Home, Sweet Home
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Home, Sweet Home Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Home, Sweet Home

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Home, Sweet Home Empty Home, Sweet Home

Post by Keith Nicholas Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:08 am

Keith was back, and just in time for graduation too.

The Ravenclaw common room smelled like parchment and dried ink, like magical trees and maybe the tiniest bit of candle smoke. It was a welcome departure from his Grandmothers elaborate, nearly ruined estate, which smelled of moths and blast-end skrewts and sheep.

Oh, Keith hated the smell of sheep. It was good to be back.

"I've returned!" He announced triumphantly to the common room, unceremoniously dumping a first year out of his favorite leather chair and reclaiming his rightful seat. The old chair greeted him like he had never left, and Keith sighed a contented sigh as the first year got used to the cold and unforgiving floor. Keith suppressed a cackle. "But where are all the interesting people?" He asked the assembled first and second years. "All I see are a bunch of little future test subjects. Run along now."
Keith Nicholas

Number of posts : 986

Back to top Go down

Home, Sweet Home Empty Re: Home, Sweet Home

Post by Wilhelmina Abercrombie Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:30 am

Wally had no particular interest in waking up that morning. She lied in bed for more time than necessary, simply staring at the top of her four-poster bed, feeling rather indifferent to the state of affairs happening all around in the castle. Everyone seemed to thrilled with graduation and Wally could not muster up the energy to even pretend that she cared who was graduating, or what time the ceremony began, or what everyone would be wearing.

If it was put in simplest terms, she had no more exams, and no social life, so there was not much for her to do.

She would continue selling, but she was certain she had worked her clients too much. She needed to give them some time to burn through their product. She really would lie in bed all day if she could, but she was getting a leg cramp.

She quickly dressed and made herself somewhat presentable, deciding she could go the library, check out some books in her favorite first year's name, and take them home never to be returned. 

She she walked into the common room, she found a familiar face. Keith had not been around for some time. This time it was he who had disappeared without warning. And she was a bit cross, though she knew she shouldn't be.

"Welcome back," she said dully, her voice a bit pointed as she pushed past him. If he had wanted a cordial greeting, he should have stuck around.

((Wally needs some angst. I'm always business with her, so let's see how this turns out.))
Wilhelmina Abercrombie
Wilhelmina Abercrombie
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Fourth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 215

Back to top Go down

Post by Keith Nicholas Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:44 am

"Yes," Keith said, as Wally descended down the stair case that lead to the girls dorm. "Wally. Just the kind of person I wanted to see." He grinned and motioned towards the couch across from him. "We've got some catching up to do, so I wast thinking we'd-"

"Welcome back," Wally said, pushing past him.

Keith paused.

"Wally?" He hopped up in the seat, turning so that his head poked over the high backed chair. Wally was making her way towards the door, apparently uninterested in further conversation.

"Wally. Yo," he said, scrambling over the back of the seat and falling haphazardly to the floor. He jumped up and brushed himself off, putting a hand on one of her shoulders. "Wally. You good?" He asked, doing the best to keep the confusion out of his voice and mostly failing. None of the drive (or at the very least, stubbornly business-like demeanor) that usually defined Wally was present in her movements now, something Keith had never seen before.
Keith Nicholas

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilhelmina Abercrombie Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:00 pm

He called her name but she continued on, walking across the common room and towards the door. She could hear him fall as he continued to use that obnoxious slang of his that she had always thought so cool, but she continued on. Her hand was on the door and she pulled it open as she felt his hand grip her shoulder, pulling her back with her voice.

She turned in the open doorway to face him. Her eyebrows were low, her eyes dull, her lips pursed. To put it simply, she did not seem very happy to see him back. She raised one eyebrow at him and sucked on her teeth a second before saying. "Yeah. I'm good." She turned and continued out of the common room.
Wilhelmina Abercrombie
Wilhelmina Abercrombie
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Fourth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Keith Nicholas Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:54 am

"You've got to be kidding me," Keith muttered to himself as Wally pushed open the door the common room and vanished into the staircase that lead up to Ravenclaw Tower.

"Women, huh?" One of the first years, laying on his stomach on the sofa said.

"Can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em," another first year said, shaking his head. They bumped fists and gave Kent looks that looked dangerously close to pity.

Keith scowled and shot them both the bird before following Wally out the door and down the stairs. "Wally!" He called out, taking the stairs two at a time and finally managing to catch up with the girl at the bottom of them.

"Wally, seriously," he said, cutting in front of her and fixing her with a stare. "What's up. Is it Death Eaters? A Basilisk? Dementors? Escaped Prisoners? Evil Ministry officials? Vampires? Werewolves? Werepires? Vamwolves? Nothing good on the radio? Talk to me, Abercrombie and Fitch."
Keith Nicholas

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilhelmina Abercrombie Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:56 am

Wally didn't know where to go. The whole castle was pretty much cleared out in the excitement of the graduation ceremony, so no business could be done. She supposed the library was the place to go. She would love some potions books to go onto her bookshelves at home. She could spend the summer brewing... brewing something. Maybe she could sell harder-to-brew potions at a price under retail price. Something to keep her busy.

She was hoping she could get to the library so Keith could forget about her and she could forget about him. She was almost down the staircase all the way when she heard his voice. She picked her her pace, but soon he was before her.

