My head is on fire, but my legs are fine
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

My head is on fire, but my legs are fine Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

My head is on fire, but my legs are fine

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My head is on fire, but my legs are fine Empty My head is on fire, but my legs are fine

Post by Dory Le Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:51 am

Franki had spent the afternoon in Hogsmeade, enjoying her can-can costume as she strolled the booths and shops, doing everything but the Haunted House. No way would she do that unless she had some hunky guy next to her, willing to catch her at any moment when she jumped into his arms out of fright. As Franki did not have any willing takers, she would just have to wait for next year's Halloween bash to get scared.

After spending more money than she should have, she hurried back to the castle to get Gisele ready for the ball, discussing everything of importance while Franki did to Gisele what she had always resented her mother for doing. Franki had always hated Astoria when she came in, doing Franki's hair and makeup for her in preparation of some big social event. But Gisele actually wanted to attend said social event, and the girls had a trust that Franki had never shared with her mother.

She had sent Gisele on her way before she got ready herself, quickly transforming her costume into her dress for the evening. She was impressed with the idea, having overheard that a few girls were using the trick to get through the evening. She quickly curled her hair, fixed her makeup, and went to go check on her 'date'. Rudy wasn't really a date, in the technical sense, since he had no interest in her... or any girl for that matter, it seemed. He did have an interest in not blowing up, however, and Franki had an interest in not looking like a dateless loser. So they were going to help each other survive the night.

She grabbed her mask and tightened the straps on her heels, before hurrying off to the ball. She had appointed a spot for Rudy to meet her just outside the entrance of the event, and she carefully took her place, keeping her mask off so he could find her more easily. She figured she'd spot him right off- she had been his consultant on everything from his clothes, to his socks, to his hairstyle after all. However, her idea of consulting pretty much meant suggestions and pleas such as "But wouldn't it be adorable if your outfit matched mine perfectly?" and "We can grow your hair back after the ball!"
Dory Le
Dory Le
Fifth Year Hufflepuff
Fifth Year Hufflepuff

Number of posts : 189

Back to top Go down

My head is on fire, but my legs are fine Empty Re: My head is on fire, but my legs are fine

Post by Rudolph Morrison Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:14 am

Backwards tie. Rudolph's nimble fingers danced across the knot that he had tied a moment prior before the mirror with which the Boys' Dorm had been supplied, deciding it more appropriate of his bashful and socially oblivious facade that he arrive at Franki's side in a less than flawless manner; a task which he believed would be considerably simple, due to the faults that had accompanied him through the years and welcomed him into the temperamental age of fifteen. For it was as he'd removed from his grease-slicked head his worn and slouching beanie that he was reminded of the poorly-dyed heap of thin, coiling strands of hair that sat in a bundled mess atop his cranium. He swept a hand through oily gold, drawing it away from his face with the ease that its heavy weight allowed, only to reveal the string of angry-red acne spots that bordered his forehead as a result of his trademark hat.

The backwards tie would likely go unseen amongst such a vast collection of flaws.

Rudolph's stomach heaved with an anxiety that did not belong to him. "Rudy", the gentle, lanky giant had reemerged. And his pull was ever so convincing - enough so to sway even Rudolph's confidence.

Nevertheless, he turned his black tie to lie, backwards across the buttons of the white dress shirt which he'd stuffed to the best of his ability beneath his purple velvet suit jacket. Even with the aid of the small, cat-eye shaped cufflinks the shirt sleeves remained much too long for his arms, however. The sleeves peeked out from beneath the cover of his jacket, only ceasing in their downward climb of his arm when it had surpassed his chemical-stained fingertips. Franki had instructed him to dress accordingly; to do his very best. He suspected she would be surprised by the result of his efforts.

For even he could not resist the pulling urge to widen his eyes at the reflection that stood awkwardly before him. Never before had he looked so like the character that he played. It was both intriguing and humiliating simultaneously.

Rudolph wanted to come out and play; to be the dapper lad that he knew himself to be.

Rudy had something entirely different in mind.

Backwards tie. No hat. Too-long shirt sleeves. Eye cufflinks. Rudolph ran through the motions when he recalled a detail of vital importance - Mask. And he turned, away from the reflective glass that had embarrassed him so to retrieve the mask that would attempt and fail to hide his identify from view; surely, any one of Hogwarts' students would have no trouble picking his nervous form from a crowd when he so radiated his unease. And his mask had quite the opposite effect; once more, he had varied from Franki's instructions and had constructed for himself a mask of his own making using various vacuum bolts and tubes. He fastened the mask around his head and at once, he smirked with satisfaction. His labors had been well worth it.

"This will do."

-

Rudy stumbled down the stairs when the hem of his right sleeve caught on the splintered wood of one of the rails, and he tripped, only catching himself when he was certain that it had appeared that the inevitable outcome of his clumsiness would be the collision of his face with the floor. He straightened, trembling visibly as he adjusted himself. "Franki? Franki?" He called across the hall in hushed tones through the leather of his mask.
Rudolph Morrison
Rudolph Morrison
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 36

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top