Things that go bump into the night!
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Things that go bump into the night! Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Things that go bump into the night!

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Things that go bump into the night! Empty Things that go bump into the night!

Post by Maura Goldstein Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:13 am

It was pass midnight and here Maura was sitting in her bed trying to control her hunger that was starting to get out of control. Maura knew she haven't had blood in awhile seeing how the kitchen was running low but she honestly thought she could make until morning but her vampire side didn't think so. Trying to fight her vampire side off, Maura realized it wasn't any good the vampire was just going to win. Hearing heartbeat after heartbeat Maura's eyes turned red as she licked her fangs hungrily as she looked at her dorm mates that were asleep in their beds.

"Oh no you don't, we can wait until were out in the forest and hunt!"Maura told the vampire keeping her from attacking her house mates.

"Oh come on Mars, you know we can't wait that long we been waiting ages to feed!" the vampire told her hissing at Maura.

"We can wait a bit longer, just long enough to get in the forest!" Maura told the vampire as the vampire hissed obviously annoyed.

"Good lets go before we attack them all!"Maura told the vampire as she grabbed her Hufflepuff robe and her shoes before heading out. Heading out the Hufflepuff dorm and out the common room she headed towards the entrance hall and out to the cool summer breeze. Although Maura was already quick due to her being a vampire, Maura quickly ran out towards the forest wanting to get there as quickly as possible. She could tell the vampire was getting impatient and wanted blood and she was willing to attack the first thing she seen and could get her hands on. Finally reaching the forest Maura sighed in relief before her red eyes looked around.

Hearing a deer coming into view Maura hid behind a bush as it came closer for her to attack. Tackling it to the ground Maura started to drink from it but not enough to where she killed it completely though. Her eyes turning back to normal, Maura got out her wand and healed the deer as it ran off into the night. "There that should last for awhile at lease."Maura told herself as she wiped her mouth.

Maura Goldstein
Maura Goldstein
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Number of posts : 1235

Back to top Go down

Things that go bump into the night! Empty Re: Things that go bump into the night!

Post by Everly Bardugo Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:16 am

Adrienne was walking around outside even though she knew it was probably past curfew. She just couldn't think straight, and had been so focused on school work that all she wanted was a moment of peace outside. End of year exams were taking everything she had and she thought she deserved a break.

Just as Adrienne turned a corner, coming back to the front of the castle, she saw someone else outside as well. They were running so fast she couldn't make out who it was. Who in Merlin's name could run that fast? Not a normal human, she'd wager. Adrienne didn't know anyone from the school, however, who was anything other than a witch or wizard. This, of course, made her insanely curious - something that perhaps wasn't always good for her. She was naturally very curious, which is likely a big part of why she was put in Ravenclaw to begin with.

Adrienne took off at a run, following the person, but saw that they had gone into the Forbidden Forest. She skidded to a stop at the edge of the forest and took a deep breath. What if this person was in trouble and that's why they were running? She'd hate herself if she didn't try and help them. Suddenly, a flash of light came from what had to be a wand, a little ways into the forest. Deciding to just get in there and hope for the best, Addie pulled her wand out and carefully made her way inside. Oh, she was so going to get in trouble for this if she was wrong.

She heard a girl's voice, and turned her head in the direction of the sound. "Hello?" Adrienne called cautiously. She was nervous, but determined at this point. She was already this far, after all.
Everly Bardugo
Everly Bardugo
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 2817

Back to top Go down

Things that go bump into the night! Empty Re: Things that go bump into the night!

Post by Maura Goldstein Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:40 pm

Hearing a a girls voice Maura wiped her mouth once again and made sure she didn't have no blood on her before facing the girl. "It's ok, I'm not going to hurt you."said Maura softly as she walked towards the girl chuckling. "I just came out here because I couldn't clear my mind."said Maura half telling the truth half lying. Quite a bit of people she was a vampire due to the Daily Prophet but others didn't. Maura was thinking this girl sort of knew that she was a vampire, but she didn't care if the girl knew or not, she was quite used to being call a freak now.

