LONDON CALLING - Page 32
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

LONDON CALLING - Page 32 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

LONDON CALLING

Page 32 of 100 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 66 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

LONDON CALLING - Page 32 Empty Re: LONDON CALLING

Post by Robert Lupin Sat Sep 17, 2022 10:38 pm

"I have no idea," Angus said, "but Kate seems to think rustic and pretty will be amazing."

Michael arrived and motioned to Simone, who got up and went with him. They went out on the porch and whispered to one another for a moment, and she seemed to be very happy with whatever he said to her. They came back in, and Angus seemed to have a rough idea of what might have just happened. He believed that she had talked to Michael about some sort of special gift from the bride to her groom. That got him thinking. He and Ruby were going to have to come up with something for them. Something memorable.

"Wedding gift," he said very softly to Ruby, softly enough that only she could hear him. "From the four of us to them. Something special--memorable. Got any ideas?"

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3100
Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sat Sep 17, 2022 10:45 pm

Ruby watched Simone and Michael whispering then heard Angus and shook her head " sorry not a one," she said " I'm guessing they have their honeymoon sorted " she said" and anything else would seem cheap, so I have to do idea" she said sitting down next to Angus and Andrew then looked at Angus " you have any ideas?" she asked, " it would have to be really special." She looked from ont to the other but stayed quiet hoping ether would have an idea. " I'll leave it to you" she told Angus "you know what Edward likes the most."
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 4796

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Sat Sep 17, 2022 10:54 pm

"I asked him about that," Angus said, frowning slightly. "He said they're not going right now. I asked him why, and he said they both agree that right now, while Gelding is in such a damned snit, he doesn't think it's safe for them to go. You know what that means. He's not afraid for himself or Simone. He knows they're not targets. I think they're not going because he believes that by making moves to take the boys from them forever, Gelding is going to be hunting me more than usual. He just doesn't want to go very far right now. I don't want him thinking he has to babysit me, Ru. He doesn't see it as babysitting, but if I were on my feet, he'd be going, I think.

"Anyway, I was thinking that perhaps if I surprised them with accommodations and such, even if it means I have to ask Robert what I could do, in terms of security, long enough for them to go on a bit of a trip, maybe I could still get them to go. Suppose it's worth talking to Robert or Michael about? Or should I leave well enough alone for now and look at some other gift? I mean, I know somewhere upstairs he's got his gardening notebook, and I know he always has a list of plants he wants for the garden and can't find. Maybe I could hire someone to find all those ruddy plants and enlarge the garden for them."

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sat Sep 17, 2022 11:21 pm

Ruby looked an Angus and smiled "let's do that for them, show them we are safe even if they take two weeks out, they need a honeymoon" she said " but where?" she asked " maybe someplace not too far away but still romantic." Ruby said as Rowan passed by them .

"what about my cottage in cornwall" he said looking sown at then while he sippedhis coffee " well Its on the coast, Im here so you could use that, being on the coast its pretty romantic, Dad can tell you about that" he smirked looking over at Michael " HEY , DAD, you'd be oksy ..." Ruby stood up and put her hand over his mouth 

"do not shout it out , just incase we take it." she said softly to him and he nodded so she moved her hand.

"you know your hand tastes like lemons?" he said as Ruby wiped her hand on her jeans.

"eew" she said and looekd at Angus again " could be an option."
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Sat Sep 17, 2022 11:37 pm

"Yes, it could be," Angus said. "That might be very nice, and they wouldn't be so far that they'd be on the continent. If they needed to come back, it would just be a quick apparating spell either for them to get home or for us to get to them. I think they'd be happy with just a few days. I don't think either of them would stay away for a couple weeks, but they might stay away for four or five days. I think a week would be about tops for them. And, if we did that, we could still expand their garden with his hard-to-find plants while they were gone. I think that would be great.

