Eats, Sweets, And Candy Treats!
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Eats, Sweets, And Candy Treats! Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Eats, Sweets, And Candy Treats!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Eats, Sweets, And Candy Treats! Empty Eats, Sweets, And Candy Treats!

Post by Madyson Currington Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:03 am

It was a scorching hot day in the village of Hogsmeade, one could certainly tell the country was in the middle of the dog days of summer. Not only were temperatures just peaking above ninety degrees Fahrenheit, but it was also a very humid day as well. One would spot children weaving in and out of ice cream shops, and people dressed in typical summer clothing such as t-shirts, tank tops, and shorts. But one Madyson Currington had a different approach to how she was going to handle the summer weather. She was already prepared to enter her sixth year at Hogwarts, already having purchased new textbooks and other school necessities she would need for the up coming year. The music store she liked to visit was closed while the owner was on vacation, leaving her without new songs to learn. So all in all Madyson was left with nothing to do, a rare occasion that didn't happen too often anymore, and she decided she would make the best of it.

Even though most girls her age were wearing things like tank tops, v neck t-shirts, and shorts that were more than just a wee bit too small, Madyson decided to take a more subtle approach and wear a t-shirt from Love Never Dies, the sequel to Phantom Of The Opera she had went to see at Royal Albert Hall with her parents last summer, a pair of black leggings, and opting to wear flats instead of her usual tennis shoes she wore when heading out. She also decided against wearing makeup like usual, and decided to wear her hair down; another rare occurrence as she usually wore it in a bun or ponytail.

After arriving to the Village Of Hogsmeade, she took the sights around her in and decided to head to Honeydukes, a small sweet shop she hadn't had the pleasure of going too in a few weeks. Weaving her way through teenagers, small children, and other adults who all had the same thought process of wanting a few sweet treats to get through the day with, she made her way to the chocolate frog display. Madyson found it entertaining to watch them jump around the display case and make their enchanted noises, even giving a small giggle to one that jumped right at her.
Madyson Currington
Madyson Currington

Number of posts : 18

Back to top Go down

Eats, Sweets, And Candy Treats! Empty Re: Eats, Sweets, And Candy Treats!

Post by Athena Abercrombie Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:11 pm

Ugh...why did it have to be so bloody hot? She knew that it was the end of the Summer, but seriously this was ridiculous! She felt like she could hardly breath due to the air being so hot and humid, but that was London for you, hot and humid during the summer time. Athena was done with her school shopping for the day, and decided to go to Hogsmeade for nice butterbeer to mellow down after a long and crazy day. Appearing with her parents and siblings, she promised she'll meet them at the entrance of Hogsmeade. As for right now, she wanted nothing more than to get out of this dab blasted heat!

" Bye mum, bye dad I promise to be by the entrance when the sun sets! "said Athena hugging then as she ran off. She ran off towards the three broomsticks but stopped as she finally reached the three broomsticks. Walking into three broomsticks she gotten herself a butterbeer as she sat down in a booth reading a book she gotten from the bookstore not to far from her house. After a hour or so of reading and cooling off, Athena paid for her butterbeers before she went to Honeyduke's one of her favorite shops in Hogsmeade.

It wasn't that far to walk thank goodness, so Athena walked along the path going through teenagers running in and out of the shops with their friends, she smiled to herself before focusing on her designation. Walking into the shop, the bell tinkled above her head, but she simply ignored it. Grabbing a basket she headed towards the chocolate frog display, as much as she loved them, she thought it was fun to watch jump around like a normal frog. Athena remembered at first she wouldn't eat them at first due to thinking they were really frogs, her brother had to explain that they weren't and they were really chocolate.

Watching them up around, Athena let out a small giggle at them as she added a couple to her basket. Athena likes to collect the chocolate frog cards, she had quite a collection as it is, she loved adding more to her collection. So far she hasn't gotten any new ones in awhile, but that didn't stop her from buying them.
Athena Abercrombie
Athena Abercrombie
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 212

Back to top Go down

Post by Madyson Currington Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:34 am

Madyson may not have looked the part, but she loved to collect the little cards that came with chocolate frogs. She had a small collection of the cards in a box under her bed at home. She had some of the more common ones like Harry Potter and Ron Weasley, but more rare ones now such as Chief Warlock Kip Parsons, and Deputy Minister Of Magic Elijah Krum. It amazed Madyson on how many people were on the cards. Sure she had repeat cards here and there, but for the most part she got someone new every time.

As she was gawking at the chocolate frog display, Madyson had realized someone else was also looking at the frogs. It was a girl who looked young, maybe same year or a year below Madyson herself.

Curiosity was starting to get the best of Madyson. She couldn't help but wonder what cards the other girl would get. Grabbing four chocolate frogs for herself, Madyson nerviously walked up to the girl. It wasn't too often she approached someone like this, but the curiosity was simply getting the better of her.

"Hi, I'm Madyson." She began softly. Oh hurry up and spit it out already she thought to herself. It was simply nerve wracking for Madyson to talk to a stranger like this, even an innocent girl she was in front of now. "I was just wondering what cards you're getting with your chocolate frogs. I like seeing them all" she explained. After finally having the courage to speak the sentence to the girl, she felt a little better.

