Charms Class 2 - Page 4
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Charms Class 2 - Page 4 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Charms Class 2

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Charms Class 2 - Page 4 Empty Re: Charms Class 2

Post by Ellie Burgess Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:54 pm

Originally sitting down Ellie hopped to her feet, book in her arms. Her face reflected her shock and awe. She didnt realize people knew her. Moving to the other side of the circle, she dared to get as close as she could to the edge. Her book was clutched tightly to her chest. Normally she tried to stay away from people, hoping no one would notice her. Obviously she had been wrong, apparently her silent person has been noticed.

But what got her was how he had known her name. She never was the socialing type. She was normally the person who sat alone in most places unless it was an event that included a bunch of people. Eyes wide, Ellie couldnt find it in herself to set down her book. It was the only thing that felt safe. Looking down she spoted the list again, it gave her a sense of reassurance, but not courage.

Not feeling up to look at Gian, she had guessed his name in her head, and not wanting to really talk back she asked, "Should we wait for our last partner, or should we get on with the lesson?" The last part faded out as she lost her courage to speak.
Ellie Burgess
Ellie Burgess
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Number of posts : 52

Back to top Go down

Post by Saoirse O'Connell Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:51 pm

((I know my name isn't in any of the circle groups, but I pm'd Milo, and he put me in Cliff Jordan's group.))

Saoirse had been sitting quietly in her assigned circle, quite relieved that no one had yet showed up that was sharing a circle with her. She had watched silently as a Slytherin girl changed the board, but she had no objections, as she did not know any of the names on the board and besides, the professor would be the one to deal with her. The name d'Eath seemed vaguely familiar to her, however living away from society with a mother who had little to do with others made Saoirse quite ignorant of many important events which happened in the wizarding world.

The bell then rang, and Saoirse quite suddenly found herself in the company of the young man who had tried to stop the chalk-board-changing Slytherin girl, dropping into the center of the circle. Noting the change on the board, Saoirse flushed, becoming impossibly more quiet than she had been before.

"Just what kind of teacher is this?" she wondered to herself, eyeing her circle-mate most apprehensively. He seemed to be quite out-going, precisely the kind of person who made her nervous. They type who never failed to try and engage her in uncomfortable conversation.

Before she could fret too much, the professor entered the room in his unorthodox way, catching a ride from a flying student to the front of the room. Saoirse contemplated the list of charms within her circle. She was unsure as to how to cast any of them, so she reached into her bag for her book on charms. As she flipped through the pages, she considered which she should use. The boy hardly seemed to need anymore cheering, and making him bigger would only serve to make herself more nervous about him. That left hovering charms and color-changing charms. Perhaps she would try the one which looked easiest....

Never willing to be the one to have the first word, Saoirse busied herself with her textbook, wondering how long before she was expected to enter into conversation within her circle.
Saoirse O'Connell
Saoirse O'Connell

Number of posts : 53
Special Abilities : Empathy

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Cosmo Barbary Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:09 am

Cliff looked at the girl he was supposed to try his spells out on, realizing he had been paired with one of the youngest. "Not faaaaair," he whined. "She's going to end up turning me pink or something- wait, what am I saying?" He wheeled around and faced the girl. "Turn me pink, girl! I will be so cool!"

The professor had not noticed, which was probably a good thing, because most people had reason to believe that Cliff was, well, weird. He didn't want the word getting out too far.

Too late.
Cosmo Barbary
Cosmo Barbary
Slytherin Prefect
Slytherin Prefect

Number of posts : 243

Back to top Go down

Post by Saoirse O'Connell Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:31 pm

"Like, eh, are ye a gimp, or ye jez shapin'?" Saoirse asked uncertainly, quite taken aback by the boy's manner, that she temporarily reverted back to her thick Cockney accent. She recovered quickly however, adding, "It'd be a tough feat to turn you completely pink, like...however, I can give it a try."

Saoirse raised her wand, taking careful aim.

"Novo Color!" she said in a somewhat stronger voice, her eyebrows screwed in concentration as she visualized a garish shade of pink, the same shade you would see on one of those pink flamingo lawn ornaments.

((I'll let you decide what happens to Cliff's Appearance. Wink ))
Saoirse O'Connell
Saoirse O'Connell

Back to top Go down

Post by Cosmo Barbary Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:00 pm

"Uh..." The girl sure had a thick accent for such a small girl. Cliff blinked a few times- he had never been the most discerning as it was, and to throw wit at him with an accent was enough to confuse him. "The second one?"

She spoke again, this time more clearly, and he smiled, his ears poking out comedically as he was relieved to find that he would not be embarrassing himself too much. "G for it, I believe in you!" he responded enthusiastically, throwing his arms out and presenting himself in full to her. He closed his eyes.

