QuadWizard Tournament - Page 4
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

QuadWizard Tournament - Page 4 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

QuadWizard Tournament

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

QuadWizard Tournament - Page 4 Empty Re: QuadWizard Tournament

Post by Victoria McLaggen Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:15 am

Yep done
Victoria McLaggen
Victoria McLaggen

Number of posts : 59

Back to top Go down

Post by Victoria McLaggen Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:23 am

I'm going to make an exception and let fourth years do it too...
Victoria McLaggen
Victoria McLaggen

Back to top Go down

Post by Cecilie Montez Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:31 am

Oh i guess then i can apply too for it.
Cecilie Montez
Cecilie Montez
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 334

Back to top Go down

Post by Mystique McKay Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:38 am

added
Mystique McKay
Mystique McKay
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 87
Special Abilities : Telekenisis

Back to top Go down

Post by Saoirse O'Connell Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:46 am

I suppose I could be a judge, if you want me to. I only have one other character, and she's a first year, so no chance of me playing favorites there. I've had to help judge writing contests for highschool students, so I got real life experience in that aspect as well.

**I'd be judging as James Potter, lol. Sorry, though I was signed into that account.
Saoirse O'Connell
Saoirse O'Connell

Number of posts : 53
Special Abilities : Empathy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mystique McKay Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:49 am

I'll add you onto the list as a judge, but that might not be final, as we're going to ask all the admins, Aaron Marcheti (As his a wand maker, he can tell if their are any evil cores etc in it) but I'll add you to the list for now Smile
Mystique McKay
Mystique McKay
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 87
Special Abilities : Telekenisis

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophia Granger Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:52 am

I got a PM and I approve I think it's a good idea!
Sophia Granger
Sophia Granger
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 11575

Back to top Go down

Post by Victoria McLaggen Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:54 am

Yay, 2 approvals.
Victoria McLaggen
Victoria McLaggen

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:48 am

Right, I'm not giving official approval here yet or anything like that, but in theory it's an Idea I'd put my name behind.

On an IC level, as best as I can tell, I'd say that someone like yourself and whomever else is willing to work on creating the tasks should do so. If HoHs are willing to help out, that's great, but if they're not don't force anyone, else they just don't have the heart for it. If you in particular want to play a role in this (Which I suspect you do) create a temp. character who can act as the Head of Games Department for the MoM, providing an IC outlet for you to play a part in running the competition.

If characters drop out for reasons of activity, sub in other ones (as we've done in the past.) Even if it is a bit of an IC hitch, it's better to have 4 participants in each challenge, rather than have the number dwindle and drop with each event, until only one competitor is left for the final event. Maybe, if possible, have subs for each team.

Judges should be fine, they can change with each event should activity become an issue (as was the case canonically with Crouch being filled in for by Percy at the Yule ball)

As for planning, as I've said in my email, it's of the utmost importance that you have everything planned out to a T before the event starts, now is the time to start planning. In the past we've generally done the first task, waited several months while we tried to figure out the second one, in which time site interest plummets, then struggled to find the motivation ourselves to run something which no one really gives a rats about. With that comes a timeline as well, have everything planned out (task wise, the Yule Ball not so much) well in advance.

And just on a note of personal opinion, a month of waiting might be a bit long, depending on how motivated and interested everyone is (going off the oct./nov. - first task, dec./jan. - yule ball etc.) Especially considering that not everyone in the site would be involved. Perhaps shorten it to oct. being the first task, nov. being the yule ball, dec. being the second and so on. That's just a matter of logistics though, and I'm not sure that either suggestion is 100% right so it'd be up to you.

But on a side note, I'd love to see this run almost entirely by a non-admin team, as I love to see the members take things into their own hands. That's not to say we wouldn't be involved or anything, and that we wouldn't help out, but having a majority member input on an event like this is exactly the sort of thing I'd push for.

Now lemme talk to the others before I say I support it going ahead Razz
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 14221
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Seer, Flying, Legilimens

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1356010139

Back to top Go down

Post by Mystique McKay Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:54 am

Yay thank you 2 approvals, and a semi yay