Detention for Two
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Detention for Two Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Detention for Two

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Detention for Two Empty Detention for Two

Post by Vivianna Varnes Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:28 am

Vivianna stormed down the hall with a scowl on her face. She wasn't really all that annoyed that she had received a detention, what annoyed her was the reason she’d gotten one. Vivianna was a bit of an insomniac sometimes, so on those nights she would take a walk. She very rarely left the dungeons, so she hardly felt like it was something deserving of punishment. It's not like she was purposely going out and causing trouble.

However, every Slytherin knew that it was never a good idea to sneak out on a Tuesday, because that was the day that the caretaker patrolled the dungeons. The night before, after lying in bed for hours, Vivianna stumbled out of the common room and right into the caretaker! She had cursed herself for the rest of the night, she knew better than to go out on a Tuesday! But somehow her sleep-deprived brain had forgotten this small fact. This brought us to Wednesday evening, where an irritated Vivianna was off to detention. She didn't mind detention so much when she knew she had done something to deserve it, but getting one for something like this left the Slytherin girl in a rather unpleasant mood.

Vivianna stopped outside the door to the detention room, rolled her neck back so that it would crack, and opened the door. It took a spilt second for her irritation to double. And all she had done in that split second was lay her eyes on Sarah Nesbitt.

Last edited by Vivianna Varnes on Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Vivianna Varnes
Vivianna Varnes
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 1004

Back to top Go down

Detention for Two Empty Re: Detention for Two

Post by Nathaniel Addams Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:22 am

Sarah walked angrily down the corridor towards the detention room with anger in her emerald eyes. Although Sarah had a million detentions, all of them were stupid but this was in her opinion was the stupidest of them all. Sarah was heading towards her common room and was one minute pass curfew and was given a detention for being out pass curfew.

Rolling her eyes at the thought of it she entered the room and sat down in her normal seat before she realized that she wasn't alone. "What did they get you for? mine was being one minute pass curfew bloody gits!"said Sara obviously annoyed by all this. She knew her brother Sam wasn't going to be happy with her, but she needed something to do with her time. He tried so many times to change her ways, but he just couldn't she been like this since Zandell died out of depression and anger.
Nathaniel Addams
Nathaniel Addams
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 319

Back to top Go down

Post by Vivianna Varnes Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:53 am

Vivianna didn't like Sarah Nesbit, she really didn't like Sarah Nesbit. The two girls didn't interact all that much, but when they did, it was the epitome of Slytherin and Gryffindor rivalry. There was just something about Sarah that rubbed Vivianna the wrong way. Of course, there was also that time when they'd been paired in Potions and their caldron melted. Clearly, that had been Sarah's fault, and Vivianna had never quite forgiven that failing grade on her otherwise perfect record.

So, when the Nesbit girl stormed into the room like she owned the place, the Slytherin's eyes narrowed. "I was caught after curfew as well, not the most intelligent of circumstances but," the witch replied cooling, cutting herself off with a shrug.

Kicking at the chair beside her so that it scooted an appropriate distance away, the girl swung her legs into the empty seat. Leaning back against the desk behind her, elbows resting on the very same desk, feet propped up, smirk on her face, Vivianna looked like the poster child of her house.
Vivianna Varnes
Vivianna Varnes
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Addams Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:32 pm

Sarah rolled her eyes at Vivianna before she got up and walked to the other side of the room away from her. "How pathetic of her, she's still blaming me for that stupid potion accident that was so ages ago!"Sarah thought to herself rolling her eyes in annoyance. It happened in their third year, and Vivianna hadn't forgave her since that day for ruining her perfect potions record. But then again, Sarah haven't really forgave her for ruining her patronus charm that they were doing in Defense Against the Dark Arts in there third year because she was still mad at her. Sarah was good at Defense Against the Dark Arts and Vivianna wasn't, just like she was good at Potions and Sarah wasn't.

It was obvious that they hated each other but here they were in the same room together serving detention. "Ugh... worse punishment ever! I rather be scrubbing the bathroom on the second floor then be here with her!"Sarah thought to herself. As much as she hated doing that, it would get her away from Vivianna the one person she hated more then anything. Not only because what she did to her, but because she thinks she just using Maura as a toy to where she honestly hates Maura.

