Green grass and summer breeze help the mind stay at ease
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Green grass and summer breeze help the mind stay at ease  Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Green grass and summer breeze help the mind stay at ease

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Green grass and summer breeze help the mind stay at ease  Empty Green grass and summer breeze help the mind stay at ease

Post by Maura Goldstein Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:29 am

Maura walked around the candy store putting lollies in a glass container before putting some more different colored jellybeans in the container next to it.  Her mother looking at her daughter frowned at the sight of her.

"Maura sweetie, it's a beautiful day why don't you go out and enjoy it?" her mother asked as Maura sighed.

"I'm helping you mum, you know how busy this place can be at this time, you need my help. " Maura said simply.

"I appreciate the help sweetie, but you should enjoy the sunshine, I'll get Nate here to help me with everything now go and don't make me ask you twice!" said her mother pushing her out the door.

Sighing Maura headed out the door much to her dismay.  "Alright fine I'll go, but if I see the store busy I'm coming back!" said Maura walking off.

Wondering what to do now, she walked aimlessly around London wondering what to do with her day seeing how it wasn't being at the candy store helping her mother.  Although her feet guiding her, Maura was in deep thoughts as she walked aimlessly around London looking for something to do.    should I go to the Leaky Cauldron?  she asked her self as she shook her head.   Nah.... I want to go someplace different and quiet, and this isn't the place. Walking around London she stopped in front of the park and looked at the iron gate and sighed once again.

What was she doing here.

Maura didn't know , she always seem to find herself wondering around this park hoping to run into someone and start a conversation, but no luck yet.  Maybe she was hoping to run into a friend or so,  although she came to this park every day lately with no luck, but something about this park was comforting.   Maybe it was where her and Ryo met,  she bit her lip at the thought of that sighing as she thought of him.  Her mind often wondered how he been or where he been, she hasn't heard from him since they were at primrose hill together and he kissed her,  well it was on the cheek but it still wasn't something she expected in the least.   She was beginning to wonder if he forgot about her or something,  she sure didn't push the issue she didn't want to appear as stalkerish or creepy, it wasn't her thing.

Lately Maura been keeping up with being a healer as well as helping her mother with her candy store with it being summer, alot of kids were in the store all the time buying sweets.   Although she didn't mind, it kept her mind off of things and allowed her to connect with her mum, something that she really needed to do since she graduated.  Plus it kept her mind clear of things, and that was thinking of Ryo lately, something she happened to do alot lately even if she tried not to.  Although it was harder said then done, alot of places she went to reminded him of her, was she going crazy?  Maybe she was,  although she never felt like she did when she was with him, and her she sworn not to fall in love but Ryo was breaking down her walls and it scared her.

Shaking her head,  she walked into the park and headed towards them swings and started swinging on them, she didn't know why but it calmed her mind even if it was a little bit.   Stopping and getting off she laid down on a soft patch of grass and looked up at the clouds watching them move across the sky and form into different shapes, often she'll see a Teddy Bear or a lion, but it'll fade away into a different shape before she saw it.   Looking at the sky she giggled as she seen a bunny on a bicycle,  ok... that was a bit weird, but that's what she saw.  Closing her eyes she started relaxing under the tree in the soft green grass,  the cool breeze rustling through her hair as she smiled.
Maura Goldstein
Maura Goldstein
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Number of posts : 1235

Back to top Go down

Green grass and summer breeze help the mind stay at ease  Empty Re: Green grass and summer breeze help the mind stay at ease

Post by Ryo Hiroku Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:50 am

Ryo needed a day off.

Yes, he was exhausted and how could he not be? He was a Ministry employee, which was demanding enough without the added luggage of being a shop owner as well. Ryo had decided that while he loved both things very much, he needed a break to take some time to be by himself without having to worry about either of them. It had taken a while, but he'd gotten the work he needed to done at the Ministry so he was able to take the rest of the afternoon off and the next day too.

All that was left was for him to check on the shop now, though he was sure his employees had things under control. Ryo was a pretty laid back boss, so his crew never really had a problem with telling him whenever there was a problem with something. Since he hadn't gotten any kind of word of a problem, he was sure nothing was going wrong. But that still didn't mean he was going to go off without checking in on them. Surprise check ins always kept everyone on their toes, which was a great thing in Ryo's mind.

