When the moon and stars collide that's when I'll be in peace
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

When the moon and stars collide that's when I'll be in peace Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

When the moon and stars collide that's when I'll be in peace

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

When the moon and stars collide that's when I'll be in peace Empty When the moon and stars collide that's when I'll be in peace

Post by Katie Knight Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:36 pm

It was pass midnight, and here Katie was by the lake enjoying the moonlight and the stars the were sparkling before her.  Katie knew she shouldn't be out this late, but she honestly didn't mean to stay out this long, she just lost track of time.  If her older brother Kenneth found out about this, she was dead.  But then again, he did things like this all the time, why couldn't she? Besides, it wasn't a full moon or anything so she was safe.  Katie didn't care if she gotten caught or gotten detention,  she liked it out here, it was so calming and beautiful unlike the day time where it's crowded and boring.

It also gave Katie time to think about things, things that most fifteen year old girls really wouldn't think about.  Katie seen her brother and the guys getting paired off like it was nothing, but why wasn't she?  Was there something wrong with her or something? Katie didn't know what it was, maybe it was because she hung out with mainly nothing but guys.  But Katie couldn't help it, she was just simply brought up that way and she didn't have many friends.  She probably didn't have many friends due to be sassy and downright honest with people which they didn't like.  Katie was a very nice girl, and she was VERY smart for her age she just didn't understand why she didn't have any friends or anyone liking her.

As the wind rustled through her hair Katie wrapped her blanket tighter around her and sighed as she looked at the moon.  She haven't told anyone this, everyone probably thought she was a tomboy and didn't care about boys and stuff but they were wrong.  Katie may seem like that, but she wasn't made of stone, she can break.  Katie may seem and look tough, but inside she was a girl who had emotions and feelings.  She was just like any other girl out there, even if girls and boys didn't think so.

Lost in her own thoughts, Katie suddenly snapped out of it as she thought she heard leaves crunching not to far from her.  "It's just the wind Katie." she thought to herself as she laid back down and looked at the moon and stars deep in thought once again.  As the wind howled around around Katie looked around.  "Maybe I should go back inside."Katie thought to herself as she stood up before she heard the sound of crunching leaves once again.

Last edited by Katie Knight on Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Katie Knight
Katie Knight
Third Year Ravenclaw
Third Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 125

Back to top Go down

When the moon and stars collide that's when I'll be in peace Empty Re: When the moon and stars collide that's when I'll be in peace

Post by Rosanna Parker Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:38 am

'Don't leave on my account.' Cupid spoke, finally revealing himself as he stepped closer to where Katie had been lay. The moon wasn't quiet full, almost, but not quiet. Ever since Cupid had been little he'd enjoyed watching the moon, it was captivating, attractive. There was something about it that drew him in. Compared to the stars surrounding it the moon stood out, it was a spatial body that everybody recognized. It was in the spotlight of the sun, reflecting it's glory down across the lake.

Cupid wasn't usually one to stay up past midnight, he enjoyed his sleep too much, but when you can't sleep the sound of Romeo Zabini kissing a girl a few beds down isn't going to help that. Not making any effort to keep quiet as he left, Cupid headed from the dungeon - his wand lighting the stone flagged steps that led up from the dungeon to the entrance hall. There he'd crossed to the large oak door and left the castle.

The air was reasonably calm and Cupid had decided to take a stroll by the lake. On most occasions the Slytherin would hate to be seen after dark, caught by the Professors wandering the grounds after hours was a one way ticket to detention with a docking of ten points at least. Cupid never wanted that, however, the image of Kate Knight changed that.

They were friends of some sort. They weren't the best of friends but they get on and it wasn't the first time that he'd found her by the lake on a moonlit night. Hoping to grasp her attention he'd purposely crunched the bottom of her shoe against the fallen autumn leaves that were clustered across the grass.

'Take it you couldn't sleep?' Cupid asked, raising an eyebrow and rubbing a hand through his quiff.
Rosanna Parker
Rosanna Parker

Number of posts : 181
Special Abilities : Apparation | Non-Verbal Magic

Back to top Go down

When the moon and stars collide that's when I'll be in peace Empty Re: When the moon and stars collide that's when I'll be in peace

Post by Katie Knight Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:01 am

"Don't do that Cupid, you scared the crap out of me!"said Katie honestly.  Although he gotten her attention alright though, literally scared the crap out of her!  Katie nodded at his question.  "Yeah, the girls in the dorm were to loud and giggly so I left."said Katie rolling her eyes.  "So... what a Slytherin doing out this time of night?"Katie asked him in a teasing voice smirking at him.  They weren't the best of friends, but they were pals with each other and they did tease each other alot.

