LONDON CALLING - Page 3
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

LONDON CALLING - Page 3 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

LONDON CALLING

Page 3 of 100 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 51 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

LONDON CALLING - Page 3 Empty Re: LONDON CALLING

Post by Robert Lupin Sat Sep 03, 2022 10:43 pm

Robert looked at the key and studied it. "Michael, can you date this key?" Robert asked. "Hello, Rowan. Thank you for coming. Can you reinforce security outside here on the grounds for the next little bit?" Michael took the key and looked at it.

"Hm," Michael said. "The ridiculous amount of filigree tells me it's Edwardian. And that makes whatever lock it goes to approximately 1890's to 1910."

"Which makes the building we're looking for to be Edwardian too," Kate said.

"Not necessarily," Michael said. "It could be Regency or Victorian with a lock that was replaced in the Edwardian period. Or..." He levitated the key in the air and cast a reveal spell on it. It gave off to him a blue glow of sorts. "Ah ha," Michael said. "It's a bloody portkey.

"Bloody moron. Brought us a map and a portkey," Robert rolled his eyes.

"Brian," Robert said. "Edward and Michael and Jack and I are going to follow on this trail. I think you and Jessie should double check our shields and our unplottable spell. Keep us secure. And, Brian, check Andrew. Make sure he's alright."

"We've got it, Robert. Go get Angus back. He doesn't have his chair, so even if he gets the chance to escape, he's not going to be able to make use of it."

"He will try," Edward said. "I know m grandson. If there is any way at all, he will try."

"Let's go check out this resort," Michael said. "Shall we try this portkey and see if it takes us to this resort in Bordeaux?"

"Lead on, Michael," Edward said, assembling with Michael and Robert and Jack.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3100
Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sat Sep 03, 2022 10:52 pm

Rowan nodded and motioend to his men to reinforce the spells and patrol with the reguler men. " reports every half hour not compermises" he said they all nodded and dipersed to go on patrol Rowan looked at Jessie who was frowning as he looekd at him " hey Im on your side here" he said walking to stand where robert and the others were studying the key. He caught a look at the brochure and frowned " I know that place my mother use to take me there when I was younger when she worked there."

Jack looked at Rowan and nodded " all right " he said and took hold of the key, then the others " here we go" he said but just as they ported Rowan grabbed Jacks arm and was ported with them to indeed resort in Bordeaux. Jack looked at Rowna and growled " do not do that again." Rowan stepped back his hands raised.

"hey I use to lay here and a kid, I know some secret entrances and the staff corridors." he told them "  by the way I didn't intent to come , your the impatiant one here" he said Robert and Michael.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 4796

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Sat Sep 03, 2022 11:13 pm

"Shut it, both of you," Robert told them. "This is no time for infighting. We'll settle any housekeeping things later. We're now on mission time. Get your heads in the game, wands at the ready. No movements in until I say so. Scout the area. Do your best to not be seen. We won't go in until I'm sure that we know if there are sentries, and if there are, we need to know where they are and how many there are. Stay within eyesight and earshot."

Angus woke up laying in rank, filthy water. He was lying in the cellar of some sort of delapidated building. It clearly did not look safe, and it stunk. He wasn't bound in any way, and he guessed they figured since he had been in a wheelchair, he was trapped by his own limitations. He had to get out. He got to his feet, and tried to force himself to walk. He could take a couple steps, but he fell again. He made himself get up, walk a couple more steps, and he fell again. This wasn't going to get him much of anyplace, he knew. He knew he would be quicker to crawl. He took off his shirt and, using a shard of broken glass, he wrapped it around his hands to try to protect them from the sharp pieces of glass and rubble in the water, and he started to crawl.

"He's here," Edward said suddenly, looking around for Robert. He saw Michael. "I can feel him."

"Are you sure?" Michael asked.

"Positive," Edward said, wanting to go into the resort right now. Michael laid his hand on Edward's shoulder.

"Calm. We'll get him. Safety first. We don't need ambushed. We need to be sure we can get in without being taken or hurt or killed in the process. Let's make sure we've at least scouted it out, shall we?" Michael said. "We're with you--all the way. We aren't going to stop until we get him out and get him home."

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sat Sep 03, 2022 11:35 pm

Jack looked at Rowan and sighed nodding to Robert knowing he was right but it was Rowan who answered " yes sir, I'll scout the left." he said softly and listened to the others talking. Taking out his wand he knew Jack used one but sometimes choose not to. he cast an invisibility charm and slowly moved to the left and around the complex he found an old door but it made too much noise as he tied to move it seeing a broken windown he peeked inside, he could hear voices echoing but none he could understand. 