"Lumos!" Maura cried as her wand lit up come to give her some light so she could see the girl face more. "You know, you shouldn't be out by yourself alone, it's dangerous."said Maura softly. Maura knew she should be telling herself that, but she was a vampire so she could handle herself. This girl on the otherhand was human, and alot more fragile then she was. Good thing Maura already fed or else she would of fed on this girl in a minute due to her heart beating so quickly.

"There's no reason to be nervous or scared, like I said I'm not going to hurt you."said Maura chuckling. That was one thing she loved about being a vampire, she could tell when someone was scared or nervous by hearing there heart beat. It was quite amusing at times, but it was annoying to her friends. Her chocolate brown eyes looking from the girl to the forest Maura knew they had to get out of her quick. "We got to get out of here, it's a full moon!"said Maura softly.

Although her vampire side knew she could fight of these werewolves, but her human side knew she had to get this girl to safety.

"Why did we even come out here? it's a bloody damn full moon!" Maura hissed to her vampire self in her head.

"Because we needed food, and besides it's not like you can take care of these mutts Ryo taught you well!" her vampire side hissed back at her.

"Fine, I'll take care of them after we get this girl to safety!" Maura told her vampire side as it hissed at her but finally agreed.
Maura Goldstein
Maura Goldstein
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Everly Bardugo Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:01 pm

Adrienne recognized the girl from passing her in the hallways, but she had never spoken to her before. The girl said she needed time to think, which Addie definitely understood. Adrienne watched the girl cast a spell, lighting up the area around them and blinked a few times at the brightness that was suddenly before her. The girl kept saying how she wasn't going to hurt Adrienne, and how she shouldn't be out alone.

"I know," Addie admitted, "Dangerous and all. But I saw you running and thought maybe you were in trouble. I just wanted to make sure." She attempted to explain. It wasn't at all a good excuse for being in the Forbidden Forest at night, but that was all she had.

The moment the other girl said it was a full moon, Adrienne's eyes flew up to the sky, and found the large white orb glowing above them through the thick trees overhead. "You're right. Goodness knows what could happen out here." Adrienne agreed, turning to leave. The girl seemed to be lost in thought for a moment, but Addie added, "I'm Adrienne by the way."

Addie didn't know why, but this person didn't strike her as dangerous, even though the girl had repeatedly told her she wouldn't hurt her. She just seemed like someone who had needed space, yet someone who was sort of looking out for Addie - which didn't happen often. Something about her made Adrienne feel less afraid of the Forest. Maybe it was just having someone with her. Addie usually only felt comfortable in situations like this with her friends, so maybe that's what Addie and this girl could be.
Everly Bardugo
Everly Bardugo
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Maura Goldstein Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:22 am

"I understand, but I'm ok I just needed to get out and clear my head."said Maura honestly as her chocolate brown eyes looked around as she heard howling. "Nice to meet you Adrienne, I'm Maura."said Maura. "Can I call you Addie for short? you can call me Mars everyone does!"said Maura softly.

Hearing the howls become closer she hissed angrily as her eyes turned red with hate and anger. "Ugh... stupid mutts, when will they ever learn?"Maura asked shaking her head and rolling her red eyes. "I know you know I'm different, I can tell that your alittle curious of what I am, I'm surprise you don't know with the Daily Prophet article not to long ago."said Maura. "I'm a vampire Addie, that's the main reason why I was out here, I needed some blood and the kitchen was low so needed to come out here."said Maura softly. "If you think I'm a freak now, I understand I get call it all the time so I'm honestly used to it."said Maura.

Although Maura sensed that she wouldn't run away or call her a freak, but she could be wrong but she was very seldom wrong. She looked like a person who would be a friend who had your back no matter what. Maura noticed that she looked less afraid seeing how she was with Maura now, Maura wondered if that was because she knew that she was a vampire. Maura used to be afraid of the forest as well, but now she really wasn't but she knew what was in here though.
Maura Goldstein
Maura Goldstein
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Everly Bardugo Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:05 am

Adrienne nodded in reply to Maura's explanation. "Most people call me Addie, yeah." She agreed. "Nice to meet you, Mars. Even if we are in a creepy forest." She joked lightly. She tended to try and make things less awkward by letting herself and the others around her chuckle.