Looking down at her hands, Madyson realized the tight, sweaty grip she had on her basket, while also realizing she was slightly shaking in the knees. The other girl probably thought she was some sort of wackjob or something.
Madyson Currington
Madyson Currington

Back to top Go down

Post by Athena Abercrombie Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:02 pm

Athena jumped so badly at the girls all the sudden outburst, that she almost knocked over the display of Licorice Wands that were behind her. 'Whew...that was a close one, that would've been so embarrassing if I did that!' Athena thought to herself. Regaining herself Athena looked at the girl shyly and smiled sheepishly at her. " H-Hi I'm Athena, Athena Abercrombie, fourth year Gryffindor. " said Athena. 'You got to stop being so shy Athena, not everyone is bad or going to hurt you! she thought to herself. Athena looked at the girl as she mentioned chocolate frog cards and smiled shyly at her,she had ququite a collection, and was quite proud of it.

" Um...sure Madyson, that would be great, do you mind if I look at yours as well? " Athena asked her tilting her head at her. " I have quite a collection of them in a box at home, I been looking for Chief Warlock Kip Parsons, but I haven't gotten him yet. " said Athena. "I have so many chocolate frog cards that I lost count, I have quite a few of the collection additions one as well, I don't know if they're worth anything but I'm keeping them. " said Athena. Athena noticed that it was quite easy talking to Madyson, they shared the same interests collecting chocolate frog cards. She never really met anyone who really had the interest in doing that, some thought she was weird because of it, but she didn't care.

"Do you like any other type of candy besides chocolate frogs? "Athena asked her curiously. " I like the pumpkin pasties, but that's not really a candy right? Although I don't really like the Licorice Wands, don't like the taste of them. ” said Athena. 'Hm...maybe I'll get some fudge from here, if I get some candy here, it'll hold me over until the trolley lady comes on the train.'Athena thought to herself. She was getting the majority of her candy for the trip to Hogwarts, that's if she didn't have it ate by now, but if she gotten alot she never did.
Athena Abercrombie
Athena Abercrombie
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Madyson Currington Sat Aug 15, 2015 5:01 am

Madyson felt bad for scaring the girl, who's name she just learned was Athena, and causing her to jump into the licorice wand display. But instead of telling Madyson off, or even doing something drastic like maybe hexing her, Athena was friendly right back which was actually a surprise to Madyson. Most people she approached out of curiosity usually told her to go away, it was rare she was actually given a kind response.

"No I don't mind" she said as she pulled the cards out of their cardboard containers, careful not to let the frogs jump out. Looking at them herself, Madyson noticed she had gotten this years Transfiguration Professor, Amelia Cooper; along with Minister Of Magic Robert Lupin whom she had already, Headmaster Theodore Rookwood who she had gotten last week, and finally Head Of Gryffindor Melissa Hayes. Madyson was happy she had gotten Amelia Cooper and Melissa Hayes. She hadn't gotten them yet, so she now had two new ones to add to her collection.

Handing the cards to Athena, she responded "Well Chocolate Frogs are my favorite. I also really enjoy lollipops." Other than that though, Madyson wasn't really too big a fan of candy. After eating a few pieces, the sugar usually made her teeth hurt.

"Are you excited for your fourth year? This'll be my sixth year in Hufflepuff." Madyson asked, curious once more. It wasn't often she met anyone as easy to talk to as Athena. Madyson herself though wasn't too excited to be returning to Hogwarts. There was a certain comfort that went along with sleeping in her own room, in her childhood home.
Madyson Currington
Madyson Currington

Back to top Go down

Post by Athena Abercrombie Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:35 pm

Athena looked back to see if she knocked over the Licorice Wands display, she sighed in relief seeing that it was still standing, she just brushed up against it. Although Athena knew if it was someone else, they probably would've told Madyson off or so, but Athena wasn't like that. Athena didn't believe in being mean and cold unless she needed to, Athena might be shy, but there's more to Athena then meets the eye .

Athena nodded and smiled. Athena watched her as she opened her chocolate frog cards, Athena was curious of what cards she gotten. " Ooh...Amelia Cooper and Professor Melissa Hayes nice. " said Athena. Athena reached into the cardboard container careful not to let any frog out, she grabbed two herself. Opening them she seen that she gotten Professor Melissa Hayes as well, but Minister Robert Lupin. " I haven't gotten any of these yet, so I'll add these to my collection. "said Athena happily.

" I like the fudge here, although that's probably the only thing I get here besides the chocolate frogs, not many candy out there that interest me. " said Athena honestly. " Besides I can't eat much chocolate without getting a headache, so I eat other stuff to satisfy my sweet craving. " said Athena.

Athena shrugged. " I'm excited to go back, but I know that it's OWL preparing year, so I'm not looking forward to that. " said Athena. " What about you, are you excited to go back for your sixth year? "Athena asked her softly but curiously. Athena couldn't believe how easy it was to talk to Madyson, it was really easy, maybe making friends wasn't as hard as she thought.
Athena Abercrombie
Athena Abercrombie
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top