He didn't spend much time in the shop after arriving, though. Jackson, the eighteen year old he'd hired a couple of months ago, did a good job of running the shop while he had to be away, so Ryo felt confident in leaving the shop in his care often. The vampire checked some of the items, got a run down of the most recent sales and checked up on some of the animals. After going through his routine, Ryo praised Jackson on the great job he was doing in running the shop, and he left Eyelops'.

The one thing that was constantly on his mind, through all of the stress of work was Maura. It was thanks to Hit that she was constantly on his mind too, because the Gryffindor was always asking about her and how she was doing. Ryo felt bad that he couldn't give her an answer because he hadn't really had much time to talk to her. But it was something that couldn't be helped with how busy the two of them always seemed to be. But it still didn't mean that he didn't want to know what was going on with her. He was curious, but he always felt like he would only bother her if he were to ask her anything. He knew how demanding being a healer was.

After wandering about for a while, Ryo ended up at the same park he always went to, near his flat. It was fitting he thought, that while she was on his mind, he would end up at the place where they met by accident. He couldn't help but smile at the memory, and blinked when he saw a familiar figure in the distance laying under a tree. He became curious once again, wondering if it was always coincidence that they seemed to run into each other and he quickened his pace to reach the figure, which as he got closer, he confirmed was in fact Maura.

He was glad that she had decided to lay in the shade, because the sun was shining a bit too bright for his liking and he was about to lose it from the brightness.

"Hey, fancy seeing you here." He smiled down at Maura, kneeling over her, close enough that his blonde locks brushed by her face.
Ryo Hiroku
Ryo Hiroku
Seventh Year Hufflepuff
Seventh Year Hufflepuff

Number of posts : 994
Special Abilities : Metamorphmagus

http://khandvampireknight.forumsmotions.com

Back to top Go down

Green grass and summer breeze help the mind stay at ease  Empty Re: Green grass and summer breeze help the mind stay at ease

Post by Maura Goldstein Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:13 am

Maura was glad her mother gave her the day off and she was off today,  with everything that been going on, she felt like all she did was eat sleep and breathe being a healer and working at her mum's candy store even if it kept her busy and her mind off of things.  Although Maura loved doing both of her jobs,  a nice break from them would be nice, and was glad that her mother let her have the day off, she definately missed being outside enjoying the fresh air.  Besides she sure needed it,  she was so pale from not being outside, but then again she was always pale and the sun hated her almost as much as it hated Ryo.  She swore she was half vampire herself or so,  every time she was out in the sun she gotten sun burned which was why she liked the winter time, the sun wasn't out much.

Maura wondered how her mother's candy shop was doing without her, she was tempted to go back and see for herself, but she thought against it.  Besides she needed a day off to relax and take it easy, not worry about anyone else but her for that matter and that's what she intended on doing for the rest of the day.  Besides maybe just maybe she'll ran into someone, but with her luck lately she didn't see that happening anytime soon or in the future.  She was starting to miss her best friend Anya and wondered where she been, it been like ages since she saw her and she was getting a bit worried, afraid that the someone got her best friend or so.  Nah... she was probably thinking the worst thing that could possibly happen to her, Anya was a strong girl and probably just busy like she is or shall she say was.

Maura looked across the street as far as she could at her mother's candy store, she could see people walking in and out of it,  she knew that she was busy but her mother did tell her to have fun and she could handle it.  She didn't want to let her parents down, she felt she did enough of that when she went traveling the world to find herself, but the thing is she still isn't sure she as.  Although she was slowly starting to find her way in this crazy place called the world, although she was still very lost and didn't trust that much people, but hey it was all work.  All she knew that she was alot more opened since she met Ryo and Hit, but she still had her walls up to protect herself from getting hurt, she couldn't deal with the pain all over again.  That was why she tried so hard to keep her walls up around Ryo, but he always managed to get pass them or break them down,  if he ever did he'll see a girl who isn't as strong as she looks on the outside but hurt and broken and afraid to let people in afraid she'll get hurt.

Ryo was always on her mind,  she thought about him when she woke up and when she went to bed,  he was always on her mind.  Her cousin Nate even asked why she haven't received any text or anything from him since that day at Primrose Hill, she simply told him that Ryo was probably really busy like she was, it was never easy having a job in the ministry no matter what you do. Maura didn't know how he was lately, but she had a feeling that he was fine and probably as stressed from working as she was and quite honestly she didn't blame him. With life being crazy for the both of them, it was hard to keep in contact with each other,  even when they wanted to or they tried to. That was how life was,  it went on and was crazy at times but didn't mean she didn't try to make time for everyone.

