Please Read - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Please Read - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Please Read

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Please Read - Page 2 Empty Re: Please Read

Post by Silvyr Svan Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:22 pm

I'm up for this. Would it be groups or one on one?

The person you're fighting being unknown would be fun because if it's a good duel and you respect the person who you just fought enough, it could be an act of respect to show yourself so they know who they fought. That is if they were worthy......
Silvyr Svan
Silvyr Svan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 333
Special Abilities : Animagus, Occlumens

Back to top Go down

Post by Bella Evans Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:38 pm

That could work too...
Bella Evans
Bella Evans
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Fourth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 96
Special Abilities : Astral Projection

Back to top Go down

Post by Demetri Gamble Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:49 pm

Loving the ideas everyone. Keep them coming.

This is what I'm thinking as for as the threads go.- I will post in a particular section that everyone who is interested will learn about via Private Messaging. I will first post the rules and guidelines that I have designed. Once I have a list of who all is interested I will post the bracket of who will duel who. After that, I will create a new posting sections for each duel.
Example: Potter Vs. Lupin- will be one thread. Granger Vs. Black- will be another. And so forth.
If one of the names is your character's, that is the thread you will click to duel you first opponent. This is so I can keep track of everyone and not confuse who is dueling who. The bracket thread will be were we can all converse within one another (In Character) and do the weird things our characters may do.

Each duelist will have three posts and an established time period that they must post within. Example: You may have one week to post your three bits. If you fail to finish your three posts within the set time period you will be automatically disqualified and your opponent will become the winner by default.

Scoring:
Each duel will also by judged on a 50 point scale by me.
30 of the points will be aimed towards your writing.
Example:
10 points: Creativity
10 points: How realistic you play. (Your characters aren't invincible, it's likely they will get his with a spell or two)
10 points: Paragraphs. 3-4 sentences. 1 point per paragraph. No more than ten points will be given.
Another 20 point will be distributed in other ways that you will later discover. (In Character stuff)
****Keep in mind these are subject to change. Nothing is set in stone just yet. Once I write up the rules, everything will be explained in great detail.

Identity:
Everyone wants to know everyone without knowing them... bit of a hard task. My solution: You can choose whether or not your character remains anonymous. I understand that some of you can't be seen toying with DE's or Order members, so I'll let you decide when you write your posts. Yes we will know who is who Out Of Character, that's kinda impossible to cover up. So if your opponent chooses to remain anonymous, In Character you must act as if you don't know who they are.

**Love the respect idea Silvyr.

Demetri Gamble
Demetri Gamble
Demetri Gamble
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 42

Back to top Go down

Post by Victoria McLaggen Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:02 pm

Oh my god, I love it, get ready for a whooping everyone!!!!
Victoria McLaggen
Victoria McLaggen

Number of posts : 59

Back to top Go down

Post by Whight Linstrum Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:28 pm

This wizard is in.
Whight Linstrum
Whight Linstrum
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 211
Special Abilities : Metamorphmagus

Back to top Go down

Post by Shay Kendall Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:33 pm

I agree with Victoria and I also like group fight idea. And if someone stays anymous, never takes his/her mask off and no one knows this person, later someone maybe recognizes him or her, because of her fighting technique, but y'know, can't be sure. It would be cool.

Shay Kendall
Shay Kendall
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Fourth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 79

Back to top Go down

Post by James S. Potter Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:24 pm

Sounds just like the kind of mad, dangerous thing James would be interested in. I'd love to hear more on it.
James S. Potter
James S. Potter
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 361
Special Abilities : Animagus and Parseltongue

Back to top Go down

Post by Cecilie Montez Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:26 pm

I guess i will take part of that dual too. It's very good idea but yeah i don't know very much about dualing. So i hope if she/he explains it I will understand that.
Cecilie Montez
Cecilie Montez
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 334

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexander Jones Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:50 pm

Alright, I see now. I like the idea for scoring, I can't wait for it to start.
Alexander Jones
Alexander Jones
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Number of posts : 348
Special Abilities : Seer

Back to top Go down

Post by Demetri Gamble Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:54 pm

Glad everyone is getting so interested. I will work on posting Rules and Guidelines for everyone later this week.

I've got some good ideas planned so tell everyone you know may want to be involved. Remember, the fights will all be anonymous should you choose to do so. Also, if you RP with more than one character, don't hesitate to enter them all in the duels. The more the merrier.

Once I post the rules and guidelines I will be PM'ing everyone who has shown interest with further instruction, so be sure to make it known you're interested in some way.

Demetri Gamble
Demetri Gamble
Demetri Gamble
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 42

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top