Happy Birthday PA! - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Happy Birthday PA! - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Happy Birthday PA!

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Happy Birthday PA! - Page 2 Empty Re: Happy Birthday PA!

Post by James S. Potter Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:27 am

...says Silvyr, the world's most modest man. Razz
James S. Potter
James S. Potter
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 361
Special Abilities : Animagus and Parseltongue

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlotte Dyllan Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:01 am

Oh geez. It'd been over three years since I created Jamie Prophet, my sweet like sixth year. As a beginner writer, PA was the perfect place to expand on my meager skills and become a much more gifted writer. (I can now write a paragraph. Yay me. Most of my early friends have long since disappeared into the oblivion of real life but new and old RP partners that remain are a second family to me.

Amy, namely, is responsible for indirectly teaching me how to write. Her characters, plots, and adoreable British accent all keep me hooked to PA in the long term. She has become one of my closest friends and I trust I can tell her my deepest secrets. Even though school keeps her busy, my dearest Maddles (and future adopted parent) teaches me how to have fun, live life, and appreciate what I have. Even when she doesn't realize it her words encourage me, inspire me, and drive me to be better. Lastly, my newest friend is the ever popular Jackles. I remember when she joined and I started stalking the Maurader Era threads. I always wanted to RP with her and I'm finally getting that oppertunity. More than anyone, she's keeping me involved and excited about PA. Plus she has no problem listening to me rant on about plots. Also a little shoutout to Molly, Iris.. you all know who you are. There's so many people I hope to get to know. I demand we all RP in the upcoming year.

PA has been a part of my life for so long and ubdoubhtably has shaped who I am as a person. Even if we have never spoken I love each and every one of you for that. Even in my periods of absense, I've always come back to PA and it is truely my home base of RP sites. May it last many more years.

<3 Jamie/Emily
Charlotte Dyllan
Charlotte Dyllan
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Number of posts : 126

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:48 am

Oh where to begin PA... where to begin.

I suppose, I need to decide who I'm writing to. Is it PA? Is it to the little voice in the back of my head that seeks self-approval? Is it to you guys, the members? I think I'll try for all three.

I suppose some memories are necessary. I remember joining the old PA - there was a site before this one - and freaking out immediately, not knowing a thing about RPing, then dropping off the map.

But then I came back! AJ and Andrian had gone through some phase of making sites for everything that caught their interest (In fact, I'll admit that the Founder, Sue, and myself went through that phase - can't believe I ever started a Twilight RP) and eventually I landed up here.

Let me tell you, it wasn't pretty. Jess' "thing" was that he would laugh at himself a lot, do the most absurd, stupid... things... have to just leave it at things... and though he was the best person in the world.

And come on, he totally was, right?

I remember all the weddings. Andrian and Soph, Andrian and Belle, Soph and Jake, Andrian and Soph, Andrian and Soph, and of course, Myself and Mari. Yeah. When I was 13 I had the emotional depth to get married, how cool am I...

I lived through Danevra, I somehow survived Hogwarts (though I've gotta get back some time Wink )

I also want us to remember members from the past who are no longer with us. People like our darling Amelia, the amazing Ginevra, the foundress herself, Sue, and of course, on a more personal, real level for myself, Nikki, a member of ours who passed away last year. This site couldn't possibly be what it is now without everyone who has ever posted a single word on the board.

And of course, I suppose, it's important to talk about the beautiful admin team that I have worked with. Of course, we have all fought with the admin team. We've all had mutinous discussions where we consider making our own site and saying "up yours PA admins" and we've all eventually decided that it's just easier to let the admins, myself included, just go on under the pretence of some semblance to power, whilst we just do our own things.

Note how I say we, like I'm one of you guys?! Accept me!?!!?!??!?!? LOVE ME PA!?!?!???!?!

Though, I'll say now, we, the admins, never mean to cause offence. Whatever we do, always try and see that we have the best of intentions, be it for the individual or the site as a whole. This doesn't always work out best, we know... the road to hell, after all, is paved with good intentions. But know that we do love each and every one of you, and whenever a member leaves, it doesn't escape our attentions, nor our discussions.