Her eyes still closed enjoying the nice breeze on her skin, she all the sudden looked confused as the sun went away and she had more shade then she  had before.   Feeling someone hovering over her,  she opened her eyes to see Ryo kneeling down besides her.  Feeling his blonde locks brush against her face she smiled.  "Shall I say the same thing to you as well,  did you get the day off?" she asked him looking up at him.   "I... I know this might sound lame and silly but I missed you,  I missed seeing you and talking to you."feeling her cheeks turn red as she looked up at the clouds. She missed him more then anything,  clearly the expression on her face told him how happy she was to see him as well as her eyes that sparkled happily at the sight of him before her.
Maura Goldstein
Maura Goldstein
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryo Hiroku Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:18 pm

If his heart could beat, it would have missed one just now.

Ryo felt the pang of emotion, similar to that of when a person's heart "skips a beat" when they hear something that makes them either extremely happy or extremely upset. For him it was the former, thankfully. Of course, it took the man a few seconds to realize what the emotion had occurred from. And with that, came the feeling of guilt.

Maura had missed him, and while he'd missed her, he hadn't tried to contact her. That was where the feeling of guilt came into play. Both emotions flickered in his features before a semi empty gaze met Maura's sparkling one. Wasn't that just great? The girl he was supposed to like was telling him she missed him and he couldn't even form a sentence in response.

Not to mention he was staring almost blankly at her when he shouldn't be.

He suddenly felt too close to her for comfort and pulled away, allowing his legs to give out under him, collapsing onto the grass just inches away from where Maura laid. It all looked so natural and planned, but in actuality it had been a spur of the moment thing where his mind had taken over and was now racing with thoughts that it shouldn't be racing with.

He was determined to not let his mind ruin this reunion, because it would probably ruin it more for Maura than for him, so he smiled back at her. It was slightly belated, but it was better than continuing to stare at her with no emotion. "I missed you too." Words finally formed and flowed from his mouth, though admittedly in a softer voice than he had originally imagined they would. It was strange, but he couldn't say it enough, he felt like a teenager with his first crush all over again. Nervous, barely able to think or speak, and falling over himself.

His smile widened slightly as he thought about it. He didn't think he'd even felt like the mess he felt like now with his first crush. It was definitely strange but then again so was he.

"What have you been up to?"
Ryo Hiroku
Ryo Hiroku
Seventh Year Hufflepuff
Seventh Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Maura Goldstein Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:43 pm

Maura looked up at him and frowned, maybe she shouldn't have said that, it seem like it caught him completely off guard or so she didn't know what it was but there was almost a blank look on his face.   She looked at him for a few minutes wondering if she should run away from him in embarrassment or stay util he snapped out whatever trance he seem to be in.  Did she surprise him that much that he didn't know how to act but look at her with a semi blank look on his face?  he was beginning to make her think that she shouldn't have said what she said, no matter how true it was.  Looking away she looked back at the clouds she didn't want to stare back at him, she was going to allow hin to think and regain himself or whatever he needed to do.

Seeing him collapsing beside her, she gasped and looked at him with a worried expression.  "Are you alright?  you looked like you landed pretty hard."  looking him over to see if he was ok.   It was as if her healer mode kicked in for a minute, before she realized it was Ryo and laughed at herself.   This was Ryo were talking about, it probably didn't hurt him in the least,  but still didn't mean that she didn't care.   Although he didn't appear to be hurt, she knew if she landed like that she'll be hurt but maybe that was different between her and him.

She looked up at him and lifted her eyebrows at him,  she wasn't expecting him say anything let alone snap out whatever trance he was in.   She smiled back at him. "I was beginning to wonder if you were going to stare blankly at me all day or say something."  she laughed although stop as she realized something.  Things were still a bit weird for them or at least to her they were,  she looked down at the grass picking at it to avoid him her mind racing.  Feeling her heart beat against her chest,  she calmy told herself.   'Stop beating so fast heart, you have no reason to.  Although her heart seem to think differently and have a mind of it's own,  but it only seem to act like this when she thought of Ryo or was around him.

