Even if the stars and moon collide I'd still be more interested in Quidditch
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Even if the stars and moon collide I'd still be more interested in Quidditch Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Even if the stars and moon collide I'd still be more interested in Quidditch

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Even if the stars and moon collide I'd still be more interested in Quidditch Empty Even if the stars and moon collide I'd still be more interested in Quidditch

Post by Guest Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:07 am

(OOC: Sorry for the long topic title I was listening to the song by Demi and couldn't resist Razz )

It was their first astronomy lesson of the year and the fifth year Slytherin's were grouped atop of the tallest tower: The Astronomy Tower. It as a clear sky so visibility was good and their professor had gave them the same old 'this is an important year as it's OWL year' speech. Naturally Romeo hadn't cared too much, astronomy never was his strong point. He found it somewhat pointless.

Romeo Zabini wasn't an idiot. He was smart when it came to useful, practical subjects such as defence against the dark arts, transfiguration, potions. But astronomy? Nobody had time for that and the Slytherin was looking forward to dropping the subject at the end of the year along with the likes of divination and care of magical creatures - especially care of magical creatures. There were rumours the seventh years dealt with dragons and Romeo certainly didn't want his face to be burnt off.

Readjusting his telescope he pressed his eye by the lens once more. They were observing the movement of the moons and Jupiter was the first on their list. Was that Europa? It certainly looked like it was made of ice - wait, was it even made of ice or rock? Romeo couldn't remember even though the professor had mentioned it ten minutes earlier. Truth be told he wouldn't remember something if he wasn't listening properly, he'd been too occupied by the view of the Quidditch Pitch. 

Now Quidditch was useful. Being good at Quidditch got him girls (along with his looks and charm), it could also get him rich and famous. His main goal in life. 'I can't wait to get back on that Quidditch Pitch.' He muttered to the Slytherin besides him. 
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Even if the stars and moon collide I'd still be more interested in Quidditch Empty Re: Even if the stars and moon collide I'd still be more interested in Quidditch

Post by Keiran Hayes Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:25 pm

Daemon didn't really mind Astronomy so much provided it was a part of it he enjoyed. Looking at moons didn't interest him at all, really. Now, galaxies were neat. Coming from a Pureblood family made learning about all of this very strange. Call it his strange fascination with the Muggle world, but he just thought their sciences were amazing. How they did it all without magic he didn't understand.

Unfortunately, Dex had been placed next to Zabini even though it was well known that the two of them didn't exactly get along. For Slytherins in the same year, their loyalty to their house only went so far. Since the first time the boys had went out for Quidditch, they had been involved in a sort of in-team rivalry between the two of them.

Frankly, Daemon was jealous of Romeo's slot on the team. He had the position Dex wanted so badly. Daemon had been given the position of Chaser and honestly he was not a fan. What he really wanted was to play Seeker. He probably should have tried out playing Keeper if just for his dad's sake, but Dex didn't like the idea of getting hit all the time.

Attention drawn from his thoughts by the words of the guy next to him, Dex glanced over at Romeo. He didn't want to draw the attention of the Professor, however, so he kept his movements subtle. "I'm ready for auditions." He replied seriously. This year, he was determined to get Romeo's spot. Ambition was something Dex nearly prided himself on, and it wasn't going to disappear because he might one day want to be friends with the Zabini boy.
Keiran Hayes
Keiran Hayes
Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 548

Back to top Go down

Even if the stars and moon collide I'd still be more interested in Quidditch Empty Re: Even if the stars and moon collide I'd still be more interested in Quidditch

Post by Guest Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:50 pm

Romeo turned his head slightly to hear that Daemon had commented about Quidditch. Zabini knew full well that Daemon had always wanted to play seeker although it was simply down to talent that Romeo had gotten the position over him. However over the summer he'd developed more muscles and grew into a more physical physique. Not good if you want to be a light and speedy seeker, Daemon on the other hand now had a better body type to play seeker.

One reason why Romeo wanted to swap to chaser was because he felt he'd be able to play there better. Sure it wasn't as in the limelight for girls but he figured it was better to play a position well and have the girls pine for him than play not so well and lose his credibility as a seeker. 

'Yeah? Me too. I've been practicing all summer.' Romeo expected Daemon to be trailing for chaser again, it was a position his fellow Slytherin knew well and made sense - something that worried Romeo. What if Daemon beat him for the chaser position? What if, because of the risk he was taking swapping positions, led to him no longer having a place on the team. He couldn't dwell on that, he had to be confident - even if it mean't somehow sabotaging another chasers trial to make the slot. 
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Keiran Hayes Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:32 pm

Dex couldn't help but raise an eyebrow at Romeo's response. The boy had always been very skilled at playing Seeker, and Daemon was surprised at the idea that he would be concerned about auditions so much that he practiced his summer way. Perhaps Romeo just meant that he had played a lot, and called that practicing. If so, then Dex could relate. But Daemon hadn't been vying for Chaser during his summer games with his family.

"Sounds about right." He nodded, making a note on his parchment about the moon had was looking at while Romeo spoke. "I'm determined to get the position I want this year." He added pointedly as he moved to look through the telescope once more, switching to another moon.