She glared. "Nothing. I'm chipper. Couldn't be happier. Now let me go."
Wilhelmina Abercrombie
Wilhelmina Abercrombie
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Fourth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Ray Ignazia Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:41 pm

Ray Ignazia walked desolately along the corridors of the now empty castle, heading to his primordial destination, where he would apparently 'crash'. The Ravenclaw Tower. Made in honor to Rowena Ravenclaw, possibly the wisest of them all. The tower was located in the west side of the castle, and was one of the-if not the biggest- towers in the castle. Even though he had already spent three whole years sleeping in that tower, he still found it magically fascinating, apart from the residents in it. He couldn't care less for any of those. Neither did they care about him, anyways. After all, he was always that weird kid, the one whom no one wanted to mess with, or even talk to. It didn't help that he rarely smiled. He tugged slightly at his t-shirt, making the cloth hug his...lightly built body better. Not that he cared for looks, it was just all about how it made him feel more comfortable. He ignored the merry ghosts passing by, and walked up to the tower's spiral staircase, only to see two students hanging out there, one of them apparently in front of an angry female.

Just his luck. Ray recognized one of the two- He was their prefect, and in the same year as Ray. Ray hadn't really known the other one, but she had been around class. Maybe. Ray had probably just seen her walk by a billion times, but he hadn't cared enough to get to know about her. Then again, he rarely cared about anything apart from his goal. Ray stopped in his tracks, his thought processes running parallel lines of what could possibly happen if he decided to socialize with said individuals. Maybe it would be better if he decided to get himself acquainted to them. After all, a little camaraderie with the Prefect could never hurt him, could it? Shaking that thought, Ray walked up to them, his face still devoid of any emotion as he passed his eyes over them. "Is there anything I can assist any of you with?", asked he, his voice flat and just barely enthusiastic. He also held up a hand in greeting, deciding it was proper to introduce himself. "I'm Ray Ignazia, by the way."

(I hope it's okay, but I need to start rping, and I didn't see a more recent topic. Also, the colors are a little messed up, sorry >.<)
Ray Ignazia
Ray Ignazia
Fifth Year Ravenclaw
Fifth Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 30

Back to top Go down

Post by Keith Nicholas Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:07 am

"Nothing," Wally said, glaring at him like she could bore two eye sized holes right through him with the power of disdain alone. "I'm chipper. Couldn't be happier. Now let me go."

Keith backed off, putting his hands up in the classic "I surrender" posture, the expression on his face changing from half-serious worry to something between frustration and anger. "Jeez, whatever," he said, stepping to the side. "Have it your way."

He had no idea how Wally would've reacted to that comment (though he guessed she would've just walked off) because before she could answer somebody decided to join the conversation.

Keith recognized the kid. He was in their year, a Ravenclaw. Japanese sounding name, Keith had it on the tip of his tongue...right, Ignazia, he said, nodding to himself as the boy supplied it of his own accord. Keith had never really gotten to know him - he was a smart kid, living comfortably off his parents' money, rarely deciding to grace others with a smile or emotional reaction of any kind. Even now his voice was flat and mostly lifeless.

"Yeah, Keith," Keith said, not bothering to raise his hand in greeting. "You can assist me by just getting to wherever you were going, dude."

((No problem, the thread is open. Don't take Keith's comments as a jab at you personally, you just caught him a bad time.))
Keith Nicholas

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilhelmina Abercrombie Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:49 am

It seemed he was going to do what she wanted him to do, or what she thought she wanted him to do - leave. Part of her just wanted to see him turn around, but another part of her thought she might be deeply insulted if he really turned his back on her. He was moving out of her way, but part of her hoped he would stick to his oh-so Keith attitude and persist. 

And the other part of her wanted him to piss off already.

She went to move out of the way when another boy joined the fray, eliciting an aggravated response from Keith. And in that moment, some strange force overtook Wally that caused her to act out in the most extreme way she knew possible.

"He was getting over here," Wally said, striding towards the stranger in two steps. She grabbed him by the front of the shirt, and pressed her mouth against his.

(Yep, sorry about that. Wally's feeling the need to make a point, and Ray is too convenient. If you think the slight godmode is too much, I can edit.))
Wilhelmina Abercrombie
Wilhelmina Abercrombie
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Fourth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Ray Ignazia Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:08 pm

"You can assist me by just getting to wherever you were going, dude."

Ray narrowed his eyes at the guy before him, and an intense light had been seen in them. "I don't see how you got chosen prefect. I thought they were supposed to be good role models. And good at public relations.", said he. The line was simple, yet it was digging at Keith's character. It was referencing to his actions towards Ray, and what Ray had seen between the two standing before him. Ray's eyes swept over the corridor, noticing the areas which he could strike with spells in order to give Keith less time to react, if this turned into a duel. That was the best part about magic. Although it itself didn't follow the rules of muggle physics, the environment still followed them, allowing Ray to merge rules together and create an infallible technique. Lots of fun. 

He focused back on the angry guy. "Fine then. I'll be on my way.", said he, curtly, before turning towards the (he would daresay) pretty lady, raising a hand in order to ask her to move, but then noticing that her muscles contracted. "He was getting over here,", said she.

Ray raised an eyebrow as he noticed her walking towards him(she only took two strides). He saw her eyes focus on his....lips? He realized what was about to happen, but didn't have enough time to react as she caught his shirt and kissed him.

The kiss sent an electric feeling coursing through his body, due to the additional amount of hormones released. But his mind wasn't thinking about that kiss, or the way she smelled. Even though she smelled really nice and attractive. It suddenly dawned on him that it was a ruse to get the other guy even more infuriated, and thus he went along with it, placing his hands on either side of her waist to push her off lightly after what seemed like at eternity. His face reclaimed it's original nothingness, as he stared at the guy. "Or into that.", said he, unsure of what to do now. He'd deal with the girl later. 
Ray Ignazia
Ray Ignazia
Fifth Year Ravenclaw
Fifth Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 30

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top