BERNARD, Sasha Melinda - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

BERNARD, Sasha Melinda - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

BERNARD, Sasha Melinda

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

BERNARD, Sasha Melinda - Page 2 Empty Re: BERNARD, Sasha Melinda

Post by Jess Potter Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:23 am

P.S. I'm willing to talk about it with you, but Jess/me does not want to give Charms up, FYI. We also are in quite desperate need of a transfig prof, so that could be the best course for you Smile
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 14221
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Seer, Flying, Legilimens

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1356010139

Back to top Go down

Post by Elijah Krum Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:30 am

Personally, for plotting sake, I think it would be much more interesting for a Hufflepuff to be in the Slytherin HOH position. I'm begrudgingly seeing a bit of Slytherin here. My only issue is that she's very grey in that respect. Say, you've got different hues, different strengths of Slytherin. She's a very weak hue - less orange and more water, so to speak. She just hasn't got that bite. In fact, what I see is quite a rounded, more human character bizarrely enough, one that doesn't lean towards any of the houses really. The reason why I think she belongs in Hufflepuff is because Hufflepuff is a place where they aren't dominated by a particular set of traits - they're hardworking and loyal, sure, but that's something everyone is capable of. Either way, she isn't going to get respect from the Slytherin students but I suppose in the end it doesn't really matter what her ex-house was considering she is after all a graduate. I would, however, side with Hufflepuff more than anything else.
Elijah Krum
Elijah Krum
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 4833
Special Abilities : Occlumens, Parseltongue, Animagus
Occupation : Owner of Eli's Fine Dining, Artist, Deputy Minister of Magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:32 pm

Lol Jessica. When since has 3 to 1 been a stalemate xD

But I'll give my opinion anyways.

I've always played Slytherins, and to be quite honest, she doesn't really belong in Slytherin. Perhaps a little bit, but she's leaning more towards Hufflepuff. The thing is, muggle borns just don't belong in Slytherin (Slytherin's are almost exclusively purebloods or halfbloods who wish they were.) Maybe one in a thousand students are muggle born, and those students have very slytherin-y traits or want to pureblood and have great respect for pureblood traditions. Sasha doesn't, so I doubt the sorting hat would sort her in Slytherin.

However, it was stated in the series that the sorting hat allows you to go into any house that you really want to be in. And you did say in the application that she chose to be in Slytherin, which could work. But you didn't give a reason for her choice. The fact that she is proud of her muggleborn status, is inherently good, shows few slytherin traits and joined the order of the phoenix later all don't fit in with her choice to be in Slytherin. Still, as I said, I would like to know her reason for wanting to be in Slytherin.

Oh, and she can still be the head of slytherin if she's a hufflepuff. I wouldn't usually allow that, but as Eli said, there are many easy, and interesting, ways we could make it work.
Darren
Darren

Number of posts : 22273
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Leglimens,

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:46 pm

I am stepping in here.

We need to be done with this. The admins have largely spoken through majority rule. The majority see her as an ex-Hufflepuff. So, thats what needs to happen in order for the app to make sense as its written, as far as I'm concerned, without a lot of rewriting for Sasha.

Eli is right that it opens far more possibilities for rp w/ her with more conflict than perhaps some folks are seeing now.

I will grant Sasha head of slytherin house, since that does seem to be one of the end games on this app. Thats fine by me. And, if she changes to a hufflepuff, i will accept her in the order as well. It will mean very little revision in the app and get the player into the situation she wants for this character.

"Sasha", is this acceptable for you? If so, upon your response, we're done here, I'll accept her as an ex-Hufflepuff, sort her into grads, and then you can apply for your positions in Hogwarts.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23244
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Howl Blishwick Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:22 pm

Seriously though, she is not a hufflepuff. She may be kind, but she is not honest or hardworking. Nor is she brave. Nor is she All that intelligent (no offence)
She is however prone to cheating in tests, dreams of being famous and is desperately scared of becoming a no one.

This was my thinking precisely. *lol* And I kind of feel the same way about Hufflepuff... while I do think that Hufflepuff can sort of be a catch-all house because Helga Hufflepuff was a very generous, open-hearted person willing to take just about anyone; I also think that Hufflepuff has dominant traits that it values above all else... honesty, fairness, loyalty, and being hard-working. Sasha might fit the loyalty part, but not any of those dominant traits (and I disagree that EVERYONE can be like that... It's very difficult to be an honest, fair person... I think, maybe, it probably does show some optimism on the Sorting Hat's part, though, that anyone sorted in that house, even those who are part of the catch-alls, have the potential to be honest, fair, loyal, and hard-working).