Dex wasn't sure if Romeo would get the point he was making, though it wasn't any sort of secret that Daemon had wanted Seeker when he first auditioned but hadn't been able to best Zabini. Sure, he was sort of issuing a challenge. But over the years he had decided that he would be more like his father when it came to Quidditch. Dex would be getting what he wanted.
Keiran Hayes
Keiran Hayes
Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:01 pm

I'm determined to get the position I want this year. Those were the words that had escaped Daemon's lips. It was no secret to Romeo his fellow Slytherin desired the seeker position, which told him that Daemon would be trailing out for it rather than staying with safe with chaser. Well, that certainly made things easier for Romeo: he was almost certain to get chaser.

Not taking his eyes from the lens of his telescope he responded rather curtly. 'I take it that means you'll be our new seeker then?' The chances Daemon would get seeker were fair, even though Romeo was still probably better than Daemon (or so he liked to think), the womaniser was more suited to the chaser position now and, in Romeo's eyes, it would be better to be excellent rather than great. 

The Professor, who was wandering around looking over peoples work paused when she reached Romeo and Daemon, 'Less chit chat boys come on.' Although she never lingered, a student across the other side had raise their hand, giving the boys time for 'chit chat'

(OOC: my mind was blank so I just threw in the professor coming and going haha)    
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Keiran Hayes Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:53 am

Dex nearly laughed at Romeo's question, taking it as a challenge. "Absolutely." He replied seriously, though there was a smile on his face. "I don't think anything will be standing in my way this time." He added, wondering if he was coming on too strong. After a moment of thought, he decided it didn't really matter.

They had an unspoken rivalry and as Slytherins; they were bound to have heated conversations. This was nothing compared to things he had heard in the common room on occasion. Daemon would have felt surprised if the rest of the school didn't know about it. They were fairly obvious in their looks and comments throughout the castle and during games or practices.

The professor came by to reprimand them, and Daemon nodded politely to them before he turned back to his telescope. Smiling to himself, he added out of the corner of his mouth, "Worried, Zabini?"

Last edited by Daemon Zograf on Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Keiran Hayes
Keiran Hayes
Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:19 am

Romeo smirked, Daemon really was confident that he was not only going to get the seeker position, but beat Zabini to it. Little did Daemon know that Romeo wasn't going to trial for his previous position. 

Continuing to gaze through the telescope and sketch what he was looking at Romeo replied. 'Worried? Worried that you're not going to live up to my seeker expectations? Yes. Worried about trials? No.' Zabini was toying with Daemon, testing him to see what he'd figure out that Romeo was not going for seeker.

In all fairness Romeo was being rather subtle about the whole scenario but he never was one for major confrontations, more sly retorts here and there and right now their conversation was swamped with them from Romeo's half. 
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Keiran Hayes Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:32 pm

Dex momentarily considered saying something that would wipe the smirk off of Zabini's face, but wondered if that wouldn't be taking things a bit too far. How were they to win any games if they couldn't even work as a team? Surely other houses didn't have this much trouble? Perhaps they did but just hid it better, or confined it to their common rooms or practices. He wouldn't be surprised.

“Hmm. You'd better hope you eat those words, Zabini.” He warned, “When I'm Seeker, you had better root for me, or we won't be winning any games.” Daemon wasn't being entirely serious, for he knew the team could easily win without the snitch – though, if the other House Team had any wits about them at all, they would just keep playing until they had scored enough to beat the Slytherins by picking off the snitch. Dex wasn't too very worried, though.

“Well, whatever position you end up in I'm sure will be fitting. At least we've got Nessarose to score us some points. That girl has an amazing arm.” He pointed out, remembering how surprised he was when he first saw the fifth year play. Nessa had quickly become one of their most prominent players. He was almost certain she was vying for Captain one of these years. He had to admit she would make a good one.  “If you have as little faith as you seem to, you'd best hope that Nessa keeps her act together so the Snitch is hardly necessary.”
Keiran Hayes
Keiran Hayes
Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:36 am

Romeo smiled as he stared into the telescope once more. Him and Dae has never got on as such, more tolerated each other. Yet now, now they weren't after the same position anymore it changed things. 'I'll be rooting for you of course.' Romeo replied, raising his quill and sketching a pattern that was visible through the telescopic lense.

'Nessarose's good. I think we'll play well together.' Romeo replied, hinting that he will be trying out for chaser once more. 'She's accurate too. It'll make catching the quaffle a bit easier even if she does have a hammer of a throw.' 

Although Romeo desired the captain rank himself one day he'd come to terms with the fact that he may not get it over Nessarose. She really was incredible. It was odd how many levels of rivalry Quidditch held. Inter-house, intra-house. They'd all be battling for the Quidditch captain rank between them, but as long as Romeo was a star flier and attracted the girls he wasn't too fussed about a shiny badge on his robes.

Of course there was the benefit of access to the prefects bathroom but he had been in before accompanied by a sixth year prefect. How she had broken her oath that evening. 'What're you riding this year?' He asked. Chances are the same broomstick but there were the odd occasions when someone returned after the holidays with a brand new broom in tow. 
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top