Although knowing that Ryo could probably hear her heart  she looked at him and bit her lip thinking at his question.  What has she been up to lately?  Not a whole alot other then working and help her mum with the candy store,  but other then that, she really hasn't been up to a whole lot.  She shrugged.  "Not a whole lot working and helping my mum with her candy store,  not much going on with me what about you?" she asked him looking up at him curiously.   "Any new ghost friends that I need to meet?" she asked him jokingly and chuckling.  Although she was just joking she stopped, that might be a touchy subject to him, she didn't know so better stopped ahead of time.
Maura Goldstein
Maura Goldstein
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryo Hiroku Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:54 am

Ryo laughed nervously. Merlin was he bad at all of this. This was probably why he hadn't thought about liking or dating anyone for the longest time. It was all so hard, especially when he got all awkward like he was now. He cleared his threat and rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly, his gaze down at the grass in front of him.

"I'm sorry, it was just.. I didn't expect for you to say that." If his heart could race right now, it would be.

"Y'know, I'm not good at this kind of thing. I think the last gir- er.. person I was like this with thought I was crazy because I couldn't process how any of this went." He started explaining. He wasn't sure what he was trying to say, but he was glad he was able to stop himself from saying the word he almost did. He wasn't sure if Maura had caught it (Merlin he hoped not), but he knew they were far from being there.

He wanted to be closer, but he didn't know how to go about it. He had started withdrawing into his thoughts when Maura mentioned ghosts and he shrugged. "Not really, it's actually been pretty.. dead." He smirked to himself, proud of his joke. The man cleared his throats almost immediately after. "They've been pretty well behaved lately, surprisingly enough."

Not that the ghosts were ever too bad. Poltergeists were different but they hadn't really had much talk of them lately. Everything seemed rather normal for the supernatural- as normal as any of that could get, at least.

"I take it you just left your Mum's candy store then?" Ryo asked. "You have a faint, sweet smell to you." He closed his eyes as he inhaled to better process the smell Maura gave off, without getting close to her.
Ryo Hiroku
Ryo Hiroku
Seventh Year Hufflepuff
Seventh Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Maura Goldstein Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:46 pm

Maura looked at him and smiled nervously at him. If he was bad at this, she was downright horrible at it. It been ages since she felt like this, and what was weird thing about it she forgot how it felt. She haven't dated or liked anyone in ages herself, she wasn't sure what to do or how to act. She was so nervous that she felt herself growing red and her heart beating so hard against her chest she felt like it was coming to beat out of her chest. She looked at him for a few seconds before looking back down at the grass playing it it merlin could this be anymore awkward.

Maura looked up at him blushing and biting her lip. "Why didn't you expect me to say that it's the truth, I really have missed you lately."

Maybe she shouldn't have told him that, things were getting more awkward for them.

She nodded. "I... I know, I understand but it's ok it's just me Ryo besides I'm no one special." she said shrugging as if it wasn't no big deal. She looked at Ryo and bit her lip, was he trying to tell her what she thinks is he? Wait.... he's just simply talking right? It didn't mean anything special or anything like that. "I don't think you're crazy Ryo, I think it's cute but then I'm weird and awkward." Then again she was weird and awkward herself, so to meet someone like him was one in a million.

Looking over at him she laughed at his joke, she had to admit it was pretty funny. She wanted him closer to her, but she knew that would be awhile until they were going to be close again. The last time they were close was when they danced together at her birthday party and he kissed her on the cheek, but that seems like ages ago. "That's good I'm glad everything is going good." Looking back up at the sky she sighed happily to herself.

She knew that not all ghosts were bad, she knew that from her Hogwarts years. Although she knew how Poltergeists were, honestly anyone that went to Hogwarts knew, they were evil.

She nodded. "Yeah I did, how did you know?" she said realizing that she probably smells like she did. She nodded. "Sorry... if that bothers you I can sit away from you some, I do always smell like vanilla though just like the smell of it." She closed her eyes taking everything in, although they weren't saying much she enjoyed being with him.
Maura Goldstein
Maura Goldstein
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryo Hiroku Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:48 pm

"Oh, no you're fine. I like the smell actually." Ryo admitted as he moved forward slightly to get closer to Maura. He wasn't usually one for sweet smells or sweets in general, but for whatever reason he didn't really seem to mind it right now. Maybe it was just because it was Maura. Or maybe he was sick.

Nah.

He shrugged, looking up at the sky as he brought his knees closer to his chest. He wrapped his arms around his knees and opened his mouth to speak. "That's nice, y'know?" He sighed. "To be missed by someone. I know it's kind of weird to hear me say that, but I.. appreciate the fact that I'm important enough to you to be missed." He'd let go of his knees and extended one of his legs while resting his arms behind him.

