LONDON CALLING - Page 52
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

LONDON CALLING - Page 52 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

LONDON CALLING

Page 52 of 100 Previous  1 ... 27 ... 51, 52, 53 ... 76 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

LONDON CALLING - Page 52 Empty Re: LONDON CALLING

Post by Kaden Phoenix Mon May 23, 2022 1:26 am

Kaden walked with Kate and then froze in his tracks but at the sound of Kates voice he dove for the closked figure. " never mind them , all those antiques, it would be a crime in its self to let them burn" he said as he ran in a full sprint. Sliding out his wand he cast Aberto to open the front door of the house so he could run in and get them out.

The next thing he did was grab the pups and dogs in the carrier and head out the door. Placing them down he went back to snidly " come on there going to try and burn the house down, were going to stop them but incase we can't you have to wait with the dogs, please Snidly." he pleaed hoping it would follow him. Watching for amoment it seemed as if snidly got the message and understood him as he moved out of the house to wait with the carrier. Now Kaden drew his wand. Heading to Kate he cast Alarte Ascendare sending the person high into the air.
Kaden Phoenix
Kaden Phoenix
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 315

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Mon May 23, 2022 1:43 am

Robert and Michael both got the signal, as did Angus, Kate and Brian. Michael tried to launch himself out of bed, and Robert insisted that Michael remain behind. Gabe and Mira agreed to "keep Michael company" so that he didn't hurt himself. Robert apparated in to where the alarm had come from and was surprised to see it was Michael's place in Hogsmeade.

The cloaked figure had not liked being chucked into the air like a paper airplane, and retaliated by firing an Expulso spell at a large oak tree only a mere few feet away from Kaden. It had been a mere warning. The next spell, if Kaden tried anything else so foolish, would be a killing curse fired straight at him.

Kate saw the figure aim their wand at Kaden and she cast a shield in front of Kaden to try to protect him. Then she saw the old tree explode into mere sawdust and splinters. Brian and Khaat apparated in as the tree exploded, and Brian immediately pushed himself in front of Khaat to shield her from the blast.

Robert hadn't gotten off a single spell when the figure cast an Aresto Momentum and landed safely on the ground and then immediately fired several rapid fire spells right at Robert, and each spell seemed to get more and more powerful and violent.

"Robert, you're their target!" Brian shouted. "They lured you out for this!"

"Then I'll finish it, shall I?" Robert was infuriated. The figure deliberately spun around in a circle, and Brian and Robert both recognized it as a stalling tactic used to delay to try to give a wizard some additional time to cast a much more powerful spell.

"Shields!" Brian shouted to everyone. Robert apparated himself into the side yard, away from the others.

"I'm over here, Stupid!" Robert shouted at the figure. Brian cursed quietly. Robert was trying to lure the wand fire away from everyone else to try to protect them.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3100
Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaden Phoenix Mon May 23, 2022 1:55 am

Kaden readied himself for the hit but saw Kate cast a sheild and saw the spell hit the tree, his eyes never left the cloaked figure watching him stop himself and land back on the ground. He also saw the others apperate into the fray. His wand at the ready he watched the wizard spin his mind flicked and he cast Arresto Momentum to slow the person down then raised his sheild ready for any retaliation.

But he also exstended it to cover the house, in his mind he wanted to protect it and its contents from damage. He heard Robert call out and the figure move towards him. this was his opening as he cast Bombardo at the persons back hoping to distract him long enough for the others to tke up positions around him.
Kaden Phoenix
Kaden Phoenix
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Mon May 23, 2022 1:12 pm

Brian saw Kaden create a distraction with the bombarda spell, and he used it to apparate over to Robert to stand with him.

"Not without me," Brian told him, as he heard more apparating. It was Edward, wand drawn and ready, and he just happened to apparate in beside Angus. Brian noticed, for some reason, the tip of Edward's wand began to glow, and it made an odd singing sound. That appeared to get Edward's attention, and it also got the sharp attention of the dark figure who spun and looked directly at Edward.

"Well, well," Edward said, as if he'd discovered something exceptionally important.

"Uh oh," Angus said quietly.