Maura began explaining why she was out in the forest alone, and what she was. Adrienne had to admit she wasn't all that surprised. She had heard of a couple werewolves and vampires at Hogwarts but had yet to meet them. This girl seemed to expect Addie to run away or not want to talk to her anymore. Honestly, Addie probably would have felt the same way. Adrienne had to admit to being surprised that Maura disliked werewolves, considering that she was an outcast to some people as well. But she chose to just let that go like she hadn't heard it.

"You don't have to worry about me running off. My brother is missing, one of my best friends's sister was almost killed for being a squib, and another friend of mine is being forced into an arranged marriage because he's a pureblood. I understand how wrong it is to treat people badly because of what they are or what their life is. Every since Asher - my older brother - disappeared, I've learned not to judge things early. He could still be alive.." She trailed off, figuring Maura wouldn't really want to hear all about her problems considering they'd just met. "My point is, I don't just ditch people because of what they seem to be, or who they are. It takes a lot to scare me off."
Everly Bardugo
Everly Bardugo
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Maura Goldstein Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:28 pm

Maura chuckled at her comment. "Yeah, not really the place that you want to meet someone."said Maura chuckling. Maura liked her sense of humor at a time like this, she seemed like the type of person who would lighten the mood in a bad situation.

Maura looked at her and smiled. "Thanks for understanding Addie, not many people understand me around here, only very little."said Maura honestly. "I usually get called a blood sucking freak, but like I said I'm quite used to it."said Maura shrugging as if it wasn't no big deal. Maura frowned as Addie told her the story of her brother missing, her best friend nearly being killed for being a squid and her other friend in a arrange marriage. "Ooh... that sucks Addie, I'm so sorry but I'm here if you need me."said Maura softly. " I can relate to your best friend though, I was taken by this physco named James and he took me and tortured me."said Maura swallowing hard as she looked at the scars that were on her arms. "I glad you don't ditch people Addie, I just wished there were more people like you out there."said Maura softly.
Maura Goldstein
Maura Goldstein
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Everly Bardugo Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:30 am

Maura joked back which made Adrienne smile in spite of where they were. Addie was never one to enjoy awkward or dark moments - or conversations for that matter - hence her sarcasm and wit. It tended to come out even when Addie wasn't thinking about it. She thought back to when she met Reid and nearly laughed. How typically snarky she'd been that day.

Maura clearly appreciated Adrienne not running off at the first signs of being different. Mars seemed to be very blunt, but Addie sort of appreciated the change of pace. Most people kept their thoughts and opinions to themselves these days for fear of upsetting others. But really, anyone who would be upset wouldn't be worth the trouble.

Adrienne gasped but held her tongue at Maura's story of being tortured. It must have been terrible - though Addie couldn't exactly imagine it, of course. "It's just not fair to treat people the way they've treated so many of the people I know. Things are rough but there's no need to make scapegoats out of everyone." She grumbled, crossing her arms over her chest as they walked.
Everly Bardugo
Everly Bardugo
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Maura Goldstein Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:58 am

"Your telling me, I can't you how many times I get made fun of because of what I am!"said Maura softly.  "I mean I just like everyone else, it's just I'm paler and I don't have a heartbeat and I drink blood!"said Maura honestly.  "I mean I still think and have human emotions, I'm not just all vampire!" shaking her head. "I don't think people get the whole meaning of creatures like me."said Maura honestly.

Maura honestly didn't know why so many people hated her, what was so bad about what she was?  She couldn't be any worse then werewolves right? They were just mean and cruel to where vampires were when they were just hungry.
Maura Goldstein
Maura Goldstein
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Everly Bardugo Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:44 pm

Adrienne shook her head sadly as Maura told her of all of the things she'd been through. "I'm so sorry you've had to deal with all of that, Mars," Addie sighed, "It's not like its your fault or you could change if you wanted to."

She glanced up at the sky which was visible now that they'd left the trees, thinking of her family and wondering what they were doing. "You know, my mum is a muggle," she began seemingly randomly, "and I sometimes wonder how she found out dad was a wizard. Or what she did or said. He couldn't change it, and she chose to accept it, like some people will with you." 

Addie looked over at Mars and gave her a reassuring smile. She was glad to have someone like Maura who she could talk about the serious things with.
Everly Bardugo
Everly Bardugo
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top