Katie loved night time, she loved the moon and stars more then anything and Cupid knew that of course.  He usually always found her out here underneath the stars just thinking.  Katie remembered they talked for hours once about life and things.  Although they weren't best friends, Cupid was always there for her when she needed a friend.

"So... I take you couldn't sleep either huh?"Katie asked him.  "Let me guess was it Romeo again?"Katie asked him laughing.  "My brother hates him as well Shane,Carson and Jaybee there like sworn enemies."said Katie.   She didn't know why Romeo hated them, but he did which caused the guys to hate him back. But she didn't like him because what he did to Shane, that was really mean and uncalled for. But Shane was ok now, but Katie was still furious at Romeo for hurting Shane. She was really close to her brother and the guys, the guys were like her other brothers that protected her.

Katie Knight
Katie Knight
Third Year Ravenclaw
Third Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosanna Parker Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:49 pm

Cupid couldn't help but chuckle to himself as Katie admitted how scared she was. It was only a bit of fun, plus it geared her up for the real scare - if she was so used to being scared she'd get less scared. Or that was Cupid's excuse for scaring people.

It appeared that the Ravenclaw had being kept awake too by the sounds of it, and for similar reasons as Cupid. It was funny how no matter what house you were sorted into they all had the same problems. It often made Cupid wonder, perhaps Slytherins were no different than the other houses. Perhaps it was only triva, a tradition that no longer had true meaning. He hoped not. Slytherin's were destined for greatness and that's what Cupid wanted. Greatness. And as the tradition states 'Slytherin will help you on your way to greatness'. For that reason alone Cupid prayed that the sorted still had true meaning.

'How did you guess?' Cupid replied laughing slightly at the whole thing. Taking a step back and thinking about the hole thing was rather silly. Cupid would rather be outside, in cold darkness, than in a lovely warm bed listening to Romeo Zabini make Little Miss Naive giggle all night.

It wasn't that Cupid disliked Romeo, they were friends to an extent. Not the greatest of friends but close enough to know each other. Despite the attention Romeo craved from the girls to boost his ego the two had a fair amount in common: they both took pride in their appearance, although Romeo perhaps had the edge in that and they both had ambition. Then again, everybody in Slytherin had some sort of ambition. Perhaps Cupid and Romeo wouldn't have been friends given the opportunity. Being in the same house sort of pushed them together.

'How come they're sworn enemies? Cupid asked as he sat himself down on the cross and tilted his head inviting Katie to join him. Cupid had heard of what Jamie did to him, heard him moaning and calling her all sorts in the common room yet he had a feeling that what he said was riddled with bias. It was always good to hear both sides of the story and make a judgement.
Rosanna Parker
Rosanna Parker

Back to top Go down

Post by Katie Knight Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:02 pm

Katie laughed and shrugged at his question.  "Hm... I don't know, because the last few times that was one of the main reason why you were down here!"said Katie laughing.  "Besides whoever Romeo is kissing, I'm sure out here is better then listening to that!"said Katie softly.  "At lease I would think so."said Katie honestly.

The thought of having to listen to Romeo kissing a girl sounded sicking to her, she literally wanted to throw up.  Katie wondered how so many girls could be so naive and fall for his traps when you know the next day he was going to be in the arms of another girl.  It was just sicking to Katie to see that everyday without fail.

When Cupid asked why they were sworn enemies Katie shrugged. "I honestly don't know, I think Romeo is jealous of the guys mainly Shane because he gets his girls without even trying!"said Katie softly.  "Shane is VERY nice to girls, he VERY much a gentlemen something Romeo hates!"said Katie.  "If you were a girl in the hallway he would excuse himself and smile at you, he's VERY well mannered but when it's comes to girls he goes all out."said Katie softly.  "I guess it's because of what happened to his mother and him at a young age."said Katie.

"I sworn to never tell anyone about what happened to Shane at a young age, so if I tell you what it is you promise not to tell anyone?"Katie asked him softly. "There more then sworn enemies now, they basically hate each others guts!"said Katie honestly. "Romeo tried to make Maura one of his best friends cheat on Ryo who is the father of her baby but he mixed up the potions resulting Maura to have warts all over her and Shane losing his memory."said Katie shaking her head. "But they always been sworn enemies since they met on the train in Romeo's first and Shane's third."said Katie.
Katie Knight
Katie Knight
Third Year Ravenclaw
Third Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosanna Parker Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:02 am

Cupid chuckled before raising his eyebrows in agreement, 'you're right about that. Mmm Romeo! Ooo... You're so hot Mmm.' Cupid replied in a feminine voice, clearly imitating the girl who had been with Romeo tonight. Usually they'd just kiss, talk and then he'd ask her to leave. He never went any further, not with his fellow Slytherin's in the room although Cupid had a feeling that would start to change soon. Ugh. He hoped he was mistaken.

