Don't look back, just run
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Don't look back, just run Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Don't look back, just run

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Don't look back, just run Empty Don't look back, just run

Post by Christian O'Sullivan Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:57 pm

It was Chris' tradition to run in dawn, every single day. It was the only time of the day when he was alone, accompanied only by his dog. It was silent, empty, cold, beautiful. Christian would play his favorite playlist and just forgot about everything else in the world. He enjoyed cold wind, smells, colors, light, sun.

That morning the weather was more than satisfying. It was relatively warm, considering that last few days were extremely cold, like it was the winter. Sky was clear, with only few clouds and it was October. It was still dark outside when Chris got up, but by the time he left his house, the moon was replaced by the sun.

He was walking the streets waiting for his favourite cafe to start working. They had, in his opinion, the best coffee in town. The place was owned by an old, lovely lady whom Chris met once long time ago. As always, he was the first customer and his coffee was waiting for him at the pult. He drank it in one sip, paid and walked out. He was ready for his tour.
The park in which he ran was across the street. He started slowly, letting his dog run in front, but he was slowly increasing his speed and soon they were running next to each other.

It was probably the weather, but the park was fuller than usual. Chris even recognized a few runner, but was too concentrated on running that he simply ignored them.
After some time he realised he was running behind some girl. It wouldn't be important if she wasn't blonde, but...
"Nym!" he almost screamed as he stopped running, removing his headphones. The girl obviously heard him, she turned, a bit confused. It wasn't her, of course it wasn't. But it was someone he knows but haven't seen for a long time. He couldn't resist a smile, it was nice seeing familiar face. "Alessia Ivashkova."
Christian O'Sullivan

Number of posts : 137

Back to top Go down

Don't look back, just run Empty Re: Don't look back, just run

Post by Dariela McLaggen Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:35 pm

Alessia is a girl who loves sports. In fact, she loves everything that has to do with the movement, any activity that helps her not to think about anything. Because of this, running was ideal for her. On the run she was leaving as soon as dawn breaks, because it was a time when Lucas was still sleeping and she could leave the house. At the same time, it was the only time of day that she could devote to herself.
Since she ran with the first rays of the morning sun, she thought she's running to meet the new day. A little bit funny, but it's her idea.

This morning is very warm, which makes Alessia very happy. The past few days was cold, and it was not a pleasure for her to run as usual. However, now the first rays of the morning sun warmed her face and she could enjoy.

A few days ago she revealed a park near her home which was ideal for running. This morning there were more runners than usual, but she did not mind. She started to run slowly, but soon accelerated pace. He always measured the time during running and she hoped she would now bring down her record. She ran relaxed, ignoring much of what is happening around her, as well as the passers-by.

Suddenly, she heard a loud calling. Someone who was standing a little behind her called name 'Nym'. Near she was no response, and a little confused she turned to see who's calling. At first, she didn't recognize a guy who had laughed. But after a few seconds she realized it was her friend she had not seen for a long time.

"Christian?" she was shocked. It's really him, her old friend. He has not changed much, but he's a little harder to recognized. She came to him smiling brightly.
"I can't believe. What are you doing here? "She hugged him.
Dariela McLaggen
Dariela McLaggen
Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 102

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian O'Sullivan Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:20 pm

As she was approaching him, his smile turned into laugh. He spread his hands before she hugged him. "I live here." He kissed her in the cheek before he step back. "You look beautiful, as always."
The last time they saw each other was few years ago, in Paris. It was the time Christian was with Nymeria and Alessia was seeing one guy, Nikolai or something. Chris couldn't remember the name but he knew that eventually they got married. She also wrote him when she got pregnant, which was about two years ago.
Seemed like her life was perfect, like she had it all. And he had nothing. It was always like that. But Chris also heard that her husband died, tho he had no intention to bring that topic up, not for now.

"Man, it's been a long time." he nodded, remembering that last time they had a lunch together. "Can't believe you're here. Why haven't you told me you're in London?"
But there was so many things he wanted to ask her, to tell her. So many things have happened in this few years and Chris really missed talking to someone who would actually be able to give him the answers he needed. Talking to his brother was never an option since he was never there and Hayley seemed preoccupied by her own things. Ally was just the person he needed. And seemed like, from what he heard, that she needed his as well.

