DOLOHOV, Hermes ____
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

DOLOHOV, Hermes ____ Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

DOLOHOV, Hermes ____

View previous topic View next topic Go down

DOLOHOV, Hermes ____ Empty DOLOHOV, Hermes ____

Post by Elijah Krum Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:32 pm

DOLOHOV, Hermes ____ Deadbu10 DOLOHOV, Hermes ____ Deadbu11
HERMES ______ DOLOHOV

PLOT:

Cordella Quinn is forced to call Azkaban her home, blamed for a crime she did not commit: the murder of Charlotte Topez. The Ministry, content with an easy conviction and eager to put the matter to bed, leave her to rot, each individual in their employ from the janitors to the Deputy Minister himself knowing the truth: she was innocent.

Azkaban, however, has never been known to be able to hold a Rookwood behind bars for long.

Before her, the father she did not know bore her blood deserted the keep on the Black Rock, a free man. After him, her sister-in-law escaped thanks to a rogue, Death Eater sympathiser. She is a Rookwood. One lost to a family that seemed only able to bear girls. She is the twin sister of Katarina, forgotten but remembered well by the Healers who stole her away, became her parents.

During her trial, the game changed and out of her came characteristics that unsettled those who knew well the stories of Augustus Rookwood's trial or were in fact there. In her they saw starkly her father, disquieting Elijah Krum and Jude B. R. Shaw, both of whom knew better than to betray Rookwoods, unwittingly or otherwise.

Around a month after her incarceration, Cordella is broken out by her cat-burglar on-and-off lover and, surely, best friend Robin Ivanov. Armed with all that she needs to live while on the run, Cordella steals away and begins to make her way south from Scotland through the countryside the country boasted so proudly - a green belt of land that would be her camouflage.

On her way through the Highlands, she comes across a manor house which fell into disrepair decades before, perhaps even before her birth. Believing it to be empty, she steals away inside, finding a feather bed and a flagon of wine, even a bit of edible bread and cheese in the pantry. Perhaps at that point she should have known she wasn't alone but in her haste, it didn't even occur to her.

Cordella's first meeting with Hermes sees him thrust a knife to her throat and thrust her against the stone brick of a hearth beneath which a fire was crackling a popping, warming her despite her discomfort. He later patches her up, apologising briefly but insincerely for bringing harm to her.

The young woman tries her excuses, is desperate to leave, but unwittingly, by eating his meal and letting him heal her, Cordella has tied herself to him. The infamous "Psychopomp" - a man who anyone in their right mind should fear - especially those who enjoy the finer things like art, music and the relics of history.

Hermes Dolohov has learned how to survive. He takes Della as his pupil, his heir and his lover. Together, they work through the country, thieving that which he believes he can turn a profit on before disappearing as the Aurors catch up with them, opting instead to Apparate into South America and invade the tombs and shrines that are left there from ages long forgotten.

But of course, it is no loving relationship. They rub against each other, press each other's buttons and it is Hermes that is the first to snap. His penchant for murder sees Della very close to death on more than one occasion but is coaxed back to life when fatigue brings a tenderness out in his hands. They depend on each other for survival, she more than him, but it is Hermes, despite everything, who has the last laugh.

For he knows the worth of everything and the price of everything else. And he knows the price of a Rookwood when he finds one in his possession.

THE CHARACTER:

• Hermes is the bastard son of Antonin Dolohov and a woman whose name is up to the player.
  • He is an infamous rogue art dealer and thief who is responsible for the theft and reselling of precious art pieces across the globe - though no one, Magical or Muggle, can track him down.
  • He is known as "the Psychopomp" due to his penchant for murder - he leads the souls of the dead to the afterlife and just, generally, helps people on to die, morbid though it sounds.
  • He represents the God of the same name so much of his characteristics stems from that. God of Boundaries - though Hermes knows none - travel, communication, trade, thievery, trickery, language, writing, diplomacy, athletics and animal husbandry.
  • The Roman equivilent of Hermes is Mercury so, looking at astrology... Mercury rules the Gemini and Virgo signs as well as the Third and Sixth houses.
  • He's extremely violent, emotionally extreme and prone to quite a bit more than a slap round the face. He's very fond of one particular Unforgivable Curse if that's any indication.
  • He's resourceful and has learned the hard way how to live and, in many cases, die. He has "risen from the dead" more times than his associates care to remember and no one is quite sure how, why or - as some might consider, more importantly - how to stop him and put him down for good. Perhaps they could start by having a better aim.
  • He doesn't know guilt consciously. Unconsciously, perhaps he does. He changes like the weather with what he wants to do and doesn't understand the point of life if you don't take risks. He's antagonistic, smug and arrogant. Not to mention, he's always right. He also thinks it's a lot easier to kill someone than tread lightly round them - kill them, they're out of your way, right?
  • He enjoys psychological torment much more than he does physical but saves that for those he wants to keep around for a while - e.g. Della.
  • His grandmother was quite fond of knitting and, as such, he knows how to look after his clothing. *nods intently*

THE PLAYER:

It doesn't look like it but Hermes is a very open character. I've scratched the surface. He's very complicated. It's important that this is portrayed as he is dark, he's not got many redeemable features and he isn't at all likable in a genuine sort of way. If you like him, you do because he's so very extreme in all he does that, bizarrely, it's almost admirable. He is selfish and crude and, I will say, not a very easy character to play - not for the faint hearted. I really do want him to be a strong, strong presence and while I'd love to play him, it'd be weird so I am passing the gauntlet so  that I can enjoy him from a different point of view. But one must remember, he is human still - an awful person or not.

Preferably, I'd like it if the level of writing was similar to mine in terms of length of prose. One of my pet peeves is typing out a nice sized response, e.g. five hundred words, and only getting one hundred back. It's really disheartening.

Other than that, I'd love to see some interest. Certainly, I think he'd be an adventure.

PM me or post here if you're interested, preferably the former but I don't mind! Also, here is the polyset which fired my imagination - I hope all of this has got someone interested, too. Very Happy

DOLOHOV, Hermes ____ Tumblr_lpg37w2bgB1qzi80do1_500
Elijah Krum
Elijah Krum
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 4833
Special Abilities : Occlumens, Parseltongue, Animagus
Occupation : Owner of Eli's Fine Dining, Artist, Deputy Minister of Magic

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top