Show me the meaning of this crazy thing called life!
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Show me the meaning of this crazy thing called life! Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Show me the meaning of this crazy thing called life!

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Show me the meaning of this crazy thing called life! Empty Show me the meaning of this crazy thing called life!

Post by Sophia Granger Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:10 pm

Things were starting to look up for Sophia Annabelle Granger, she was starting to believe in a simple thing called love again some. It was all because of a Felix Barker, a man she used to hate but now started have feelings for, and it honestly scared the hell out of her. Not only was she falling for someone that tortured her, but he tortured her friends and loved ones, Sophia wondered why she took him in. Maybe she was an idiot like Felix or she really believed in him. Sophia honestly believed in him, but he was bringing sides out of her she didn't even know she had anymore. But did she honestly want those sides to show everything that happened to her, did she want to laugh and love again? Felix brought those sides out of her just by talking to her through the whole two days he been with her.

Yes, not only was she falling for the wanted criminal, he was stayed in her house the pass to nights. Ok...now I know what you're thinking, but no Sophia didn't sleep with him. No he slept in the guess room, while Sophia fell asleep on the couch in her dining room but she couldn't remember last night though. But what she remembers is that she did wake up in her bed. Although she did wake up with a headache from hell so she had to be drinking last night.

Luckily being an healer had it's perks, she gotten a bottle that cured her hangover right up. She was lucky no one noticed that she had one when she arrived to work this morning. But it been so long since Sophia drunk, they probably didn't think anything from it. Now on her way home, Sophia headed towards the Leaky Cauldron to get some food for her and Felix to take home. She usually cooked her own meals, but she was to tired to cook tonight.

Walking into the dim lit pub, she walked up she walked up the bar and gave the bartender a weak smile. " May I have two cheeseburgers and two fries to go please?"Sophia asked him as he wrote down the order and took it to the kitchen. While waiting Sophia ordered a nice butterbeer. Her chocolate brown eyes looking around the place, while her black nails tapped the bar. "Come on, I want to get home, I'm beat. " Sophia muttered to herself.
Sophia Granger
Sophia Granger
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 11575

Back to top Go down

Show me the meaning of this crazy thing called life! Empty Re: Show me the meaning of this crazy thing called life!

Post by Kipling Parsons Thu May 01, 2014 2:00 am

Kip did not agree with everything Durmstrang taught, but they let him teach an Ethics course on Dark Arts, and for that he was grateful. He did not know yet what he believed. He treated the class like a sounding board. He presented opposing views on the topic and then let the kids discuss and debate, remaining the quiet judge who stepped in to correct fallacy and bias. Mostly, there was no headway. Most of the students just repeated again and again phrases like 'magic is might' and spewed out horrid supremist ideals that Elliot was always quick to discount and argue. A few had some clever ideas. For example, Ana Stolsky had suggested the whole concept that Avada Kedavra was the most painless form of euthanization that magical society currently had.

Never mind how interesting or challenging the course was, Kip was still incredibly tired after teaching young hooligans for a long, steady hour. Even so, he was physically tired, but his mind was a-stirring. Ana was a clever pupil. He was hoping that he could guide her into a field where her mind would be of use. Maybe introduce her to his little group of philisophers to try and encourage her. His fear was those clever pupils he took an interest in would fall victim to the pureblood trap of marrying young. And he knew that marriage was the birth of domesticity and the death of creativity.

He decided on The Leaky Cauldron because it was the place where he knew he could observe specimen of the human race and perhaps even interact. People at the Leaky always seemed willing to strike up conversation, or were willing to be engaged with, unlike places like the Hog's Head where everyone kept to themselves. He was certain if he settled in at the bar of the Leaky, he could enjoy the physical rest his weary body so needed, while enjoying the stimulation a partner in conversation would surely bring him. Besides, he eneded someone his age around to break the motonomy of a long day full of teenage hormones.

Kip came in, looking slightly overdressed for the casual environment of the bar, but he did not mind. He had come straight from Russia, after all, so who was to say he had time to change? He sat and ordered himself a beer and a basket of fish and chips. He picked the fish apart with a fork, ensuring it was really fish, and forgot to eat as his beer distracted him from the task of eating. Forgetting to eat was a common occurence for the man, as he often fell into thoughts that ran deeper than the need for food.