"How long will you stay? I missed you." he hugged her again for second, then looked around searching for his dog. When he saw him lying on the grass, few meters away, he looked at Ally again.  He pulled her from the trails, since they blocked the path and there was much more people than it was hour ago.
Christian O'Sullivan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dariela McLaggen Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:42 pm

She laughed at his comment, "You flatter me, as always. Well, you don't look bad too. "
She tried to remember when the two of them the last time saw each other. Probably it was when they met Nikolai. She pressed her lips slightly. It was not something that she wanted to remember at the moment.

"Honestly, I didn't even know that you're here. My coming .. it was kind of sudden, "she remembered how one morning just got up, packed a suitcase and headed over here looking for her husband.
Shee didn't tell anyone about her trip, many didn't even know where she went, and it was fine for her. She was already sick from the amount of views and words of pity that she listened to every day in Moscow.

She loved Christian, as he is brother she never had. Now when she saw him, she realized how much she missed him.
"I missed you too, you are not aware how much" hugged him strongly.
"I'm not sure how long we will stay, maybe a couple of months .. Maybe longer. Maybe we'll be moving here permanently " without Nikolai, her life in Moscow was empty, she could not stay there.

They sat on a bench near the track. She looked at him with a sigh.
"What happened here? Tell me everything, "she laughed mildly, interested in listening to what he would say.
Dariela McLaggen
Dariela McLaggen
Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian O'Sullivan Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:22 pm

"Oh please, I look fantastic" he winked, trying not to laugh. Well, it was the task he failed. But the truth was that he really felt good in his body. With everything going on, he worked out more than ever and the results were visible.

"Yeah, I.. I didn't really wanted to leave Paris but I had to. I left shortly after you."
In her voice there was pain. Christian knew her well enough to know when something is wrong, when something is hurting her. He knew what that was, but there was no cure for her pain. Eventually, they'll have to speak about him, but not here. He won't let her break here.

He touched her chin, moved her head towards the sun. He looked the same way. It was too bright so he closed his eyes, letting sun rays light his face. "If I were you, I would miss me too." he started laughing again. It was nice sound, especially since he didn't laugh in some time. "Hey, what's the young man doing? I would love to meet him."
Chris put his arm over his head, blocking the sun. He looked at her, wondering how does her son looks. Was it hard for her if he looks more like Nikolai? If she sees the love of her life every time she looks him in the eyes? That made him wonder about Seb and Barbi. He felt bad for both his brother and Ally.
"And you know, if you need place to stay, my home is big enough. In case he doesn't cry, if he does... well, we'll come up with something." he smiled only for a second "I think we should take coffee, or better yet whisky. It's a very long story with no happy ending. "
Christian O'Sullivan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dariela McLaggen Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:26 pm

She started to laugh uncontrollably, "I see you're still modest as before. But I have to admit, you really look great," she looked at him approvingly. It is obvious that he devotes lot of time to his appearance, and she was glad for him, he looked really good.

"However, Paris is a city in which we always come back," smiled wistfully.
"I'll probably go back there, I'd like to Lucas grow up in Paris," she laughed. She could imagine herself raising Lucas in her native home. Of course, he will go to Hogwarts as well as his parents, but in the fact there is still time before that. In Moscow was unable to return. She and Lucas do not belong there. Nikolai's family likes Alessia, but she was convinced of the fact that they secretly blame her for his disappearance.

She let him turn her head toward the sun. The feeling was wonderful. After a while she looked at Christian. "Please be a little less modest, this is too much," laughed teasing. She enjoyed his company as always. With him was easy, at least for a brief moment to forget all the problems.

