LONDON CALLING - Page 36
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

LONDON CALLING - Page 36 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

LONDON CALLING

Page 36 of 100 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 68 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

LONDON CALLING - Page 36 Empty Re: LONDON CALLING

Post by Robert Lupin Tue Sep 20, 2022 12:22 am

"Rowan, can you make a sandwich?" Michael laughed. "It's a sandwich." He got up, sandwiched bacon between two slices of eggy bread, and added jam, butter and syrup and handed it to him.

Kate cut her eggy bread into little cubes and put hers in a bowl, put the fruit salad on top and a spoon of jam.

"I'll take care of that, Jess," Robert said. "You're not the only one they've done that to, and its time I put a stop to it."

Angus saw Abbey arrive in the kitchen, and he asked Andrew to make her a plate by cutting her bread into soldiers for her and putting her syrup in a pinch bowl for her to dip her syrup. Andrew did just that and added a little dish of fruit salad on the side. Abbey climbed up on Angus's lap, and Andrew put the plate down on the table in front of her, as Angus moved his plate to the side to accommodate her.

"I haven't seen you in days," Angus told her.

"Daddy and Mama tooked me to school yesterday."

"Oh. That must have been exciting," he said.

"I hate it," she said, scowling.

"You hate it? Why?"

"I no like it. I no like the lady. I no like the kids, I no like the food. I no like the toys.  I no like it at all. I go'ed once. I no go no more," she said.

"It didn't go well," Brian sighed, coming into the dining room. "Not well at all.  She wanted absolutely nothing to do with it. Got herself in quite a snit. I don't think she'll be accepted there, even if we tried."

"Oh dear," Angus said. "Did you have a temper tantrum, Abs?"

"Tantrum? She had a complete meltdown," Brian said. "Khaat's called the whole thing off for now."

"You call it off, and you might as well plan on homeschooling her for life," Robert said. "Separation anxiety--that's all it is. Try again. And next time, take Angus with you. he can help reinforce the positives for you. A little extra support can be a very good thing."

"Nope, nope, nope. I no go. No go no more," Abbey said. "Did it already. No do it again."

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3100
Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Tue Sep 20, 2022 12:30 am

Rowan chuckled at Michael and nodded " yep I can make sandwiches" he said " but none taste as good as when you make them" he said smiling at Michael. Jack rolled his eyes then smiled as he saw Abby come down to eat then pulled a face as she said she wouldn't go to school again just after one day. " oh boy terrible threes" he said softly " I rember ours doing the same at her age, but then they made freinds and found things they liked, Roberts right though don't give in on the first day" he said sipping his coffee as Jess nodded.

Ruby looked at Angus and smiled knowing eventualy they would have this issue when their child was old enough but then she though maybe they wouldn't and he or she would enjoy school. " maybe I coul come tomorrow and help" she said " sine in three years we'll be loking at school our selves." she chuckled.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 4246

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Tue Sep 20, 2022 12:47 am

"Well, if she's accepted in any school, it's only going to be for the mornings for the first year anyway, so we're going to need help from everyone to help take her in the mornings and pick her up at lunch time and bring her home," Brian said. "So I'm sure if you want to go with us to whatever school we try next, that would be fine, Ruby."

"I. No. Go!" she fairly shouted at Brian.

"Abigail," Robert reprimanded her sharply, "No. Absolutely not. You will not talk to your daddy that way. You know better. Now, you tell him you're sorry." She was going to scramble off Angus's lap and run off, and Angus wrapped his arms around her tightly. She started to cry, and cuddled into him, and the moment she did, it made sense to him.

"Was it scary?" he asked her very softly. She paused a moment and then she nodded. "Yeah," he replied, "I understand that, but you can't talk like that to your daddy. Tell your daddy you're sorry, and then you and I will talk." It took her a moment but she finally got out a whimpered statement to Brian.

"Sowwy, Daddy," she said,, playing with Angus's fingers, unable to look at Brian.

"Thank you, Abbey," Brian said. Angus took Abbey into the living room and talked to her for a little. When they came back, she was much better. Angus set her back in front of her breakfast.

"Brian, might we have a word after breakfast?" Angus asked. "Seems there may be more to the story"

"Certainly," Brian said.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Tue Sep 20, 2022 1:27 am

Ruby nodded then looked to Angus with Abby she could see something else in her eys but knew Angus would find out, he was good that way. " I would love to come" she said then listened to Angus talk to Abby and repermand her gently in how she spoke to Brian. It was a few moments late they returned from the other room and she opologised to Brian " wow that was quick" Ruby said as she looked at him " what you say to her?" she asked " just so I know what to say at a time like this" she said smiling.

