Hoping You Are Well,
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Hoping You Are Well,  Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Hoping You Are Well,

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hoping You Are Well,  Empty Hoping You Are Well,

Post by Mira Anderson Sun May 06, 2012 4:30 pm

Dearest Athena,

You'll never believe what just happened. I was sitting in the Great Hall, drinking my morning pumpkin juice when the little Wheelbarrow girl came up to me and told me that she was sorry that my best friend got sent away. This news was, of course, quite startling so I asked her to elaborate. Apparently you were sent to Azkaban for murdering someone or something. I could barely believe this because even though you had been missing for a few days I figured you had been living in the boys dorm and excessively shagging Kendall or something. But, alas, the full page picture of your face across the prophet (which by the way was a very nice picture of you, love) made it pretty clear that in fact you were guilty. Not just guilty but caught.

I must admit that hearing from some random fifth year about your... situation... was a bit insulting. I mean, how long would it really have taken you to write me a letter or stop me in the hallway and just have been like "Oh hey, I murdered my mother so I might or might not be headed off the prison for the rest of my life. Just thought you should know." Just common courtesy that is. But on the other side I see why you probably wouldn't want the whole world knowing about it. The whole getting arrested thing is rather embarrassing. But if anything can murder with style it would be you.

I'm hoping to hear back from you soon, darling. I know for a fact there's nothing exciting you can be doing there all locked up. Unless of course you have a rather handsome cellmate. But the food must be terrible, and the fashion even worse. No offense intended but I'm glad I'm not you right now, I don't know what I would do without caviar and four inch heels. (Just kidding, even back at school all I eat is muffins and rice pudding. Not exactly five star around here). So yes, write me back immediately and tell me all about it. The prison I mean.. Not the murder. I'll visit you as soon as we get a break in studying and I'll keep you informed on any exciting developments in school. Romantic or otherwise.

Hoping You Are Well,
    Mira.

Mira Anderson

Number of posts : 539

Back to top Go down

Hoping You Are Well,  Empty Re: Hoping You Are Well,

Post by Athena Marianne Goyle Sun May 06, 2012 5:47 pm

Mira,

It didn’t seem pressing to tell you, oddly enough. I actually had other things on my mind. I suppose it was just put on the back burner for a while, though it was quite swift; impressive really, for the Ministry. I didn’t actually expect to receive a letter, from anybody really. I suppose that’s a side-effect of being an orphan with an absentee extended-family. It’s difficult. The people here like letters, though. The ever-observing guards feel it’s somewhat ‘therapeutic’. I prefer the term ‘cruel’ or ‘sadistic’; take your pick. They dangle the real world in front of us; hold the “ha-ha-ha-ha.” One of the guards is looking over my shoulder as I pen this to you. He’s incredibly ugly. A large hooked nose and awful crooked teeth. He smells disgusting too. Oh good, he’s gone. I suppose he’s offended now. What a shame.

Azkaban is large and dark and dank and horrible. What else do you want to know? I really don’t want to think about it anymore than necessary. Bad enough I live here. Do come and visit sometime, won’t you? I’m bored to tears, though I don’t know whether I earn those privileges. Who knows? I don’t actually have a cell mate. I get one all to myself - lucky me. My would-be cell mate died, helpfully. I took the blankets from the other bed so I am quite warm during the nights. The only regrettable thing is that the bed is both cold, damp and just...disgusting. Not to mention the sheets, they’re terribly scratchy. Then again, I suppose there is nothing that is to be done. It is punishment after all.

I would kill for some strawberries. Then again, ‘kill’ is probably a bit distasteful considering...but still. I wouldn’t even want to eat them. The colour would be relieving enough. Oh well.

Write back. Fill my time. I’ll die of boredom before the Dementors get me.

Enjoy school,

Athena.
Athena Marianne Goyle
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 338
Special Abilities : Occlumency, Leglimency

Back to top Go down

Post by Mira Anderson Sun May 06, 2012 8:36 pm

Athena,

As I've been searching for things to tell you I've realized just how little actually goes on at this bloody school. As it's almost the end of the year we have been given amounts of homework that I really don't think are necessary. Mum is not pleased that my grades have started to drop (yes, maybe choosing not to do my homework for a few months was a bad idea). But what can I say? I have a month left before I'm done with school forever and I really don't think filling out charts on the life-cycle of the flutterby bush is the best way to spend my time. It would be much more suitable to.. I don't even know. See? With you gone even I'm becoming painfully boring.

I'm not sure how much you can see from your cell but the weather is getting better. Quite a bit of rain. That's a bit disappointing only because it's so warm and we all want to spend free periods out on the lawns. I've even seen the first groups of students starting to swim in the lake. I have to say.. a few of them still need some work before swimsuit season. A couple days I've thought about jumping in myself but it's just not as fun. Remember that one time last winter that we went in completely naked? We practically froze and scared quite a few people but it was still amazing. If you're allowed I'll send you some pictures of the place. To put on your wall so you can perk up the cell, which sounds dreadful. At least you've got the extra blankets.