"Lucas is sleeping. I am fortunate he will never get up before eight o'clock. So I have time to run. Of course, I'd love you to meet him, though probably never would have realized he is my son. He has only my hair, "she laughed. Many thought that it would be hard to her to watch Lucas after Nikolai's death, but it was the opposite. Lucas was proof that everything was real, that Nikolai was there and Lucas gives comfort she needed.
"Thank you for the offer," smiled sincerely grateful.
"Lucas doesn't cry, but we have a house. My parents bought a house here in London while I attended Hogwarts, that's where we stayed. "
She shook her head, "I'm not sure about whiskey, I didn't drink alcohol from the beginning of pregnancy. I prefer coffee, "she laughed.
Dariela McLaggen
Dariela McLaggen
Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian O'Sullivan Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:39 am

Sound of her laugh was like a sun after the storm. Christian didn't have much true friends, but those few he had he considered family. He wanted Alessia to be happy, and he was happy that she was still able to laugh after all. So he just smiled, enjoying the moment. If only he had that relationship with his real family. 

"Well, you should definitely go back there. It was good and you were happy. I'm sure Lucas will like it as much as we did." if things were that simple he would go back without second thoughts. Except things were much more complicated and he will probably never be able to go back. "It felt like home." he smiled nostalgically.

Christian checked his watch and he wasn't happy about what he saw. "God, time goes so fast when you're running. It's seven thirty!" he sighed sadly, knowing that he'll have to go to work soon. "How about we run one more circle and then take some coffee. And then we can go your place and I'll meet young man tho I'm not sure he'll like me. I'm terrible with kids." as he got up his dog came, happily wagging his tail, excited for more running. "By the way I haven't drink in years but it sounds nice."
Christian O'Sullivan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dariela McLaggen Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:34 pm

She looked at Christian. An hour with him, and she was already able to laugh again. She really likes him. He was like brother to her, and she was grateful that he is there for her after all.

"Paris is home," she corrected him. This is now operated properly. She'll find Nikolai's body, buried him and then leave. She knows that he wanted her and Lucas to be happy. Alessia knows she will never be happy as before, but Lucas could get a chance for a new beginning.

"Time really flies," she frowned slightly.
"Of course, I'm sure he'll immediately love you just like I did" she smiled and stood up.

They ran another round and then stopped in front of a cafe. They went inside to take a coffee. Though it was early, the cafe was full.
"Some people are obviously always in the mood for socializing, even very early," she said and laughed.
Dariela McLaggen
Dariela McLaggen
Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian O'Sullivan Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:04 pm

Though he loved running, he felt exhausted when they stopped in front of a cafe. As usual, his dog hide in the shadow in front of a cafe, he never liked going in. Christian opened the door and let Alessia came in first. He looked around and indeed it was fuller than usual. He smiled at her, nodding. "Yeah, and I thought we're crazy."
He followed her to the table and set down, took the menu even though he knew what he'll take. He gave it to Alessia and put his elbows down on the table, looking around.

He gave his best not to think about her situation but he was so curious, it was in his blood. It probably wasn't the best time, she looked so happy and he felt awful for what he was about to ask but he just had to. He cleared his throat, straight up in his chair, like when he was doing and interview, and looked at Alessia.
"How are you holding. And don't go with that 'I'm fine' story."

Christian O'Sullivan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dariela McLaggen Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:40 pm

"You're not in some form?" she laughed. Christian was quite tired. She isn't, running is relaxing for her, and today is already passed a lot less distance than usual.
She shook her head, "I don't need the menu, always drink coffee without sugar with more milk," she laughed.
"We can take a coffee and then can go to my place? Lucas could wake up soon," she looked at her watch. Already is 15 minutes to 8. If Lucas wakes up and she's not there, there will be a big problem.

When she heard his question, the smile instantly vanished from her face. There was no point in denying it and she just shook her head.
"I'm not fine, I think I'll never be fine," snorted. She didn't have the strength to look him in the eye, instead she looked at some distant point.
"It's hard ..." she paused for a moment, searching for the right words to describe what she feels.
"A year has passed, but I miss him like the first day. It really sucks when I wake up in an empty bed. Without him, everything seems empty. And most of all, I dread the fact that Lucas won't remember his father, or their long playing" she fell silent.
She thought about Nik and Lucas together. They played, both smiled happily, and Alessia came to them only occasionally crept to grant them both a kiss full of love. That is no longer in her life.
Dariela McLaggen
Dariela McLaggen
Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top