"Shouldn't you be going to the farm with Robert?" Rowan spoke up and looked at Robert " and where is Marcus?" he asked looking around not having seen teh man in some time. Jess looked at Robert and breathed out.

"Thank you becuse their not listening to me any time soon" she said finishing her food and placing her plate into the sink.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Tue Sep 20, 2022 1:57 am

"Simone and I will go ahead with Kate," Edward said. "We've got a little time yet, Rowan. We don't need to be there til nine. You two come when you can."

"Marcus is coming," Robert said. "I had him out on something else very early this morning, but he'll be here. If he runs late, trust me, Kate can be very formidable ally. She can stand in for Marcus until he comes back since she's going along anyway."

"Don't worry about that, Jess," Robert told Jess. "It'll be the last time they do that or they won't work for us anymore. It isn't the first time they've done it but it will be the last. Let them finish their breakfasts in the meantime, Rowan."

"Kate," Angus said, "would you be so kind as to take Abbey for just a wee moment, so I can talk to Brian, please?"

"Of course," Kate said. She took Abbey from Angus and walked outside with her, talking to her quietly.

"You didn't get the full story, Mate," Angus told Brian. "She evidently was playing with a little boy there and had a bit of a conversation with him."

"Yeah, they were observing her with others, and it was about that time she got all fussy," Brian said.

"Yes, she did, but did you find out why?"

"No, they just seemed to get into a bit of a disagreement."

"No. He told her that he didn't like it there because he lived with his mommy and daddy until he started school there, and then one day, they took him to a different home, with strangers, and he hasn't been home since. Sounds like child welfare of some sort to me. But what she heard, clearly, was that if she went to school, she would wouldn't come back here and wouldn't see any of us ever again. It scared the daylights out of her."

"She didn't say a word to us about that," Brian frowned. "How was it she told you?"

"I asked her," Angus shrugged. He wanted to tell Brian that he hadn't been embarrassed by Abbey's behaviors and he had only been interested in finding out why it had bothered her so. He couldn't have cared less about looking proper to someone else. He was interested in one thing--why she had been upset.

"I'll talk to Khaat, and we'll talk to Abbey later," he said, checking his watch. "Damn. I need to go. I have a meeting first thing at the auror offices. Thanks Angus. Do we have a sitter for Abbey today?"

"She can come with me," Angus said. "She'll be fine. Go ahead."

"Thanks," Brian said. "I owe you." He drew his wand and apparated out. It wasn't two minutes before Marcus arrived and handed Robert a wooden box.

"Thank you."

"Shall I put it in your room?"

"I'll take it up," Robert said. "And then I'm off to the St Mungos. Rowan is ready to go, and I think Angus and Abbey are finishing their last couple bites of breakfast."

"We're ready to go,' Edward said. "Come on, Rowan. Angus and Ruby will be right behind us."

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Tue Sep 20, 2022 2:25 am

Ruby watched and listened to Angus and sighed, knowing that there are always two sides to a problem and hearing it always helps solve an issue but she was glad that it was resolved to a point. Rowan watched as Marcus arrived and he nodded to him " Marcus" he said simply as he moved to stand with Michael he looked over and chuckled " see you there." he said and operated out with Micahel to the farm.

"Ruby sat confused a little, " I thought we were going together?" she said but just chuckled as she waited for Angus and Abby. Ruby moved to the kitchen to clean up a little while she waited for them to be finished. She started making some cinimon buns while she waited for them so they could go to Roberts farm.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Tue Sep 20, 2022 2:38 am

"We are," Angus replied to Ruby. "Edward did say we'd be right behind them, after all, remember? I think Edward decided to just go ahead and go so that it eased Rowan a bit. Rowan did seem a bit antsy." Kate came in with Abbey, and Angus took her on his lap. "Abbey's going to come with us," Angus told her. He wasn't really sure why she was confused, so he just chalked it up to perhaps a little baby brain.

"I can bring Abbey back here with me when you're all done with the wedding planner so that you don't have to drag her to London with you,"" Kate said.

"She'd be welcome to come, but it would probably bore her stiff," Angus said.

"Exactly. I'll bring her home," Kate said.

"We're ready when you are, Marcus," Angus said.