When they let you out come strait to me. We can make you the biggest feast you've ever seen and you can sleep in a real bed. You have any idea when you're supposed to be freed? I bet you're counting down the days. So am I. I'll have to come and see you sometime soon to give you some company. Has anyone else been down to visit? Kendall or Cilla?

Keep you head up,
      Mira

Mira Anderson

Back to top Go down

Post by Athena Marianne Goyle Mon May 07, 2012 11:45 am

May 2025

Mira,

I feel as if you’re somewhat mocking me with your tales of the outside world. Immense boredom within the walls of an institute of education is much more palatable than immense boredom meandering on the border of insanity. Send the homework to me, if you like. I won’t do it, mind you, but I suppose it’d be interesting to see the guards deliberate over whether it is safe or not. Parchment is a potential weapon, you know. It’s a surprise they didn’t think twice about allowing me a quill and a piece of parchment to write this to you; after all, quills are far more dangerous than parchment will ever be. C’est la vie, I suppose. They keep a well-trained eye on me. It’d be funny, really, if it weren’t so trying on the nerves. I’m impatient with them, impatient with this whole place. They seemed to like this ‘rehabilitation’ they spoke of. I see no potential in it. Those here have souls as black as night. I doubt this process will aid them any.

It is always raining here, Mira. For goodness sake, it’s Azkaban! We’re in the middle of the bloody North Sea -- it’s always raining. Sweet Merlin, woman. Read about this place sometime, won’t you? Go to the Library, find a book and read. Forgive me, I should not be so harsh. It is difficult, I’m sure, being a teenager in a position such as yours. Of course, your only concern is whether it rains or not, isn’t it? It would not make any difference whether the weather beyond these walls changed and cleared or not. It is perpetually soggy here. The sewers run through the cells, wind through the jutting cobbles. My cell was clearly not constructed properly, or put back together after a botched attempt to dig out by a past inmate. I keep on cutting my leg on a particularly sharp bit of stone. Those in the infirmary are impatient with me now. They are sick of the constant infection - and believe you and me, so am I. Still, the potions they are giving me are clearing up much of what ails me. I suppose I will be ready to leave on a full bill of health within months - providing my weight increases or something of the like. I don’t know where they think they are but this is not a hospital. It’s a prison. They forgot, evidently.

Be glad I disposed of that letter before they read it. Privacy prevails, does it not? I do not believe they intercept them. Intermittently, I suppose, but not mine. My age still protects my right to privacy, it seems, even when I am in prison. How...ironic. In future, do attach some sort of hex to your letters please. I do not know when I am to be released, Mira, but it is not soon, I assure you. Years, they promised, years and years. Aren’t I a lucky girl? Mark my words; I will not wait for the legal system to let me out. I understand this place. Merlin knows it is not overcomplicated. What little I have seen of the world beyond since my arrival has shown to provide an obstacle if I do breech the world beyond. We were told the month today. May. It’s been a month already. Exciting, no? I do not wish to come directly to you, Mira, for that would be too dangerous. Are you on...pleasing terms with Elijah? He owns a home in Scotland, no? Perhaps there would be an ideal place to hide?

I suggest you go to EK with this. It will help.

Athena.

[OOC: The last paragraph is mostly comprised of a mixture of runic lettering and written Parseltongue, difficult for the Ministry and Mira to decode.]
Athena Marianne Goyle
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 338
Special Abilities : Occlumency, Leglimency

Back to top Go down

Post by Mira Anderson Tue May 08, 2012 1:40 am

Dearest Athena,

Pardon my indelicacy. I don't mean to offend. It will just take a little getting used to.. this. I'm sorry about all of the rain. It seems a little insensitive to put prison in the middle of a hail storm. Almost like they're rubbing it in. But I wouldn't think they would be smart enough for that. Parchment as a weapon? I would like to see that. I'm sorry if my letters have given them cause to worry. That wasn't my intent in the slightest. I hope you are still eating and no one has joined you in your cell (loosing your extra blankets would be the very definition of awful.) As for the idea of actually picking up a book.. I'm shocked at your boldness. The very idea offends me. I refuse. Let me know if anything new or exciting occurs. I'll keep an eye out for anything exciting about school.

All of my love,
    Mira.

magically concealed
      P.S. What I wrote wasn't too troublesome was it? I thought it sounded within the boundaries of the law. But I have been known to misjudge things from time to time. But I must say, if you're ever allowed into functioning society again, you would be an excellent addition to the ministry. Your code creating skills presented an unparalleled challenge. It left me with several sleepless nights. But to answer your question - I don't really know. I've been searching for him the last couple of days but I haven't seen him yet. I have a couple questions I've been meaning to ask. As soon as I get in touch with him I'll ask about your.. housing situation. We can trust him. Right?

Mira Anderson

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top