O'Leary, Faith
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

O'Leary, Faith Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

O'Leary, Faith

View previous topic View next topic Go down

O'Leary, Faith Empty O'Leary, Faith

Post by Faith OLeary Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:04 am

O'Leary, Faith O0oQkLM

Faith Aileen O'Leary
   ______________________________________________________________________________________

------------------------------------------------------------
   INTRODUCTION

FULL NAME: Faith Aileen O'Leary

NICKNAMES: Mouse

ALLEGIANCE: Neutral- but would be easily swayed with pursuasion

HOGWARTS HOUSE: Ravenclaw, Slytherin

CLASSES: Charms, DADA, Transfiguration, and Potions.

WAND: Brazilwood, 13 and 3/8 inches, rigid, with a core of phoenix hair.

PLAY BY: Emily Rudd

APPEARANCE

HAIR COLOUR: Dark Brown

EYE COLOUR: Bright, Clear Blue

COMPARATIVE HEIGHT: Short

BODY BUILD: Lithe

GENERAL APPEARANCE: One look at this girl could tell a person that she's just as mouselike as her pet, which she usually has resting on her shoulder. There's a sort of very intelligent look in her eyes, though her face usually has a somewhat worried expression on it. She has a tendency to chew her lip and wring her hands, as her anxiety, for no reason in particular (or perhaps, for all the reasons in the world.) She is remarkably tidy, and usually keeps her workspace and dormspaces in the same condition that she keeps herself; neat and very, very clean. In fact, if a person didn't know any better, they might even think the girl might be a little bit of a germophobe. The girl is rarely seen with other people, preferring to keep to herself. Often found with her nose in a book, she seems to be on quite good terms with most of her teachers, as she's always going out of her way to solve problems, do extra credit assignments, and learn as much as she can.

However, if a person were to really get to know this girl, they might discover that she has a slightly feisty side, too. If challenged, she rises to the occasion, and if she is quite trusting of a person- she may even be a little bit playful. Speaking to the girl will reveal a slight stutter; but it seems that the stutter vanishes more and more the more comfortable she is with a person, or in a situation. She seems at her absolute best when in a classroom setting.

PERSONALITY

TRAITS: Faith can be jumpy, a little twitchy, but is also very trusting, caring, and kind.

LIKES & DISLIKES: She likes learning, books, her teachers, and bad boys- but that last one's a secret. She dislikes being noticed, but also dislikes being left out. She dislikes her Aunt Terry, and she dislikes it when she does poorly on any sort of project.

GOALS: Faith hopes to uncover the truth about her family's past, to try and stray away from the sort of magic that she was warned her wand was capable of, and to complete her training as an animagus- something that's helped her try and move on from the memory of her brother's death.

HABITS & QUIRKS: The young lady has a tendency to wring her hands together whenever she's nervous. She also has a very slight stutter that slowly lessens whenever she starts being more comfortable with a person. She however, has a tendency to be far too trusting towards those who show general care for her. Faith tends to be one of the first to answer questions, but one of the last to turn in her homework- she is very thorough with her work, which of course, nearly always has perfect results.

BOGGART: Her greatest fear is that she'll always be as weak as shee feels- but she's also very afraid that she might somehow endanger her parents with her interest in the dangerous.

PATRONUS: On her eighth birthday, her older brother graduated from Hogwarts, which meant he could be at home with her all the time now. He bought her a locket, which she now wears around her neck. The memory of her brother coming home has always been her favorite.

DEMENTOR: The worst memory that Faith has still haunts her to this day- the look on her brother's face when she found him dead.

VERITASERUM: Upon retrieving her wand, she was warned that the magical thing had the potential to do either wonderful, beautiful things, or horrible, disastrous things, and that she ought to be careful with all of her decisions. She also keeps locked away what she recently discovered about her family's past dealings with particularly dark movements and magics.

MIRROR OF ERISED: Her greatest desire is that her brother could still be alive- or maybe that she could get revenge for his death.

