Summer Picnic - Page 8
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Summer Picnic - Page 8 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Summer Picnic

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Summer Picnic - Page 8 Empty Re: Summer Picnic

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:37 am

"Glad to help, anytime," Robert smiled. "I'll keep you in mind. I do hire people to help me from time to time with some of my personal investments, and you never know. There just might be something there you're interested in. I can always use healthy men who are well trained as, well, security guards." He chose his words carefully. "I protect things of great value. And you might fit the bill for a position on my crew. Let's get you healthy first, and if you and Brian get on, and he thinks you're the man for the job, he'll let me know, I'm sure. The money's good, but I can't say it's entirely risk free. No security job ever is. Still, the work is steady. If you think you're interested, then talk to Brian, and he'll evaluate your skills and let me know what he thinks. Now, off with you both," he smiled. "I think we all have things to do."

Brian had figured Jess had taken him upstairs somewhere, so he headed up to the top floor where Khaat's office was to leave his work out clothes there, and he stashed them in a cabinet where he frequently left a spare change of clothes. He knew Khaat would know to check there and bring them home to wash. He stepped out of the office again and ran into Jack and Jess in the hallway.

"All set?" Brian asked.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22551
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Black Heart Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:18 am

Jack watched as Jess smiled and moved away from them both " yeah, Robert told me he expected this to happen, I think he was surprised it was so soon, but I'm naturally a fast healer." he said noting that Brian wore different clothes from the ones he'd arrived in " he also said you might use my help, but only after assessment and I'm back on my feet and healthy." he added folding his arms across his chest " I'd like to help when and where ever I can, I owe Khaat and you that much." he smiled as he glanced at the clock not far from them.

"okay show me this store where I can buy some clothes." He asked just as a packet accioed into his hand " oh its my new id and wallet they must have known I was here and sent it directly to me." he said puling out an Auror badge and showing Brian.
Jack Black Heart
Jack Black Heart
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 2116

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:08 pm

"I think the best place for us to get last minute clothes for you is going to be with a couple of friends of mine," Brian said. "You'll be in good hands, but we'll have to do some porting." He drew out his key ring and selected an antique key that had an elegantly filigreed bow. "This will do it. Grab hold, and for heaven's sake, don't let go. I don't know where you'll end up." He ported them ahead to a sidewalk along a little narrow canal on a side street in Venice, Italy. It was quiet here, and they were on a corner in front of a little ship with a beautiful leaded glass door. "These are friends of ours--a brother sister pair--Tobias and Elaine McQuillen. Their tailoring is second to none, I've always found."

He opened the door and went inside, holding the door for Jack for a moment before he went in. A thin, older balding man with graying hair on the sides came out of the back and when he saw Brian, he was all smiles.

"Brian!" he said with a smile, "what a surprise! I didn't expect to see you today." He shook hands with Brian. "How nice. How can I help you?"

"This is a new friend of mine, and he's going to need a supply of clothes," Brian said. "And some back ups. Robert asked me to tell you to start some duplicates for him and said you would understand."

"Ah," Tobias said, nodding, understanding what Robert was alluding to. "I do indeed."

"Tobias, this is my new friend, Jack Black Heart. Jack, this is Tobias," Brian introduced them.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Black Heart Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:06 pm

Jack moved to Brian and sighed " I hate porting" he said softly as he held onto Brian's shirt as they left St Mungos and appeared in Venice. He paused and bent forward " it always turns my stomach" he said taking deep breaths to calm his stomach once he felt like himself again he followed him to a shop along a sidewalk along a little narrow canal on a side street. He watched Brian talk to some one inside then open the door for him to walk in. He walked in and looked at the man " its nice to meet you" he said noting a woman sat behind the counter. " as you can see Im not an average size, still think you can accommodate me in a wardrobe?" he asked hoping he would be able as he was running out of places he could get decent clothes from.
Jack Black Heart
Jack Black Heart
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:28 pm

"Not a problem," Tobias smiled. "We clothes witches and wizards of all ages, all sizes. I've been outfitting Robert's men for 44 years, and I haven't found one yet we can't handle."

"Has it been that long?" Brian smiled, as Tobias led them to the section of the store that handled men's clothing.

"Oh, yes, indeed," he said. "Robert came to me as a very young man, and he had a very specific order for what he called uniforms. We've been outfitting his men ever since. Now, where's that tape measure? Oh, here it is." He found a wizarding tape measure. "First things first, Mr. Black Heart. Measurements. It won't take but a moment. Brian? The standard wardrobe, then?" He tapped the tape measure with his wand. "Measurements, please." He followed the tape measure with a pad and a quill to jot down the measurements as the tape magically measured Jack.

"Not yet. Civilian dress first, but do make the rest of it. Hold it until I let you know. I don't think it will be long before he will want Jack outfitted accordingly."