"I'm just the bodyguard," Marcus smiled. "You tell me when you want to go, not the other way around. If you're ready, we'll go." When they were all ready, Marcus helped Angus to the all terrain chair and then apparated them all to Robert's farm.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Tue Sep 20, 2022 2:47 am

Ruby nodded to Angus and smiled as she moved over to him " yeah I remember , sorry, I think with the wedding come ing up its making my brain confused " she said with a chukle as she took hold of his hand as Marcus ported them over to Roberts farm. Once there she went to find Simone and Kate. " hi simone anything you need me to do?" she asked not quite sure what she was ment to do since Angus hand Abby and well she knew Michael would be in the kitchen cooking.

Rowan looked round the farm , it was just as impresive as Brians place was. He paused as he looked at the assault course " huh, Marcus whats that for?" he asked " I know Brian has one at his for trainning but why does Robert have one?" he asked " I thought he was not trainning any one here?" Rowan was impressed with the build but confused as to why he ahd it at the farm and not just the one at Brians.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:34 pm

"Not right now, thanks," Simone said. "Natalie should be here any minute. We're going to walk out with Kate to where that spot is that Remus liked so well so Natalie can see it. She'll handle whatever decorating we're doing, and she'll help the caterer set up wherever they're going to cook and wherever we're going to eat. So, I'm sure we'll talk today about the number of people, the colors, the decorations, the flowers, the theme, where we're all going to get ready at, whether we're going to want stylists here to do makeup and hair for you and me, weather contingency plans, all of that. I don't look for it to be a long meeting, but it will be full of all sorts of decisions. Once we have that done, then you and Angus will be free to go elsewhere."

As she was speaking, a woman with dark hair apparated in. She close to Simone's age, but she didn't look it. She was strikingly beautiful and she was dressed in a very bohemian style, with white tunic blouse embroidered with colorful flowers, tucked into a long billowy skirt in a red fabric with blue flowers, with a pair of granny boots. She had layers of mystic jewelry around her neck. She had a purple shawl, and she wore a lovely tan suede fedora.

"Natalie!" Simone was excited to see her. Edward recognized her at once. Simone went over to Natalie and hugged her. Edward went over and embraced her.

"God, it's been years," Edward said. "You never age a day."

"And you are still a terrible liar," she laughed. "Simone, I was so surprised to get your letter. You and Edward, of all people. I would never have thought of you two as a couple, but I can't remember the last time I saw either of you this happy."

"It's wonderful," Simone said.

"How's the divination business?" Edward asked her.

"Same old thing," she shrugged. "So introduce me? Who do you have with you?"

"This is my grandson, Angus," Edward said.

"Angus, you're...which one are you again?" she was trying to place it.

"Benjamin's eldest," Edward said. "He lived with Caprice and me."

"Oh my word," Natalie said. "This cannot be the same dark haired little charmer that was always at your side."

"The very same," Edward laughed. "Angus, this is the woman you called Nat, that always brought you the amaretti cookies."

"Aunt Nat?" Angus asked. He had always known she wasn't really an aunt, but they had called her Aunt Nat. She leaned down and gave him a big hug and a kiss on the cheek.

"And this is his fiancee, Ruby," Edward said. "She's the maid of honor for this wedding."

"So nice to meet you,"  Natalie said.

"And this is Kate Lupin. This is her home, her's and Robert Lupin's."

"Minister Lupin? That Lupin?"

"Yes, indeed," Edward said.

"This is not what I pictured for him," she laughed. "I didn't picture him living on farm. Nice to meet you, Mrs. Lupin."

"Call me Kate," Kate said. "Very few people would picture him on a farm, quite honestly."

"So where are you thinking we should do this?" Natalie said.

"This way," Edward said, motioning to her, walking towards the spot that everyone who had been here seemed to favor.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:46 pm

Ruby saw the woman aperate in and she smiled at her shaking her hand "hi, nice to meet you" she said simply as Angus and the others knew her bette than she did. She listened to her talking to Simone "Maybe we could ask her to do our weding" she whispered to Angus before Angus was introduced to her and realised he knew her from when he was younger. Rowan walked over to stand with them but just behind them both looking at the new woman in the group. 

He'd heard Angus call her auntie and wondered if that was true as she loked about his age too, if not a year or two older." Hi Im Rowan, Michael Tramaines son" he introduced himself with a braod smile and a gentle hand shake.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Page 36 of 100 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 68 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top