It was a woman who took his interest. She approached and with a weary voice requested her order. He glanced over her, but continued to think within his own little realm. A quiet complaint from her however stirred him back to her. He smiled a bit and said, "You know - just smiling is proven to improve your mood. It releases endorphins." He paused, smiling at her, hoping to engage. He needed a new mind to challenge. He put a hand out for her to shake. "Kipling Parsons."
Kipling Parsons
Kipling Parsons
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 98

Back to top Go down

Show me the meaning of this crazy thing called life! Empty Re: Show me the meaning of this crazy thing called life!

Post by Sophia Granger Thu May 01, 2014 3:45 pm

Sophia looked at the man and rolled her eyes. " I don't smile unless there's something to be happy about. "said Sophia softly. " Pleasure to meet you Kipling, may I call you Kip for short?"Sophia asked him softly. " Oh so rude of me, I'm Sophia Granger, "said Sophia softly shaking his hand. "Not trying to be rude Kip, but how keep a smile on your face through all this hell?"Sophia asked him softly. " I mean look at our lives now, run by the damn ministry now days. " said Sophia sighing.

Although why should she care anymore, she lost everything so it wasn't like she had much going on for her. The only thing she was holding onto was Ryo her half brother and Hitame a friend who was like a sister to her. Of course she couldn't forget Maura, but that was it. There was only three important people in her life that made it worth while, without them she didn't see the point of living. In all honesty, Sophia was lost in life, she didn't know where to go. She needed someone or something to guide her back home.

Beforehand, Sophia was a happy go get them type of girl, but after losing everything precious in her life, her soul died little by little. It seemed like everything she worked so hard for in her life died, her kids and her sister due to the green itch and her fiancé Andrian Potter who disappeared. She didn't want the same to happen to Ryo and them, she was scared of losing them. That was one of Sophia's fears, was losing her her loved ones and being alone in the world. Without a family and living without love.

Sophia gave up on love or finding love, it simply didn't exist to her anymore. Of course she loved her family and friends, but she wasn't sure if it was the love she used to have. She wasn't even sure if she , loved tnem, sure she cared about them, but love was a strong word. She was scared to love, due to losing everything when she tried.
Sophia Granger
Sophia Granger
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kipling Parsons Thu May 01, 2014 5:27 pm

She was quick to respond, as Kip had very well expected her to be. It was exactly as he had expected, for people in the Leaky Cauldron seemed to congregate in the hopes of discovering company. No one there truly sought solitude. If they did, they would gather in the Hog's Head where no one ever bothered anyone else. The Leaky Cauldron was a place of social communion, where all sorts gathered to discuss the news of the day. It was no surprise that a simple scientific fact so quickly sparked a conversation with a complete stranger.

"Everyone does," he said, in regards to her request to call him by his shortened name. His smile was gentle and easy, full of the natural charm he got from an uncle he had never met. He smiled wider as she introduced herself, and he took her hand, squeezing it. She spoke again and Kip's eyebrows raised. Oh, so quick to begin spilling phsycological truth as well as social bias. He loved to hear what other people thought of the Ministry, seeing as he and his friends stayed up in the wee hours of the morning discussing political theory.

"Hell?" Kip repeated, deciding he was going to try to hear this woman's side of everything. "Run by the Ministry? Last I checked, people were pretty happy with their elected officials. I've been out of the loop right now, though. Perhaps you could catch me up?"
Kipling Parsons
Kipling Parsons
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophia Granger Thu May 01, 2014 7:43 pm

Sophia looked at him confused, how in the world could he not know about the marriage law? That wasn't a big thing all over the wizarding world, people from all over knew of it. "Wow...you really know nothing about this marriage law?"Sophia asked him softly. " I think it's dumb and stupid in my opinion, people should be able to pick who they want to be with and love not the damn ministry. " said Sophia angrily. " Ok...so some people are happy with their mates, but a lot I seen ruined there lives. "said Sophia honestly.

"Oh did I forget to mention that once there married they have to have a baby within a years time?"Sophia asked him softly. " I mean what the hell? We're just not some gumball machine that can pop out babies when the ministry twists the handle!"said Sophia sighing. " Sorry I'm rambling aren't I? I do that alot when I'm nervous or mad. " said Sophia honestly. " It just makes me mad, although I don't believe in love anymore I don't want my friends to suffer cause of this stupid law. "said Sophia softly. "I'm surprised you don't know about this Kip, where you been these past few months?"Sophia asked him curiously.

