LONDON CALLING - Page 97
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

LONDON CALLING - Page 97 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

LONDON CALLING

Page 97 of 100 Previous  1 ... 50 ... 96, 97, 98, 99, 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

LONDON CALLING - Page 97 Empty Re: LONDON CALLING

Post by Jessie Tyler Wed Aug 31, 2022 11:20 pm

Ruby nodded and breathed out " that is actualy a weight off my mind" she said smiling as she listened more. Jessie walked in with Jack both talking about the animals. Jess walked bu and Ruby caught her " Roberts wanting you in his office " she said and Jess nodded .

"thanks I'll go now " she said and headed to Roberts office leaving Ruby in the kitchen helping Michael she knocked on his door " you wanted to see me?" she asked stepping in.

Jack and Jessie talked about the griifins and bowtruckles " o, the larger one is the trouble maker the rest just follow his lead" Jessie said but Jack shook his head.

"Nope the felame riles him up " he said poring some coffee" she pushes his butons , surly you saw how she shakes her tail at him" he said Jesie nodded " thats her spreading her se.. scent" he coughed and Jesies eyes went wide.

"shes in heat?" he asked and Jack nodded and Jessie shook his head " explaines things, Hey Michael, Ruby."
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 4796

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Wed Aug 31, 2022 11:41 pm

"Come sit, Jess," Robert motioned to her. "We have a problem, and I'm researching how we got to this point. Somehow, Ruby was sent an appointment reminder of an appointment here at St. Mungos for a prenatal ultrasound scan. We have not ever owned muggle equipment, nor have we ever used it here. What I can tell you is that I've gone through our financial records, and yes, the hospital bought and paid for it. Someone authorized two of our patient rooms to be converted to ultrasound rooms. No one asked me, and I see no authorization from Khaat either. It looks like we've been doing this muggle method clinic for about three months now, so that predates your promotion into your current position. Whoever authorized it has done a pretty good job so far of hiding their trail, but I will have them. Not everyone has those purchase authorization codes, and yes, they are the proper codes. So, someone in a management position has either made a deliberate medical malpractice. Or, we have someone highly incompetent in a position of power here. Either way, I want that clinic shut down today, and I want that equipment ripped out of those room and package up. I will find some way of getting rid of it to a muggle hospital, but it's not staying here. Do your best to find out who all has had appointments with that nonsense and get them rescheduled for a follow up immediately with a qualified healer. And then find out who has appointments coming up and get them rescheduled with a qualified healer too. Let's get on this at once and make sure our pregnant women and babies have the very best medical care we can give, and let's do it stat. Ill keep trying to figure out who created this mess because I want them out. Questions?"

"Hi, Jack and Jessie," Michael said. "How are you two?" He had just spoken when Abbey came running into the house from outside and she had something in her cupped hands.

"Unca Jack! Unca Jack! Lookie! Lookie what I finded. Mama dead. She all deaded. Wassit?" She held out her hands to him, and there were five teeny tiny newborn dormice.

"Are you sure the mama was dead?" Michael asked her, knowing that a mama dormouse would not go far from the next.

"Yah. She gots no head no more," Abbey scrunched up her nose.

"Well, that would do it," Michael said.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3100
Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Wed Aug 31, 2022 11:57 pm

Jess moved and sat with Robert taking out her note book to make notes but as he spoke she sighed and shook her head " I'll get on it imidietly, I know the one you speak of and we didn't send that to Ruby." she said as she listened more to him " all equipment will be returned or donated to a muggle hospital anonomusly." she said marking it in her note book. When he spoke of finding out who higer up had autherised the clinic she nodded " I can have my team look into it further and sent the details to you but I have my eye on some one, hes been spending alittle to much oer his pay grade." she said " Adrian Underwood, head of aministrations and accounting." she said placing the book down on her lap " he has a rep with teh nurses for flirting with tehm even if they don't want it, hes 59 cleanish history but had a few..problems, settled out of court, strangly enough "Jess looked at him.

Jack was about to say thay all was good but Abby ran in. He listened to her and winced " ouch " he said Jessie knelt next to Abby and saw the small babies in her hands.