Jack in the meantime had at first shaken his hed at Rowans disapearance but then understood it masked him so he wouldn't be spotted too quickly. He moved to the right around a small broken water feature as he moved some one moved by a window and he ducked down. Taking in a deep breath he huffed he could smell several scents in the air including Angus's which ws faint meaning he as on the far side of the building. Returning he found Rowan already there and waiting " okay ten maybe more men, hes definatly here I could smell him too , hes on the far side of the resort, his scent is faint " Jack told Robert.

Rowan revealed himself and nodded " theres an open door to the left but we'd have to use muffle to enter as it is rusted badly." he told him his wand now in his hand it was a Alder wood wand with a thunderbird feather core. He saw Jack looking at his wand and chuckled " my mom said my father had one just like it, seems to work great for me." he said as Jack tok out his and held it at the ready.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Sat Sep 03, 2022 11:52 pm

Edward had gone to the right, and Robert had taken a central hallway. Edward wasn't finding much of anything except filth, spiders, spiderwebs, and lots of mold and mildew. Edward could feel Angus was here, and he could feel that he had gotten perhaps closer, but not close enough. He needed to keep looking.

Robert had found what had probably been the main lobby and it seemed to be a common area now for the sentries. He saw at least eight that he could count, but he thought perhaps there were maybe at least a couple more.

Michael had found a very unsafe downward stairway and had gone down them, one careful step at a time, wishing he had thought to bring Hiss with him. He heard water dripping steadily. It wasn't uncommon here, but it alerted him that there was probably some weakened foundations. He saw that he was entering a portion of the place that stored old unused doors and windows and furniture. There was rubble and glass and shards of wood everywhere. And water. The cellar had water in it.

Angus saw red welling up from the water, and he wondered what the hell was in this brackish water with him. He sat up and, lifting his hands out of the water, he saw that all he was looking at was the blood from his own hands from running into the broken glass. He took a couple deep breaths to calm himself. He was exhausted already, and he hadn't even managed to cross the room. In all fairness, it was a huge room, but still, if he had been fully mobile, he'd have gotten out of here in a moment or two, not crawling like a toddler in filthy water. He had visions of getting some foul disease from having open wounds in this stench. He coughed, the dank, moldy air starting to get to him. He hoped to God that Ruby didn't know. He didn't want her panicking, and she panicked rather easily anyway. But he didn't want to add to her distress for any reason. She was already looking at perhaps needing to be up all night by going with Nigel. She didn't need more on her plate. He didn't consider that maybe he wouldn't get out. He believed firmly that he would. But, since he didn't know where he was, he had no idea what it was going to take to get home, especially with no magic.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sun Sep 04, 2022 12:03 am

Rowan and Jack moved towards the Broken old door Rown cast the muffle spell while Jack pulled it open so they could slip inside they entered a damp carpeted corridor, wallpaper peeling and moss growing between the folds " blech this is not good" Rowan said Jack shook his head feeling the damp in the air already. " this way its the celler" he said but the only got part way down before his foot his water " shit flooded" they then backed up back to the corridor. Opening slowly a door they looked in to see a reception desk of sorts. Slipping behind it two men walked to stand with there backs to it.

"on the count of three" jack said softly and he began counting down with his fingers , quickly and quietly they grabbed both men hands covering the mens mouths and pulled them over the desk knocking them out as they did so. Tieing them up with tehr eown shoe laces they both moved around till they found another door and headed down to another large water filled room Rowan saw Michael and someone in a crawling position and quickly made his way over while Jack kept watch " thank god" he said placing his arm under Angus's arm to help him stand " now what?" he asked " port abck out or out the way we came in?" he asked asd Jack moved and took his other side.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Sun Sep 04, 2022 12:13 am

"How did you ever find me?" Angus asked, out of breath, soaking wet with the putrid water he'd been knocking about in. He felt completely drained. Michael caught up with them.

"Thank heavens you're in one piece," Michael said to Angus. He saw Angus's wrapped hands, and he unwrapped them quickly and saw bits of broken glass and wood splinters and all sorts of things imbedded. He knew that would take some time. Robert would have to take all those things out by hand to be sure he got them all. There was no quick healing spell for that, sadly enough. Michael reached up and sent a signal with his medallion to the others--a signal that all was well. He hoped that the all was well signal that they would interpret it that they had found Angus.

And that was exactly how Robert and Edward interpreted it. They both apparated out of the resort and positioned themselves in the same spot that they had apparated in at, and they awaited the others.

