and there were times I wasn't sure he was coming back. Of course I had a lot of anxieties, but I figured out that I couldn't stay stuck in them. I figured out that as calm as Robert is by nature, he had his own anxieties about becoming a first time father, and if I stayed stuck in anxiety or if I complained a lot, it caused him not just a bit more anxiety but it also caused him some extreme stress because there wasn't a bloody thing he could do about what I was thinking or feeling. There really wasn't anything he could do to help me. I wasn't helping myself, and I was actually harming the man I loved more than my own life. I realized I was the one who had to make a little bit of a change. So, I shifted gears to do more things that made me happy, and when I was happy, he and Remus were both much happier. Life was just better. I don't know that I can give you advice, but I do know what worked for us."

Ian and his chefs returned with the cake and they set it at first on their worktables. Angus and Robert went over to the cake. Robert looked at it, and then looked back at Angus in utter amazement.

"You did this?"

"Yeah with help from Andrew and Ruby and the boys," Angus said.

"God, Angus, this is amazing," Robert said. "It's fantastic. It had to have taken you hours."

"It did," Angus replied.

"Angus," Ian said. "I think you probably would have enough, but, what we could do, without changing the integrity of the cake or the taste is to simply enchant it to increase it in size just a wee little bit."

"That always makes it taste conjured," Angus shook his head.

"No, no. It won't," Ian said. "Watch." He had a sioux chef bring him a slice of the leftover sponge cake from supper. He cut the piece in half and with one half, he increased it just a half inch. He had Angus and Robert close their eyes, and he gave each of them a bite of the enchanted piece and the regular piece to see if they could tell the difference. They couldn't.

"How'd you get that increasing spell to work?" Angus frowned at Ian. "Nobody's ever gotten that to work well on food."

"I did," Ian said with a cheeky grin. "Fair enough? I'll increase the cake just a wee bit, and we'll be fine. If you want, I'll make a batch of cupcakes and I'll borrow some of your leftover decorations just as backup, but I think we'll be fine. I think its far more essential that you get some sleep tonight and let my crew and me do the job you paid us for."

"It just needs to be perfect, you know? He's the only blood relative I have that gives a damn," Angus said.

"I know, and I've got you covered, my friend. It'll be fine. Trust me. Wouldn't you want me to trust you if the tables were turned?"

"Yeah, I would."

"Then, goodnight. I'll see you at breakfast," Ian laughed.

"Come on, Angus," Andrew said. "Let's let the man work." Andrew took him inside and found that Robert's house had plenty of bathrooms. He found one that wasn't in use and let Angus soak in a hot tub with a very masculine bath oil made with some soothing herbs like white sage, lavender, chamomile, and essential oils made with woods like blue cypress and cedar, and some other masculine aromas. He'd left Angus just one glass of firewhiskey to help him unwind tonight. Angus leaned back and closed his eyes and breathed out, trying to let himself soak into the silence for just a few moments, hoping all the noise in his mind would stop for just a little while.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:21 pm

Ruby was relieved that everything with her potion was fine " thank you Robert " she said then listened as he continued Once he was done she nodded " yeah, I need to do my deep breathing when I start to worry" she said to him.

She then listened to Kate and found her words soothing as she listened " so that's why you took up pottery and painting?" she said smiling as she sat and thought of what made her happy but all she could come up with was being with Angus or being in nature, but being outside for her would only do for a short while, then she had an idea and looked at Angus " Um, Angus could we add a conservatory to our side of the duplex?" she asked " I'd like to grow plants inside, I find it very therapeutic and calming." she asked after he appeared after his bath. Taking a slow breath in she smiled " oh Lavinder, I like that smell." she said feeling her whole body relax from just the smell around her.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:53 pm

"I did all that before I married Robert, but I increased how much of it I did," Kate said. "Back then, I used one of the empty bedrooms as a studio but it was always ridiculously crowded in there. And that's what cased us to eventually build the studio at Brian's."

Andrew had helped Angus into a pair of green and blue plaid flannel pajama pants, and he was pushing Angus's chair into the guest room that Angus and Ruby were going to use for the night when Ruby asked him about a conservatory.

"Probably," he told her. "But we'd have to put it on the east end of the house unless you want to completely uproot the garden you and Edward and Simone just put in. I'll have to give it some thought about how to do it right. Give me a day or so to get past the wedding and then I'll take a look at it. For now, you could put some plants in Brian and Khaat's greenhouse. We haven't used it a lot since we've put such an emphasis on becoming self sufficient and putting in more crops, but, if you go out past the last cottage, you'll find a greenhouse. It's sort of covered up by all the cabins we've put in over the last several years, but it's there. About the only ting that's in there now, honestly, are a lot of berry plants because of a certain toddler that wants berries all year round. The rest of the space isn't being used. Maybe you could take a look at it and do something with it, if you want."

"The bath oil was a gift from Edward this past Christmas," Angus said. "It's a nice change every so often from a quick shower." Andrew helped Angus into bed and saw the potions glass on the nightstand. He picked it up and checked it.

"Hm. Clearly one of Robert's concoctions. Interesting," Andrew said. He handed the glass to Angus. "Look at it in the light." Angus held the glass up to the light and saw the typical blue sapphire colored sleeping potion but in the glass were two sparkling swirls that were spinning in the sapphire liquid. One little swirl was a glistening red color and the other was a glistening gold.

"What do you think it is?" Angus frowned.

"I have no idea," Andrew laughed, "but it would take someone with Robert's skills to create something that looks that elegant. The rest of us would only end up with something that looked a lot like a glass of mud. I think it's safe, whatever it is."

"I'll get to it," Angus said. "I'll probably read for a little first."

