Please Read
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Please Read Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Please Read

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Please Read Empty Please Read

Post by Demetri Gamble Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:16 am

I have a new character here who is establishing an underground dueling organization. (a fight club of sorts)

I have a few fun ideas as to how this will all work but I need to know if anyone is interested before I invest the necessary time in framing everything. This will be will be a serious, low profile, dueling organization. We will NOT be killing one another but that's not to say you may not leave with a few scratches, broken bones or serious scars. I'm sure many of you would like to get into some heated moments of fighting but may be too afraid that your character will be killed, not here. This is for all ages. If you're a student and you think you can keep up with adult dueling, then sneak out to these events.

My intentions are to gets your characters involved in some non-deadly fight scenes. You could possibly make some new friends who will forever have you back, or you could make some enemies depending on how well you humiliate one another.

If you are interested please just leave a little post below. (Play with all the character you have if you would like) If we get enough interested I will begin staging everything and you will receive a Private Message for further instructions.

Any further questions, just ask.

Demetri Gamble.
Demetri Gamble
Demetri Gamble
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 42

Back to top Go down

Please Read Empty Re: Please Read

Post by Mystique McKay Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:24 am

Well, I have Mystique McKay, and I think this is a great idea, are DE's allowed?
I also have some students, would they be allowed, or just the graduates?

Mystique McKay
Mystique McKay
Mystique McKay
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 87
Special Abilities : Telekenisis

Back to top Go down

Post by Naomi Barker-Greyback Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:26 am

I think you should make it more fun and somehow make it anonymous. So that the people can't even identify each other. Best friends could be duelling each other and never know it, and enemies could become friends and not realize who the other was. There's several ways you could do it, but I think that would be best as it would have to be a secret club, and that would be the most effective way of doing it. And everyone would have an alias.
Naomi Barker-Greyback
Naomi Barker-Greyback

Number of posts : 392

Back to top Go down

Post by Mystique McKay Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:27 am

I definitely like Naomi's idea a lot!!!What do you think?
Mystique McKay
Mystique McKay
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Demetri Gamble Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:38 am

Yes, anyone and everyone is invited; graduates, students, whomever. Keep in mind the students may have to sneak out of school, but I think that will only add to the fun of it.

I do like the anonymous idea. That would save us from alot of unwanted drama and more people would be more inclined to get involved if they don't have to worry about their name being associated with something DE's and Order members may very well be involved with. The only problem is is that when you may need your allies, will you know who they are?

I do have plans on making it more fun. This is just the basic idea of the thing. No one will know all the details until they arrive or receive a letter, depending on how I decide to do it.

I am up for any and all ideas though, so do keep them coming. Everything will be taken into consideration.

Demetri Gamble
Demetri Gamble
Demetri Gamble
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 42

Back to top Go down

Post by Mystique McKay Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:47 am

This is just an idea, tell me if it's completely bad or whatever, but you can make a thread for guests, and only there allowed to participate, or is it possible to be a thread where were are normal selves, but when we post in the threads it say guests or something?

Mystique McKay
Mystique McKay
Mystique McKay
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Dory Le Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:56 am

@Mystique : I don't think that's possible. We would all know Out of Character who was who, which is good, but In Character, no one would know.

@Demetri : Perhaps they can have one defining thing. Maybe, when you join the group, you have a ribbon wrapped around the grip of your wand. So if you see someone out and about with that ribbon, you'd know. But during the meetings, you'd be unable to decipher identities.
Dory Le
Dory Le
Fifth Year Hufflepuff
Fifth Year Hufflepuff

Number of posts : 189

Back to top Go down

Post by Mystique McKay Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:01 am

@Franki : I love that idea, dibs a Red Ribbon Boom
Mystique McKay
Mystique McKay
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexander Jones Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:43 am

I have Louis, an auror who would probably do that just as a pass time.
And a student Alex who loves to compete. But I think both characters would take off the ribbon outside of the club, because they don't wanna be recognized.

BTW, is this like a normal underground dueling club? Do you get payed any amount of money if you win? And how do you determine who wins or not? Because both player will want to win.
Alexander Jones
Alexander Jones
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Number of posts : 348
Special Abilities : Seer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mystique McKay Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:49 am

Maybe we could do rules like how we play quidditch here maybe, like you have to reply within 12/24 hours, or you lose, something like that?
Mystique McKay
Mystique McKay
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top