It's up to you now, Robin
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

It's up to you now, Robin Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

It's up to you now, Robin

View previous topic View next topic Go down

It's up to you now, Robin Empty It's up to you now, Robin

Post by Hugo Weasley Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:41 pm

Rob

Robbie

Dear Robbie

Dear Robin,

The Dementors aren’t too bad. The bread is stale, though. It’s not like food at Hogwarts. I don’t suppose I have long. I’ve been taken out of my delightful hovel in order to be given a fitness examination by some quack that’s as white as a sheet. Clearly, he doesn’t know how to keep his happy thoughts at bay. I don’t suppose Peter Pan ever thought about Azkaban. Was J. M. Barrie a Wizard, do you know? Find out for me, will you?

Anyway, I’m sorry about my handwriting. It’s crap, you don’t have to tell me. It’s just... it’s been a while since I’ve held a quill and they get funny about it when you tell them you have no idea what happened after a while. I think my wrist was broken. Not entirely sure. The Healer did something to it, in any case. Never mind, eh?

I’d love it if you’d visit soon. My cellblock mates aren’t too fun. One of them won’t stop sniffling. The guy across from me tells me stories about his ancestors as though he was actually there and I swear he’s only twenty. A complete Assassin’s Creed kind of scenario. Do you remember when we played that crazy Muggle game? It was good.

I miss you

Please, don’t tell Gis about this yet. I just...I’m trying to work stuff out.

It wasn’t me, Robin. Please believe me. If you don’t, I’ll know I’m buggered for truth.

Mum didn’t turn up to my trial. Can you believe it?

I only saw dad once but he didn’t say anything. Even Elria didn’t bother.

Sometimes, I think I’m adopted. You know? Like...they couldn’t even be bothered to be there! Not that it’s particularly important now, considering. It’s too late.

I didn’t murder her, Rob. I don’t even know her name. I think they mentioned it at the trial but I don’t really remember.

Listen, I’m sorry. Honestly, I’m surprised I’m this coherent. Must be the joviality of this Healer. Completely stone-faced. What an arse.

You need humour in a place like this.

You don’t have to write but it’d be nice.

Miss you,

Dell
Hugo Weasley
Hugo Weasley
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 401
Special Abilities : Occlumency, Leglimency, Memory Manipulation, Non-Verbal Magic, Wandless Magic

Back to top Go down

It's up to you now, Robin Empty Re: It's up to you now, Robin

Post by Robin Ivanov Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:29 am

Dearest Cordella,

So pleased to hear from you. Of course, I am a bit offended that it took a prison sentence to get you to finally write me.

I'm sorry it's taken so long for me to get back to you. Things have gotten a little.. odd.. since you left the world of the free. I'm not sure how much news you get in there, but the Ministry has gone a bit wonky. They've started issuing out orders for people to marry assigned partners. I've been safe so far, but one of my friends isn't so lucky. I suppose we are all just trying to come to terms with the impending doom of our matrimony.

See? There's some bright side to all the stale bread. At least you aren't being hitched to a pimply Hufflepuff right now.

Also, I imagine you'll be getting an influx of cellmates. Angry ones. They've been threatening life in prison for anyone who doesn't comply. I heard Jack Dyllan made a giant fuss at her meeting, so I'm hoping there will be a little more room on the team now.

I'm sorry I missed your trial. I was in Tokyo for the night. I'll make it up to you somehow. I don't know when they'll let me visit - I wrote the warden last night. Hopefully I'll be allowed in soon, but with all of the craziness I have a feeling that they're not going to be happy about it.

I haven't seen your woman Gisele since you left. As you probably know, school is back in session. I can write her if you ever need me to. I'm sure everyone is missing you.

I miss you.

I know you're innocent. I know it. We just need to find a way to show the world.

Yours,
Robin

P.S. J. M. Barrie was a squib. I looked it up.
Robin Ivanov

Number of posts : 428

Back to top Go down

It's up to you now, Robin Empty Re: It's up to you now, Robin

Post by Hugo Weasley Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:49 am

Robin,

Naturally, it could not be under any circumstances other than excruciating in which I would choose to pick up a quill and blot down some words to you. I apologise, wholeheartedly, but at the same time, I cannot help but feel a certain amount of aptness. The ones we love never truly become dear to us until we can no longer reach them. While I take offense that you abandoned me in my time of need to enjoy the lights of Tokyo, I’ll forgive you - though, bear in mind it is only because you have no true cause to have been there. You do owe me very little, after all. I fear, as ever, it will be I who will come to owe you.

I do hope you enjoy your marriage to come. As it stands, quite a number of our delightful guards are being paired off and the elder ones already having had to deal with whining wives chuckle to themselves as though it is something quite amusing, the younger issue’s pain. It’s quite a juxtaposition, if you consider it. What right have the likes of Jack Dyllan and, no doubt, other dubious dissidents made out of satire and disdain have to complain when they are living free? I ask you this, perhaps it would be better for the Ministry to then throw away the key so they see what it is we all live through.

But, alas, it is something that cannot be helped. I sober myself with reading. Azkaban has quite the library. It’s not too much to suffer through if you relax and consider your sins. I should think mine would be that I was in the wrong place at the wrong time. Mark my words though, and let the guards tear for reading this, I will see to it that the people who put me here will repent and declare exactly what they’ve done. It’s a list I keep close to my chest, Robin. I daresay, though, you could probably ascertain the names.

Nevertheless, if you find yourself with some spare time there is a cafe in South-East London owned by a man named Rickard Troffmann. I suggest you ask for the grey berry cappuccino. It is truly sublime and he’ll provide you with exactly what you need. I most definitely hope to hear back from you on that front.

I shan’t ask for you to post anything to Gisele. I would rather prefer it if you didn’t attempt to. No doubt she’ll be enjoying her coupling soon enough and should I dare to interfere when I can do nothing, it would rather complicate matters beyond salvaging.

I trust this letter will find you well, dearest Robin. Thank you for your confidence.

Affectionately yours,
Cordella

P.S. I rather find myself in need of a new surname. In light of my family’s inability to show their faces at my trial, I’ve decided against returning to them in any fashion. Do let me know if you have any ideas.
Hugo Weasley
Hugo Weasley
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 401
Special Abilities : Occlumency, Leglimency, Memory Manipulation, Non-Verbal Magic, Wandless Magic

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top