Summer Picnic - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Summer Picnic - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Summer Picnic

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Summer Picnic - Page 2 Empty Re: Summer Picnic

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:39 pm

"I know he'd do it," Khaat nodded. She had no reason to think Robert wouldn't help Jess. He was always willing to help mentor someone who wanted to learn, and Robert and Kate genuinely liked Jess, so there was that too. "You know, there's a new thing that we're just starting. Hogwarts ended up short of healers this year, so there are some healers who are going to St. Mungos periodically to work some shifts at the castle to make sure that the hospital wing is covered. I don't know that any of us will need to be there all that often, but, you never know. Who knows how it will all work out? And, with some of us going to the castle, that could also mean more demand at St. Mungos too, so there could well be more hours at one place or the other or both if you want." She listened to Jess talk about Rob. Khaat had never had any idea that Rob had had such a deep, devious other life or that he was anything other than the man he pretended to be--until he abandoned her and Abbey on the night she was born.

"Rob gave a lot of people the creeps, apparently. Oh, and you know what? Somehow people have gotten the idea that the money that Brian and I came into after that was because Rob surely must be dead. I've decided I'm just going to let them think that. It's better than telling them that he was an illegal potions dealer and that we took his accounts when my father filed for my divorce from Rob on my behalf when I was too sick to do it. Actually, I don't think Rob likely has any problem with people thinking he's dead." She saw Jess straighten a bit and start to look around, as if she had heard something.

"Oh. That," Khaat replied when Jess said she felt that they were being watched. "Maybe. I'm not a good judge of that here. I often feel like I'm being watched when I'm here. I try to ignore it because Remus spent so many of his worst hours here that when my thoughts run away with me, I want to believe it's his spirit still wandering around the place. I know that sounds creepy to probably anyone but me. But the idea that I could actually have just a few more minutes with him? I'd do almost anything for that. But, hey, if you think you feel something, then I believe you. Do you think we should look?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22485
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:07 am

Jess listened to Khaat glancing at her then to Abby she shook her head " maybe your right , its just a lost soul besides no point in poking the tiger ,were here to have a girls day out with this little one." she said " and so far its been relaxing". Her eyes drifted back to an opening where she saw a face looking back at her. " is he one of Roberts?" she asked " hes been staring over at us since we sat down. She could see he was large for a guy and had no hair his eyes seemed fixed " maybe I should talk to him and tell him his staring is un-nerving" she stood up but as she did he disappeared into the woods.

" weird guy" she sat back down " so how are things with you and Brian..humm, still good?" she picked up another piece of food and ate it." That sounds Ideal means I can get some extra training in and experience, might even be able to pass on some tips to young up and coming healers"
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 4796

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:19 am

Khaat hadn't actually seen anyone there until Jess asked if he was one of her father's. Well, her father did have people working for him but they were mostly in other places other than England, and if Brian had had someone follow her, she believed he surely would have said so.

"I don't think he's my fathers," she said, finally seeing a face. She knew a lot of the men who worked in her father's private organization, and this dude wasn't one of them. No, he was a new face. "He's rather rude, don't you think? Spying on us like that." Jess asked about her relationship with Brian, and it made her smile. "It's amazing," she said contentedly. "I never honestly thought that Brian and me...well, you know. We were best friends our whole lives, and he grew up in my house with us. I don't know why I never thought of him as anything other than my best friend. And, I never expected him to turn up, of all times, when I was in labor with Abbey. I didn't know until a lot later that it was my father who sent for him, but I'm really glad he did now. I can't imagine my life without him now." She was trying to encourage Abbey to eat but Abbey was watching the bushes just where Jess had been watching.

"Alright," Khaat sighed. "Oi!" She shouted, motioning to the bushes. "There's plenty, if you're hungry." She looked at Jess. "Might as well call him out. He's either a decent guy, and he'll join us. Or, if he means us harm, we'll just draw our wands and fry him. Agreed?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:39 am

Jess smiled listening to her talk of Brian " I'm glad you and he are happy, after everything that's happened finally some happiness for you." she looked as Khaat called out to the man in the woods . She didn't expect any one to appear then she laughed at Khaats words " oh just what we need fried wild man." she pulled a disgusted face " not what I want to think about today, besides we'd end up fixing him up anyway" she said chuckling but to her surprise the large man walked out to stand facing them her face held a frown. " looks like a jerk to me" she said under her breath. " bet he couldn't even fight.

As she watched him walk she noticed a slight shake to his hands " Khaat, you see that, wiithdrawl" she said as she lent closer to Khaat. now she was curious as to what he was withdrawing from. As he drew close she placed some food on a plate " thats close enough." Standing she walked over placing the food down then returning to her seat watching as he sat down and ate hungrily.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 4796

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:03 am

Khaat watched the man come out of the woods. Lord, he was as big as a house. The closer he got, she was seeing the same things Jess was seeing. He was clearly withdrawing from something, but she wasn't close enough to see what. She left her hand on her wand and watched, as Jess took him food, but the house sized man made no move to indicate any intention to harm.

"I'm gonna go see him," she whispered to Jess. "If anything happens, take my keys--the gold is a portkey home, and the silver will take you to my parent's farm. Get Abbey out if you need to. Promise me. My mother will know how to summon my father if you need him." If it was needed, if her father needed to be summoned, she was sure it would bring Brian as well. Well, two medium sized guys against a house? Might work. Maybe. Maybe not.