PERSONALITY: Faith is an incredibly intelligent young woman who is haunted by the memory of her brother's death. However- though his passing is still painful in her mind, she by no means allows it to control her life. Or rather, she doesn't think she does. She's incurably curious, and constantly seeks answers to just about any question that pops into her head. She's loving and caring towards those who she connects with, and is always willing to help anyone who needs a hand- even if she has trouble conveying it. Unfortunately, she's also slightly gullible, and easily swayed into making decisions- whether they're good ones or bad ones. She's very shy, but tries her hardest, which can sometimes result in very awkward situations for her and others.

FAMILY & POSSESSIONS

FATHER:  Colin O'Leary

MOTHER: Dorothy O'Leary

SIBLING/S: Vincent O'Leary- deceased

OTHER: Terry Lawson- Aunt

BLOOD STATUS:  Mixed Blood, nearly pure- her Mother was a Muggle-born Witch, Father was a Pure-blooded Wizard.

SPECIES: Human

SOCIAL STATUS: Wealthy

PET/S:
   A very small white mouse named Theodore.

OTHER POSSESSIONS: A small golden locket she wears around her neck- it has a picture of her and Vincent on the inside.

CHARACTER HISTORY

Early Years: Miss O'Leary's background is kept very well hidden, for the most part. Her family perhaps hasn't always been the greatest sorts of folks. Her mother and father both were in House Ravenclaw, and she hopes to be in it too, but that wasn't always the case for her family. As it stands; there were, at one time, several Slytherins, and even a few rogue wizards, all who weren't exactly the nicest people, nor on the 'proper' side of the law. Her mother and father did everything they could to steer her in the right directions, away from any sort of dark lifestyle- but her life, three days before her first day at Hogwarts, was forever changed by the sudden- and violent- death of her older brother, Vincent. Faith didn't witness his death personally, but heard what sounded like a scream, and when she arrived in the room she'd heard it from- she was the one to discover his lifeless body. It is highly speculated that the cause of her shy, nervous behavior must have been this very incident- and secretly, she agrees.

Hogwarts Years: Her first two years at Hogwarts were spent madly searching for any sorts of answers as to what had happened to her brother- and her searches brought her to dark discoveries that she only felt tempted to explore more. Being naive as she was, she entertained these temptations, which eventually led to her discovery about her talent with dark magic, particularly curses and hexes. The discovery, however, scared her very much, and she stopped practicing, thinking it to be a horrilble idea entirely, that wouldn't bring any good to her, or anyone else for that matter.

Adulthood: N/A

BEHIND THE CHARACTER

ALSO KNOWN AS: Alice

RP EXPERIENCE: I've been writing since I was 10, and I'm 21 now, so, I think I've got a bit under my belt. :3

HOW YOU FOUND US: Puddifoot

MAIN CHARACTER: Faith O'Leary

PURPOSE OF CHARACTER: I just really want to roleplay  in what looks like a pretty great community. :3

RP SAMPLE:
Spoiler:

Last edited by Faith OLeary on Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Faith OLeary
Faith OLeary
Fourth Year Ravenclaw
Fourth Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 25

Back to top Go down

O'Leary, Faith Empty Re: O'Leary, Faith

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:34 am

Hi, Alice! Welcome to PA!

I've read your app, and I like her. I think she's going to be a lot of fun. Just one comment, by PA's standards, she'd be a halfblood. First, the muggleborn mother plus pureblood father would create a halfblood lineage. In addition, we've had to restrict pureblood characters pretty much to those who are on our canon list.

But she looks great otherwise!

Accepted and sorted to Ravenclaw!
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22298
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Faith OLeary Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:31 pm

Thank you! I had more meant that, if approved, I'd have wanted her mother to /not/ be muggleborn, as in basically any other version I have of her, she's pure, but that's okay. ;w;

I'm willing to adjust place by place, so halfy she is. owo

Halfy with a desire to... do not so nice things sometimes.
Faith OLeary
Faith OLeary
Fourth Year Ravenclaw
Fourth Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:34 pm

well, its nice to have a character that sometimes operates in gray areas. I rather like those. for me, I think they can have more depth, and I like writing them.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22298
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Faith OLeary Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:14 am

So do I. I particularly like Faith, because she has the potential to become a very dark wizard, if the wrong types of people were to get a hold of her. owo It puts a whole bunch of options out there.
Faith OLeary
Faith OLeary
Fourth Year Ravenclaw
Fourth Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top