Although there was quite a few people who didn't know about the marriage law, her friend Christy was one of them. She even told Felix a wanted criminal and he thought it was dumb as well. She was sure she wasn't the only one who hated this stupid law, her friends hated it more than anything in the world. Although Sophia wasn't picked yet, she still hated it for she hated to see her friends unhappy. Poor Hitame was paired with Nick Potter, someone who left his fiancé alone while he went drinking. Sophia was still tick off at him for that, and didn't trust him with Hitame.

Sophia knew for some it was good, like for Shane and Olivia who were a couple and got paired with each other along with Kenneth and Taranee. She knew Ryo and Maura were together, but that was after Maura's so called Match didn't show up and so Maura was free to marry Ryo seeing how they were already engaged. So a couple of people she knew were ok, but it still was disaster for them.

Sophia Granger
Sophia Granger
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kipling Parsons Thu May 01, 2014 11:28 pm

Sophia was incredulous, and for good reason too. The only people who did not know about the marriage law were those who lived under a rock. The American Ministry knew about the law now, and someone had been working hard to see to it that they remained in the dark about it. Rory had been practically giddy when he found out that the Americans knew, because it was only more proof that his theory about an American spy infiltrating the Ministry. Kip said nothing, just smiled his charming smile, keeping his knowledge inside as he took her in.

"Dumb and stupid." He could not help but repeat the phrase, finding it a bit redundant but somehow charming. He just liked being around minds that were common - which, yes, sounded horribly superior, but he was one to deal in facts, not in insults. Her emotions on the developments were reasonable, and so were the reasons, but she did not seem to be able to voice exactly what was ethically wrong besides the fact that society made them seem wrong.

It was not just her. Kip was one of the few to look at things so harshly. Of course, he had come up with the answer that the policies were unethical, but he had considered them beyond his gut reaction. So he could not help but engage this woman the way he might engage a student. "No, no, I understand. I've just been caught up working abroad, so I have not been able to keep up with the affairs back home."

He paused, looking down the barrel of his beer bottle, before tilting his head up and looking up at her. He eld his bottom lip between his teeth a moment before releasing it and saying. "You know... We have seat belt laws to protect us from getting hurt. Some people argue that we do not have freedom if we don't have the freedom to put ourselves in danger. Now, if we don't control our population, we'll have no magic left in Britain. We're putting ourselves in danger. So if there are two schools of thought - those who say we need to be held to a higher standard that keeps ourselves protected, and those who say we should have the chaotic freedom to put ourselves in danger, which do you belong to? Those for seat belt laws, or against?"
Kipling Parsons
Kipling Parsons
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophia Granger Sat May 03, 2014 2:28 pm

Sophia bit her lip thinking before replying. " I'm against, I honestly don't think the ministry is doing a damn thing."said Sophia honestly. " Other than make our lives miserable. " Sophia replied darkly. " What do you think about all this?"Sophia asked him curiously. She wanted to know his point of view on this. Everyone had their own opinions on this law, so were for it while others were against it.

Some believed it would make the world a better place, but Sophia felt it was making people's lives a living hell. Sophia knew there was always going to be chaos in the world, but creating chaos was a bit stupid in her opinion. Besides they were heading towards some dark times now, did they really think they should have babies and stuff now after Khaat Lupin gotten hurt? James Blood pack was on the lose, and they worried about this stupid law? It just made Sophia mad just thinking about it.

Sophia wondered if the ministry didn't go mad or something, they sure lost it. It seemed like all the cared about was ruining people's lives and making more babies. It disgusted Sophia to see where the ministry priorities were. It sure wasn't protecting them that was for sure. If it was, wouldn't James Blood be caught by now?
Sophia Granger
Sophia Granger
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kipling Parsons Sun May 04, 2014 3:02 am

Kip smiled, hiding the small disappointment with his charming lips. There did not seem to be much depth to the girl, but it was fun to tease, and it was intriguing to see the shallow dregs that society had to offer. It was good to remember, too, that if he ever went into politics, it was this sort of simple mind that needed the most protection. The sort of mind that could feel wronged without explanation, without being able to fully understand the weight of her situation. The poor girl. Talking to her was not a waste though. It was good practice. Kip was used to talking to the brilliant minds of his best friends in the whole world : the Russian professor with a knack for philosophy, the French wandmaker with strength in magic, the Scottish bartenders with a penchant for information. He did not have much experience with normal minds.