"okay we need to get them warm , want to come with me to the barn and we can give them a new warm nest" he said picking her up. "I'll show her the incubater for small animals " Jessie said and Jack nodded. Walking into the barn he moved to a side room and opened a sliding door "here , that lamp is warm just like there mother would be, gently put them in" he said taking a stool for her to stand on while he made some substatute milk and began giving each some food. "you did realy good Abby , you want to feed them?" he asked holding the pippet to her so she could feed them drops as he stood with her.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Thu Sep 01, 2022 12:25 am

"If you've found proof that its him, you bring him to me, and we'll handle him together. He risked the lives of mothers and babies. That has to be our top priority. We have to make sure that we get ahold of each of those women and that we get them back in here for a full physical to make sure they're okay. If we need to let Underwood slide until we get ahold of the patients, then that's what we do. Every single one of those patients come first. Then change all the purchase codes and make sure you get a copy of those to me and to Khaat and no one else but the three of us for now. If something needs purchased, we'll authorize it."

Abbey followed Jessie out to the barn, and she watched him get the incubator ready, and she gently put the babies in on the bedding. he made some formula and gave her the option of feeding them. She nodded and stepped in to help.

"Messy eaters," she told Jessie, finding that the newborn dormice had a habit of getting formula all over themselves. "Spills more than they eats. They need bubba baffs." Well, that was how her gran handled it. If she got too messy at a meal, Kate just picked her up and put her in a bubble bath. Why wouldn't it work for the dormice? "Jessie, Gam says Archie and Pip eats mousies. I no want them to eat these mousies."

Meanwhile, Angus had made two versions of an espresso cake--one was a mocha espresso. And the other was a regular espresso cake. He had also made two olive oil cakes. The first olive oil cake was a very traditional olive oil cake with some creamy ricotta cheese and some almond flavor added. The other was his own variation and was an olive oil cake with lemon and rosemary. He wanted a blind taste test, so he sent a couple slivers of each over to Ruby and Michael, labeling the first espresso cake as Cake A, the second as Cake B. He did the same with the olive oil cakes. He labeled the traditional cake as Cake A and the second as Cake B. He wanted them to try them and send him their favorites of each cake.

"What's this?" Michael asked, getting another box from the duplex. "I bet its the candy." He opened the box. "No, it isn't. Ruby, he's sent us cake to try. he's give us two variations of the espresso cake and two different versions of the olive oil cake. He wants us to try them and send him our votes on which espresso cake we both prefer and which olive oil cake we prefer. Do you think you can manage to sample some cake?"

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Thu Sep 01, 2022 12:37 am

Jessie chuckled at Abby " no bubble baths they clean them selves well teh mother would with liking them clean , but since shes not here we have to do it." he took out a damp cloth and wiped them clean handing one to Abby " gently clean them like this" he said and showed her.

Jess nodded to Robet " petiants first " she sid "I'll get them reagranged and with apropriate healers " she said then as he spoke of proof she nodded " hes not in his office this afternoon so I'll take a look then get Rowan Woodward to check out the accounts section, hes been invaluble with helping , hes security for the hospital" she said.

Ruby looked at the scond box that arrived she was a bit confused but chuckled and smiled at the small tater cakes inside " well can't get fat now can I" she chuckled as she took a small piece of the first cake then the second " hum I think the mocha espresso for the first and the second olive oil cake with creamy ricotta cheese and some almond flavor, its subtle but different, but what do you think?" she asked Micheal
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Thu Sep 01, 2022 12:52 am

"That's fine, Jess," Robert told her. "Patient care always, always comes first, no matter what. Everything else, if it isn't direct patient care, is secondary. I call it housekeeping stuff. It really isn't housekeeping, but you know what I mean. Its what we do for ourselves to keep the operation going. Patient care trumps everything, and I will not ever accept less than us doing the very best of what we know for every patient we have, every single time.

"If some staff member isn't measuring up, we need to find out if they just don't know and need more training. Or if they just don't care anymore. If they don't know, we train them. If they don't care, we try to see if there is a different position they'd like better. If not, we let them go. Khaat and I will worry about the budget and the equipment. That's our jobs. You make sure the staff is doing theirs and that every patient feels like we're doing our best to make them our top priority...." As he was speaking an alarm within the hospital went off. He went to a closed cabinet in his office and opened the door to reveal a lighted display panel. All the lights were green except one. One was red and flashing. Fire."

"See to the patients, Jess," Robert said. "Evacuate the non emergent walk in clinic on the first floor. Calm, no running, but steady movement out. The alarm panel says there's a fire in the kitchen. Might be nothing. Might be a casserole burning for all I know, but let's err on the side of caution. Go evacuate the walk in clinic, and I'll head to the kitchen." Robert drew his wand and apparated down to the kitchen on the ground floor.

"I agree with you on the espresso cake. But with the olive oil cake, I like them both. I like the warmth of the almond in one, especially if it is to be paired with the mocha. But I like the fresh taste of the lemon and rosemary. That's a really hard choice. I guess, if he does the mocha, I'd choose the almond. If he uses the straight espresso, i'd do the lemon and rosemary," Michael told Ruby. "Alright. I'm almost one with the coronation chicken. How's your tart coming? Can you prepare the spinach salad if I do the bacon dressing?"