"Understood," Tobias said. "Now, Mr. Black Heart, what sorts of designs and styles and colors do you like? What are you looking for?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Black Heart Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:38 pm

Jack looked at Tobias as he spoke " but.. I'm a werewolf so might need to return several times when the moon is full" he said hanging his head. He watched as Tobias found a tape measure and it began wrapping around him in different places as the man wrote down the numbers. He listened at Brian spoke to Tobias then Tobias turned to him. "Well i guess casual but smart, shirts some tee shirts for working out in, dress trousers and jeans for casual if that's manageable" now he looked at Brian " what about shoes?" he asked then looked back to Tobias " Do you do foot wear as well?" he asked as he suddenly felt a stabbing pain in his left arm and winced glancing at Brian as he held it

"not again" he said holding his arm rubbing it to try and relive the pain he felt, he tried to take deep breaths to control the anger he felt bubbling inside him.   .
Jack Black Heart
Jack Black Heart
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:51 pm

"You are not the first werewolf we have outfitted," Tobias said, unconcerned. "The first werewolf we did clothes for was Robert's brother. Robert often bought gifts for his brother here, so we're accustomed to it. Robert has, from time to time, outfitted someone who goes through clothes quickly for one reason or another. Remus was one, Brian often orders replacements for himself. So, if we get someone who uses clothes quickly, they simply alert us they will likely need replacements, and we stock some for them, either basics, or if there is a special occasion outfit that they particularly like and prefer not to lose, we can do a replacement of it. We have done replacements on special evening gowns, for example. So, Brian said you would need replacements, so I presume you would like us to stock all the basics for you so you can order them at a moment's notice. That's not a problem. And, yes, we do shoes of all kinds, and all sorts of accessories."

"Tobias, speaking of replacement clothes, did you get those new sleepers for Abbey? She's growing faster than we can keep up with."

"I believe so," Tobias said, rechecking Jack's measurements. "I'll check with Elaine. She has some shoes for Khaat too for you to take with you."

"Not more stilettos," Brian groaned. Tobias laughed.

"'Fraid so," Tobias said, as he took a pair of black jeans and used magic to tailor them. He took a stack of white tee shirts and resized them.

"Her closet is groaning with them as it is," Brian sighed.

"You might have to put in that walk in closet you've been promising her."

"Oh, maybe so," Brian said.

"Now, Mr. Black Heart," Tobias said. "Go try these jeans and one of those tee shirts for size. I'll work on a pair of shoes for you to try." He pointed Jack towards the changing room in the back corner of the store.

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Black Heart Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:57 pm

Jack relaxed hearing Tobias's words and the pain in his arm lessened teaching him that it was his own anxietys that had set it off. " that's good to know" he said now with a soft smile . " oh can you do something that would be suitable for a date I have tonight?" he asked taking the jeans and tee shirts then heading to the changing room. Trying on the jeans he found them to fit perfectly, but some of the tee shirts ripped as he tried to put them on only on in a extra extra large fit comfortable and he walked out.

"sorry bout the other tee shirts " he said handing them back to Tobias," but these fit perfectly" he smiled and turned around for him " can you get two more of the jeans, my current wardrobe is well nothing right now." he moved his arms flexing and found the tee-shirt didn't rip but moved with him. " is it enchanted to not rip or something?" he asked
Jack Black Heart
Jack Black Heart
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:13 pm

"Shirts that don't rip? I'm a wizard, Mr. Black Heart," Tobias laughed, "Not a miracle worker. If we get the shirts right, then we can get you something for your date. What will you be needing tonight? Casual wear? Dress? Formal? You don't want to show up at a pub in a tux, I wager." He rechecked the measurements in the shirts. They should have fit, according to what his notes said. He took the tape measurement and checked the measurements again and rechecked it to his notes. They matched exactly.  Still he went up a couple of sizes and changed the neckline of the tee shirts to v necks because they were bigger necklines. He altered one tee shirt and one dress shirt accordingly for Jack to try.

"Try these," Tobias told him.

Brian wandered off towards the clothes for babies. He was a sucker in buying things for Abbey. He had never pictured himself being interested in baby clothes, but this was his daughter, and he wanted her to have the best. He picked up a little cream colored cashmere cardigan. It was as soft as a cloud, and he believed it would be something that would be lightweight but warm. Maybe she'd have to have some in other colors. Hm...

"Brian Quinn," a woman's voice chirped happily. "Give me a hug, you stranger. Where have you been?" He turned to see Tobias's sister there. They hugged as the old friends they were. "That isn't Khaat's size, you know."

"I'm thinking of Abbey," he said.

"How old is she now?"

"18 months," he said.

"Did you bring me a new picture?"

"Here, you can have this one," Brian said, giving him one out of his wallet.

"She's going to look like you, even if she's not yours."

"Heaven forbid. She needs to look like her mother," Brian said.

"Who's the new chap? New hire?"

"His name is Jack. I think he'll be a new hire soon," he replied. "Jack, you want a gift for your date? This might be a good place to get it. Elaine has good taste in helping to pick out things."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Black Heart Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:26 pm

Jack chuckled at Tobias's response and took the shirts slipping it on over the tee shirt he smiled at how well it fit " perfect can I have two in white two blue and one in a light salmon, and yeah might go smart casual as its at the leaky." he said trying on a light blue shirt with strips. " yuck no strips please, I think plain colors." he looked around and saw a Jacket he liked and took it down. Trying it on he looked at Brian as he spoke.

"Yeah that's a good idea, um.. you know Jess what would she like?" he asked Brian as he slipped off the Jacket " I'll take this too." he said with a smile.
Jack Black Heart
Jack Black Heart
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top