"Now, not trying to change the subject but I guess I am. Since we've had this fire, we will need to either restore the nursery like you had it, or, since we'll need to replace some of the things I bought that got destroyed, we'll have to either replace them or we'll have to restore them. It's your chance to do the nursery any way you want. Start from scratch if you like. Toss out whatever is damaged, and we'll start again, if you want. It's your choice. I've set up a joint account for us at Gringotts, and it has ample funds in there, more than enough to do that. I'll get you a key to that vault so you have it. I have a couple other vaults but because they're tied in with the Tuscany businesses, its still easier for now to leave them as they are and deposit money into the joint account whenever we want. But, don't think that the joint account is the end of it, because it isn't. I have an appointment at Gringotts in a couple days to set up two more accounts--one for Sam, and one for Victor. I'm not going to load it up with tons of money, but I will put some cash in there so that there is at least some money for each of them. I'm going to treat them better than Reginald did, and hopefully, right from the start.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sun Sep 18, 2022 12:05 am

Ruby looked at Angus and smiled as did Rowan " well its there when you need it I can have one of my guys head there and make sure it's clean and ready for them." he said showing a set of keys to Angus. Ruby listened to Angus and thought about the nursery and shook her head.

"No, I'd like it back the way it was, I loved what you did to it," she said as she listened to him talk again about accounts. She nodded and smiled " you are already doing much better than reg." she told him smiling as she kissed his cheek " as for the accounts thats fine, thats your choice and well I suport that." she told him " but I would set and age when they can access it though" she sugested " but Im guesing you thought of that already" she added
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Sun Sep 18, 2022 12:22 am

"Thanks, Rowan," Angus smiled. "It's a great idea. I appreciate it." He listened to Ruby talk about putting the nursery back the way it was. "That's fine with me. If that's what you want, that's what we'll do. As for the boys, I had thought about the age stipulation. I know that's common. I just hadn't decided exactly whether I was going to actually do it or not, but I think you're probably right. If they're on the up and up with us, if they need something, we'll be taking care of it for them for awhile yet anyway."

He saw Kate and Simone starting to clean up the lunch dishes.

"Oh, there's my cue," Angus said. "I promised Id make fresh pasta for supper tonight. So, if you had your choice, what shape would you prefer--fettucini, pappardelli, gnocci, ravioli, or tortellini? I could do other shapes but those seem to be some of the most popular. I think Michael is going to do two or three different sauces. I want to get the pasta done in good time so I have time to do maybe a salad, some garlic breadsticks, and maybe a dessert if I manage my time well. I think there maybe is some bread dough in the freezer that I could use for the breadsticks if it thaws in time."

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sun Sep 18, 2022 11:45 am

Rowan nodded and smiled "it's okay I don't use it that much anymore  since mom passed, I'll have someone hed down and spring clean it and get it ready for them." he picked up a note pad and wrote a note then sent it threw the flew. " I have a good freind down there , him and his wife will clean it ." He said and placed the note pad back where he picked it up. Ruby smiled at how considerate Rowan was and then she listened to Angus talk about accounts for the boys. She agreed they needed stability and to be shown that Angus was not like Reginald in any shape or form. She chuckled as he spoke enthusiastikly about making pastaand the diferent kinds.

" I love Ravioli" she said "mostly becuse of th different fillings you can get " she smiled looking at Rowan " what about you?" she asked him. Rowan shrugged his shoulders with a smile.

"I like all pasta if its cooked right" he said "it dosn't matter about the dish if the ingridiates are excelent quality it shows, right Angus" he said with a quick glance to Micahel as he spoke.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 4238

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Sun Sep 18, 2022 6:25 pm

"Thanks," Angus said. "If they decide to go, Ill order some groceries and provisions for them, and maybe I can have someone take them to the house the day before Edward and Simone arrive so the house is stocked for them with things they like."

He listened to Ruby talk about ravioli. He had to agree. He liked that too. He agreed to make ravioli, and then, just as an alternative, he decided to make some fettuccini for those who wanted perhaps more of a traditional, long pasta shape. Andrew helped him get out the ingredients for pasta dough, and Angus mixed it and rolled it out by hand. He cut the pasta into sheets, folded the sheets, and cut the dough into thin strips for handmade, handcut fettuccini. He had Andrew spread the fettuccini onto sheet pans to set out to dry. Then he took more sheets and used them to make handmade ravioli. He designed a filling that was a unique filling of half meatball and half of a blend of five different Italian cheese, so that each bite of a ravioli would be a layer of meatball filling on the bottom and a layer of cheese on top of the meat filling, all sealed in pasta dough. He decided to make them small--so each ravioli was a little one-bite perfection. He made them into little bite sized squares, and sealed them, and then cut them with a fluted pastry wheel.

