Beetle Eyes Conquest - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Beetle Eyes Conquest - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Beetle Eyes Conquest

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Beetle Eyes Conquest - Page 2 Empty Re: Beetle Eyes Conquest

Post by Sunny Dyllan-Thomas Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:51 am

Sunny smiled a good-natured smile as Vivi agreed to call her Sunny. She would like to tell Jack all about how she made a new friend named Vivi who had helped her get her beetle eyes - then she realized that she would have to own up to running off, again, to do that. Ah, it would be worth it. Jack seemed like discipline was a foreign concept to her anyway, and never seemed to have her heart in it when she had to scold Sunny. The little girl was sure she could get away with it.

Vivi scooped up the beetle eyes and Sunny hopped up and down, giggling with excitement. She still had no idea what she would do with the beetle eyes - chances were, she would have forgotten all about them by this time tomorrow - but for now, it was an exciting prospect to have a bag of beetle eyes.

Vivi was smart - she had to be to be able to read that big word. "Ap-of-ca-ree," Sunny attempted to repeat. It was too many syllables for her to remember and be able to properly respond to! "Apofcaree." She made a little noise of frustration and kicked out her little foot. "Whatever," she announced, thoroughly done with the word. "I can't even make potions, so I don't care."

Vivi handed Sunny her bag and Sunny stared at it, moving her fingers and watching the beetle eyes tumble over each other as she manipulated the bag. She responded to Vivi without looking up. "So, you're a witch?"
Sunny Dyllan-Thomas
Sunny Dyllan-Thomas
Child

Number of posts : 199

Back to top Go down

Post by Vivianna Varnes Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:23 pm

Vivianna smiled into her shoulder at Sunny's attempt to pronounce the word Vivianna had provided her. The teenager absently wondered how old the girl was as she tied her own bag, filled with four scoops of eyes. If she had to hazard a guess, the student would probably say around seven, but it was hard to tell with children that age. They all grew and developed at different speeds, so one could never know for sure.

Vivianna was about to soothe the younger girl, telling her that she herself hadn't been able to say such big words until she was at least nine, which may or may not have been true, when Sunny's question distracted her. "Yes, I'm a witch," she informed the child patently. It was either that or a squib, considering that she was planning on brewing a potion, but it was possible that young girl didn't know that.

"What about you Sunny?" Vivianna asked curiously. The Slytherin figured that, if a half blood, Sunny would almost certainly have shown signs of accidental magic by now. It was possible that she would end up non-magical, but if so the girl's answer would likely be that they just didn't know yet.

Scooping up her other ingredients, the teenager started to make her way to the other side of the store to pay. Remembering her early offer, the witch paused where she stood, "Sunny, I was gonna go pay now, unless you'd like to look around at the other things with me?"
Vivianna Varnes
Vivianna Varnes
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 1004

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunny Dyllan-Thomas Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:45 am

The girl was a witch and, while Sunny should have simply accepted that, in her new life, most people were magic, it still filled her with wonder. While she had accepted it as fact of life in stride - because OF COURSE magic was real, why would she even think to question it? - it was still amazing to have the fact verified so often.

"Coooo-oool," she said, nodding appreciatively as the older girl got her own supplies. Sunny's eyes drifted towards the rest of the shop, taking it all in the best she could. She answered the girl's question absently. "Oh, I'm not magic. I'm normal and boring. Aunt Jack says I'm a 'moogle.'"

She smiled up at her. "I'd like to keep looking."

((sorry it's short - trying to churn out a million posts tonight))
Sunny Dyllan-Thomas
Sunny Dyllan-Thomas
Child

Back to top Go down

Post by Vivianna Varnes Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:39 pm

"Don't worry Sunny, you're hardly boring," Vivianna replied automatically to hide her shock. This little girl was a muggle? It would explain how the girl hadn't known certain things, but it was still quite the mystery. Vivianna could only assume that the child had been introduced to the world of magic through the aunt she'd mentioned, who was likely either a witch or a squib.

"Alright, so what would you like to see? There's all sorts of stuff here, unicorn parts, seeds of man-eating plants, more creature eyes," the teenager listed, attempting to think of the things that would interest Sunny.

Not waiting for Sunny's response, the witch began to steer the adorable muggle towards the back shelves, using a hand placed strategically on the girl's shoulder. The teen considered trying to explain to the child that she shouldn't announce to just anyone she came across that she was a muggle. Perhaps later.