Katie made an interesting point. Shane did get the female attention for being noble and well mannered. Then again, that was pretty much Romeo's act too. He'd 'disarm with charm' as his fellow Slytherin once shared. Perhaps it was because, in Romeo's case, it was all an act and one by one each girl around the castle was beginning to realise that.

'Promise.' Cupid said with a smile as he edged closer out of interest. Being a Slytherin it made sense for him to want to know more, they liked to know everything what was going on around them and make some sense about it all. Which, thanks to Katie, made perfect sense.

It must have been about three weeks ago since a Hufflepuff girl was covered in warts at dinner one evening. That was why Shane and Maura went to the hospital wing with their army of friends and Amelia Cooper. Sometimes Cupid wished it had been him. Not that he wanted to be covered in warts or lose his memory, but sometimes it would be nice to be acknowledge and have some attention. Cupid wasn't well known. People in his year group knew who he was but besides that he felt pretty much a nobody, slightly worthless. Everyday he vowed to change that and everyday he failed. Nothing exciting ever seemed to happen to or around Cupid. Maybe aiming to become a famous singer songwriter was a more realistic goal than being the next Gilderoy Lockhart... If only he could sing as well as he could write songs.

'I thought he seemed cheerful when Shane and Maura were rushed to the hospital wing that evening when she was covered in warts.' Cupid mused, 'How come he hasn't been expelled or anything? He didn't even lose house points?'
Rosanna Parker
Rosanna Parker

Back to top Go down

Post by Katie Knight Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:37 am

Katie giggled at Cupid imitating the girl Romeo been with tonight.  "Wow... a noisy girl tonight huh? usually I hear it's just kissing."said Katie chuckling.  "Just be gald that's the only thing you hear."said Katie honestly.  "I'm glad I'm not a Sytherin, hearing all those dumb navie girls talking about him would drive me crazy!"said Katie.  "Not that it isn't already like that in my dorm."said Katie rolling her eyes.

Katie knew Romeo tried to do the same thing Shane did, but he did it out of getting the girl to where Shane did it because he was polite.  Shane wasn't a player though either, he had a girlfriend now and that was her best friend Olivia.  That was a proven fact, the Shane wasn't a player but girls just loved him due to his well mannered self.

Katie nodded.  "I thought you'll be the one to keep a secret."said Katie softly. "Ok... well... Shane came behind a abusive family,  his father used to beat his mum all the time."said Katie softly.  "But Shane would always get in the way or begged him to beat him instead which he did, Shane would always come to our muggle school with bruises on him which he'll always stay he ran into a door or something."said Katie.  "We found out one day when we came to visit him to play hockey outside, we hear his mother screaming and begging his father to stop hitting him and since that day we been sworn not to tell a soul."said Katie softly.  "He lives with me and Kenneth now, his mother is a traveling lawyer for the wizarding world so she's always on the go and his father is in muggle jail."said Katie.

Katie shrugged at his question.  "I don't know, probably because we can't prove that he's the one that did it."said Katie honestly.  "Although I think we convinced Professor Cooper that Romeo had something to do with what happened to us!"said Katie smiling.  "You should meet to the guys and the others, I think you'll like them!"said Katie honestly.  "We have two Slytherin friends, there really cool there names are Shadow and Quentin."said Katie.
Katie Knight
Katie Knight
Third Year Ravenclaw
Third Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosanna Parker Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:50 am

'At least you don't hear the actual kissing though, although I have a feeling that it's going to develop soon. He's been seeing another Slytherin for about two weeks not, which is a record for him.' Cupid replied, slightly digging into the fact that Romeo is a known player. Anyone besides Romeo would probably appreciate Cupid's comment given to the fact even girls in Katie were giggling about him.

I thought you'll be the one to keep a secret. Cupid smiled. He liked secrets, he enjoyed to discover them and feel important for a change owing to the fact that he knew something. Most of the time the secrets got out, or if they didn't Cupid would need to tell someone or talk about it to someone yet, for once, he didn't feel that way. Shane's secret wasn't his to tell, nor talk about. If he needed to talk about it, which he probably would because he was that type of person, he'd have to keep it between him and Katie.