"Angus, those are top notch," Michael said, starting on the tomato sauce. He had made a large bunch of mini meatballs that were only about an inch in diameter, and he was going to make a marinara sauce and an alfredo sauce. "So what are you going to do now?"

"A dessert, I think," Angus said. He made a lemon almond ricotta cake and some fresh lemon ice cream. By then, he was tired.  It had been a lot of hard work. Andrew urged Angus to take a break. He suggested Angus change to his swim trunks and go sunbathe on the patio near the pool. The moment Angus got comfortable in the lounge chair near the pool, he dozed off.

Edward and Simone had talked at length about their first marriages, their first loves who had passed--Edward's beloved Caprice, and Simone's precious Maurice. Edward and Simone had both loved deeply and dearly, and now, they were entering marriage again. They wanted to honor their first spouses in a moment of respect. They wanted to travel together, just the two of them, first to Tuscany and then to the Cotswolds, taking flowers, to spend a moment at Caprice's grave and a moment then at Maurice's, to lay flowers and to spend a moment, for them to both honor Caprice and Maurice and acknowledge that they both knew that no one could replace Caprice or Maurice but neither did they want to be alone for the rest of their lives. It was a way of finding closure for their first marriages so they would be free to move on. They slipped away from the estate late in the day, as Angus was resting, to buy the flowers. They would go to Tuscany and the Cotswolds tomorrow after they finished with the wedding designer at Robert's farm in the morning.

They had, together chosen two different bouquets--Edward would leave a bouquet of red roses and calla lilies for Caprice--symbolizing a passionate love, marriage and fidelity. And for Maurice he would leave a bouquet of pink roses and pink carnations--symbolizing friendship and gratitude. He did feel gratitude at Maurice's taking such good care of Simone that now she could be part of the Donohue family. Simone chose to leave the roses and lily bouquet for Maurice and chose to leave the pink roses and pink carnations for Caprice.

Edward had gone one step further. He now sent letters to his two brothers and two sisters, and letters to his five living children, as well as his closest friends to announce his upcoming marriage to Simone and their new house in England and their decision to split their time between England and Tuscany. He also explained Angus's recent near death experience and his current limitations, along with the fact that Angus was, finally, and for the first time, engaged, and was also, for the first time, expecting the birth of his first child and his adoption of Ruby's brothers. He was not asking permission of his children. He felt no need for their approval. He asked his children to spread the word to the grandchildren so he didn't have to write to all 21 grandchildren. He had also asked his siblings to spread the word through their children and grandchildren. If he had written a letter to each of them, he would have had to write 141 letters, and he had no intention of inviting them all. He was clear that he loved them all but because of the size of the family, he was going to simply not have a large wedding. He was going to have just a very tiny wedding and then he and Simone would try to have a casual family reunion/wedding reception at a later date at Edward's main house in Tuscany. Simone had sent family letters to her son, her daughter in law and their two children, and also to her daughter, her son in law and their three children, making sure to address the letters also to her grandchildren, and she had sent letters to her friends as well.

The responses started flowing in immediately. Simone's son and daughter both sent letters, and they appeared to be both surprised and delighted. Their letters were warm and encouraging, and they both said they thought it was high time that she stopped hiding herself away in grief and started living again. They hoped to soon meet what they could only believe had to have been some exceptional man to have finally captured their mother's heart.