"You know, this question has been bugging me, are you really friends with Maura or do you hate her as much as me?"Sarah asked her smirking. "Cause as far as I'm aware of, you hate everyone besides yourself."said Sarah. "Cause I'm Maura's best friend and I honestly don't see how she likes you!"said Sarah honestly.
Nathaniel Addams
Nathaniel Addams
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Vivianna Varnes Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:32 pm

Vivianna hardly restrained her scoff when Sarah got up and moved further away from her. Now mature of the Gryffindor, it wasn't like Slytherin was contagious or anything. Sarah was definitely one of Vivianna's least favorite people in the entire castle. Really, the Slytherin could divide everyone in the school into five basic groups; Care about, Think are decent, Don't know or don't care, Not fond of, and Loathe. The brunette who just happened to be in the room with her right then, was one of the few who managed to land herself in that interestingly small last category.

When Sarah turned to her and asked her if she was really friends with Maura, Vivianna wanted to explode. She knew the two girls were good friends, but had always managed to avoid the topic of Nesbit in the presence of the Hufflepuff.

Standing abruptly, the half-bloods eyes narrowed, "how dare you! Just because I hate you doesn't mean I hate everyone! Salazar, I have friends in every house, there's even a Gryffindor I get along with! Believe it or not, I genuinely care about Maura. The only thing I don't understand is how she could be close to a bloody bigot like you!" The teenager's words were dripping with spite, range almost, but not quite, taking over her. Vivianna despised the stereotype that all Slytherins didn't have feelings and did everything simply for their own gain. Honestly, they were people too.
Vivianna Varnes
Vivianna Varnes
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Addams Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:48 pm

"You know nothing about Maura you bloody snake, your just trying to keep her from the one person she loves, what kind of friend is that?"Sarah asked her shaking her head. "Your suppose to be supportive, not trying to make you hate you whic she's probably going to end up doing!"said Sarah smirking. "But then again, no one knows Maura more then me, although Ryo knows her pretty well."said Sarah thinking out loud on purpose.

Sarah rolled her eyes and laughed her cold laugh as her emerald eyes looked at Vivianna with fire in her eyes. "A bloody bigot like you say eh? I honestly don't see how anyone could like a slime like you, your so rude to everyone it's a wonder that one one likes you but unlike me alot of people like me!"said Sarah smirking. "But then again, I don't think I'm better then anyone!"said Sarah with spite and anger in her voice. She didn't care what the girl did to her, she was just stating the facts to her.

"You know, your so pathetic your still angry and hate me because I messed up that potion in our third year!"said Sarah rolling her eyes. "God get a life and get over yourself!"said Sarah smirking at her. "God that's probably why no one likes you, you hold such stupid grudges!"said Sarah. "Oh by the way, stop trying to break Maura and Ryo up and don't deny it cause I know you are!"said Sarah her emerald eyes glaring at her. "I wouldn't be surprise if Maura dumps you, your just holding her down Vivianna."said Sarah.

Nathaniel Addams
Nathaniel Addams
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Vivianna Varnes Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:46 pm

"You're such an idiot, you just keep repeating the same things over and over again! If you're going to scream at me, at least get some valid points will you?" Vivianna growled out, frustrated. "For goodness sake, I'm not trying to keep Maura from anyone!" the Slytherin was really irritated at this point, the other witch wasn't even making any sense to her! Bloody lions, just jumping into things with no idea what they were talking about.

"First of all, I'm not rude to everyone. I'm just rude to people I don't like, namely you. And last time I checked, you aren't all that nice to those you don't like either, so that's really not the best basis for an entire personality, Nesbit," the teenager drawled out. "I called you a bigot because you discriminate against my entire house! Everyone says that Gryffindors are supposed to be the ones who are noble and true, but really, you just discriminate against us! And then you suddenly think you have the right to be righteous when a Slytherin does the same thing! For Merlin's sake, we're all people, but at least the snakes are honest about it!" The redhead was boarding on yelling now.