“Sophia Granger, the woman who thought we should not wear seatbelts,” he said, giving her the title based on his own philosophy and reasoning. Now he was just toying with the girl, but he hoped it was at least making her think more deeply than she had before. She asked for his opinion, and part of him moaned that it was not fair. He knew exactly what he was going to do. And it was going to infuriate and confuse her, but he had never once cared for his image more than he had cared for knowledge, so he knew there was no going back. Her opinion meant little if it meant that he could get her to think critically about the issue at hand.

“Let’s see…” he said, tapping his beer bottle. “The way I see it, forcing our population to grow gives us hope. We can fight James Blood with more certainty. If we suffer great loss, we do not have to worry about our population dying out, because our children will grow. We won’t all be dead, we would be able to raise the children to ensure we all live. And besides, isn’t it more humane? Our children will be raised in a society where magic is still strong and unpersecuted. If we did not follow through with this law, the children that were born would find themselves in a world where magic is such a small percentage that there is no society for them. They would be on their own, having to hide their magic, unable to control it. Social pariahs, accidental murderers. The children we are being forced to have may be not part of the plan, but they will live happy lives. Would you rather us live in a society where to be magical is to be cruel, isolated, and abandoned?”
Kipling Parsons
Kipling Parsons
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophia Granger Thu May 08, 2014 2:13 am

Sophia chuckled.  " I didn't say we shouldn't,  but shouldn't we be in titled to marry who we want?"Sophia asked him softly.  " I know there only doing this the better good blah....blah yada yada. " said Sophia rolling her eyes.  " But isn't that how it is now though?"Sophia asked him softly.  " I mean the people there pairing are students Kip,  they shouldn't be worrying about marriage they should be worrying about homework!"said Sophia sighing.   " I mean what will pairing off kids do to help the ministry?"Sophia asked him softly.

Sophia didn't know much about politics or anything,  but pairing kids up at the age of sixteen was just dumb in her opinion.  She could see adults,  but really why kids?  They were Hogwarts students,  they were kids they didn't need to think of marriage and pregnancy.   Sophia didn't have any of that in her days of Hogwarts,  all she had to worry about was completely her homework on time.   It was crazy what the world was turning into now days, it was sad.

Sophia noticed Kip seemed for this stupid law and everything that was happening. Sophia didn't see how he could,  didn't he see it was running people lives? Or was he just another heartless spineless ministry official? Reguardless Sophia didn't care,  she had the right to speak her mind.  So here she was speaking her mind about something she thought was stupid and silly.
Sophia Granger
Sophia Granger
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kipling Parsons Sun May 11, 2014 12:52 am

Kip knew he was being, as Kenna would have called him had she been here to see and hear him, a smart-ass little brat. Though this title was not one he wore with shame. Kip was a clever man, ingenious in a few respects, but he did not often expose his intelligence so openly. He was one to usually sit back and farm for the intelligence and the ideas of others. He listened, he questioned, and he rarely showed off. But he had long exhausted the current field for him, which seemed to have revealed its full harvest, and yet he persisted. There was nothing more to show, no fruits to bear, but he pressed on for one simple, undeniable fact.

He was feeling clever.

“I answered that question,” Kip said in regards to her last stated question. “Pairing the young ones off now may be the only thing to ensure us a safe, comfortable future. A bit uncomfortable now, I’ll grant you, but you seem to be a responsible young woman. A dollar saved today may deny you satisfaction now but will provide security later, don’t you think? It’s the same concept.” He took a drink of his tea, the cogs in his mind rolling over one another in a mad attempt to get everything out that had cropped up during Sophia’s little speech. Fortunately, the machine that was his mind was well oiled and well organized. It would not fail him now.

“And I wouldn’t ‘blah....blah yada yada’ the greater good, now. Are you saying the greater good is not important. My dear, Sophia, I may have misjudged you. Don’t you know that the Ministry is only worried about making a better life for us?”

Now he was just taking a piss. He knew the charade would have to end soon.
Kipling Parsons
Kipling Parsons
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top