Sing your heart out
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Sing your heart out Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Sing your heart out

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sing your heart out Empty Sing your heart out

Post by Malmuira "Moira" Crawford Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:10 pm

The sun shined bright on the grounds today and usually she would be there to enjoy it. The sound of footsteps echoed in the corridor of the fifth floor of Hogwarts as the fourteen year old Sapphire Ivanova ran up to the music classroom. Even though it was sunny outside the girl found herself inside the practically empty castle wanting to go to the music classroom. If there was one thing that the Hufflepuff girl liked more than bring outside in the sun, it was music.

Sapphire couldn't live without it. Which was why she was always singing, or humming, or doing something that had to do with that. She giggled softly as she reached the door that led to the room, out of breath. It was weird how long it had taken her get there, but she was there now so she didn't really care. Slowly the girl opened the door and poked her head inside to see if anyone was there.

It seemed to be empty so she went in. Sighing happily, Sapphire looked around the room at everything that was inside. She tried to decide what she was going to play. There were so many things she could play, but that made it had to choose. Tapping her finger on her lips lightly, the fourteen year old finally decided that she would play the piano for a little bit. It was what she was best at, not including her singing abilities. She sat herself down in the west and stared at the keys for a long moment

Finally she placed her hands on top of the keys and she took a deep breath. There was a melody in her head that she wanted to get down. So she closed her eyes and hummed it once to make sure she remembered it, before she began to play the tune on the piano. As she listened to it, her mind began to wander off into itself and she began to think of lyrics to go along with the melody. She played the same notes over and over again, sometimes adding a few new chords that made it sound better. Soon the room was filled with her melody and the lyrics she began to make up off the top of her head. Every now and then, Sapphire would stop and write the lyrics down in a little notebook she always kept with her in case she got new inspiration.
Malmuira
Malmuira "Moira" Crawford
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Number of posts : 388

Back to top Go down

Sing your heart out Empty Re: Sing your heart out

Post by Alexander Greengrass Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:22 pm

Kayla had dug out all of her musical instruments and stuffed them in her bag that looked like it could barely hold a note book and took off towards the music room. She didn’t walk and she didn’t jog but she did sprint towards the Fifth floor in the near empty school. Since it was such a nice day out she didn’t have to worry about running into people, so she didn’t have to worry about falling and breaking her instruments in her bag. Her long blonde hair swayed back and forth as she ran laughing and singing the whole way.
When she got to the room she barreled through the door into the room she thought would be empty only to see another girl was already there. She skidded to an abrupt stop in the middle of the room, “Uh, Hello,” she said looking around, “Do you mind if I play in here?” she asked pushing her hair out of her face by running her finger though it. “Oh you paly too? I love music, it’s so pretty.” She smiled warmly at the girl with the bright red hair and started to dig her triangles, guitar, bongos, snare drum, flute, and many other instruments out of her bag. “Oh I know I have finger cymbals in here somewhere.” She said sticking her entire arm in the bag and then her head fallowed.
The sixteen year old hufflepuff’s outfit was entirely yellow. Her shorts were bright golden color and her shirt was just a shade or two lighter reading ‘dream it wish it do it’ in curly black text. Her jewelry consisted of wings love and Bruno Mars. Even her nails were full of house sprit. She had had them done in black and gold Hufflepuff designs. It was all just fun and play full. It wasn’t just totally Hufflepuff-y but it was totally Kayla.

yet another outfit
Alexander Greengrass
Alexander Greengrass
Fifth Year Slytherin
Fifth Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 779

Back to top Go down

Post by Malmuira "Moira" Crawford Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:29 am

When the door flew open, Sapphire immediately stopped playing and her hands fell from the piano keys. She stared wide eyed at the older girl as she ran into the room and stopped in the middle of it. Her body stiffened a bit as she turned her attention to her. "Hello." she said in a small voice that really didn't match her. Usually she would be all happy and giddy even if she was caught by surprise. But today she was so calm that being caught like that made her all nervous and confused. "I - I don't mind it. Feel free." she told the older girl who seemed very familiar.

