QuadWizard Tournament - Page 3
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

QuadWizard Tournament - Page 3 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

QuadWizard Tournament

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

QuadWizard Tournament - Page 3 Empty Re: QuadWizard Tournament

Post by Mystique McKay Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:24 am

I really think 2-3 months for them to post in the separate task, and really get out if what they need is a generous amount of time. I know they might have exams, in OOC, in real life, and if that's the case we can extend the time, but if you're stressing about exams should you be participating in the tournament? ( I'm not being mean or anything)

I think they could receive two chances before we disqualify them, and for real reasons, and this is harsh so tell me if you don't like the idea. But maybe say a fifth year says they use wand less magic, or they astral project, and they havent applied for the skill in the magical abilities thread,mthey get 5 points taken off their total score. Yay or Nay?
Mystique McKay
Mystique McKay
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 87
Special Abilities : Telekenisis

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:34 am

I think the time will be as simple as "We opened this topic. In three weeks, it will be closed." Or it depends on the task. I don't think any task should be designed that has any other RPer but themselves. So it is all up to them. There will be another topic open for spectators.

If a character doesn't finish the task without notifying admins or the runners of the Tournament, they simply forfeit that task's points. The could still place redeem themselves.

If a character uses abilities beyond their character, they will be notified to make the change. How can we judge them when it is so reliant on a lack of realism?

I see the problem being in finding judges.

The issue, now, is the idea should be posted in PA discussion.
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 10287
Special Abilities : Occlumency
Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

https://jackles-feels-feelings.polyvore.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Mystique McKay Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:47 am

Or maybe, we can have four challenges, planned by the head of house. So a potions task, and a charms task etc. Or maybe we can just brainstorm ideas.
Or maybe a triathlon, so they have to swim in the lake, and then go through a maze and onto an island, and they'll be four parts of the island. And theirs a monster on each side, and the next clue is behind the monster, and you have to kill it to get the next clue or something?
Any ideas?
Mystique McKay
Mystique McKay
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Avis Summers Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:37 am

Iagree with the post that Jack had on the first page. We had a Triwizard tournament before, and most of our members lack the motivation to actually take part of this.
Also, Triwizard tournament needs some attention, and as much as we all know, there are members who live in different timezone. Also, most of us are still students. Some attend high school, some are in the university.

But aside from the fact that I myself am lacking of time to rp properly - I am In. At least there will be something that will bring some of the members back to "life".
Avis Summers
Avis Summers
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 287

Back to top Go down

Post by Mystique McKay Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:40 am

I agree, and it's not compulsory, you don't have to do it. I think if you do choose to do it, you need to find the time to do it, not get picked then not play. TIME MANAGEMENT is the key!
Mystique McKay
Mystique McKay
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:21 am

Like I said- if this is going to go forward, we need a list of RPers that are interested. Planning isn't important until we know what we're dealing with.
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 10287
Special Abilities : Occlumency
Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

https://jackles-feels-feelings.polyvore.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Mystique McKay Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:23 am

SO where would I post that question?
Mystique McKay
Mystique McKay
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunny Dyllan-Thomas Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:28 am

PA Discussion. Have people simply cite their interest, and tell them if they would like to discuss particulars, post here. Include the link to this topic.
Sunny Dyllan-Thomas
Sunny Dyllan-Thomas
Child

Number of posts : 199

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexander Jones Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:12 am

I'll apply for the Quadwizard tournament with Alex.
Alexander Jones
Alexander Jones
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Number of posts : 348
Special Abilities : Seer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mystique McKay Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:12 am

Ok, cool. I'll add you in a minute
Mystique McKay
Mystique McKay