"I've got this," Edward said with a dark tone, one that told Angus more than he really wanted to know. The dark figure appeared to become alarmed, and suddenly and without warning, the figure apparated out and was just gone.

"What the hell..." Robert scowled. ready for a fight that just didn't come.

"We just learned something, Boys and Girls," Edward told them all. Angus motioned or them to come closer to him and Edward so Edward didn't have to talk so loudly. When they gathered closer, Edward spoke quietly to them to avoid anyone outside of their circle hearing. "I had this wand commissioned in Romania," Edward said. "It is designed to alert me if there is a witch or wizard around who is both a dark arts practitioner and a werewolf. As we all know, not all werewolves are dark, but virtually all the ones I am sent to track and eliminate are also dark arts practitioners. I wanted something that would function as a defensive alarm for me. That's what you just saw and heard."

"Then we need to consider that one of Gelding's employees are associated either with Fenrir or with James Blood," Brian said.

"That might very well be," Robert said. "And if that's the case, that could be a very dark liason indeed."

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaden Phoenix Mon May 23, 2022 7:52 pm

Kaden dropped his sheild on seeing the man disapear but found his legs weak. seeing a chair he sat down. " That was some fight." he said a little out of breath as he watched them talk. He decided since he was not that close he would stay where he was and catch his breath.

"You okay Kate?" he asked moving to her to stand with the bag and dogs and of course snidly too. " what was that all about?" He asked as he knelt and checked on the dogs and pups. It was now Jack arrived some what late. He'd caught Edwards words and growled.

"My Brother returns." was all he said " I knew the peaice would not last." his hands balled into fists as he stood his body tense at the thought of his brother."now I wish id come sooner, I'd have killed him." his anger aparent now as his nails exended almost into the palm of his hand.
Kaden Phoenix
Kaden Phoenix
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Mon May 23, 2022 8:58 pm

"I'm fine. Thank you, Kaden," Kate said. "So much for a quiet little trip to Hogsmeade. I really don't like the idea of James coming back, but I knew he'd be back sooner or later."

"Wait," Robert said. "We don't know if was James. If it really was James, it does seem unlikely that he would come and see Khaat and not make any sort of move for her. I think it is more likely that it is someone else. A werewolf that works for Fenrir or James. And, if it were someone who worked for James, that would answer a lot of questions--like how they found my unplottable farm and Brian's. James found both of those years ago, so he could have passed that information on to a subordinate. Besides, this figure wasn't nearly as large as James is. No offense, Jack, but your brother is hard to miss. He's an enormous target."

"And James has much too big an ego to use any sort of cloak or disguise," Edward said. "Sorry, Jack, but I actually had you and Remus in mind when I had the wand designed. I do have some werewolves who are friends that I did not want to just indiscriminately bump off, people like you. But, I did want to be able to be aware when I was in the presence of an enemy."

"So the wand sings," Robert said.

"It does," Edward nodded. "The tip lights on its own near the presence of a werewolf. And it sings if it is around someone dark. So a dark werewolf makes it light and sing both."

"It reminds me of a glass armonica," Kate said. "It actually has a rather pleasant sound."

"A harmonica?" Brian asked.

"No. An armonica. It's a rare musical instrument that was made based on the sounds a water glass can make when its filled with water."

"And you're right. It was based on the sound that a water class can make," Edward said. "There are times when a shrill alarm is neither needed or wanted. Nor does it need to alert everyone within a country mile, so I asked for a softer sound. It's hard to go sneaking if your wand is telling everyone within miles around where the devil you are."

"Well, Jessie will be glad that you're able to figure out he means no harm in a rather objective way," Kate laughed. Robert went over and took the market basket from her to lighten her burden.

"Those Honeyduke bags cannot be dog food," Robert looked at her.

"They're not. I'm pampering our injured houseguest," she smiled.

"Only him?" he asked hopefully.

"There's plenty there for all of us to share," she said. "Well, now that the excitement is over, shall we go? Where's Belby, by the way? Isn't he supposed to be with you?"

"I left him behind this time. He isn't going to be happy with me, but he left me for a moment to refill his tea, and I left while he was in the kitchen," Robert snickered. "Let's go home. See you lot at the farm."

