Show me the meaning of this crazy thing called life! - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Show me the meaning of this crazy thing called life! - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Show me the meaning of this crazy thing called life!

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Show me the meaning of this crazy thing called life! - Page 2 Empty Re: Show me the meaning of this crazy thing called life!

Post by Sophia Granger Tue May 13, 2014 1:54 am

Sophia sighed, maybe he had a point in some ways but Sophia couldn't see a happy ending in all this.   It was a bunch of chaos  and people leaving the wizarding world and going into hiding.   Maybe the ministry was doing it for the greater good,  but weren't people able to have babies on their own?  They sure didn't need the ministry making them have kids.  Sophia just felt they should have their own freedom in the world and decide their own destiny.

Sophia sighed and shook her head.  " I honestly don't believe that Kip,  maybe you're right but right now I don't see it. " said Sophia honestly.   " All I see is chaos in all this Kip,  I don't see any happiness."said Sophia softly but honestly.   " How can you see something that isn't there,  when you're in a dark tunnel how do you find the light when there isn't any?"Sophia asked him.  " I know the world is in for darker times,  but how can we be prepared with how things are now?"Sophia asked him softly.

The ministry was so wrapped up in this stupid law,  what were they going to do when darker times came?  They were so worried about the stupid growth of the world,  they forgot to protect their people.  People going missing and Khaat attack,  Sophia wondered where the ministry loyalty lied.  It sure wasn't with the people that was for damn sure.
Sophia Granger
Sophia Granger
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 11575

Back to top Go down

Show me the meaning of this crazy thing called life! - Page 2 Empty Re: Show me the meaning of this crazy thing called life!

Post by Kipling Parsons Wed May 14, 2014 6:22 am

He was simultaneously irked and amused by her opening statement. She didn’t believe it, but he was right? Oh, it was not a reasoning he would ever take surely – if something was right, he believed it – but he also respected people’s rights to faiths and religions he did not believe to be truth. Perhaps this was one of those situations, too. And even though he would love to argue more with her – it was so entertaining when his opponent had the will but not the firepower – he knew he had to draw the line. It simply wasn’t fair. And besides, she had conceded a bit, given him the metaphorical tip of the hat on the logical side of things.

She was trying to speak philosophically. He gave her credit for trying, but there was no philosophy that did not have its leanings on logic, and she had not been very keen on that line of reasoning. He might need something stronger than what he was drinking if he was going to continue this discussion. He finished his drink and rapped his knuckles on the bar, listening to Sophia the best he could as he decided on his drink of choice. By the end of her little tirade of questions, no room for answers of course, the bartender had arrived. Kipling turned and gave a smile. “Anything with gin in it, please.” The bartender bowed his head and set about making him something.

Kip turned back to Sophia. “It’s a well-known philosophical and scientific fact that without darkness there is no light, and therefore, there is nothing. Be grateful you have a tunnel of darkness, because that means you are moving towards the light. Being in the light for too long is much more frightening, because you become blinded and cannot anticipate the darkness.” Not much logic, but the words were pretty and they made some sort of sense. “Also, the reason the marriage law is unfair is because there are plenty of artificial means of righting the population problems that do not require strangers marry and bed each other unwillingly. That’s why this whole marriage law thing is ‘stupid and dumb.’” Someone with pride or a keen awareness would recognize the slight insult against her intelligence in there, but Kip couldn’t help it. His drink arrived and he punctuated his decisive ending to the debate with a drink.
Kipling Parsons
Kipling Parsons
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 98

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophia Granger Thu May 22, 2014 2:02 pm

Sophia knew that this wasn't going to go anywhere, she was clearly over her head with a damn philosophical genius! " Oh bloody hell. " Sophia thought to herself. Although Kip might think she's a little off, she certainly wasn't stupid. Sophia just seen things differently than he did. Although he did make her do alot of deep thinking, something she haven't done in a while.

Turning to the bartender he gave him a soft warm smile. " Anything strong please. "said Sophia as the bartender raised a eyebrows at her. " I can handle my liquor quite well. " said Sophia honestly as the bartender nodded making her a strong drink. Taking the drink Sophia took a drink of it calming her nerves once again. " You know Kip, you really know how to make someone deep thinking come in. "said Sophia chuckling. " So what are you some philosophical genius?"Sophia asked him curiously.

Surely he had to be one, he was talking like one and thinking like one. Sophia be the first to admit, she never really had anyone who talked to her like this. She guessed there was a first time for everything. Life experiences was what made you stronger, but they sometimes made a person fail before they became stronger. Like the old saying goes, you must crawl before you walk.
Sophia Granger
Sophia Granger
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 11575

Back to top Go down

Post by Kipling Parsons Sat May 24, 2014 5:10 am

She said nothing. Whoops. Had he stunned her into silence? She had been so talkative before. He supposed that was what happened when people ran out of valid points in an argument. He wasn't sure - it had never happened to him. The person he knew best who was typically outwitted was talkative too - Kenna. But Kenna had her own brand of clever that none of the men could fully match. When she lost in a debate or discussion, she was quick to recover with a joke or quip. It was rare that she ever lapsed into silence and, when she did, she almost always ame back with a surprisingly profound comment. She joked that she had learned genius from them, but Kip just knew she was more clever than she let on. She just had yet to cultivate her mind the way he and his friends had. Because she was busy having a real job.

Sophia began ordering a drink and Kip wondered, fully amused, if she had lost interest in their conversation and was going to abandon him after all of that wonderfully reasoned logic. With a smile, he turned his attention back to his fish and chips. He often forgot to eat, and it was for the exact reasons that this meal had been so untouched. These discussions, with amatuer or professional participants alike, always took precedence to food. Many days had been concluded with the sudden, amusing realization that he had forgotten, once again, to take in a single bite of food. It just wasn't a priority to him.

Now he was able to eat. He ate one of the fish fillets as Sophia tried to convince the bartender that she could handle an alcoholic beverage. He was on a chip when she suddenly asked him if he was a genius. He swallowed and let out a laugh. "Me, a genius? Oh no." His I.Q. test would disagree with him. His humility would not allow him to admit to it. "I just put a lot of time and effort into informing myself as completely as possible on as many subjects as possible. I have a keen interest in the political atmosphere of the world, not just Britain. Britain takes precedence, of course, since I am most directly influenced by what happens here. Genius? No. I merely observe and analyze."
Kipling Parsons
Kipling Parsons
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 98

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top