"I sent the all clear to Robert and Edward," Michael said. "If I know Robert, he'll return to where we apparated in at. I suggest we apparate there or they'll come back in looking for us. Do you need a hand, or do you have him?"

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sun Sep 04, 2022 12:29 am

Rowan and Jack looked at each other " we got him" they said together Rowan took out his wand and held it ready in case any of the men tried to follow or herd and wanted a fight. Jack ported all of them back to their start point and sat Angus down. Jack took out a first aid kit he'd brought with him and handed it to Rowan who now knelt beside Angus.

"I know how to do field dressings " he said placing down his wand next to his leg as he  began cleaning Angus's hands before washing them in clean water from a bottle he had in his back pocket, " what one of the men had it thought it might come in useful...and it did" he said with a lopsides grin, Rowan then wrapped Angus's hands up. " okay that should see you until we can get back and a heeler can look at you" he said while Jack looekd out for Robert.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Sun Sep 04, 2022 12:58 am

"Thanks," Angus said, not knowing who this was, but he was with Jack, so Angus could only interpret that he wasn't an enemy.

Robert saw they apparated back, just a few steps away. He said nothing while Rowan did some rudimentary first aid dressings. That was fine. The quicker that filth was washed off his hands the better. Edward waited his turn. Then he went over to Angus. When Rowan was done, Edward wrapped Angus in a strong hug.

"I'm filthy," Angus gave a weak protest.

"I don't care," Edward said quietly. "Are you alright?"

"Yeah. Yeah, I'm fine," Angus sighed. "Just tired. So tired."

"We'll get you home," Edward said.

"Let's go home," Robert told them. "The quicker, the better. We need to secure the estate as soon as possible, and I need to tend to Angus properly."

"I'm fine, Robert," Angus said.

"I'll determine that for myself, thanks," Robert cast him a bit of a parental smile. "Come on, Lot. We have no more need to be here tonight."

They ported home, and Robert took Angus to sickbay to clean him up and check him out and then tend to him properly. Andrew went over to sickbay and helped Robert clean him up. Angus was just entirely too tired to sit up through Robert's exam and the painstaking process of removing the glass and the splinters. Robert allowed him to stretch out on the exam table, and the moment Angus was lying down, he sank into an exhausted sleep. Robert used just a slight touch of a numbing spell so he didn't wake Angus.

"Shall we take him home when you're finished?" Andrew asked.

"No," Robert said, "I'll either stay with him here, or we'll take him upstairs to his room upstairs. I'm not going to do a lot of shuffling with him tonight. He's been through enough for one night."

"You know Edward won't leave him for a bit, not til he's sure Angus is alright."

"He's fine," Robert said. "The wounds to his hands are all very superficial. I want to be sure his hands aren't going to be infected, so I'll give them at least today to either start to heal or to fester. One or the other. If they start to heal, I'll speed it up and heal them. But, if they get infected from that filth he was in, I'll get more aggressive with the before I close the wounds. I'll know more by either bedtime tonight or tomorrow morning."

When they got back, Michael saw that Brian had security in hand, so he sat down out at the patio and lit up a cigarette, deciding to just take a moment in the quiet and unwind. Edward and Simone joined him. Michael offered Edward a cigarette, and Edward took it. He hadn't smoked much since Simone had come into his life, and he almost didn't smoke at all when he was in England. Tuscany had been different though, and he decided it was the pressure there of disloyal family that he hadn't been able to trust. He had smoked like a chimney there.

"I really will get James," Edward said quietly, seething.

"I'm just glad everyone's alright," Simone said. "This team impresses me. They can handle lifethreatening situations like clockwork. They're all so well trained."

"It's a constant work in progress," Michael told her. "The training never stops, but I think it's what keeps us sharp."

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sun Sep 04, 2022 1:10 am

Jack and Rowan ported Angus back to the main house and down to the sick bay. Laying him down Rowan heard Robert mention the security of the grounds and he nodded but then left to look for his men finding tehm at their posts "nothing to report" one man said " the main crew toughened up the security spells." another spoke and Rowan nodded again. 

"We'll stay till morning then you can head home, thanks for staying." he said and they all smiled and nodded.

"no worries you treat us right when needed so only fare we return it." an older man said and placed his hand on Rowans shoulder. " okay skally wags back to work." he said and they all dispersed back to what they were doing. Jack walked in and up to Jess who was laying with Abby in the playroom " all fine" he said as she smiled in relife as Jack heade down to the sickbay , meeting Rowan on the way down. Together they walked in.

"Securitys tight, spells have been bolstered." Rowan said Jack nodded and said nothing else." How is he?" he asked
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 100 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 51 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top