(No problem Smile)
Vivianna Varnes
Vivianna Varnes
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunny Dyllan-Thomas Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:43 am

"Oh, I know I'm not," Sunny responded - gotta love that classic Dyllan ego. "But the normal people are boring in comparison to magic people. So, I'm boring because I was born boring, but I rock because I'm cool because I'm special." She grinned widely, even though the sentence was a bit of a doozy to understand.

The girl's list was much too amazing, much too astounding for Sunny to fully wrap her head around and each sounded too tempting for her to make a decision. Her eyes continued to expand until they were full and round with awe, her mouth open with surprise and wonder as she tried to process it all.

"I want to see everything." And the older girl pushed her into the thick of the store.
Sunny Dyllan-Thomas
Sunny Dyllan-Thomas
Child

Back to top Go down

Post by Vivianna Varnes Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:53 pm

Vivianna smiled hugely, chest shaking harshly in an attempt not to break out in laughter. Sunny had gone off on some tangent about how wizards were less boring than muggles, but she was awesome for a muggle, and so she knew she wasn't boring. Or at least, Vivianna had thought that's what the girl had said, it had been slightly hard to follow.

The witch wondered if she had been like this as a child. Perhaps she would ask her aunt over the next holiday. Her aunt would likely laugh at her, but the teen wouldn't mind in the face of her curiosity.

As Sunny announced that she wanted to see everything, Vivianna couldn't contain the tiny giggle that escaped her lips. Directing the younger girl through the store, they ended up facing some tall shelves. "Be careful if you have to touch anything," the student warned mildly, "now this here, is hair off the tail of a unicorn."
Vivianna Varnes
Vivianna Varnes
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunny Dyllan-Thomas Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:55 am

Sunny followed the older girl, skipping down the aisles and swinging the bag about in wide circles. She swung a bit too wide and hit a small container, which released some snake scales. The clerk looked up and narrowed his eyes at her. Sunny smiled a big, cheesy, toothy grin that spread from ear to ear, before scooping the scales back into the container and setting it back on the shelf.

Whoopsie-daisy.

Vivi showed her the unicorn tail and Sunny reached out to touch it shakily, her eyes incredibly wide. "Tell me everything about unicorns."

((Muse... failing!!!))
Sunny Dyllan-Thomas
Sunny Dyllan-Thomas
Child

Back to top Go down

Post by Vivianna Varnes Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:24 pm

Vivianna winced slightly as Sunny knocked a few snake scales from their jar. The young girl quickly replaced them, and sent what was probably and apologetic smile to the clerk, so the teenager figured it was okay. Hopefully, the little girl had learnt her lesson and would be more careful in future.

When Sunny asked to know everything about unicorns, Vivianna let a grin split her face. "Well, unicorns are very very pretty. They're born gold, and then turn silver, and then white when they're grown-up. They have golden hooves, and it takes a few years for them to grow their horn. They like girls better than boys. Uh, both unicorn horns and tail hairs are used in different potions. And, um, oh, unicorn hair is also used to put in the middle of wands sometimes!" the student explained, pointing out unicorn parts in jars as she told Sunny about the majestic creature. The witch had let out the information on unicorn blood, but hadn't wanted to explain that to a child.

((Is it horrifically sad that I knew all that...?)))
Vivianna Varnes
Vivianna Varnes
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunny Dyllan-Thomas Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:54 am

((Um, no, that's cool. xD ))

Sunny listened eagerly. She loved asking her aunt and her aunt's roommate questions relating to the magical world she so suddenly felt herself apart involved in. She loved being surprised by new things each day, her mind opened and widened by the potential the world held for her. Life was already interesting for her - at six years old, every new fact just added to the color of the world.

Add magic, and she had fun every day.

"That... is awesome!" she said. "Where do you learn all that stuff?"
Sunny Dyllan-Thomas
Sunny Dyllan-Thomas
Child

Back to top Go down

Post by Vivianna Varnes Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:25 am

((*cough* Right, very cool. *shifty eyes*))

Vivianna just continued to grin. "Well, I go to a school where they tech me how to work my magic, it's called Hogwarts. At school, they have a class you can take called Care of Magical Creatures. One of the creatures we learned about was unicorns. There's even a big forest right next to the school so some unicorns live, so we got to see them," the witch told the exited youngster without skipping a beat.

The girl had only taken the elective for the part it could play in potions. As it turned out, the teacher didn't really relate the lessons back to potions the way the Herbology Professor had done, but Vivianna had enjoyed the class all the same.
Vivianna Varnes
Vivianna Varnes
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top