But seriously, I've gone through ups and downs with the site, I've met the most beautiful people in the world and have seen myself, outside of PA, become a more confident, outgoing person. Much like Jack, I've struggled on the friend front when it's come to PA, but eventually I came to the opinion that I have enough friends on the site, with all of you, and so I just want to keep it to all of you
Smile

Anyway, I know you're all thinking that I should shut up, because I'm long winded... fair point.

I'll finish by saying that it's hard to really sum up how I feel about PA with words, ironic, given the nature of what we do here on the boards. PA makes me feel like I'm at home, and, despite what Darren says, I think that as long as there is a core group of PA members, we can have fun amongst ourselves. We don't need new members or millions of posts. We just need each other.

I love you PA, and I love everyone who is a part of it, past, present, and future.
:')

Last edited by Jess Potter on Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 14221
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Seer, Flying, Legilimens

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1356010139

Back to top Go down

Post by Darien de Ramiére Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:00 am

Wow... I have been here soon 3 years.. not as Darien, but as Alice Taylor. God I loved that character.

Though, these three years have been... on-off comings and goings. Sad, because this site is like... I really like it.

Thanks to Miseria, who invited me here! :3

Anyways... I'm happy that PA has lasted this long, it's really impressive. I don't know any other roleplaying forums, which have lasted that long. I'm proud of our lovely admins! :3

Thank you for creating this awesome forum. Smile

Happy birthday, PA!
Darien de Ramiére
Darien de Ramiére
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Number of posts : 601
Special Abilities : Parseltongue, Legilimency

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Marcheti Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:43 pm

You all know me, but I do not know all of you.

I am awesome, and so is PA, we are one in the same.

Believe it or not I actually joined.... well hell its been a few years. I was under a different guise then ( Thomas Tangleton ) and the website was quite a bit different. I have evolved quite a bit since I joined, going from deranged and psychotic murderer to... well... a different type of deranged and psychotic murderer.

I have some fine memories. The best one for me was the Friday Night Roleplay we all did. I had such a good time and it was awesome to see a long shot idea come to fruition. That was one of my most memorable roleplaying experiences on the website ( And I hope some others feel the same way. ) I remember when Ne'os was a student! When Chase and Thomas had a thing ( Hey gurl ) When Jackles was an admin! I also remember creating Aaron and thinking "Wow, this guy is going to be complicated..." And he certainly has been, but very rewarding.

I did accomplish something Jack could not, and that was bringing real life friends over to the website, Silvyr and Whight. That's right, if you didn't already know, we are three IRL best friends and we sit at each others houses and talk about each and every one of you. What we say will never be told because we are the IRL PA Clique of Awesome ( copyright )

Jess, Darren, Khaat, Sophia, and more recently Keith, thanks for keeping the site going. I know I have pestered each and every one of you at some point, but if you didn't have me, no radical ideas would be spread around Razz You guys do a great job at running the site and I think it is a big accomplishment to have a play by post website last this long.

A few more shout outs. Ne'os is an OG evil doer, Jackles is my plot homie, Hit, I dunno how you do it, but you have a million characters. Molz... <3.

WU TANG!!!!!
Aaron Marcheti
Aaron Marcheti
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 644
Special Abilities : Leglimency, Occlumency

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:46 pm

Plotting homie? More like plotting overlord.
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 10287
Special Abilities : Occlumency
Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

https://jackles-feels-feelings.polyvore.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Marcheti Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:47 pm

I am the overlord. You are more like a sidekick.
Aaron Marcheti
Aaron Marcheti
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:51 pm

I'm pretty sure I started out saying Sofie and Aaron were perfect, and you resisted. And now who's writing Sofie/Aaron fluff with me?
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Marcheti Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:53 pm

I only do it because I care about your emotions as a human being.

<.<

>.>
Aaron Marcheti
Aaron Marcheti
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:55 pm

If you cared, you'd answer my latest PM! jcvbbvfjk;
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top