Edward's children were also surprised. Edward had noticed something in their letters. Without Benjamin and Eileen to keep the evil going in the family, his children and grandchildren seem to have mellowed and had perhaps started to come to their senses. It apparently had been Evan that had made mention to his aunts and uncles and siblings and cousins that he suspected that Edward had been, basically, driven away from Tuscany back to England because Angus offered him closeness, honesty, love, and a sense of family and belonging. Angus wasn't hitting Edward up for money or anything else for that matter.  The family seemed to be completely thunderstruck that there was a new woman in Edward's life at all. Edward's two brothers and sisters were delighted and sent letters saying it was well overdue for him to find love. Most of them had recalled meeting Simone and Maurice at various charity events through the years. They remembered of her being a lovely woman that was kind and charitable, outgoing and very down to earth. They thought she was a perfect match for Edward. They were hoping that perhaps all the siblings could do a long weekend, without all the young people. Edward and Simone loved that idea.

Edward's children were surprised too. They hadn't seen any idea of romance ever being back in his life again. Some of them knew of Simone, a couple had met her and Maurice at charity events. They had not imagined anyone replacing their mother, but Edward had been clear that she was not replacing Caprice. He was clear about how much he would always love Caprice, despite her passing. They were hoping to meet her soon. The grandchildren and great grandchildren were all far more open minded, and they were starting to send letters of their own, congratulating Edward and Caprice.

They were also sending wedding gifts of all sorts. They were arriving in a steady stream. Kate saw at once that between family and friends, the new Donohues were going to receive a literal mountain of gifts. After all, between Edward and Caprice they had almost 150 family members, and that didn't include all their friends. Kate believed they were going to need a room just for holding the gifts until Simone and Edward got to them. Kate decided that they could use the home movie theater in the basement, and she went to Jack.

"Jack, could you and Jessie lend me a hand, please?" Kate asked him. "Edward and Simone sent letters to their family and friends to announce their wedding, and we're going to be drowning in wedding gifts. Edward has about 145 family members, and Simone has a son, a daughter, and five grandchildren. And they both have countless friends. We're going to have an ocean of gifts. I think we're going to have to have one room to somehow put them in and organize them. Can you perhaps shrink the chairs in the movie room downstairs and move them elsewhere? I know there are some of those 6 foot long folding banquet tables in the loft in the barn. Can you get a few of those and set them up along the walls down there? I'll talk to Ruby since she's the maid of honor. She may want to take charge of organizing gifts herself. I did buy them a wedding gift log book so I'll see if she wants to use it or if she has a better idea."

She went to Ruby then, and said, "Ruby, so you know, Edward and Simone have sent letters to their family members and friends telling them about the upcoming wedding, and we're starting to see a steady arrival of wedding gifts. Remember, Edward has almost 150 family members, and Simone has another 6 or 7. And that doesn't begin to count business associates and friends. We're going to be awash in a sea of wedding gifts very, very soon. I've asked Jack and Jessie to move the furniture out of the movie studio downstairs and to set up several of the big six foot banquet tables down there. I bought a wedding gift log book for them to use, unless you've already bought one. Do you want to take charge of organizing the gifts, or do you want several of us to work together on that? Or what are your thoughts? You are the maid of honor, after all. That should be your call."

"Kate?" Michael called from upstairs. "New gift category coming in from Tuscany. 'Happy Gotcha Day gifts for the boys and for Angus and Ruby for their adoption of the boys."

"Oh boy. Hadn't thought about that," Kate said. "Until your duplex is finished, Ruby, we're going to have to separate those out. Maybe we can put them in the same room but on the other side of the room. I don't know. Thoughts?"

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:46 pm

Both Jessie and Jack nodded and headed down to the movie room taking the seats they shrunk them down and stored them in a cupboard out of the way. Ruby heard Kate and listened " um. yeah, I agree, I'll get the boys on it," she said then heard her mention gifts for the boys " split the room, gifts for the guys on the right, those for bride and groom on the left," she said " that would work." she said drawing out a table plan for the gifts and marking down what table is for what person. 

"How's this look," she said handing it to Kate " I'm not much of a planner." she admited then saw Angus making the pasta " they look delishious" she said with a smile. Jessie and Jack returned from the movie room and looked at the table plan.

"okay were on the table duty" Jack said and showed Jessie where the fold out tables were. Ruby picked up several table cloths and moved down to the movie room to lay them out on the tables befoe placing down signs to let peole know what table was for who.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 4238

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 100 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 66 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top