Cupid stared at the grass. 'That's awful.' He had no words. The Slytherin had thought he had had a bad life. No Father, a Mother worked a lot, all Cupid wanted was some attention - which he had gotten from his Grandma and sister anyway. Shane's 'bad life' was on a whole different scale. Cupid had come from a wealthy background, a happy home where he always had food, always had a comfy bed, lots of land and places to explore, an entire room dedicated to the grand piano. There was no hostility, unless his Father was mentioned which occurred once every blue moon.

'It doesn't make sense.' Cupid spoke, still astonished at the shock of a secret Shane kept. 'He always seems so polite, mannered, friendly.' It made Cupid realise how different he viewed the situation. Shane no longer even lived with his Mother and had an abusive Father but still didn't want the attention Cupid wanted, he didn't want the fame to feel worthy and prove he was capable even without a Father to raise him. 'Does he ever talk about it?' He asked Katie curiously.
Rosanna Parker
Rosanna Parker

Back to top Go down

Post by Katie Knight Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:29 am

"Ugh... thank goodness for that, I think I'll be sick every bloody night!"said Katie honestly. "Two weeks huh? wow... that's a record for him!"said Katie.  Katie knew he was a player,but she couldn't see how so many girls were so blind and didn't see that he was?

Katie nodded. "Yeah it was, Shane didn't deserve nor did he mother."said Katie softly. "Shane is the nicest person you'll ever meet,  he got a heart of gold as well as the others."said Katie honestly.  "That's one of the reasons why Shane is so nice to girls and so well mannered because of what happened to him."said Katie.  "He's also against any guy hitting a girl to, due to what happened to him."said Katie.  "Shane doesn't want to be like his father, that's why he changed his name which was the same as his father's Lucas and he begged his mother to move in with us when he was eleven."said Katie.

Katie nodded. "Of course he is, and those are the reasons."said Katie softly.  "He only talks about it when you close to him or he can relate to someone like him."said Katie honestly.  "He said it what made him stronger and made him be a better man then his father."said Katie.  "You never know what's a person going through until you REALLY know them."said Katie softly.  "Shane is a guy of many secrets, but somehow even through all the hell he been through he's still smiles."said Katie.  "I guess that's why he's so protective of me, I guess I'm like the only little sister he has."said Katie softly.

Looking back at the moon and stars the wind howled around them making Katie wrap her blanket tighter around her.  She didn't like the cold, but here she was outside looking at the moon and stars.  Katie was a odd one indeed,  but she didn't care what people thought it was only what she thought about herself.  Reaching into her bag she gotten a themo out that had hot chocolate in it.  "You want some?"Katie asked him softly as she poured some for herself.  "I gotten it from the kitchen as well as some snacks.'said Katie shrugging as if it wasn't no big deal.

Katie was a bit of a troublemaker, but she didn't call it that, she simply called it a explorer by nature. Katie was very much like her older brother Kenneth, but hey she learned the best out there. Him and the guys were masters at pulling pranks, they were always in detention for pulling pranks and stuff. They were will known around Hogwarts for it as well, but they were still nice people though. Mainly there pranks were around school though, they never really done any pranks on anyone unless it was some evil Slytherins trying to prank them.
Katie Knight
Katie Knight
Third Year Ravenclaw
Third Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosanna Parker Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:59 pm

Listening to Katie talk about Shane made Cupid realise even more how fortunate he was. Shane seemed almost as though he was related to Katie by blood, the way they were talking. His Mother had a partner but Cupid never felt as though his relationship with his sort-of-Steph-Father was as strong as blood. Yet here Katie was, talking about Shane like they shared the same blood. 'You must really get on.' He said, smiling at her before turning his gaze up at the moon.

The damp grass was beginning to infiltrate beyond his robes and had now seeped into his pajama bottoms. Yuck. If only it hadn't rained that day. On the other hand, it was almost December and being as north in Scotland as Hogwarts was, it was uncommon for it not to rain in November. They'd had rain every day of the month so far and it wouldn't be long until the bitter breeze brushing Cupid's hair would bring with it snow.

'I'm okay thanks.' Cupid replied, turning his head to see what Katie was offering. Hot chocolate. He wasn't a fan of warm drinks, no matter how cold he was. Being cold didn't bother him, it simply mean't he could get warmer. Being ignored. Hunger. Boredom. They bothered him more - perhaps not boredom, he could easily find something to do: wizard chess, explore, talk to people in the common room; then if push came to shove there was always some sort of homework to be done. That's what his sister was for.

The idea of snacks was much more appealing to Cupid. 'Ooo, what snacks do you have?' Cupid asked as his eyes widened and the inside of his mouth began to water. One of Cupid's weak points was his sweet tooth.
Rosanna Parker
Rosanna Parker

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top