"As you like," Andrew said, setting the glass on the nightstand. "Now, I know they're planning on serving breakfast outside tomorrow at seven. You're going, aren't you?"

"I'm sure," Angus said.

"Well, then, I'll send coffee up by six so you have time to enjoy it, and I'll come by to help you dress by about 20 til seven?"

"Sounds fine," Angus said. "Thank you. Goodnight, Andrew."

"Goodnight, Angus. Goodnight, Ruby," Andrew said. He moved the chair out of the way of the bed but not so far that Angus couldn't manage to get to it if he needed to get up during the night, and then he left for his own room.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:04 pm

Ruby listened to Angus and nodded " sounds perfect" she said smiling " and I agree, wedding first then conservatory." she stayed quiet as Andrew helped him then pointed out the glass she smiled as they mentioned Robert and she knew it was nothing to worry about " well I might be borrowing that bath oil, smells divine, or is that just you." she teased at him  then smiled at Andrew as he bid them good night " Good night Andrew , sleep well" she said as she turned to Angus to watch him get into bed and place the chair close to the bed.

Laying down she moved to snuggle against Angus " its been some day huh" she said softly to him " and tomorrow will be bigger" she smiled and looked up at him " but Im sure it will be magical for them." she added as she could not hold back a yawn as she slowly fell asleep laid against him one arm resting over his torso.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:15 pm

"It might be a little masculine for your tastes but borrow it if you like," Angus told her. He settled in with his book for a bit while she slept. Then he finally decided to take Robert's potion and turn out the light. He closed his eyes, feeling the potion start to take effect, erasing his tension and his stressors and sweeping him first into a deep state of relaxation before the sleep took him entirely.

The next he knew, Andrew was waking him. It took Angus a moment to wake because the sleeping potion was still in his system. Andrew had set a mug of tea on Ruby's nightstand already and was setting Angus's coffee on his nightstand. It wasn't light yet, but Andrew had turned the lights up only on low to allow Angus to get his eyes open before he shocked him with bright lights. Andrew reached over and laid his hand on Angus' forehead to draw off the rest of the sleeping potion.

"That will help shortly. Give yourself a little," Andrew said quietly. "A little coffee will help clear your head while potion wears off. I'll be back in half an hour or so to help you shave and dress. Your suit is already outside, so i think you could get by with sweatpants and a sweatshirt. It's a little chilly right now, but it's going to warm up by this afternoon. It'll be fine."

"Okay," Angus yawned, picking up his coffee and taking a sip. "Ru? You conscious yet?" Angus asked sleepily as Andrew got out a pair of sweats for Angus and then left again.

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:23 pm

Ruby yawned as she heard Angus ask if she ws awake. "Nope, I'm still sleeping." she chuckled as she slowly opened her eyes and sat up moving her arm from around his waist. She saw the cup of tea beside her on the stand and breathed in the aroma as she sipped it " hum, perfect, Andrew knos just how to start a day, how'd you sleep, I slept like  baby" she said then looked at Angus " so todays the big day" she said smiling " wonder how the bride and groom are faring?" she said softly as she smiled at Angus.

Moving from the bed she slipped out of her night dress and into a light shirt and casual dress pants with black flat shoes. " I'll change into th dress closer to the time, no point in getting it dirty just yet" she said smiling as she tied her hair up in a ponytail.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:54 pm

"It's pretty standard for the kitchen to send up a coffee tray to the more senior members of the household. Robert and Kate and Khaat and Brian each got coffee trays in the morning before breakfast while I was fixing breakfast. It was just a little nice touch Brian started doing for Khaat when she moved in with Abbey, and we just kept it up, and when Robert lives with us, I send a tray up for him and Kate too. It really is a nice way to wake up. That shirt isn't probably going to be warm enough initially. You might want a warmer shirt or a jacket," Angus told her as he sipped on his coffee. "Andrew says its cold out. He's set out sweatpants and a sweatshirt for me. I don't think we need to dress until closer to noon since it's an afternoon wedding. We have plenty of time. Don't forget we have that surprise thing--whatever it is--after breakfast."

"I'd get up and open the drapes, but I think all we'd see is dark," he said. "I'm sure that Edward and Simone are awake already. They're both early risers. I honestly don't see either of them being nervous about this. Edward is calm by nature, and I think, from what I see, so is Simone. I think things will be fine. Clearly, though, they aren't going to hold to the old tradition that they shouldn't see each other on their wedding day til the ceremony. They aren't going to care about that, and there's no reason they should." He tossed back the covers and got up and opened the drapes anyway, able to stand long enough to do that, and then he sat in his chair since it was close. It was starting to get light, but the sun wasnt up yet. "The skies are clear," Angus said. "Andrew's right. Its going to be cold this morning til it warms up, but then, I think, the sky looks like we're in for a nice day today."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:01 pm

Ruby smiled as he mentioned the tray and then her shirt not being thick enough as it was going to be cold. " I think it's nice t wake up to a fresh cup of tea or coffee," she said turning to look for something else in her bag " oh how about this " she held up a light pink jumper that was not too thick. She slipped off the shirt and slipped on the jumper to show him " warm but not too warm" she smiled at him as she walked over to him.

Looking out the window she smiled and sighed brathing in to calm her self " it looks to be a beautiful day, as you say if cold." she chukled gwntly wrapping her arms around his waist as he stood looking out the window " I love you" she said softly smiling up at him.

When he spoke of Simone and Edwards non traditional wedding plans she smiled " well as long as its perfect for them thats all that counts right." she said
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Page 56 of 100 Previous  1 ... 29 ... 55, 56, 57 ... 78 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top