Happy Birthday PA!
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Happy Birthday PA! Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Happy Birthday PA!

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Happy Birthday PA! Empty Happy Birthday PA!

Post by Darren Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:38 pm

Five years! It's hard to imagine. PA started off, as I'm sure most of you know, as a one-liner site, with no plot or even applications. It's gone through a very, very long journey since then, and has transformed to become a great site. I doubt any of the founders would have imagined that PA would last this long, but PA is still here, five years later. Not a lot of RP sites last nearly this long, so I think today we can look with pride towards the site we have made. After all, PA is nothing without the members who made it into what it is. We have one of the most dedicated and loyal members that any site could have, evidenced by the fact that many of our members have been around for so long.

For me, PA has always been like a second home. I've been an admin here for four and a half years. It is extremely important to me, which is why I also want to acknowledge now that this hasn't been the greatest year for PA. We've gone through it well enough, and some great new members have joined, but overall we have only managed about half the posts we did last year. Personally, I don't plan on staying here much longer, perhaps for a couple more months, but in that time I want to make sure that PA active enough that it will last a few more years. To that end, you can probably expect a few changes in the admin team and the site as a whole soon. But more on that later.

Anyway, feel free to share some thoughts, experiences and favorite memories of PA here, and make sure to wish it Happy Birthday!

Last edited by Darren on Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Darren
Darren

Number of posts : 22273
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Leglimens,

Back to top Go down

Happy Birthday PA! Empty Re: Happy Birthday PA!

Post by Anabelle Mulciber Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:49 pm

I joined PA almost two years ago with pretty much no RP experience at all. I'm sure a few of you who I RPed with at first remember how bad my posts were. In fact, I didn't even know what Roleplay was until Xem(Or Chris is you know him hy his real name.) showed me PA in school in eighth grade. I had a hard time understanding what to do and even filling out the app. My first app for Hitamé was pretty crappy, I'll admit it.

But in the almost two years I've been here, my posts have gotten longer and more detailed. I've really grown as a Roleplayer. And PA has helped me improve my writing skills, it's so much easier for me to write essays and such now, all thanks to PA. I'm hoping to stay here for many more years, in which I'm sure the site will grow more, and I'm glad that Xem showed it to me when he did.

Happy birthday PA!
Anabelle Mulciber
Anabelle Mulciber
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 3936
Special Abilities : Seer

http://khandvampireknight.forumsmotions.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:05 pm

PA will be mine.

I kid.

(Yeah right, I never joke).

I started Jack out in the end of her sixth year, close to turning 17. This summer, she'll turn twenty. I came here after a one-liner site I had joined failed, I had been rejected at another site, and a 2 year old RP site was deleted. I came here expecting nothing.

My first thread was with AJ. My first plot was with Red. My first chatbox buddy was Molly. And my first Canadian friend was Matt. (I knew he'd be mad if he didn't get a shout out, so there it is). These four people mean a lot to me. And one day, they will live with me in a castle in Canada.

PA and I have been an odd couple. I remember the demon plot (I can practically hear the groans). I was a mod for about a week before mods were decided against, and then I was admin. School hit hard and I stepped down as admin. But I don't think I've ever gone longer than a week without posting. PA made me stay up past bedtimes, kept me company on days I didn't feel good, pissed me off when I cared too much, and was always where I knew I could find my friends.

This year has been rough. Red, Matt, Molly, and some new friends (lookin' at you Des, Aaron, Whight, Silvyr) have kept me going. Everyone was prepared to celebrate and mourn the day I would leave for college, and every mourned and celebrated the day I realized I would be staying another year, sad my plans had changed, but happy to keep me here. Try as I might, I could never properly explain PA to my real life friends. I've had four of them join and quit, simply because they never got the experience I did. My boyfriend will never have a conversation with me where I don't suddenly thrash and say one of my character's names, before blurting out the story. Just last night, I had a dream about one of my characters (and disturbing, hilarious dream at that).

