Not What I Planned - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Not What I Planned - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Not What I Planned

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Not What I Planned - Page 2 Empty Re: Not What I Planned

Post by Simon Marek Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:21 am

Audriana had essentially trained herself to see things in others that they perhaps thought people couldn't see. For Robin, this was his surprise. Needless to say, Aud found it incredibly amusing that someone so solid and seemingly prepared was confused yet pleased with her home.

A huge smile threatened to break out on her face, but she restricted it to a closed-mouthed smirk. Her eyes were undoubtedly full of mirth as he commented on it and sat himself across from her. Just because she could, and because she wanted to see what he would do, she turned and leaned around the high back of her armchair.

"Sophie - tea, if you would!" Aud called out lightly, not wanting to seem impatient or like Sophie was in any way in danger of getting in trouble.

A quiet "Yes, Aud!" came from down the hall, the sound diluted by the distance and height of the hallway. Sophie had been working for Natalia during the year before she died, and Audriana most certainly wasn't about to lose someone who had a connection to her grandmother. The woman, though older than Aud by about twenty years, had become invaluable to Aud in a way that no-one else could.

Turning her torso so she properly faced Robin again, Audriana regarded him silently for a moment before her smile fell. Hands resting on the arms of the chair, Aud sighed quietly. He had just saved her life. While Aud often assisted others in their lives, she had never been able to save anyone - even herself, apparently.

"I owe you." She murmured, hardly able to get the words out. Audriana hated guilt or duty to others more than just about anything. More than she had hated Divination. More than she had hated Gavin's prodding at her in school. More than she hated being alone in her oversized home. "You have to let me make it up to you."
Simon Marek
Simon Marek
Durmstrang Graduate
Durmstrang Graduate

Number of posts : 333

Back to top Go down

Post by Robin Ivanov Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:55 am

Aud called for tea and Robin's face once again twisted into shocked amusement. She had a servant too. It was almost too strange to comprehend, the entire thing. From this one room Robin could tell just how giant her castle was. Their voices echoed on the high ceilings and reverberated through the halls, signaling their emptiness. His cousin Ignatius had quite a similar home in Switzerland. But in actuality, Audriana's house was probably nicer. Ignatius's always smelled like his cigars and mothballs.

Robin was brought back from the memories of the musty castle by Audriana's next comment. "Please, Swan. Haven't you learned anything? You don't want to be in debt to me." Robin smirked at the wonderful memory of her with Falmoth colored war paint and pom poms. Yes, that had been a fabulous day for Robin, made all the better by the obvious humiliation and anger that it had caused in Audriana. He was surprised she dared utter those words again. She was either quite brave or foolishly moral.

"I might have heroically saved your life," he gave her a pointed look, knowing the extent to which he was exaggerating the events of the alleyway, "but you should just thank me and move on. Isn't it easier just to let it go?"

While the idea of Audriana owing him after the retrieval of the necklace had been music to Robin's ears, this was far less enticing. Though his tone was verging on mocking and sarcastic, he genuinely meant it. He had helped her because she deserved to be helped. As a friend acquaintance business partner it felt like Robin's duty to protect Miss Swan against all evil thugs trying to kill her. It wasn't something he wanted to be owed for - it just was.
Robin Ivanov

Number of posts : 428

Back to top Go down

Post by Simon Marek Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:28 pm

Audriana knew that smugness was not exactly befitting a lady – her grandmum would have been quite upset with her. Especially considering that Aud was in Natalia's home. Looking up as Sophie shuffled into the room with the tea, Aud offered the older woman a broad smile. Sophie set down the tea tray and moved to stand at the arm of Aud's chair.

“Need anything else, Audri?” Sophie asked, brushing Aud's hair out of her face lightly.

“No, but thank you. Just had a rough morning is all.” Aud replied lightly, not wanting to go over what had happened. She could only hope Robin would let it go. Once Sophie had left, Aud leaned forward and picked up her cup of tea and relaxed visibly.

Robin's smirk and his use of her last name should have been usual for Audriana, but somehow she was always taken aback by them. He was clearly remembering the last time she made a deal with him, and Aud frowned at the memory. Knowing, as he likely did, that she had been entirely furious, he probably would love to see her angry again. Her mind jumped to the end of that match, when she had been so completely angry with him that she had gotten in his face. Aud had nearly leaned in and kissed him, if only to shut him up. That little girl had run in, though, stopping her. It was for the best, surely.

Looking down at her teacup to avoid looking him in the eye, she listened as he continued. Why was Robin so intent on letting it be? Aud glanced up at him before matching his gaze.

“It may seem like nothing to you, but I will go completely mad if I'm left to my guilt. It isn't just me who could have died in that alley.” Frowning, she added, “I was absolutely no help, and without you, I wouldn't be here at all.”

Wondering briefly if Sophie could hear her, and if she would have to explain later, Aud bit her lip before giving Robin a sad but grateful smile and sipping her tea. As tea usually calmed her, the very taste of it had become a signal for her mind to calm. “You're going to have to put up with me until you allow me to make it up to you, Robin.” Aud's mouth closed abruptly. Had she ever directed a comment to him with his first name? She couldn't remember ever doing so before. Not once. It was either no name, or his last or full name. Never just Robin.
Simon Marek
Simon Marek
Durmstrang Graduate
Durmstrang Graduate

Number of posts : 333

Back to top Go down

Post by Robin Ivanov Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:02 pm

The tea was placed on the table before them and Robin leaned forward, pouring himself a cup of the hot water and selecting a black tea to flavor it. He leaned back in his chair, the cup held loosely in his hand as he watched the interaction between Audriana and her maid. It was curious. He had grown up in a similar situation; maids had always ran around instead of house elves. He had always been kinder to them than his father was but never would his relationship with the help been considered loving or tender. The maid, Sophie, left and Aud spoke again.

Robin considered her words for several long seconds and then nodded, inclining his head in acceptance of her words. "If you insist." Robin took a long sip of the still too-hot tea. For once in his life the Russian boy was at a loss for words. He felt as if he had a world of things he wanted to say and ask but they all jumbled around in his brain, leaving him with nothing. Robin's eyes drifted up from his cup to rest on Audriana sitting across from him.

The tiniest fleck of guilt filled Robin's stomach as he remembered dragging her down the ally. She said she wasn't hurt but Robin wasn't sure if he believed her, though he couldn't bring himself to ask again. He took another deep sip of the tea before setting it back on the table, a tad harder than he had intended and sending a clunk through the echoing house. Robin stood up abruptly and nodded at Audriana again.

"Well, if you're all settled and taken care of I'll be on my way. I've got your address so when I need that favor I'll just.. write." He strode back to the fireplace and pulled a small box from his pocket that contained floo powder he had nicked from the shop. Holding the dust in his hand, Robin turned back to Audriana, saying "I'm sure I'll be seeing you again very soon, Miss Swan." before throwing the powder into the flames and jumping in, shouting the address of his closest wizarding neighbors.

- - -

Robin tumbled into the fireplace of Mr. and Mrs. Goodrich with a thump, knocking over a stack of fire pokers that crashed into a flower vase. Water spread across the floor and from the kitchen Robin heard a yell of "IVANOV!"

"Sorry Mrs. Goodrich!" Robin called back, sweeping the dust that had collected on his jacket on to her white rug.

"GET YOUR OWN FIREPLACE, BOY. THIS IS THE LAST-" But the door slammed and Robin was back on the streets. He continued to sweep off the ash and about a half a block later he turned and vomited into a trash can.

Bloody floo.
Robin Ivanov

Number of posts : 428

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top