"I do not hate you because of something that happened over two years ago, I hate you because you're a terrible person! Of course, back to the Ryo thing. Well guess what, I'm not trying to break them up! I just don't like Ryo and am honest about the fact. Because guess what, snakes can be honest too!" Vivianna was done. She was done with tolerating the connotations that went along with her house's name. She was done with how the firstie snakes were picked on like nothing else. She was done with what the other houses would whisper behind their hands. And she was done with Nesbit and all her little lion friends treating Slytherins like the lower, emotionless, scum-filled house that it wasn't.
Vivianna Varnes
Vivianna Varnes
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Addams Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:14 am

Sarah rolled her eyes at her comment. "Yeah.. yeah... say what you want to say, but we all know your denying it!"said Sarah smirking at her. Bloody stupid snakes, always trying to make them look good when they were downright a horrible house to be in. She hated how Slytherin thought they were better then everyone else due to there house being purebloods.

Sarah laughed her cold laugh at her and shook her head. " You honest have no idea do you?"Sarah asked her laughing. "I don't hate my enemies, I just hate you and everything you are!"said Sarah angrily. Sarah's emerald eyes looked at her with anger in them. "You don't know nothing and the last time I check, you wasn't the most popular among the snakes!"said Sarah smirking. "But then again I'm not either with the lions, but then again I'm honest to the people that I don't like!"said Sarah.

Sarah laughed her cold laugh. "Terrible person you say eh? well I guess it works both ways then."said Sarah smirking. "But then again, you don't have a good reputation with being nice to people also so I guess were even on that."said Sarah. "I'm only terrible to the people who are terrible to me, which you are!"said Sarah. "Oh by the way, if your going to use my last name say it right!"said Sarah glaring at her. "It's Nesbitt with two t's not one you bloody idiot god learn how to spell!"said Sarah rolling her eyes at her.
Nathaniel Addams
Nathaniel Addams
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Vivianna Varnes Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:16 pm

Vivianna was beyond pissed. So pissed that her rage no longer boiled through her veins anymore like it had moments previously. Now it was frozen, a temper of ice. The girl knew that when she spoke her voice would be cold and sharp. Taking a step forwards and then turning her back to the Gryffindor, she reached into her bag for a vial. Pulling out a strong headache drought, the teenager downed it in one practiced swallow. The Slytherin then turned back to the other girl and eyed her up carefully.

"Think what you wish," Vivianna said coolly. Truly, she wasn't the most popular among her own house, but only because she didn't want to be. Nowadays, most of her house either liked her, feared her, or looked up to her. It was people like that who ruled Slytherin, but Vivianna hardly wanted the title or responsibility to those she didn't like.

"I'm honest to people I don't like myself, you and Ryo are prime examples," the teen said shortly. If anything, the opposite of what the other girl had said was true, people Vivianna not minding thinking that she hated them. Not that she went out of her way to correct such thoughts. The redhead just rolled her eyes at how sensitive her year mate was about the spelling of her last name. Shesh, Nesbitt sure was prone to over-reaction.
Vivianna Varnes
Vivianna Varnes
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Addams Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:23 pm

Sarah rolled her eyes at the girl before turning her back to the girl simply ignoring her as if she wasn't even there. "Ugh... I can't wait for this bloody detention to be over!"Sarah thought to herself. Digging through her bookbag that she brought she gotten out a book and started reading. Sarah was tired of talking to the Slytherin girl, it was just a waste of her time and breath. Besides, she had plenty of friends she didn't need Varnes telling her differently. She knew the truth, and that was all that mattered even if Varnes didn't think so, but who cares about what she thought.

Looking at her watch Sarah noticed that they only had a hour left until this bloody detention was over with. Sarah hated Varnes more then anything, she was cold and cruel and Sarah just didn't like people who were that way. But then again, Sarah was that way as well but only to people who treated her badly. Prime example the red headed girl that was in front of her. Sarah didn't know why they hated each other so much, but they just did and have since there third year.

Nathaniel Addams
Nathaniel Addams
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top