All my life I've been a writer, but it wasn't until PA that I learned what it meant to write as a character. Through the good and the bad -grits teeth- I'll stick around. I can't leave PA. I just can't.
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 10287
Special Abilities : Occlumency
Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

https://jackles-feels-feelings.polyvore.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophia Granger Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:16 pm

I been on P.A. a month after it started so I remember the beginning of this site very well! Razz I also remember doing line liners like Darren stated, man I sure came a LONG way since then! P.A. is like a second home to me, and it been like that since I joined Dec.17 th 2007. Even though P.A. had MANY ups and downs we still remianed a strong HP rping site! I remember coming on this site being a nobody and now I'm a somebody with wonderful friends that love me! Even though some of the OLDER members aren't with us anymore, we shall remember them!
Sophia Granger
Sophia Granger
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 11575

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Addams Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:23 pm

I haven't been here for that long, but since Soph had introduced me to P.A. I been addicted to ever since! I don't have memoires of P.A. like Soph or Darren does, but the only person I know was Soph and Keegan so I was a bit shy when I first came on here! The first person I talked to was Hitame I believe and I think she was the first person outside of Soph and Keegan I rped with! But I thank Soph for showing me this site, this site had helped me through ALOT of thing in my life thanks P.A. and Happy B-day!
Nathaniel Addams
Nathaniel Addams
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 319

Back to top Go down

Post by Chastity Moor Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:30 pm

When I started PA... Well I started on Chase actually.. Chase Moor, and at the time, she was actually played by Kristen Stewart, can you believe it? I've definitely had my ups and downs, even went completely inactive for a year *Not my fault, I moved and had no internet* But you know.. I came back...

My wonderful friends have kept me coming back again and again. I have Jackles to thank a lot for that actually, her youtube video literally made me squeal and log on! So thank you Jackles for forcing me back onto this lovely site Razz

We all know I've gotten into fights with Admins before, disappeared for long stretches at a time, and been on and off moderator for.. well.. a couple months anyway.

But I always come back, and I think that's what is special about PA you know? It's a site that even when you left, even if you left angry and upset with the Admin team (hehe) or just left because of outside reasons, you know you are welcome back whenever you want to, and there will be good posting and wonderful people waiting for you to come home.
Chastity Moor
Chastity Moor

Number of posts : 2008

Back to top Go down

Post by Louis Weasley1 Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:02 pm

I have been here since the 6th of June, in 2010. I started out as a novice RPer, and thanks to RPing for four years with in my opinion are some of the best RPer's in the world, I became a writer. Happy birthday PA, I remember the day I first joined, It wasn't hard to find people who would like to plot with me, or even be nice to me. I remember when I used to do one liners all the time, now most of my posts are 200-400 hundreds words per post, thanks to threading with some good roleplayers. HAPPY BIRTHDAY PA! AND MANY MORE!
Louis Weasley1
Louis Weasley1
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 490

Back to top Go down

Post by James S. Potter Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:58 pm

I've only been here a bit over a month, but it has impacted me as if I've been here for years. I can't go a day without posting, staying up till after midnight last night, just so I could get a post in....and just as Jack has, I have had dreams about my characters, even coming up with a pretty good plot in one of them. XD

I was so glad to find a roleplaying site that was active and had a history to it. Wish I would have discovered it sooner. Most of my roleplays have been strictly with Jack, but hoping to expand out and become ingrained as one of the family! Even if it takes a couple years...
James S. Potter
James S. Potter
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 361
Special Abilities : Animagus and Parseltongue

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:00 pm

I like to keep you all to myself. ;D
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 10287
Special Abilities : Occlumency
Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

https://jackles-feels-feelings.polyvore.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvyr Svan Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:51 am

I showed up and was already an amazing writer..... Then god created the heavens and earth. The end.

Happy Birthday Potters Army
Silvyr Svan
Silvyr Svan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 333
Special Abilities : Animagus, Occlumens

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top