"It's also a little awkward to call a grown man 'cute', just so you know." He chuckled, finally looking down from the sky to Maura. The eye contact didn't last long, though, as Ryo averted his eyes quickly and looked at the people walking by them. Some were families, some were alone and some were walking their pets. Ryo hardly ever got the chance to rest the way he was right now, and if he was being honest, he was glad he'd been able to find Maura coincidentally to be able to be here with her.

"I know that both of us are always busy," he started blurting out. His eyes were still focused on the people walking by, but the calmness in his voice was enough to tell he was being serious. "But there's something I want to ask you."

Oh how Hit would have wanted to be here.
Ryo Hiroku
Ryo Hiroku
Seventh Year Hufflepuff
Seventh Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Maura Goldstein Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:46 pm

She smiled.  He liked the way she smelled, no one has ever told her that before she didn't know how to act to that but smile.   "Um... thank you,  if you like it so much maybe I should keep this scent." she said shrugging. Feeling him getting slightly closer to her she smiled softly to herself.

She looked over at him.   "I sort of know how you feel, to have someone care about you other then friends and family is nice makes you feel loved alot more at least to me." Looking back up at the sky she sighed softly to herself.  "Why wouldn't I miss you?  I like being around you,  you're fun to be around and you make my day seem better every time I see you." she said blushing.  Did she just admit that to him?  Oh Merlin she felt so embarrassed and now felt like running,  why was she admitting all this to him and why wasn't she running or moving. She looked at away from him biting her lip running her hands through her hair calming herself down.

She laughed.  "Oh well, I'm already awkward and weird so a bit late for that."   It was true though, she wasn't already weird and awkward but she didn't care in the least she was just herself.  She looked at him the same time he did and smiled nervously at him before looking back up at the clouds watching them move across the sky.  She been so busy with work and helping her mother, she forgot what it felt like to relax and take it easy.  It felt like ages since she been to this park,  let alone relax and take it easy.

Still looking at the sky, her eyes looked from the clouds she was looking at.   "Yeah we've been really busy lately,  although I wish there was time so we can see each other more.   " What is it? " she asked him looking at him once again her eyes filled with curiosity.
Maura Goldstein
Maura Goldstein
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryo Hiroku Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:22 pm

Nervousness suddenly took hold of the man as he tried to form a simple sentence in his head. He wanted to ask her an important question and he didn’t think it should be this hard to ask, but memories of the past flashed in his mind and made him second guess himself. What if he was making a mistake?

It had been a while now since Maura found out about his secret. And a while since Hit had spoken to her about what had happened to him, and she had stuck around. Maura had sufficiently proven herself to him about being serious enough to stay in his life now. And he knew that the feelings he had weren’t one-sided. He had been able to find out that she felt the same way, though Ryo couldn’t say it was love; yet. Yet now, at this exact moment even after the planning he’d done, he found himself freezing up when he shouldn’t be.

Hit was right. He wasn’t afraid of a relationship, he was afraid of falling in love. They’d spoken about it multiple times, and while Ryo always denied being scared of both things, he always knew one was the truth. He couldn’t back down now, though. It wouldn’t be fair to Maura, she’s been trying so hard for his sake, even if it had started out as a friendship. He needed to do this, and he was sure Hit would tell him the same thing. He could almost hear her teasing him about being afraid to talk to a girl. That thought alone was enough to get a small grin on his face and gave him a little confidence boost. The boost he needed.

He took his eyes off the path that he’d been staring at, with the people and took a deep breath before looking at Maura in the eyes.

“I know we’ve been going at this for a while, and we’ve been trying to make time to see each other a lot, but I think we need to take what we have a step further.” He was sure she would immediately know what he was talking about with the way he was phrasing everything. “You’ll have to bear with me for a little while longer.. because of.. y’know,” he scratched his head awkwardly, “but I want this to work, so Maura..” he felt his mouth get dry and his chest tighten. Would this really work out? He moved from where he was, positioning himself so he was slightly elevated and took hold of Maura’s hand.

“Would you be my girlfriend?”

(OOC: OKAY IM SORRY THIS TOOK SO LONG. IM A TERRIBLE PERSON.)
Ryo Hiroku
Ryo Hiroku
Seventh Year Hufflepuff
Seventh Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top