She cast the spell and he felt a pleasant tingle. He opened his eyes and looked down. All of his exposed skin was pink. "Wicked!" He tugged at his shirt and looked down, disappointed to see the spell had stretched only a little farther than what was exposed, but the color faded to his usual dark tone. He looked up. "Super wicked, kid! Look, Professo- I mean, Milo! Look at me!" He wheeled back around to the girl. "All right, what do you want me to do to you?"
Cosmo Barbary
Cosmo Barbary
Slytherin Prefect
Slytherin Prefect

Number of posts : 243

Back to top Go down

Post by Milo Dorsey D'eath Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:44 am

Milo was exhausted and the class was very loud. "Alright, alright!" He stared at their innocent little faces- yeah right, they were devils and he knew it to be true. "I have a killer headache and you guys have whine-y little voice that hurt like hell." He turned and wrote the three options for homework on the board. "Have the homework done by the start of next lesson. You all can leave early for lunch. Class dismissed.

Yes, I know the class did not go as well as I could have hoped. It's much too hard without guaranteed attendance. Maybe I'll have a normal class next time. We'll see.

Homework is one of three things:

A) At least 300 words on what you learned in the class.
B) The name of your crush - no NPCs, that's not fun! (C'mon guys, Milo wants to play matchmaker)
C) Ten reasons you love your professor. Sarcasm will lose you points.

Please finish the homework in this thread by the end of Class Three.

Gryffindor 13
Hufflepuff 3
Slytherin 12
Ravenclaw 9

STUDENT SPOTLIGHT

Charms Class 2 - Page 4 001d
DESTREY ASHCROFT

Risky move, but I was hoping for such a development in the thread. You can either elect to win your house twenty points or have a private, free lunch with your teacher to the restaurant of your choice. PM me your decision. Good job Destrey, and best of luck for next lesson everyone else!

Please post homework here.
Milo Dorsey D'eath

Number of posts : 177

Back to top Go down

Post by Saoirse O'Connell Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:13 am

Saoirse approached the professor's desk, shyly avoiding his eyes. She held out a tightly rolled scroll, and quietly said, "I chose to do the 300 word essay on what I learned this lesson."

When I arrive in Charms for my first lesson, I was expecting to learn quite a lot, and I was not disappointed. Class was very engaging, and there were opportunities to learn many different things. The first thing I learned, was how advanced charms could be. I discovered that it is possible to contain someone in a fixed area, and it is also possible to force others into flying to an assigned spot. I had always been told that charms was a soft and useless class, however I have now learned that you can do so much with charms, and the spells can be very powerful.

I only managed to complete one spell during the course of the class, however I plan to practice all the other spells listed until I can cast them without error. The spell I managed to cast was 'Novo Color.' I cast the spell on the student named Cliff Jordan, managing to turn all his exposed skin pink. The spell had turned out to be much more powerful than I had anticipated, and I was quite proud of myself for what I had achieved. I had expected for Mr. Jordan's skin to only be tinged pink, or perhaps only his eyebrows or outer-most extremities would be affected, which leads me to something else I have learned: I have a bit more talent than I give myself credit for. It is surprisingly nice to excel at something.

Lastly, while I did not learn how to perform any other spells, I did watch a few others and saw the effects of those spells. I witnessed a Ravenclaw boy cast a cheering charm, however I didn't notice any effect if there was one. I noticed how to do the wand movement and the inflection of the words for an incantation. I saw another girl turn a Gryffindor's clothing into Slytherin colors, so I learned that the color changing charm can be used on pretty much anything.

In summary, though I learned a great deal today, I still have much more to learn and practice. I will have to push myself hard to keep up, and put my best foot forward in dealing with charms.

((Kinda wordy for an 11-year-old...and off-topic, but really only two spells were used in the whole class. XD Hope it suffices.))
Saoirse O'Connell
Saoirse O'Connell

Back to top Go down

Post by Bella Evans Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:13 am

(I haven't posted in the class because of lack of time, but I still do the homework)

She walked up to Professor D'eath and siad, "I chose to do option B, name my crush" she handed him up a piece of paper with the following.

The name of my crush, is also the name of my boyfriend Caiden Elliot Aritza.
I not only like him because of his personality, but the way he treats me. The way he listens to me, makes me feel special, like I'm a princess, I don't know how to explain. When I'm with him, time travel exist, I feel like the world freezes, and his listening to my every word. His the first thing I think of in the morning, and the last at night. He completes me, in all areas possible.

His love is when you can be with someone, and they are truly everything you see. I can look into his eyes and see my whole world. He is all I want, and all I need, all in one. He is someone I can trust with everything, someone that loves me for me.

When you can't picture yourself ever being without your special someone, that's love. My heart aches for him, even when I'm with him, I yearn for him, even when his there standing next to me.

His my one and my only, my yin to my yang, his name is Caiden better known as my boyfriend

"I hope you like it"
Bella Evans
Bella Evans
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Fourth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 96
Special Abilities : Astral Projection

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top