Cold as Stone
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Cold as Stone Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Cold as Stone

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Cold as Stone Empty Cold as Stone

Post by Whight Linstrum Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:01 am

https://www.pottersarmy.net/t13023-i-want-to-trust-you-i-really-do

Whight knew if he was going to make the Friday's deadline he would have to leave almost immediately; he wasted no time. His work was typically sprung upon him with little notice, but to Whight this was all part of the thrill in doing his work. Every job was a test to him and his only judge would be himself. He tried to challenge himself and make his killings as different as possible so nothing could ever be lead to him. Of course his work would get done one way or another, but meeting his own standards was the hardest part. Lying, cheating, stealing and all the typical "unmoral" issues were all simple tools for his line of work. He was a killing conman the very everyone could see coming but no one would ever see again.
Whight pulled the letter from his coat and began thoroughly reading. Aaron's information and identification style was the best that had ever been received. A straight list of pure information was all the letter read. There were no daunting unnecessary background stories or mindless information that would never help his line of work, only facts. There was a bit more to the letter than Whight had expected. Instead of only having one target, Aaron had assigned him two. No names, just a picture of each individual followed by their information. Judging by their similar ages and shared address, Whight realized the two were undoubtedly an old married couple who lived in Sweden. After reading the letter several time, Whight finally settled on piece of information that would allow him to work the best angle. The fact that they were both parents of "One Child- Male" basically gave Whight a key to their house.
After packing almost all the supplies needed for his work, Whight stood in front of his mirror shifting his features once more. He knew for his plan to work he had to gain instant trust and those of the younger years were often less trusted than that of an old man and his cane. An older look was not something Whight typically went for but it was not long before he found his new face. With a few of the professor's old robs, a worn out pointed hat, and a cane to lean on he was convinced he looked like an old well-traveled wizard.
Before leaving to Sweden there was one more stop he needed to make. A small shop in Knockturn Alley sold the perfect creature Whight could use in his endeavor. The shopkeeper was a eerie as the the things sold in the shop, but Whight wouldn't let any of the bother him, he was now acting as an old retired wizard who had seen a thing or two in his day. "How much for all of them?" Whight asked in a rough voice.
"All of them?" replied the man as if he were taken aback. Whight said nothing while he remained staring into the shopkeepers eyes. "Well..." he began finally, "You can have the lot of them for 50 Galleon. No one has bought one in years. Dangerous little fellas they are. What do you plan to do with them?"
"That I believe is none of your business. And you have a deal. The female needs to remain separate from the others mind you. I'll be waiting at the counter."
Whight placed the creatures in his pack and left the shop without another word.

It took Whight almost a full day to locate the residence of the target. Gimping around with a cane slowed him far greater than he originally thought, but the fine details were the most important. He made his way to the porch of the house, did a mental check of all the things he would need once he was inside. Convinced he was ready, he approached the door.
A man matching Whight's photograph answered shortly after a light knock. The man had a confused looked upon his face and asked, "Can I help you?"
Whight let out a small cough for theatrics and said, "I bring news about your son. There... there's been an incident."
The man called for his wife and then looked back to Whight. With a pale shocked face the man ask, "What do you mean an incident? Is he hurt? Is he alright?"
Working to sound like a good character Whight said, "I tried my hardest to save his life but there was nothing more I could do. I'm a doctor you see and your son was the first to ever die under my care. I felt I had to deliver the new in person to express my condolences."
By this time the man's wife, the second target, had entered Whight's line of sight. He was now positive he was at the right place. "Go put on some tea darling, I think it's best we sit down for this. Please sir, come in." Whight could see the man making an attempt to stay strong by fighting back his tears and keeping composure. He followed his hosts into the house as they made their way to the dining room table. The woman headed to the kitchen while the man gestured to a seat at the table, " Please, have a seat. you look as if you walked all the way here."
Whight remained quiet and hobbled over to the chair. Once seated he wrestled inside his rob sleeves to grab his wand. "We should wait for your wife," he said. The man agreed and set quietly.
"The tea will be ready in a moment, just letting the water heat. Now, to who do we owe the pleasure?" she said.
Whight made an attempt to look as morbid as possible. "My name is Malcro Whensley. Your son, i regret to say, is no longer with us." He paused for dramatic effect. "Like i was telling your husband, there has been an incident." tears immediately streamed from the woman's face as she didn't know what to think. Whight continued, "I'm a doctor and two days ago your son was brought to me in the worst of conditions. All I can say for sure is there was an attack in Diagon Alley and your son was one of the innocent by-standards. He was hit with a curse of the likes I have never seen. By the time he made it to the hospital, little could be done." Whight worked to choke up some tears as if he really care for the patient that "died" on his watch. Though the couple probably barely noticed considering they too looked dead themselves. Crying statues was how Whight mentally described them.
The tea kettle broke the silence. The whistle blew for almost a minute before the woman shook from her distant stair toward an invisible abyss. As soon as her back was turned Whight pulled his wand from beneath his rob. Terror entered the man's eyes but before he could voice for help the imperius curse was placed upon him with but a whisper. The same fate quickly befell the man's wife as she reentered the room kettle and teacups in hand. Whight made the woman pour them all a cup of tea and sit beside her husband.
Whight though of several things he could do and he knew it was getting time to finish his job. He had to say this was one of his more pleasant assignments. A cup of tea from one's victim had never been in Whight's cards before. He pulled the two jars from his belongings and placed them on the table. A lonely female spider crawled in a separate jar away from the other ten male spiders. Whight took the jar of the female and shook it to agitate it. He remove the lid and with his wand took the spider out and made it drift through the air toward the old couple. Then he took the lid of the ten remaining spiders and dumped them on to the table. They quickly went toward the scent of the female. Within seconds the spiders were frantically looking for the female clawing and biting anything in their paths.
Whight watched as the husband and wife were bitten several times. He knew with that amount of venom would kill anyone, even if it didn't they would never wake in time to stop their own burial. The creatures were know as the Medusa Spider and when bitten by one the nervous system is shut down almost entirely, many would think the victim was dead, but with a lethal dose the entire nervous system shut down completely and permanently.
Whight rose from the table after his work was complete. He placed the empty jar back in his pack and walked to the kitchen. There he washed his teacup, dried it and placed it back where it belonged as if the couple never had a guest. He retraced his own steps and nothing more making it look like he was never there. Minutes later he stood at the front door. With his wand he locked the door as to further the impression that only the old married couple were there.
With a '[i]pop' he was gone.

https://www.pottersarmy.net/t14790-it-is-done
Whight Linstrum
Whight Linstrum
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 211
Special Abilities : Metamorphmagus

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top