She got up and went over to the man sitting with the plate of food, leaving her wand in her pocket, not putting her hands anywhere near it. He reminded her, in a way of when her father had ridden the hippogriff a bit too long. The man looked like he'd been ridden hard and put away wet, as the saying went. "There's more where that came from if you're still hungry when you're done with that," she said quietly to him. She sat down within arm's reach of him and looked at him. "I'm Khaat. Looks like you've had better days. So, who are you, and what's happened to you?" She wasn't going to try to touch him or heal him until she had some idea of what his deal was. She was betting he might not be harmful, but she felt like he was nearly twice her size. And that made her not want to tempt it without more information.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Black Heart Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:23 am

The smell of food , actual food had drawn him close to the edge of the forest where he had hid away from every one so not to do harm. But the smell and grumbling of his stomach along with the need to do something other than sit and wallow in a dark hole some where made him move and look out. Two women sat with a child talking he could hear there words and saw one turn to look at him. He pulled back using the darkness of the woods to hide himself. One arm wrapped around his waist holding the torn pieces of his top against his dirty skin.

"I have to eat" he thought to himself " but what if I hurt them" he felt the burning of his need both for food and wolfsbane grow he'd become accustomed to the feeling of it as it coursed threw his body. He snapped his head to look back at the women as one called out to him. Reaching the edge again he stopped for a second then stepped out both hands clenched to lessen the shaking he felt them do against his leg.

Slowly he walked over and stopped as one of the women walked over with a plate, he could smell her, sweet like summer flowers his eyes met hers but he quickly dropped them knowing what he was would sicken her. He sat down and took up the plate trying to eat it quickly as he didn't want to cause any problem for the women. The other walked over and sat down close but not too close , he paused in his eating to look at her as she spoke to him asking his name.

Placing down the now empty plate he moved his arm and lifted his shirt to show a large bite to his mid section, blood mixed with dirt covered it "I..I don't want to hurt any one." he said softly
Jack Black Heart
Jack Black Heart
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 2116

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:38 am

Khaat looked at the wound on his midsection when he lifted his shirt. Something about this was glaringly familiar but she couldn't entirely place it. It was a bite wound. She took a close look at his overall condition and the condition of his clothes. It reminded her of how Remus would drag himself home from time to time after the full moon. Wait. Had last night been a full moon? Might that explain it all?

"I might be able to help you," she said, taking a chance, not afraid enough to simply walk away and leave him. She wasn't built that way, and this certainly was not her first werewolf, if that in fact was what she was looking at. She really wasn't 100% sure he was what he sure looked like he was, and of all things, why did a Lupin have a part of finding him? Then again, though, why not? She would never have left Remus after a night of the full moon. Was it any more right to leave this man? She decided if he had been Remus, she would have stayed, so that was what she wanted to do right now.

"Tough night last night, huh? Does it always affect you like that? How about your potion--did you have any with you?" She looked back towards the picnic blanket and decided to use wandless magic to deliberately avoid drawing her wand. "Accio, thermos!" The thermos of peach lemonade lifted off the blanket and over to her. She took the unused cap the also doubled as a cup and poured him a cup of the icy cold lemonade. "Here. I bet you can use something cold. It's all we have with us today. She wondered how long he had been hiding here, and whether he had decided that perhaps the Shrieking Shack's mythology about the haunted screaming, caused by Remus himself, would serve to perhaps keep him safe too for a night. "What's your name?" she finally asked gently.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Black Heart Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:53 am

Jack looked at her when she said she might be able to help him and he shook his head then sighed at her next words when she drew her wand he flinched and moved further back from her. He watched her make a flask appear and he mentally cursed himself for being so stupid. At her request to know his name he paused , his mouth opened but no sound came out at first.

"Jack" he said simply and quietly "I..I wouldn't know, last night rough?" He chuckled which came out more like a growl " thats putting it politely , I was attacked by something that bite me and....I changed, now...now I fear for others around me." he opened his clenched hand and showed her the shaking " no, I ran out two days ago, been hiding trying to stop this...this damn need." His voice raised slightly towards the end but he stopped and took a slow labored breath glancing over at the second woman and the child.
Jack Black Heart
Jack Black Heart
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:11 am

"Look," she sighed, having all the confirmation she needed now, "let's be straight here with one another. I'm a healer but I'm not the expert on this, but I know who can help you. My father is a healer too, and he also dabbles in potions. I'm guessing he knows some things I don't. I can take care of that bite wound, but I think we need either to get you to help or get the help to you. One or the other." She looked back at Jess and Abbey.

"He's hurt," she called to Jess. "This is beyond me, I think. I'd rather have my father look at this. Would you take my keys and go to Diagon Alley, please?. Use the brass key. I think you'll find them at the Leaky. He and I will be fine for what little time you'll be gone." That was as much code as she felt she dare try to communicate to her right now. As a little subtle gesture, she fingered the emerald necklace around her neck, trying to make it look like nothing more than a little nervous tic, but if Jess were clever, she'd perhaps put it together. She looked back at Jack.

"I don't want to do much healing until my father has a good look, but he isn't going to mind me taking the edge off your pain, if you don't mind. I can do that much until we try to reach him," she said to him.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Black Heart Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:24 am

Jack looked at the second woman who picked up the child glancing from Khaat and back and nod before disappearing away. He closed his eyes and sighed " do what you can." he looked up at her " please" he relaxed a little and moved his arm away from his side letting the tattered material fall away from his skin exposing the bite to the warm air for her. "I will not hurt you or anyone" He said leaning forward slightly "I was an Auror, till this...now I'm not sure what I am." he spoke softly.

Jess in the meantime had ported with Abby to the leaky now all she had to do was find Robert , entering she held Abby close to her. She moved around the leaky looking for him " Robert, Khaat needs you a man appeared at the shack hes a werewolf and needs help." she called out while all the time calming Abby.
Jack Black Heart
Jack Black Heart
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top