She nodded as the girl asked if she also played music. "Yes, I do." she said. "Music is pretty much my life." Sapphire responded happily. Music was like her sanctuary, she was always in a good mood when she listened to music, it made her so happy and she just loved it. It wasn't pretty much her life, it was her life. She sighed happily, her body relaxing. Now she was the Sapphire everyone knew.

She watched the girl as she dug out many instruments from her bag. It didn't even amaze her that she could do that with a bag that looked like it couldn't fit much inside. Sudden curiousity took her over and she smiled st the girl. "Ive seen you." she said suddenly. "You're a Hufflepuff too right?!" she said excitedly. "But I don't know your name. What is it?" she asked. "I'm Sapphire. Sapphire Ivanova." she smiled at the girl.
Malmuira
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexander Greengrass Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:46 am

“Yeah I am,” Kayla said and held her hand out to the girl, “I’m Kayla, Kayla Brians, a sixth year.” She smiled warmly at the girl before turning her attention back to her instruments. “Hmm which to play first?” She asked herself reaching for the flute and then the snare drum. “Oh no not those, maybe the guitar.” She shook her head then looked back up a Sapphire, “what would you like to hear?” she asked, “I’m only almost perfect at the flute but I play other things pretty well too, even the piano and these things called hand bells. But I don’t own any bells.”
Kayla looked around the room. It was pretty space-ish and there were a lot of instruments. “I’ve always wanted to learn to play the violin and play with Beethoven.” She mumbled to herself pursuing her lips. “Wouldn’t that be awesome, too play with like the most famous composer and piano player in the world in front of millions of people! Too bad he’s dead…” Kayla pouted for a minute then ran around the room. She was to hyper today, and that didn’t help with the way she got so distracted. Why did she have to be so easily distracted?
Alexander Greengrass
Alexander Greengrass
Fifth Year Slytherin
Fifth Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Malmuira "Moira" Crawford Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:23 pm

Sapphire made a funny face as Kayla introduced herself and she crossed her eyes. "Kay - la." she said in a weird voice. "Kay - la. Kay -la." she repeated. It was just like Sapphire to make fun of a name, but she meant well. She wasn't trying to be mean, she was just having fun. She was only fourteen and her mind was more of that of a five year old than of a fourteen year old. Still it was what made her fun, and most people liked that about her. Especially Sabe, she had apparently opened up something new to him when they'd met at the astronomy tower.

"It doesn't matter to me." she smiled at Kayla. "I was here to practice my music." she said softly. "Oh! Why don't you posy the piano?" Sapphire smiled brightly. She tapped one of the piano keys several times as she looked at Kayla. "I really like piano. And singing." she turned to face the piano again and she played a small tune that was usually played in horror movies. She giggled at she played the scary notes and sighed when she stopped. "I like playing that. Though it helps if someone comes into the room randomly when I play it." she glanced at the door. "It happens more often than you'd think." she pointed out softly.

Save soon came back into her head and she pouted slightly. "Hey do you know a Ravenclaw by the name of Sabriel Gardinier?" Sapphire asked her curiously. Though Sabe usually kept to himself, she knew that some people knew him and that they interacted with him also. So maybe ... just maybe she knew him. Or she at least k es something about him, like where he was. Sapphire just really missed her timid Ravenclaw friend.
Malmuira
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexander Greengrass Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:44 am

Kayla rolled her eyes at the younger girl and giggled, “The Piano is wonderful. Singing is good too. Though I don’t play the through to well.” Kayla smiled at the girl again and picked up the bongos and started beating on them with her hands in a rhythmic pattern. “All you need is a beat, but that’s just the start.” She sang and picked up her flute putting it together as quickly as possible. She then started to play the flute while beat boxing suckishly in the same rhythmic pattern she had been playing on the bongos. Her eyes sparkled as she did so. Setting the flute down, she placed her hands on the piano next to Sapphire and played to the beat of her tapping foot. “Then comes all the rest,” She whispered.
“What’s your favorite genre of music?” She asked looking at Sapphire. “Mine, I don’t really have one. They are all the same when it comes to being wonderful!” She moved away from the piano and picked up the guitar so that she could dance and play at the same time. “Gosh this is so much fun!” she squealed.
Alexander Greengrass
Alexander Greengrass
Fifth Year Slytherin
Fifth Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top