[OPEN] I Didn't Sign Up For This
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

[OPEN] I Didn't Sign Up For This Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

[OPEN] I Didn't Sign Up For This

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[OPEN] I Didn't Sign Up For This Empty [OPEN] I Didn't Sign Up For This

Post by Naomi Mulciber Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:48 pm

Naomi, her curled hair twisted with teal streaks, leaned against the wall and rolled her eyes. This was so stupid. Just because she'd been rude to other students, the Headmaster was making her act as a guide for younger students. Some would be taking NEWT level courses they had never taken before, or the first years might not know where they were going.

The idea that anybody would want to approach her was just laughable. As if. But she lingered between classes most days anyway, so what was the difference, really?

Glancing down at her fingernails, she sighed before glancing up -- and just in time, too. A professor down the hall looked her way right after she managed to make her expression more neutral. Less aggressive and standoffish. She could only hope that nobody took the opportunity to bother her.
Naomi Mulciber
Naomi Mulciber
Fifth Year Slytherin
Fifth Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 292

Back to top Go down

[OPEN] I Didn't Sign Up For This Empty Re: [OPEN] I Didn't Sign Up For This

Post by Molly Minerva Weasley Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:32 am

And she was back.

Her skirt pressed and shirt ironed, black shoes shining as they clicked against the stone ground, grey woolen socks hugging just above her knee, dark brown hair pulled into a finnish plait, she was the picture of a prim Hogwarts student, ready for the year to come. She even had a gentle, if absent, smile on her face. No one would imagine the strength of her distaste for the school, tempered as it was by familiarity and apathy for any change of circumstance. The holidays in Russia had been sublime, a happy submergence back into the life she was so used to, surrounded by people who thought her invaluable and clever, pampered with new clothes, jewelry, and any other thing her heart desired.

The best part, of course, had been the time spent with Sofie. The two Elkin daughters quietly moving through the courtyard, trimming the rosebushes, making plans. Gretel finally had some direction, a purpose. And she had no reason to doubt her sister when she told her how important she was.

So here she was, ready to do as her sister had suggested. But in between, she was expected to go to class, so she did.

It was then she spotted her dormmate, looking just as one might expect her with such a task. Aleska had complained about it in the dorm the night the punishment had been handed over, so Gretel was well aware of what fate awaited any first year who actually asked her for help. Gretel slowed, staring at the girl. She knew how she could help. And she always liked to be of help.

She changed courses, heading straight for the Mulciber girl. "Not sure I understand the logic of punishing hostility with forced hospitality," she said, turning so she was standing next to the other Slytherin, back against the wall. "But maybe no one will bother you if you're busy reminding a poor foreigner how to get to the courtyard." She offered a wry grin.
Molly Minerva Weasley
Molly Minerva Weasley
Fifth Year Ravenclaw
Fifth Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 169

Back to top Go down

[OPEN] I Didn't Sign Up For This Empty Re: [OPEN] I Didn't Sign Up For This

Post by Naomi Mulciber Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:39 am

Naomi turned sharply as she noticed someone in her periphery, only to spot one of the few people she tolerated on a regular basis. Roommates, of course, were harder to avoid and to ignore. Luckily, this one had some gumption and managed to be interesting. So that was a small bonus. As Gretel approached, the darker-haired girl stood up a little straighter as curiosity got the better of her. In fact, Naomi almost smiled.

"I never said Professor Hayes made any sense," she returned, scrunching up her nose a little in obvious distaste. Affinity for Transfiguration aside, the headmaster seemed to be all over the place since last year, but Naomi chalked it up to the whole getting dumped (or whatever) by his wife thing. But Gretel had a brilliant point.

So something almost similar to a smile pulled at Naomi's mouth. "You're probably right, though. Considering that getting to the courtyard is pretty complicated, I'll go with you." So as they started down the hall, Naomi felt herself relaxing a little with the new sense of freedom. "Have you seen Aleksa today? That girl needs a hobby, so I half hope you haven't."
Naomi Mulciber
Naomi Mulciber
Fifth Year Slytherin
Fifth Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 292

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top