Also, Jess... No offense taken. I am not any of my characters really, and I did intentionally make it so that she wasn't brave or particularly intelligent (or even hard-working... She is determined, but if she can find some way to get out of hard work to achieve her goals, she will). Anyway, I'm perfectly happy with making her a Transfiguration professor eventually, then (which is why I allowed for an either or thing; wanted to clarify with you, first)

Sorry, I didn't make her choice to be in Slytherin clear.... The thing is, Hufflepuff House does have a reputation for being the catch-all, ordinary, average House (even though, that isn't true; there are a lot of great Hufflepuffs), and that's the way Sasha thought. She thought if she got into Hufflepuff, it would mean she was average, ordinary... boring. She was really very adamant about not ending up in that House because she wanted to be someone great, a star, famous, influential! The Sorting Hat had thought about putting her in Hufflepuff originally, but it had a lot of doubts about that (and I think the only reason it was considering Hufflepuff was because it was taking her muggle-born status into account... while I do think the Sorting Hat judges someone more on who they are rather than what they are; I'm sure it is no doubt aware of many of the Slytherin's prejudices against muggleborns and wouldn't want to sort muggleborns into a house where they wouldn't be able to take harassment, prejudice, and ultimately end up failing because of it. The Sorting Hat seems to really want to put people in Houses where it knows people can succeed and reach their full potential. If she had been a pure-blood or half-blood, the Sorting Hat probably wouldn't have had ANY doubts) BECAUSE of the fact that she was dishonest, unfair, and not very hard-working.

There was also the fact that she was very ambitious... and also, as was previously stated, she's very proud of her Muggleborn status.... now, correct me if I'm wrong... But aren't Slytherins very proud of their pureblood status? And isn't that mainly the argument that's been used against her being in Slytherin? That she isn't proud enough of her heritage? And I think mostly it's because she's so ridiculously confident in who she is and who she wants to be (someone rich and famous) that the Sorting Hat thought that Slytherin would be the best House for her... because she'd be capable of persevering through the harassment and prejudice because of that confidence and because of her ambitious "whatever it takes to get what I want" mentality.

Last edited by Howl Blishwick on Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:33 pm; edited 2 times in total
Howl Blishwick
Howl Blishwick

Number of posts : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by Howl Blishwick Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:28 pm

Darren wanted to know the reason for Sasha's wanting to be in Slytherin... so, I went into detail about that in the above post. *lol* If after the above post, you all still feel she's more Hufflepuff than Slytherin, I will accept that since I do respect you admins input... and whatever else you decide, I'll also be fine with. Smile

I will grant Sasha head of slytherin house, since that does seem to be one of the end games on this app. Thats fine by me. And, if she changes to a hufflepuff, i will accept her in the order as well. It will mean very little revision in the app and get the player into the situation she wants for this character.

Hmmm? Err... Not sure what you mean by this... I guess you're saying as Head of Slytherin House, she wouldn't be accepted into the Order, but as Head of Hufflepuff House, she would?
Howl Blishwick
Howl Blishwick

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:21 pm

No. Thats not what I said. Or at least, its not what I meant. I said if she were a graduate from Slytherin I will not take her into the Order. If she is a graduate of Hufflepuff, I would allow it.

If you have questions, please read this thread here on House information that Darren wrote some time ago.

https://www.pottersarmy.net/t2723-house-information

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Howl Blishwick Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:47 pm

Ah, okay. Like I said, I'm fine with whatever you guys decide. I'm sorry for being difficult or anything... I hope I'm not being too troublesome. Sad
Howl Blishwick
Howl Blishwick

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:12 pm

You're not too much trouble. Healthy debate is what keeps us creative and growing here.

Okay, then. Make the necessary edit to make her an ex-Hufflepuff, go apply for the Hogwarts staffing positions, and I'll accept her.

I think we're all good now! Smile
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sasha M. Bernard Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:21 pm

Made the edits for her to be ex-Hufflepuff and also chose for her to specialize in transfiguration. Smile
Sasha M. Bernard
Sasha M. Bernard

Number of posts : 10
Special Abilities : Animagus
Occupation : Head of Slytherin, Substitute Professor, Master Tailor at Madam Malkins Robes for All Occasions

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top