"Coming, Kaden?" Kate asked, as she took Robert's arm.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaden Phoenix Mon May 23, 2022 9:10 pm

Jack relaxed and breathed out as Edward spoke then looked in suprise at him " hey I would not turn to the dark side...ever, besides Jess would kill me before any of you could" he said now relaxed. Kaden picked up the bags and nodded his head.

"yes the sooner were some place safe the better I'll feel" he said some what needing a sit down and a strong cup of Roberts special tea. Jack moved to Kaden and grasped his arm porting both of them back to the farm. Letting go he felt Kaden wobble a little and looked at him.

"you okay?" he asked seeing him take a long breath out.

"yeah just not ever had a fight like that, dueled in school but not a real one." he told Jack.

"Hang around here long enough you'll have more than one, in defence of Robert only." Jack told him as Jessie quickly walked over to Kaden and hugged him tight.
Kaden Phoenix
Kaden Phoenix
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Mon May 23, 2022 9:38 pm

When they got back to the farm, Marcus was still in the kitchen and he wasn't happy whatsoever. He held his tongue temporarily but he intended fully to have a discussion with Robert later to set some clear boundaries. Marcus wasn't about to be left behind again. That wasn't how he worked. Kate touched his arm gently, as a silent gesture of understanding as she passed by him to go put the kettle on. She got out Robert's almond tea and brewed a large pot for everyone and then opened Michael's tin of shortbread biscuits.

"Almond tea will be ready in a moment," Kate said to them. "And I found this big tin full of chocolate dipped shortbread at Michael's. I'm sure he's fine with us sharing his biscuits. I'll take his things to him, along with a mug of hot tea and that will lift his spirits." Robert opened the carrier and the dogs scampered out, barking and jumping and all excited to be at the farm instead of at home.

"Thank you, Everyone, for coming so quickly," Kate said. "I was so relieved to see you all arrive. I realize that's what you've all been trained for, but its one of the first times I've had to call you for help. So, because you were all so wonderful, I will fix something exceptional for dinner tonight."

"I know what Kate's 'exceptional' dinners are," Brian said. "Count Khaat and Abbey and I in."

"You won't find many who will turn her down tonight," Robert laughed.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaden Phoenix Mon May 23, 2022 9:44 pm

Kaden stood up and picked up the duffel bag " don't worry about it Kate I'll put his clothing in his room." he said and moved to Michaels room . Gently opening the door he placed down the bag then moved to check him over. Finding that he was sleeping still he began unpacking the bag placing the pipe and tobacco tin next to the bed.

Once all the clothes were hung in the wardrobe and in draws he moved back into the living room just at the time to hear talk of dinner. " I realy should be getting home " he said but a look from Jessie told him he realy didn't ant him to leave just yet.
Kaden Phoenix
Kaden Phoenix
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Mon May 23, 2022 9:57 pm

"Thank you, Kaden," Kate said. She poured tea for everyone, and when he came back into the kitchen, she handed him a mug. "This is probably one of our favorites of all of Robert's tea blends. I think it's very soothing."

"It's partly because I added oat flowers to the blend," Robert said. "They're good for calming and soothing, amongst other benefits. Kaden, if you're going to be around Jessie, you really might want to consider training with the others. Jessie is in a tough business, and there is no shortage of excitement where my team is considered. It sounds like you performed very well under some completely unexpected circumstances, but I'm sure it would benefit you if you had some additional training under your belt. Hopefully you'll never have to use it, but being able to defend yourself is always a worthwhile thing, I think. No hurry for an answer. Just give it some thought. You're welcome to join the others any time, and I'm sure Jack or Brian or Angus--any of them, would be happy to get you started if you like."

Kate was a little concerned that if James had somehow teamed up with Tom Gelding, then they could be in for some very serious problems. She wasn't saying much, but she was sure that everyone who had already run into both Gelding and James Blood were not going to be any more excited than she was.

"Marcus," Kate said, "you should know. We have some suspicions that Gelding has perhaps formed a completely unholy alliance with James Blood."

"Oh, bloody hell," Marcus sighed heavily. "You're just full of good news, aren't you?"

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 52 of 100 Previous  1 ... 27 ... 51, 52, 53 ... 76 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top