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Thu Sep 01, 2022 1:18 am

Jess listened but when the alarm went off she stood up tucking the note boom in her pocket . Hearing Robert she headed out to se to the patiants meeting up with Rowan as she went she told him what was needed and he nodded walking with her and ordering men to take the walk ins out the emergance doors in an orderly fashion. Jess went to the kitchens and found it filled with smoke and backed out.

Ruby nodded at Michael " yeah it was a tough choice and Im almost done with the base just need to blind bake it then fill and add fruit" she said placing parcment paper into the base and adding dried beeans to hold it down before she palced it into teh oven to bake.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Thu Sep 01, 2022 1:40 am

Robert was down in the kitchen, and he was in the heart of the situation. He saw that there were flames shooting upward from one of the cookers. There were cooks that were trying to put out the fire but it was proving to be a larger fire, harder to put out, than they had anticipated. And, they were trying to save all the food in the kitchen that they could because they needed to get lunch upstairs to the patients that were admitted.

One of the cooks got careless in his desire to get the fire put out, got too close and caught fire. Robert immediately fired an aguamente to put him out.

"Get him out," Robert ordered. "Get him to the emergency department at once." Robert began ordering the kitchen staff out because some of them were being overcome with smoke. Robert told them to go report to the emergency department for treatment of smoke inhalation. They needed enchanted masks that produced oxygen to help them breathe. The enchanted masks were better than the muggle system that had masks that were attached to either long plastic hoses or big bulky heavy tanks. This was just a little enchanted mask.

Robert and the head chef managed to get the rest of the fire out. Finally. Then they opened the windows to try to get some fresh air in and get some of the smoky smell out. Robert knew they were going ot have to ditch all the food they'd been preparing. That was going to be trouble. The patients still needed to eat, and the head chef now needed oxygen himself. They needed a chef to take command and feed the patients. That was a couple hundred people that needed to be fed.

By this time Robert was covered in smoke and soot himself and he was had a deep, croupy cough now himself from smoke inhalation. He managed to find some of the cooks and one of the sioux chefs. he talked to them about making a makeshift kitchen on the roof and starting with things they could manage outside. Grilled chicken. Salads, grilled fruit pizzas and the like. Healthy food that didn't taste like it had been in a fire. Once he had the kitchen trying to improvise a lunch that would be a little late, he went back into the kitchen. Crawling around on the wet floor that was covered in a mud that was made from soot and water, he found, in the bottom of the oven some paper that someone was trying to get rid of, hoping that if they hid it in the bottom of the oven, it would be destroyed and no one would be the wiser. He got the papers out and put scraps of them in a plastic bag. He had a feeling this tied into their investigation of the ultrasound equipment. He brought the papers out of the kitchen, but by then he was coughing so hard, he was having trouble catching his breath to talk to anyone. And he needed to get the papers to Jess. He needed her to examine them.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Thu Sep 01, 2022 1:52 am

Jess made sure every one was out and settleed in emergency tents. Jess had Rowan make sure nobody went inside but when she saw Robert she quickly moved to his side and palced her ahdn on his chest making the damage to his lungs heal " you should feel better soon" she told him still holding him as Rowan walked over " Robert this is Rowan hes in security for St Mungos.

"sorry about this sir, one of my guys saw the director enter but didn't see what he did in there." he said " I have him under servalence" he told Robert. He took out a manilla folder and handed it to Robert " the info you requested." he said with a smirk.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Thu Sep 01, 2022 2:06 am

"Thanks, Jess," Robert said, deeply relieved to be able to breathe again. "Nice to meet you, Rowan. Thanks. I'll get right on that. Jess, take this and see what you can do with it. He handed her the partly burned file of papers he had found in the bottom of the stove. "See if you can make heads nor tales of it. If you can, lovely. If not, I can hire somebody to try to restore them if possible." He looked at both of them. "The kitchen is making an improvised kitchen on the roof so lunch won't taste like smoke. They can cook supper up there if they have to, but can either of you contact staff members on our maintenance and housekeeping staff first. Offer them double pay if they can come in and help clean and put our kitchen back to rights. Can I leave this in your hands for a bit, Jess? I need to go home and shower--again--and get fresh clothes, for the third time today all before lunch. It's gonna be one of those days."

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 97 of 100 Previous  1 ... 50 ... 96, 97, 98, 99, 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top